Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,730 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:36 AM

Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates (27487 Views)

Dino Melaye And His Cars' Number Plates / Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States / Fashola Got Tongue Lashed For Saying*lagos Won't Vote For GEJ* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by jiyemi: 1:13pm On Oct 04, 2012
grin this is a misplaced priority for d ministry of transportation.there are more pressing issues to address concerning traffic in lagos.... by d way ,is lagos trying to seperate itself from nigeria? first it was lagos state driving license and now lagos lagos state registration number. na wa o
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2012
Chinom: I smell money in this new law. I intend to break this obnoxious law and then sue their azzes for huge compensation. This law needs to be tested against the laws of the FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA of which Lagos state is just a minute member. Lagos remains the smallest state of the federation qua landmass.
The case will be handled at Abuja.

Good....try and break the law to test it as soon as you can.

However ask from people that are more knowledgeable than you in law of where the law will be tested in court...unless you are going to test it up to Supreme court.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by smokeyupu(m): 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] angry angryTHIS GUYS ARE GOING MAD O! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO SEE NEXT? "EKO ONI BAJEE"? THE EKO DON BAJE MORE MORE!

All we hear now is laws and more laws(No commercial vehicles on the Bridges for instance is madness cos the bridges were built to reduce bottle necks a the junctions hence the term flying over) being made on a daily basis to the detriment of the ordinary Lagosian. All they are doing is to make life more difficult for us all.

Its like we are now in a draconian regime where the rulers word is law. How can you say we should all re-register our cars just because its not a lagos plate. Dont we pay for renewal of the licences in Lagos when they expire? Why cant the government take the required info from this process to form the so called DATA BASE? Why are they always harrasing the less previledged in this society? Why are all these policies always directed at the poor?

I voted for this government but I am presently having second thoughts. LASTMA are on the road terrorising motorists while the government gives them more powers to do more harm. They wanted to impose the new number plates on us at a crazy price but now its the "Drivers Card". All these are meant to extort the ordinary Lagosians and we are still collecting the minimum wage.

When a part of Ajegunle or Owode floods they send in the demolition squads but we all know that Ikoyi and Victoria island are always conmpletely flooded during the rainy seasons and yet not a single structure is brought down. A spade should be called a spade!!!

Lets stop all this tricks to extort more money from the lean pockets of most Lagosians. We are part and parcel of this metropolis and we are getting fed-up with the situation.

LONG LONG LAGOS STATE AND LONG LIVE NIGERIA!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by wirinet(m): 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2012
ilugunboy:

You may hate a law...but NEVER run foul of the law or else you will face the music. If you so hate the law that you can't obey the law, then in your own interest you have the option of leaving the state for a more favorable place.

The answer to the bold part is simple; the plate number doesn't come with any gprs, however once you fixed that plate number to a vehicle, the ownership of such vehicle can easily be verified from the central data base of the state registry....If you get the owner...you will locate the vehicle. cool

So what in effect you are saying is that the feeling and the opinions of the people you are making law for does not matter. And they have no choice whatsover in how they are governed. You AC people are making GEJ look like a saint because of the way he suspended the N5000 note soley due to public opinion.

If this is the mindset of AC, i doubt you will win many elections in the future - fairly that is.

If other state start making unconstitutional discriminatory laws and telling you to live with it or get out, i hope you will not shout.

Please re-read my question concerning how a lagos plate numbered car can be tracked while those registered in other states cannot, and answer appropriately.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by aljharem(m): 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
wirinet:

Appriciated. You should know that Nigeria is still a disunited country, with various tribes suspicious and antagonistic of each other. That is why further laws aggravating the situation further needs to be discouraged. That is why issues like sharia law that discriminates agains non indigines is to be condemned.

We are yet to resolve the indigine problem because a Yoruba man born in lagos becomes a lagos indigine, but a hausa or igbo man whose father was born in lagos cannot claim indigene. Even Ifashola is not native to lagos. So most probably the governors parents were not born in lagos

we really need to define who an indigene is. That is why you cannot use the US as an example, there are defined indigene and jnationalization laws.
oh I see your point and it is strong too. One thing you must realise is that Nigeria is a young country. I support your views as well not cuz my father is from ogun but my family name is an original Lagos name. If I as a Yoruba man support your views then you should know that a lot of Yoruba support such views. Now this law is not to discriminate if not I consider myself as being discriminated against too cuz we are in the same shoes.

