Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,185 members, 7,839,037 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Studying In Finland (free Tuition) - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Studying In Finland (free Tuition) (959074 Views)

Study In Finland For Undergraduate (tuition Free) / Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Study In Finland In September: Tuition Free! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (371) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 3:49pm On May 01, 2015
billydragon:
i tot d confirmation form is to be send bk 2 d admission office via email rite....d admission officer told me dat I shud send it bk 2 her via email if I am not mistaken or is it 2 b send via post mail(dhl)?

And I tink d official notification of admission sent to u by d admission officer can b use 2 process visa rite Cos am tinking of using dis to process my visa. I don't want 2 delay my sef by waiting
4 d hard copy of d admission letter.....

We will send it by email and dispatch it by dhl again. Moreova,u can use it to process ur visa, if u print it by colour printer. Moreova why d rush,u can wait for d nxt 2 weeks now.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 5:44pm On May 01, 2015
adebasket97:

Welcome onboard bro, leave that 25hrs weekly o. get there first.

Adebasket.... I greet.

How will you go about this health insurance stuff by UEF? Check out the mail they sent me:
Health insurance for international students coming to Finland:
In order to get a residence permit, all international students must have a proper health insurance. The University of Eastern Finland has partnered with Student Insurance Package (SIP) providers MARSH, and the University is able to recommend this insurance package that is pre-approved by the Finnish Immigration Service. This pre-approval will result in a quicker decision on your application. For more detailed information about the type of coverage you will need and its’ cost, please visit the insurance provider’s website: www.sipinsurance.eu

Please note thatany communication or questions about the insurance should be directed to the insurance provider and that your residence permit will only be valid for as long as the health insurance that you buy.
Abeg, lemme know the package you dey use run your own....
Tnx
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 5:50pm On May 01, 2015
ooluseyipa:

We will send it by email and dispatch it by dhl again. Moreova,u can use it to process ur visa, if u print it by colour printer. Moreova why d rush,u can wait for d nxt 2 weeks now.
na so jare baba...I don later retink am, I go chill make I gather my docs wella.....no mind me jare na russia I won do b4...lol
One oda tin boss, d box on d confirmation form, is it 2 b mark "x" or "yes"?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 8:32pm On May 01, 2015
Pls friends, can I apply in more than seven university in Finland during the next admission? Pls if yes, will I send upto eight application form with eight original transcript to the university admission of Finland (UAF), pls I really need direction. This year will be my first time to apply, and I pray that I will make it. ( to all admitted candidate am happy for you all, and also wishes all, best of luck)
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 9:12pm On May 01, 2015
adebasket97:
eheheheh...I hail you boys o. hw RP stuff dy go

@goskian we go need the health insurance b4 applying o.

Main Docs needed for RP

Admission Letter, SOA, and Health Insurance.

where to go now na wahala o.

Oulu, UEF, Turku, Tampere. Got Admission to all the four unis.

Abeg My bosses, help me Choose o, #Confused
congrat, am happy for you. Pls did you sent four application form and four original transcript copy when you applied? Pls assist me with information, I have research and found both my course and that related to my course in the following Finland university; university of Tampere , university of Jyvaskyla, Lappeenranta university of Technology, university of Vaasa, university of Turku, university of Lapland, university of Eastern Finland, university of Oulu, Abo Akademi university. I will like to apply to all of them if possible, how much will it cost me to have my application form and other requirements send to the nine universities? (Pls anybody can help me with my questions). Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by sirkezman: 10:10pm On May 01, 2015
the embassy will give you the account number to pay you and also give you all the necessary information regarding your application

billydragon:
wa o, tanx boss.....did u mean after fillin d online application, we would pay 2 a nigerian bank here 4 d visa application fee? And will d account number b display on d on line application form? Abeg no vex say ma question 2 much boss...abi jjc 4 dis visa ish nii baba...lol
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 10:11pm On May 01, 2015
billydragon:
na so jare baba...I don later retink am, I go chill make I gather my docs wella.....no mind me jare na russia I won do b4...lol
One oda tin boss, d box on d confirmation form, is it 2 b mark "x" or "yes"?

Yes
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Aucun(m): 12:09am On May 02, 2015
hakeembee:
@Aucun and Gocare, Finland schools open Masters admission btwn November and February so wait till next year.

