Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (952948 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 7:29pm On Oct 17, 2014
the school sent it. sent 3 copies.
adebasket97:

Did you send it by yourself or your school sent it?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 7:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
sirkezman:
the school sent it. sent 3 copies.

okay bro. thanks.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by dthom14: 4:35am On Oct 18, 2014
@Adebasket , can i apply for Under graduate courses ?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 6:48am On Oct 18, 2014
adebasket97:

na wetin i dy find since o. maybe we need to contact the department and ask about it. cos the course am applying for at uni of helsinki requires that also
no b small tin ma broda, me sef don search tire oo...infact na all d programme I won apply to dey request 4 dis tin..@ all bosses wey don dey finland make una help us wit dis preliminary master thesis guideline abeg..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 7:04am On Oct 18, 2014
adebasket97:

okay bro. thanks.
tink we are to send only one copy oo since its uaf dat will process d document b4 sending to d school. its jus like ur ielts result which u need 2 send jus once. ..its on FAQS on uaf website and besides sombody said it ealier on these forum(read frm page 1) dat we are to send only one copy..I will try and mail uaf sha.... I stand to b corrected though
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 7:09am On Oct 18, 2014
dthom14:
@Adebasket , can i apply for Under graduate courses ?
yes, u can, bt note dat ther wil b an entrance examination.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 9:48am On Oct 18, 2014
billydragon:
tink we are to send only one copy oo since its uaf dat will process d document b4 sending to d school. its jus like ur ielts result which u need 2 send jus once. ..its on FAQS on uaf website and besides sombody said it ealier on these forum(read frm page 1) dat we are to send only one copy..I will try and mail uaf sha.... I stand to b corrected though

My man abeg mail them o. Cos my school charges 10k per copy for ....if I wan send for 5 courses na 50k be that o....lol.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 5:40pm On Oct 18, 2014
adebasket97:

My man abeg mail them o. Cos my school charges 10k per copy for ....if I wan send for 5 courses na 50k be that o....lol.

Boss.....be prepared to spend 50k. Cos you are sending 5 copies.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:08pm On Oct 18, 2014
iceberg54:

Cheers!

Chai....derriiisssss Goduuuu ooooo

No lele bro...finland all da way.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 11:01pm On Oct 18, 2014
adebasket97:

lool, same as my school too bt I don send d mail sha...waiting 4 there reply on monday...am still kind of confuse o, are we to send different copy of transcript of record to d same uaf or to d individual schools we are applying to?am applying 2 7 schools, oboy dats 70k! My head is spinning rite nw...wats ur opinion on sending the transcript from my school through register mail I.e nipost or ems.....want 2 mail my school if dey can send tru dis means to cut cost..or wat did u tink?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 11:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
iceberg54:

Cheers!
boss, no b small tin oo...we go hustle 4 d money, God dey. abeg any idea on d guideline 4 preliminary masters thesis?Tanx
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 5:59am On Oct 19, 2014
I think ots just one Transcript
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 8:27am On Oct 19, 2014
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 8:29am On Oct 19, 2014
iceberg54:

Cheers!

My Boss, i think since we are allowed to send an officially certified copy of our transcript as one of the enclosed application documents. We can get the scanned/coloured photocopies of it(as many copies as you need) from our schools and get them certified. Besides, I have not read anywhere that your school must compulsorily send the transcripts to UAF. This should even save you courier expenses, I stand to be corrected though.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 11:06am On Oct 19, 2014
Inufele1:

My Boss, i think since we are allowed to send an officially certified copy of our transcript as one of the enclosed application documents. We can get the scanned/coloured photocopies of it(as many copies as you need) from our schools and get them certified. Besides, I have not read anywhere that your school must compulsorily send the transcripts to UAF. This should even save you courier expenses, I stand to be corrected though.

I read it somewhere bro that it must be sent by the school. Will try to get that link again.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 11:14am On Oct 19, 2014
If you completed or are completing your degree in Nigeria, an official transcript of records must be submitted to University Admissions Finland by the awarding institution in a sealed envelope bearing the awarding institution’s official stamp. The transcript of records must come to University Admissions Finland directly from the awarding institution and cannot be sent by the applicant. It is acceptable if the envelope contains other official documents awarded by the institution (e.g. degree certificate and diploma supplement). However, no other enclosures can be submitted with the transcript of records.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 11:35am On Oct 19, 2014
adebasket97:
If you completed or are completing your degree in Nigeria, an official transcript of records must be submitted to University Admissions Finland by the awarding institution in a sealed envelope bearing the awarding institution’s official stamp. The transcript of records must come to University Admissions Finland directly from the awarding institution and cannot be sent by the applicant. It is acceptable if the envelope contains other official documents awarded by the institution (e.g. degree certificate and diploma supplement). However, no other enclosures can be submitted with the transcript of records.