The reason for my support is due to the increase crime rate in Nigeria. We as lagosians need to be critical and hold our own if the fg is not helping us. The fg has abandon all territories apart from abuja thus we need to protect ourselves regardless of ethnicity.

Was it not last week an unknown police man shot a newly wedded igboman. It was Yorubas including me real life that fought for justice cuz I have the fear of Allah/God. Internet is completely different from real life. We all mix well in Lagos, please lets maintain it
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by aribisala0(m): 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
There is no confusion about who is an indigene in Lagos.If you are not sure of your own status personally you can confirm this by contesting elections.

The law is not discriminatory it just requires you to pay the government in whose jurisdiction you operate just like every other worker. You cannot work/do business in Lagos and pay tax in Oyo. Does Oyo state maintain the roads or build the parks.

When foreign airlines land in Lagos do they not pay let us stop the sentiment. No one is asking those whose cars are private use only to re-register but if you operate from Orile to Okoko you MUST register in Lagos.

We cannot have indigene laws just by legislation. It is a political issue that must be negotiated at a Conference of some description otherwise ethnic minorities may become extinct without safeguards
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2012
wirinet:

Appriciated. You should know that Nigeria is still a disunited country, with various tribes suspicious and antagonistic of each other. That is why further laws aggravating the situation further needs to be discouraged. That is why issues like sharia law that discriminates agains non indigines is to be condemned.

We are yet to resolve the indigine problem because a Yoruba man born in lagos becomes a lagos indigine, but a hausa or igbo man whose father was born in lagos cannot claim indigene. Even Ifashola is not native to lagos. So most probably the governors parents were not born in lagos

we really need to define who an indigene is. That is why you cannot use the US as an example, there are defined indigene and nationalization laws.

For your personal knowledge... Governor Fashola is a thorough bred Lagosian with generational tree way back in time as Lagosian. His parents grand parents were born and raised here.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by pssword: 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2012
I can understand the application of this law for local commercial vehicles operating within the Lagos metropolis, where I imagine a permit is required. But if it is extended to private individuals it is a nonsense and should be challenged in court. It will also create more more avenue for criminals and fraud, imagine a vehicle with multiple plates just because you've spent 3 months in Lagos. If all the states implement this they would be chaos. It would also make kidnapping easier with one car having multiple "legitimate" plates - absolutely crazy ...
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by wirinet(m): 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2012
alj harem: oh I see your point and it is strong too. One thing you must realise is that Nigeria is a young country. I support your views as well not cuz my father is from ogun but my family name is an original Lagos name. If I as a Yoruba man support your views then you should know that a lot of Yoruba support such views. Now this law is not to discriminate if not I consider myself as being discriminated against too cuz we are in the same shoes.

The reason for my support is due to the increase crime rate in Nigeria. We as lagosians need to be critical and hold our own if the fg is not helping us. The fg has abandon all territories apart from abuja thus we need to protect ourselves regardless of ethnicity.

Was it not last week an unknown police man shot a newly wedded igboman. It was Yorubas including me real life that fought for justice cuz I have the fear of Allah/God. Internet is completely different from real life. We all mix well in Lagos, please lets maintain it

compulsory registration of cars with lagos plate number would not help the situation, what would help the problem is accurate data bank especially national data bank, trained and effective police with forensic training - maybe state and local community police included and good examples from leaders who the general population copies from.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by wirinet(m): 1:38pm On Oct 04, 2012
alj harem: oh I see your point and it is strong too. One thing you must realise is that Nigeria is a young country. I support your views as well not cuz my father is from ogun but my family name is an original Lagos name. If I as a Yoruba man support your views then you should know that a lot of Yoruba support such views. Now this law is not to discriminate if not I consider myself as being discriminated against too cuz we are in the same shoes.

compulsory registration of cars with lagos plate number would not help the situation, what would help the problem is accurate data bank especially national data bank, trained and effective police with forensic training - maybe state and local community police included and good examples from leaders who the general population copies from.

If i have to change my plate number every time i change residences, it would further complicate the security problem, as i could be in possession of multiple plate numbers for the same car and use them alternatively in different states.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by aljharem(m): 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2012
wirinet:

correct but this is the first step towards the right direction. Agree ?