Thanks mahn..
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:43am On May 02, 2015
@cmanforall na AIICO I wan use o but I will check that out. I didn't receive the message though.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:44am On May 02, 2015
Chibuking81:
congrat, am happy for you. Pls did you sent four application form and four original transcript copy when you applied? Pls assist me with information, I have research and found both my course and that related to my course in the following Finland university; university of Tampere , university of Jyvaskyla, Lappeenranta university of Technology, university of Vaasa, university of Turku, university of Lapland, university of Eastern Finland, university of Oulu, Abo Akademi university. I will like to apply to all of them if possible, how much will it cost me to have my application form and other requirements send to the nine universities? (Pls anybody can help me with my questions). Thanks in anticipation.

yes bro, if you're applying for seven courses, you have to send 7 seperate docs and 7 transcripts
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 10:04am On May 02, 2015
adebasket97:

yes bro, if you're applying for seven courses, you have to send 7 seperate docs and 7 transcripts
thanks for your reply. Pls, should I be the one to get the transcript from my school and send, or will the school be the one to do that on my behalf. Secondly, will the nine transcript be the original or both photocopies?. I will be more grateful for your kind respond.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Cmanforall: 10:06am On May 02, 2015
adebasket97:
@cmanforall na AIICO I wan use o but I will check that out. I didn't receive the message though.

Ok.
But what will you do if you had received the message? Cos I think AIICO is cheaper.

And do you think I have to stick to their choice?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 10:47am On May 02, 2015
Cmanforall:

Ok.
But what will you do if you had received the message? Cos I think AIICO is cheaper.

I received d message 2 ooo...I don't really understand it tho....bt is it a must we do d insurance? I was tinking dey are referring 2 d health insurance we go do here.....abeg anybody dat has experience abt dis shud shed more light on it...

@sirkezman and olusseyipa, tanx.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 11:13am On May 02, 2015
bateej:
i sent a msg but no reply pls help i need to get intouch with anyone who is currently in Finland am planning on coming for my masters in Public health in university of Tampere or Eastern Finland.Though I have only heard from Tampere for an interview which I did.
I am a family man and planning to come with my wife and kid. I need to know how easy to settle with family, getting jobs, my wife starting a business there too..I dont mind exchanging of emails or watapp..
We also have to choose btwn Tampere and Kupio in Eastern finland

what did you fill in your marital status when you apply? Pls I want to know better. Married is it of advantage or disadvantage, or no provision for that in the form? Also during your interview any question concerning the family you will leave behind? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 11:19am On May 02, 2015
Chibuking81:
thanks for your reply. Pls, should I be the one to get the transcript from my school and send, or will the school be the one to do that on my behalf. Secondly, will the nine transcript be the original or both photocopies?. I will be more grateful for your kind respond.
d school will send it on ur behalf and it will b original.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 12:34pm On May 02, 2015
@billydragon I think they are recommending it "a form of advert" it's not mandatory we use it. make we wait for others ssha.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 12:35pm On May 02, 2015
Cmanforall:

Ok.

I don't think so o
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by Chibuking81(m): 1:55pm On May 02, 2015
billydragon:
d school will send it on ur behalf and it will b original.
thanks a million.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 8:06pm On May 02, 2015
billydragon:
I received d message 2 ooo...I don't really understand it tho....bt is it a must we do d insurance? I was tinking dey are referring 2 d health insurance we go do here.....abeg anybody dat has experience abt dis shud shed more light on it...

@sirkezman and olusseyipa, tanx.

That insurance form in our package for UEF,is jst a form of advert. UEF is helping them to advertise the package. But wen I calculate the overall cost,is the same thing with what AIICO and mutual will collect from us. So let's stick to what we ve in d country and apply with it
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 10:46pm On May 02, 2015
adebasket97:
@billydragon I think they are recommending it "a form of advert" it's not mandatory we use it. make we wait for others ssha.
i tot as much 2 baba. as u said ealier, make we chill 4 odas to shed more light. i hope dey dont request for primary school certificate rite? i saw on the online application dat the maximum amount of documents we are allowed to upload is jus ten. abeg, for som1 who has been workin for almost 5yrs, wat oda document will i need to bk my statement of acct apart frm employment letter and pay slip? do i need to include my pension fund certificate, i d card and tax clearance certificate?
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by billydragon: 11:45pm On May 02, 2015
ooluseyipa:

