Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,848 members, 7,824,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates (27088 Views)

Dino Melaye And His Cars' Number Plates / Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States / Fashola Got Tongue Lashed For Saying*lagos Won't Vote For GEJ* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by daywatcher: 8:35am On Oct 04, 2012
fantastic move..very soon I hope people will be able to buy monthly bus passes
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Ngwakwe: 8:36am On Oct 04, 2012
Why are some people in Nairaland/Nigeria hypocrites?

Abia State Government sacked non indigenes from Abia State Goverment Work force for which they are the employer, everybody condemned the action.

Lagos State Government is banning Nigerian States Registered commercial vehicles from operating in Lagos State where there are many Federal Roads and some lunati.cs want to justify it.

I will always point out the hypocrisy and bias nature inherent in most Political Opinions of Fashola supporters.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Burger01(m): 8:37am On Oct 04, 2012
More reason for LASTMA to support and intensify their agbero madness.... Na wa for Lagos o...
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by etunoman76(m): 8:40am On Oct 04, 2012
ogugua88:

This is true. I give credit to some of them trying, but like in Fashola's case, I think there are more pressing issues that need attention first.

I'm an apprentice winch so the pay is menial for now. My duty post is in the Caymen Islands, near Mitt Romney's bank accounts. I don't mind the low wage. The place is beautiful cool

I believe provision of more infrastructures and strengthening of security should be priorities.

Hmmmmmm.......apprentice winch can be deadliest, because they want to impress n of cos get to the top. However, dont despise days of little beginning. Maybe u shud share the beauty of that place via pix
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by oladayo042: 8:40am On Oct 04, 2012
They keep citing "standard best practices" when it benefits them and "this is Nigeria" when they are at disadvantage. SMH

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by mmmustapha(m): 8:46am On Oct 04, 2012
Lagos state mtseww r they above kano, if they ban plate no of other states we will ban theirs in kd n kn
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by damilarelr(m): 8:48am On Oct 04, 2012
Bosuntop: This fashola and A.C.N are just looking for avenue to raise fund and they make useless laws back it up.why did he not make law to prosecute non performing officials of his government.
I read it some times ago part of the new traffic law is that any political officer especially a member of the Lagos House of Assembly who has any road found unrepaired or dilapidated will bag prison years after public service..maybe 3 or 30 years.

But come to think of it, if the state claim to be fundin her road repairs and maintenance from the revenues generated from vehicle registration and traffic offences..intended commercial drivers should also contribute their own quota by registering their vehicles in Lagos number.

BTW, Laws were not made by Fashola, every law passes through the legislative arm of the government. IMO, Lagos government should focus more on the sanity and soundness of the Lagos bus drivers, that will also reduce the number of traffic law offenders. And after the assessment they should award a kind of commercial driver licence which will be cheaper and bring more sanity compared to obtaining a new plate number.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by armadeo(m): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2012
Eko Ile:

More like best and wise priority. If you call Lagos state home, you must register your car in lagos for a lot of reasons starting with transportation and infrastructural planning, tax collection, law enforcement and uniformity. It's for your own good. This is how it's done in every sane country.

Besides, why freeload on other Lagosians? The money Lagosians pay to register their cars in Lagos state fund road and transportation projects so pay your own fair share or move to another state if you are so desperate for awoof and freeloading...

These backward NIGERIANS just don't want to enter 21st century...

What of cars not resident in lagos using lagos plate numbers and believe me when I say these touts once high on whatever crap they drink will assault transport vehicles from other states due to this plate numbver issue. Its from here it will extend to private vehicles watch and see, afterall they wanted lagos state drivers license b4.
He whom the Gods want to disgrace they first make mad.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by abiamahart: 8:53am On Oct 04, 2012
@born2phuck
the op write up included private car owners. Go back and read through. For me Lagos in trying to get things right may just be pushing it too far.

THIS MEANS IF ALL STATES WERE TO ADOPT SIMILAR MEASURES IT THEN FOLLOWS THAT I WOULD HAVE NEEDED TO RE-REGISTER MY CAR IN EVERY STATE WE HAD A PROJECT IF THE LAWS WERE EFFECTIVE BTW 2008 AND 2010

LAGOS IS ATTEMPTING TO BE BIGGER THAN NIGERIA WHILE EXPLOITING THE LACK OF KNOW HOW BY THE EXECUTIVE AND HOUSE MEMBERS TO SEE A TREND THAT IS LIKELY GOING TO DIVIDE US.

I NOW HAVE TWO LAWYERS ON CALL FOR LAGOS NEW LAWS
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by luvinhubby(m): 8:55am On Oct 04, 2012
Slizbeat: They say "A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A STEP" What took America over 200 years to attain naim lagos want attain in less than 100yrs. Well its gud to learn fast buh d fact remains that it will crumble soonest. If they feel its a gud policy and does not contravens any part of the constitution, then they should carry it out at their own risk afterall it does not affect private jet and helicopter owners like me. cheesy
We-re, awuka, onye-ara !!! grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by tunapawizzy: 9:02am On Oct 04, 2012
plenty kola: to me this is stupidity and madness

sheeer stupidity, arrant nonsense....e be like fashola and im crew dun dey smoke igbo
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by damilarelr(m): 9:04am On Oct 04, 2012
In case you don't know. Commercial vehicles uses red plate numbers, Blue ones are used by Private owners. Government uses green plate numbers, and Forces use black!