You see your fears I know and are totally uncalled for. I guess this nairaland gives the wrong impression of lagosian
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by pingo(m): 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2012
I live and work in Portharcourt but was recently transferred to Lagos. I have to change my plate numba ba? fafafa...........foul..........#
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by aljharem(m): 1:41pm On Oct 04, 2012
pssword: I can understand the application of this law for local commercial vehicles operating within the Lagos metropolis, where I imagine a permit is required. But if it is extended to private individuals it is a nonsense and should be challenged in court. It will also create more more avenue for criminals and fraud, imagine a vehicle with multiple plates just because you've spent 3 months in Lagos. If all the states implement this they would be chaos. It would also make kidnapping easier with one car having multiple "legitimate" plates - absolutely crazy ...
my brother read the topic again. Also try to read the discussion before this
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 04, 2012
wirinet:

So what in effect you are saying is that the feeling and the opinions of the people you are making law for does not matter. And they have no choice whatsover in how they are governed. You AC people are making GEJ look like a saint because of the way he suspended the N5000 note soley due to public opinion.

If this is the mindset of AC, i doubt you will win many elections in the future - fairly that is.

If other state start making unconstitutional discriminatory laws and telling you to live with it or get out, i hope you will not shout.

Please re-read my question concerning how a lagos plate numbered car can be tracked while those registered in other states cannot, and answer appropriately.

So you are saying because you are not comfortable with the law...majority are not at home with it? My Guy your opinion is just one opinion out of millions of that of Lagosians. I am for the good of the majority and not for personal inconveniencing

If the Lagos State House of Assembly that is a Representative of the people passed the bill enabling the law...then fair enough.

Am never going to say because am not favourable disposed to a law..then I will write it off...that will amount to encouraging anarchism.

I know how much my employer deducts from my salary as PAYE...which ordinarily is heavy in my opinion...but then that is the law!

Check my previous post..I've answered you on the issue of number plate tracking. Each number plate is registered either in the name of an individual..govt establishment or corporate body.

I will rather look at the big picture than how it's affect me personally.... that will be the true definition of selfishness.

BTW.....the day I got tired of the way Aba was turning into the den of criminals.....I worked my way out of the town.

The day you as a human being run out of choice in life..the day you are dead. We should always have choices in life.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by aljharem(m): 1:43pm On Oct 04, 2012
pingo: I live and work in Portharcourt but was recently transferred to Lagos. I have to change my plate numba ba? fafafa...........foul..........#
no you don't have to. Do you have a commercial vehicle for passengers as your personal vehicle ?

Lol read the article again

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 04, 2012
pingo: I live and work in Portharcourt but was recently transferred to Lagos. I have to change my plate numba ba? fafafa...........foul..........#

You are not changing your plate number if you don't intend to someday paint your vehicle into the Lagos State commercial transportation colour of yellow with black stripes.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by wirinet(m): 1:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
ilugunboy:

For your personal knowledge... Governor Fashola is a thorough bred Lagosian with generational tree way back in time as Lagosian. His parents grand parents were born and raised here.

please furnish us with a little bit of information on Fashola's roots. There are too many rumours flying around with no source of accurate info. If his parents grand parents were born in lagos, it means the fashola roots go back up to a hundred years in lagos.
Where is their family house?
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2012
wirinet:

please furnish us with a little bit of information on Fashola's roots. There are too many rumours flying around with no source of accurate info. If his parents grand parents were born in lagos, it means the fashola roots go back up to a hundred years in lagos.

The Internet is a resource of Information...do a bit of research....or go to Iduganran in Lagos Island and ask old folks around there
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by aljharem(m): 1:57pm On Oct 04, 2012
wirinet:

my brother you are concerning yourself with irrelevant issues. What has fashola heritage got to do with you ? He is a lagosian and his famkily heritage can be tracked to oba kosoko kor ajose period
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Horus(m): 2:02pm On Oct 04, 2012
The laws in Lagos State are "required" to help keep order for Million of people in the city, so try to follow them. If you get caught in violation of the law, you will have to face the consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Delafruita(m): 2:28pm On Oct 04, 2012
basisop:

Thank Bro. My company once sent me for a 4-month course and I went with my car for easy movement around Lagos. So when next I'll have to register my car in Lagos. How will they know when you entered Lagos? Do we have robust database technology like the developed countries before doing our copy and paste?
This man is a joke!
Do systems become perfect in one day?when the law is made,other necessary aspects will be added and some would be pruned.with such steady steps,in a decade,lagos would have an enviable system.I can remember this was the same trash people were spewing when tinubu brought BRT.a lot of people said "how will lagosians be queueing to boatd a bus" some said "lagosians will never buy ticket".many predicted a quick demise for the BRT but as at today, we can all testify to its success.its not perfect yet,but its improving gradually.most times when I need to get to the island from my office,I leave my car in the office in favour of BRT.ot will cost me just 50naira and am certain I won't get stuck in traffic.same when I want to get to ikorodu.

