Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (954126 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ogompaul(m): 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2014
adebasket97:

Yes, and you need to send three copies of transcript
I thought one transcript sent to UAF will do for multiple universities?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
ogompaul:
I thought one transcript sent to UAF will do for multiple universities?

Not at all.....@sirkezman already posted it here that we will have to submit more than one set if you're applying for more than one course. Also, I got this msg from UAF. Check the screenshot.

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 2:03pm On Nov 14, 2014
@adebasket,thats the information I got too.And I ws informed by UAF dt if possible,the school can send d transcript b4 application begins.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
let him apply, even 3rd class can apply. you never can tell

ooluseyipa:

I am still on it,bt am busy for now.will do dat in dec,since dec is wen d application is starts fully.
@adebasket and oda NL in finland,pls Wats d chance of smebody dat ve 2.50 cgpa?i have a friend with dt cgpa,n I told him not to apply.do 2nd class lower ve a chance?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 3:54pm On Nov 14, 2014
ooluseyipa:
@adebasket,thats the information I got too.And I ws informed by UAF dt if possible,the school can send d transcript b4 application begins.

I will be sending applying for mine nextweek and it should get to finland within 2-3weeks....

@sirkezman, hope its not too early cos I have not registered on funima o
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bestsolutionict: 4:41pm On Nov 14, 2014
adebasket97:

I will be sending applying for mine nextweek and it should get to finland within 2-3weeks....

There is something I wish to let u guys take note...send your transcript and docs within close time...last year, I sent a transcript den some few weeks latter, I posted the docs...den uaf said transcript never arrive in january...*I know wah I went tru b4 we could track d transcript to one of their staff*...if possible let ur docs be there b4 transcript or let dem leave nigeria same day...and if that's not possible...d days diff should not be too much...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 4:49pm On Nov 14, 2014
bestsolutionict:

There is something I wish to let u guys take note...send your transcript and docs within close time...last year, I sent a transcript den some few weeks latter, I posted the docs...den uaf said transcript never arrive in january...*I know wah I went tru b4 we could track d transcript to one of their staff*...if possible let ur docs be there b4 transcript or let dem leave nigeria same day...and if that's not possible...d days diff should not be too much...

You get it bro...that's what am trying to do. By the time I apply, my trabscript should be there within 4-7days max.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by elemzbaba: 6:08pm On Nov 14, 2014
sirkezman:
let him apply, even 3rd class can apply. you never can tell

Are there schools with a track record of admitting students with low cgpa's. Do you know anybody that has been admitted with a third or second class lower? No vex say my question plenty.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2014
bestsolutionict:

Thank you for the info.i will wait till 1st week in dec den,becos I wnt to ask d school to send it by nxt week friday.maybe I shld hold on,b4 asking dem.@adebasket apply 4 d transcript 1st,ASUU n nasu can come up with dere useless strike @serikaz,thanks a bunch 4 d info.i really appreciate it
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 6:51pm On Nov 14, 2014
bestsolutionict:

Is it possible I send it by myself?if yes,won't UAF knw dat I am d one dt sendit?
Anoda question is am applying to 3 schools,bt one of them,dere own application will start on 1st of january.if I send my transcripts now,will dey be able to trace it?t
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 7:37pm On Nov 14, 2014
ooluseyipa:

Thank you for the info.i will wait till 1st week in dec den,becos I wnt to ask d school to send it by nxt week friday.maybe I shld hold on,b4 asking dem.@adebasket apply 4 d transcript 1st,ASUU n nasu can come up with dere useless strike @serikaz,thanks a bunch 4 d info.i really appreciate it

but the question is how many weeks will it take the school to process and get the transcript to uaf..........it cant be instant. am sure it will take 2-3weeks........................so its advisable start the processing by ending of nov, so by 2nd weeek of dec, transcript is should be at uaf
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 12:48am On Nov 15, 2014
adebasket97:

but the question is how many weeks will it take the school to process and get the transcript to uaf..........it cant be instant. am sure it will take 2-3weeks........................so its advisable start the processing by ending of nov, so by 2nd weeek of dec, transcript is should be at uaf

Okay.my own transcript is out,I jst wnt to send.dough I will wait till dec b4 I send it.thanks a bunch
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 5:51am On Nov 15, 2014
ooluseyipa:

Okay.my own transcript is out,I jst wnt to send.dough I will wait till dec b4 I send it.thanks a bunch

Yes man
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 8:53am On Nov 15, 2014
lol. register on funmina nah.. shdnt take more than 3 mins. ofcourse its not to early. and sometimes the transcripts might take longer to be posted. i suggest you get the postman's number so u can always keep track. mine took 4 days to get to finland after it was posted but it took more than 3 weeks before it was posted. u dig?
adebasket97:

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 8:57am On Nov 15, 2014
yes i know guys with 2.2. haven't seen anyone with third class though. your result isnt the only criteria, if you have first class and get 6 in ielts, you are not going anywhere and in case of my own department, we had an interview and even if you meet all the criteria and fail the interview, you are still out. your first degree will only be used when there are so many qualified applicants. Thats why its advisable to apply to many schools/courses

elemzbaba:
Are there schools with a track record of admitting students with low cgpa's. Do you know anybody that has been admitted with a third or second class lower? No vex say my question plenty.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 15, 2014
[center][/center]Hi,
I have admission to a University in Finland. I just applied for residence permit however. My interview is in early december. Is it possible to get the residence permit in January? I have to be in school before January 8. I have a house and stuff already so that is not a problem. I am just so worried about the limited time involved. Is it possible or should I just set my mind on being late?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 8:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
sirkezman:
yes i know guys with 2.2. haven't seen anyone with third class though. your result isnt the only criteria, if you have first class and get 6 in ielts, you are not going anywhere and in case of my own department, we had an interview and even if you meet all the criteria and fail the interview, you are still out. your first degree will only be used when there are so many qualified applicants. Thats why its advisable to apply to many schools/courses