this is why its good to have Elders in the house. Just noticed it under the 'Country specific' rule of submitting documents. Thanks a lot broda but this one na serious gobe O! And they said we cant send 1, we have to send as many as the number of programs we are applying for. Its only in the case of English test result that we can send 1 copy.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Walexwal: 6:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
Woow what a lovely thread. I have a degree in Agric Econs. Pls oga adebasket97 and others...pls kindly guide me on how to register for my masters biko...tnks at all
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 7:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
Walexwal:
Woow what a lovely thread. I have a degree in Agric Econs. Pls oga adebasket97 and others...pls kindly guide me on how to register for my masters biko...tnks at all

Read from page 1.it will only take you like 2-3days to get back here on this page.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 10:26am On Oct 20, 2014
WhyNa:
I think ots just one Transcript
I tot so 2 bt since d bosses in da aos are saying otherwise. Na 2 chill mk uaf begin registration next month.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by hirise: 1:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
Pls house, how much is visa fee for Finland.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 9:16pm On Oct 22, 2014
Seems boys don enter street cos of transcript money o....lolz...me sef dy street o, no time.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 11:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
adebasket97:
Seems boys don enter street cos of transcript money o....lolz...me sef dy street o, no time.
Na so o bro. Just thinking about the paying for multiple copies of transcripts. Instead, why not request for 1 copy and ask them to make coloured photocopies(as many copies as you need) that are as good as original copy. You can envelope each with your registration number written on them. Since its going to be sent by your school, UAF should accept it. Just saying... Dont know what elders think?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 9:59am On Oct 23, 2014
Abeg will undergraduate still send many copies of their result,?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:18am On Oct 23, 2014
LOL. 9ja guys sha. it doesnt actually make much difference getting multiple transcripts. l spent a total of 14k or there about to get my 3 transcripts to finland and it would have cost around 9k or so if i needed only one. also since it will be sent from your school, UAF do not expect your registration number to be written on the envelope. and i doubt if your school will want to make photocopies for you... except if na your uncle/family member de handle the process

Inufele1:

Na so o bro. Just thinking about the paying for multiple copies of transcripts. Instead, why not request for 1 copy and ask them to make coloured photocopies(as many copies as you need) that are as good as original copy. You can envelope each with your registration number written on them. Since its going to be sent by your school, UAF should accept it. Just saying... Dont know what elders think?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by elemzbaba: 10:34am On Oct 23, 2014
came across this link http://yle.fi/uutiset/have_you_come_up_against_unfair_hiring_practices_in_finland/7357822# . Can people already in Finland give us their own opinion
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
sirkezman:
LOL. 9ja guys sha. it doesnt actually make much difference getting multiple transcripts. l spent a total of 14k or there about to get my 3 transcripts to finland and it would have cost around 9k or so if i needed only one. also since it will be sent from your school, UAF do not expect your registration number to be written on the envelope. and i doubt if your school will want to make photocopies for you... except if na your uncle/family member de handle the process

Am paying 10k per one bro..x 5...that's 50bar. but wetin dy pain me pass na say na thag my registrar go chop am, and if I may ask, what fees do your school charge for sending 1 transcript abroad by courier (my school doesn't use nipost o)
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by WhyNa: 9:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
Omo una lucky. My school na 35k for one...do the maths
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 11:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
no. transcript posting no concern registrar. you only pay to the school for processing, like my own school na another ppl de for posting. so na to just talk to that one since na inside one envelope he go de. like three transcripts in different envelopes inside one big envelope and they used TNT then. 50k too much o. dont dull
adebasket97:

Am paying 10k per one bro..x 5...that's 50bar. but wetin dy pain me pass na say na thag my registrar go chop am, and if I may ask, what fees do your school charge for sending 1 transcript abroad by courier (my school doesn't use nipost o)
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 12:42am On Oct 24, 2014
elemzbaba:
came across this link http://yle.fi/uutiset/have_you_come_up_against_unfair_hiring_practices_in_finland/7357822# . Can people already in Finland give us their own opinion
wao, d comments on dat article got me realy scared man! Can't believe I read evrytin.... Are finnish realy dat racist towards a foreigner getting a professional job?

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.