So anytime you're in Lagos and you see a Red Lagos plate number, then the vehicle must be a commercial one.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by afinic001(m): 9:07am On Oct 04, 2012
Another mispIaced priority! Why can't dey take empIoyment generation seriousIy d way dey took d traffic Iaws?
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Dermie: 9:08am On Oct 04, 2012
cheesywink Uniform.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by abiamahart: 9:08am On Oct 04, 2012
IF I WERE AN EXECUTIVE GOVERNOR IN THE SOUTH OR EASTERN STATES I WOULD TAKE ADVANTAGE OF LAGOS AND OFFER REPRIEVE TO PULL PEOPLE OUT OF LAGOS TO MY STATE LIKE THE UAE IS DOING.

OFFCOURSE YOU MUST PUT FACILITIES ON GROUND TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO RELOCATE OUT OF LAGOS. I SEE DELTA AND RIVERS HAVING THE FINANCIAL STRENGHT TO PULL THIS OFF.

THESE STATES HAVE THE ADDED ADVANTAGE OF HAVING MEGGER PORT AND AIRPORT FACILITIES IF THEY HAVE THE VISION.

I AM FROM DELTA STATE BY ORIGIN. BORN IN LAGOS WHERE THE LAW SAYS AFTER SEVEN YEARS YOU ARE A CITIZEN OF THE STATE. VOILA RECENTLY DISCRIMINATION AT STATE LEVEL.

PRESENTLY POPULATION OF NON INDIGENES ARE FAR MORE THAN THOSE WHO CAN RIGHTLY CLAIM INDIGENE STATUS EVEN IF YOU ADD OTHER YORUBA SPEAKING STATES DOMICILED IN LAGOS IT WILL SHOCK YOU TO FIND OUT THEY ARE LESS OTHAN OTHER TRIBES COMBINED
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by luvinhubby(m): 9:10am On Oct 04, 2012
Tonex: Nigerians moan about everything. Our failed democracy has shown that without draconian rules, Nigerians do not have the discipline to do the right things. I support Fashola for this bold move. We need a very firm hand since we have decided to remain unruly
And if i may ask, WHAT IS UNRULY ABOUT US?
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Ewabeads(f): 9:15am On Oct 04, 2012
Na real wa oooo,vry soon other states too go do samething...hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by ballabriggs: 9:18am On Oct 04, 2012
They say the man is a dictator, I laugh. He is a dictator because he does not want a continuation of the old chaotic life?

This thing called development what do you people think it is? If you think everyone will accept the change that comes with development then you must be a joke.

It takes courage to move an underdeveloped country and this is clearly what the man is demonstrating in this situation.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by basisop(m): 9:18am On Oct 04, 2012
etunoman76:

I am a civil engineer and gets a building contract in Lagos that'll take about 4-6 months to execute, and I decide to travel down there with my car for ease of transportation, with the intention of going back to my permanent base in Abuja. Does that mean that I'll now have 2 pairs of plate nos and double registration, one for Abuja and the other for Lagos?
I'm trying to comprehend the logic behind this particular part of the law

Thank Bro. My company once sent me for a 4-month course and I went with my car for easy movement around Lagos. So when next I'll have to register my car in Lagos. How will they know when you entered Lagos? Do we have robust database technology like the developed countries before doing our copy and paste?
This man is a joke!
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 04, 2012
The title of the report is misleading and I hope the poster did not do this intentionally to either discredit Lagos State Govt or to make sure that the topic generates traffic.
A simple comprehension of the report will reveal that only commercial drivers that are resident and operate commercially within the State are affected. The commissioner clearly stated that interstate vehicles are not affected. He pointed out that only vehicles that pick passengers along Lagos road (irrespective of whether intrastate or interstate) will be penalised or required to have Lagos driver licence.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by SamMilla1(m): 9:19am On Oct 04, 2012
Lagos is fast becoming a sovereign state.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by luvinhubby(m): 9:20am On Oct 04, 2012
Plsss, PDP shud give us a good candidate to vote for and vote out Tinubu's fashola and ACN from Lagos.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by MurphyT1: 9:20am On Oct 04, 2012
this is highly un acceptable, i think de is smthng he got under his sleeves
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by abiamahart: 9:20am On Oct 04, 2012
THE LAGOS STATE GOVT IS TRYING TO GET THINGS RIGHT BUT THEY MUST UNDERSTAND THAT THE STATE WAS A FEDERAL CAPITAL BEFORE IT WAS MOVED TO THE FCT.