boss, pls what are the likely question they ask during interview and Did they conduct the interview through d phone? I will b applying to 2 programmes in uni of oulu and they both require interview. Thanks
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2014
Naijaphil:
[center][/center]Hi,
I have admission to a University in Finland. I just applied for residence permit however. My interview is in early december. Is it possible to get the residence permit in January? I have to be in school before January 8. I have a house and stuff already so that is not a problem. I am just so worried about the limited time involved. Is it possible or should I just set my mind on being late?
you likely to get your permit from 3 weeks after interview, but even it comes out a little after jan 8 I think it dose not matter cos the sch will know what are passing through, did you apply online? Or paper,
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bestsolutionict: 7:59am On Nov 16, 2014
Naijaphil:
[center][/center]Hi,

Don't worry...u will get it b4 that dat or dat week...migri is aware abt everything...so they will give u a decision as soon as possible... Wc side of finland are u going? When is ur interview date?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bestsolutionict: 8:05am On Nov 16, 2014
ooluseyipa:

Go to ur xool and collect ur transcript in ur hand...den u can post by ur self....if u rely on ur xool posting for u...dey may take more time and u will not be able to track it by ur self....
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bestsolutionict: 8:11am On Nov 16, 2014
ooluseyipa:

Is it possible I send it by myself?if yes,won't UAF knw dat I am d one dt sendit?
Anoda question is am applying to 3 schools,bt one of them,dere own application will start on 1st of january.if I send my transcripts now,will dey be able to trace it?t

ooluseyipa:
Is it possible I send it by myself?
Yes u can, send me a mail to bestsolutionict@gmail.com I will teach u

ooluseyipa:

Anoda question is am applying to 3 schools,bt one of them,dere own application will start on 1st of january.if I send my transcripts now,will dey be able to trace it

Yeah...dey will...but if u learn to post ur self...den u can hold on to d last transcript till u apply for the last course

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Inufele1: 8:29am On Nov 16, 2014
bestsolutionict:

Yeah...dey will...but if u learn to post ur self...den u can hold on to d last transcript till u apply for the last course
What ever teaching u want to teach someone u should do it on this thread please, do everything in the open no private email exchanges here, except for study materials. that is why it's called an open forum. Many people are sending transcripts, so tell us what u know, just like you have been told all you asked too.

Besides UAF won't accept transcript not sent directly from your school with the sending school seal on it.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 11:54am On Nov 16, 2014
Abeg if you have anything reasonable, let's share it here.
As @inufele said,

@post, let the school do their work and do yours.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by bumitek02(m): 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
bestsolutionict:

guy abeg how much did it cost you to send your documents to finland, which courier service did u use
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
Inufele1:

What ever teaching u want to teach someone u should do it on this thread please, do everything in the open no private email exchanges here, except for study materials. that is why it's called an open forum. Many people are sending transcripts, so tell us what u know, just like you have been told all you asked too.

Besides UAF won't accept transcript not sent directly from your school with the sending school seal on it.

I sent my transcripts myself last year and I didn't really have any issues. The point is ur sch will issue the transcript and stamp the seal of the envelope, so there's no way UAF ll kno it was mailed by you. Just make sure you write the name of ur sch as sending organization and probably use the name of ur Registrar as the sending official.
Especially if ur sch is not in Lagos, it could take them an age to mail it, so 4 me it's better to av ur destiny in ur hand rather than some lazy sch official.
Wish u guys all d very best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 1:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
Bunmiemich:

I sent my transcripts myself last year and I didn't really have any issues. The point is ur sch will issue the transcript and stamp the seal of the envelope, so there's no way UAF ll kno it was mailed by you. Just make sure you write the name of ur sch as sending organization and probably use the name of ur Registrar as the sending official.
Especially if ur sch is not in Lagos, it could take them an age to mail it, so 4 me it's better to av ur destiny in ur hand rather than some lazy sch official.
Wish u guys all d very best.

Getting the school to stamp the seal of the envelope for us is another wahala....make dm send am jare.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
adebasket97:

Getting the school to stamp the seal of the envelope for us is another wahala....make dm send am jare.

Exactly.the issue is jst that.my school can give me d transcript,i even have one copy @ home,bt dey will neva stamp it @ d back.The only thing dts applicable,is to send it by Dec.so dt,even if it takes 3weeks to get there,u will still meet the deadline.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 4:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
Guys have u read the the transcript page on UAF?pls kindly go thru it,becos I do nt understand it very well.i jst wnt us to discuss abt it.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 7:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
ooluseyipa:
Guys have u read the the transcript page on UAF?pls kindly go thru it,becos I do nt understand it very well.i jst wnt us to discuss abt it.

Wetin u see o bro
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2014
adebasket97:

Wetin u see o bro

Bro,dey re saying,dey wnt our transcript to be a format.Kindly go thru dere page,u will see it dere.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
ooluseyipa:

Bro,dey re saying,dey wnt our transcript to be a format.Kindly go thru dere page,u will see it dere.

Paste the link here man

Or you mean this......

Transcript of Records
The official transcript of records must include the following information:

full titles of the units that the student has completed for the degree

completion times of study units (or at the very least the overall study time at the institution)

grades obtained credits awarded information on the grading scale used at the institution at the time of study
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by obiaguna(m): 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
adebasket97:

Your international passport

what if one does not have his/her international passport?

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.