That insurance form in our package for UEF,is jst a form of advert. UEF is helping them to advertise the package. But wen I calculate the overall cost,is the same thing with what AIICO and mutual will collect from us. So let's stick to what we ve in d country and apply with it
u nailed it baba....na 2 stick wit aiico insurance b dat...
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by ooluseyipa(m): 6:08am On May 03, 2015
billydragon:
i tot as much 2 baba. as u said ealier, make we chill 4 odas to shed more light. i hope dey dont request for primary school certificate rite? i saw on the online application dat the maximum amount of documents we are allowed to upload is jus ten. abeg, for som1 who has been workin for almost 5yrs, wat oda document will i need to bk my statement of acct apart frm employment letter and pay slip? do i need to include my pension fund certificate, i d card and tax clearance certificate?

If u ve all does document,use it ooooo. So has to be on d safer side.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 6:51am On May 03, 2015
billydragon:

lollz, they consider you as a student man. no be canadian embassy u dy go nah...lol...

I got a list before, will try to search for it. just your certs (waec,birth cert,uni cert,transcript e.t.c) /soa/admission letter/health insurance. Some peeps got with those docs last year.

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by saintpope: 7:03am On May 03, 2015
hello house in regard to the health insurance I will advice everyone not to get any insurance from Nigeria, because what is obtainable from Nigeria is just travell insurance and it differs from health insurance. The best option is to buy Swiss care insurance online and it is the cheapest you can get, and also valid all through the EU zone. This is what we have been using since we came to Europe and it is the best, it is different from.the travel insurance which aiico or mutual benefits will give you. Kindly go to www.Swisscare.com and you will be able to get one for €197 far more cheaper than SIP recommended by the universities. In case you need more clarifications pls write me here so I can address it. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 8:37am On May 03, 2015
@billydragon, RP application instructions for 2014, i believe 2015 will be the same or slightly different

1 Share

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 8:43am On May 03, 2015
@saintpope, can we do this on arrival to finland or before?

But what we are to do at AIICO is health insurance not travel insurance
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by iceberg54: 9:45am On May 03, 2015
Guys...no worry yourselves abeg.
The UEF stuff na advert.
The AIICO stuff na health insurance not travel..
A guy was sick here. He is on this forum. AIICO paid all his bills (3200 euros)
Go to the nearest Aiico office.
Insurance shld be the least of your worries. Na how to package funds be koko.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by saintpope: 9:47am On May 03, 2015
adebasket97:
@saintpope, can we do this on arrival to finland or before?

But what we are to do at AIICO is health insurance not travel insurance

Aiico will only give u travel insurance and not health insurance, it is better u do it before coming to save cost, and if u feel u have lots of money then u can buy aiico and later buy health insurance when u get to Finland
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 9:53am On May 03, 2015
adebasket97:

lollz, they consider you as a student man. no be canadian embassy u dy go nah...lol...

I got a list before, will try to search for it. just your certs (waec,birth cert,uni cert,transcript e.t.c) /soa/admission letter/health insurance. Some peeps got with those docs last year.

birth certificate ke, transcript again no b docs wey schs see before them offer admission? Dis migri people no go kill person o...

Find attached a document I got from the mail sent to me by TUT when I was informed about my admission

Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 10:01am On May 03, 2015
thanks iceberg

abeg bro, u knw if finnish embassy dy call bank to check account status after application. or we just submit account statement. cos na hustle I wan hustle the remaining bar o, and na to return am sharperly cos of interest rate.
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by adebasket97: 10:03am On May 03, 2015
olabode89:

birth certificate ke, transcript again no b docs wey schs see before them offer admission? Dis migri people no go kill person o...

Find attached a document I got from the mail sent to me by TUT when I was informed about my admission

same was sent to everyone bro, from the school but the letter I attached for 2014 will be sent to you from finnish embassy
Re: Studying In Finland (free Tuition) by olabode89(m): 10:16am On May 03, 2015
adebasket97:
thanks iceberg

abeg bro, u knw if finnish embassy dy call bank to check account status after application. or we just submit account statement. cos na hustle I wan hustle the remaining bar o, and na to return am sharperly cos of interest rate.

No do like that o.... they will request for your bank account statement again during the application.

Me sef money never complete o... na to find somewhere borrow then leave am for the account for the duration of the application period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (371) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.