IF THE FCT EXISTED IN 1960-1963 OR POST AMALGAMATION IN 1914 LAGOS WILL HAVE NOTHING TO GLOAT ABOUT. THE STATE IS USING THE SPRING BOARD OF ITS PREVIOUS STATUS OTHERWISE ASK CALABAR-CROSS RIVER STATE WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO TASTE IT BRIEFLY
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by MurphyT1: 9:23am On Oct 04, 2012
obasy09: The title of the report is misleading and I hope the poster did not do this intentionally to either discredit Lagos State Govt or to make sure that the topic generate traffic.
A simple comprehension of the report will reveal that only commercial drivers that are resident and operate commercially within the State. The commissioner clearly stated that interstate vehicles are not affected. He pointed out that only vehicles that pick passengers along Lagos road (irrespective of whether intrastate or interstate) will be penalised or required to have Lagos driver licence.
arent u stl saying d same thing? as long as de is a reg of number plate, so i cnt relocate to lag as a hustler to do cabu cabu biz for a short while b4 relocating back to my base, but cars with lag no. plates can do dat everywhere, go to abj, chunk of cabs der, carry lag no. plates..
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by akpunku1: 9:26am On Oct 04, 2012
Our Husbands Fashola has gone mad again

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Turbocharged: 9:26am On Oct 04, 2012
acidosis™:

Must it always be LAW LAW and LAW? ? ? Na only him get law degree ? ? ? we have governors with 3 degrees including one in international law.. yet doing well without putting pressure and fear on citizens..

Fashola is a lawyer without intelligence.. simple
Jealousy!
This ur witchcraft, is it self-made or inherited?
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by ifysimple(f): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2012
Rubbish. Imagine ‎​Ħ☺ώ it will look like if other states follow suit! MtchewwwwW

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by tayoTFC(m): 9:32am On Oct 04, 2012
people should read and understand the content of the message before comment.
howeve, the benefit of tbe law according to my understanding are as follow,
1, SECURITY- One every commercial vehicle is register and store in the lagos state transport Database the issue of one chance will reduce cos vitim can easily identify the plate number and report to the nearest station and the owner of such vehicle could be identify for procecution.
2. it will reduce reckless driving among the commercial drivers- since passager can report the plate number to FRSC to check the driving ability of the driver and if fould guilty the licence could be withdraw
3. it will reduce Accidence among commercial motorist cos one u drive reckless or the driver have drink paraga/ smoke igbo such driver could be report and cution throught the new database record since it contain all the owner information
4. criminal would not be able to used the vehicle to rob passager etc.
it will go along way to sanitse the transportation industry..expecialy the danfo drivers
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by jadakiss213(m): 9:33am On Oct 04, 2012
Looking at the body of the post,I think its safe to say the heading is at best MISLEADING.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Delafruita(m): 9:35am On Oct 04, 2012
centje: Nigerian govts are too quick to copy without a proper infrastructure to carry out such imported idea.

The same way CBN rushed into cashless policy.

Do lagos state govt have a well organised computer data base to conduct and monitor this new law? Can they correlate the same with other state's or federal data base?
Or is this jst a way to increase tax collection without any positive impact on the lives of lagosians in terms of security or arrest of traffic law defaulters.

So inter state commercial vehicles shuldnt use lagos bus stops? This is madness! I agree they shuldnt pick up passangers frm the bus stops buh not to arrest them for dropping off passengers...na wa o!

Well,I jst hope lagos state govt has the necessary facilities ,man power and well thought out benefits to residents.
I find it hilarious when people comment on topics out of ignorance.perhaps you don't live in lagos.or perhaps you do live in lagos but you don't own a vehicle hence you have never had contact with autoreg.vehicle registration is now computerised.when I renew my vehicle license,I get a text message confirming it.my details are in the system including my name,address,employer and phone number.if the entire nation had such a system,cars will be traceable to their owners.the nigeria police wouldn't need to place adverts in papers asking owners of missing cars to come and identify their vehicles.the benefits of these system are enormous and the lagos state government deserves commendation
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by abiamahart: 9:37am On Oct 04, 2012
THE REASON WHY I WORRY ABOUT LAGOS AND ITS LAWS IS THE ETHNIC SPREAD. YOU CANNOT COMPARE LAGOS TO ZAMFARA OR SOKOTO.

WHERE YOU ARE TOLD SO MANY DONTS DUE TO ITS SHARIA STATUS. I WILL BE INSANE GOING THERE AND EXPECT TO DRINK BEER IN PUBLIC.

BACK HOME IN DELTA OR LAGOS I CAN FREELY RELAX WITH MY GUESTS IN THE SIT-OUT WITH ALCOHOL WITHOUT FEAR OF BREAKING ANY LAW.

HAVING SAID THIS A COSMOPOLITAN CITY LIKE LAGOS NOW WAKES UP TO TELL ME BEER IS BANNED. JUST IMAGINE THE REACTION. ANYWAY THE REVENUE THEY GET WONT EVEN ALLOW THEM CREATE LAWS THAT WILL. DENY THEM INCOME.

ALL AND ALL I SEE SELECTIVE DISPENSATION OF THE LAW FOR SELFISH GAIN DISGUISED AS PART OF DEVELOPMENT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Soludo’s Inauguration Slap: Bianca Did What Ojukwu Taught Her In 1995 - Omokri / Why We Are After Dino Melaye, Police Explain / Wike Commissions Opobo/Nkoro Unity Road, First Link Road In 150 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.