When lagos created office pf the public defender to try cases pro bono,a lot of people criticised it.but after a few years,we can all see the success of the OPD.it doesn't make sense to criticise a gesture at face value.people need to look into the future and try to envision if the law goes in line with our vision for our country.in more civilised communities,people wouldn't need to drive very long distances because they wanna do their job in another state.they could just fly and make use of the available transportation in the place they are going to.that's where lagos wants to get to.that's why private cab companies have been encouraged with various incentives.now I can call on a red cab from the comfort of my home.overall,lagos is advancing to a stage other parts of the country can only dream of and this law is another step in the right direction.to the best of my knowledge,lagos is the only state with an electronic model for vehicle registration.all the law enforcement people need is to input a vehicle license into the system and the details of the vehicle are retrieved.that's a sensible thing and the aim of that will be defeated if some vehicles are not in the system simply because they were registered elsewhere

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by EkoIle1: 2:34pm On Oct 04, 2012
ogugua88:

I think we need to see the full contents of the law. If they're copying the US, then these drivers need to provide proof of permanent residence or gainful employment. It's a good idea, but I do have questions pertaining its timing as well as its requirements. A lot of drivers, especially okada men, don't have permanent places of residence. If you go according to the California law, if one doesn't have a residence, then gainful employment is required. Is being a driver considered gainful employment?

They don't have to copy the US for anything, what about you living in Lagos state, making money ion Lagos state, but wont contribute to Lagos state? Fair is fair, do your part for the benefit of all. Lagosians pay for the roads and bridges you drive your car on. Don't be a freeloader...
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by EkoIle1: 2:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
Delafruita:
Do systems become perfect in one day?when the law is made,other necessary aspects will be added and some would be pruned.with such steady steps,in a decade,lagos would have an enviable system.I can remember this was the same trash people were spewing when tinubu brought BRT.a lot of people said "how will lagosians be queueing to boatd a bus" some said "lagosians will never buy ticket".many predicted a quick demise for the BRT but as at today, we can all testify to its success.its not perfect yet,but its improving gradually.most times when I need to get to the island from my office,I leave my car in the office in favour of BRT.ot will cost me just 50naira and am certain I won't get stuck in traffic.same when I want to get to ikorodu.

When lagos created office pf the public defender to try cases pro bono,a lot of people criticised it.but after a few years,we can all see the success of the OPD.it doesn't make sense to criticise a gesture at face value.people need to look into the future and try to envision if the law goes in line with our vision for our country.in more civilised communities,people wouldn't need to drive very long distances because they wanna do their job in another state.they could just fly and make use of the available transportation in the place they are going to.that's where lagos wants to get to.that's why private cab companies have been encouraged with various incentives.now I can call on a red cab from the comfort of my home.overall,lagos is advancing to a stage other parts of the country can only dream of and this law is another step in the right direction.to the best of my knowledge,lagos is the only state with an electronic model for vehicle registration.all the law enforcement people need is to input a vehicle license into the system and the details of the vehicle are retrieved.that's a sensible thing and the aim of that will be defeated if some vehicles are not in the system simply because they were registered elsewhere

A big applause for this post...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by 9jagobetta: 2:40pm On Oct 04, 2012
[quote author=kennytidistar][ogugua88]

This is how it's done in my native state of California.

•A nonresident owner may operate a vehicle (other than a commercial
vehicle) in California until he/she accepts gainful employment in
this state or establishes residency in this state, whichever occurs
first
, if the vehicle is registered and displays valid license
plates issued to that owner by the foreign jurisdiction where he/she was
a resident

[size=12pt][b]•A nonresident owner of a v hello bro! Are u a taxi driver in the state? I beg no inslut i have my reasons...
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by manny4life(m): 2:42pm On Oct 04, 2012
maryjames9: I quite agree with u but atimes we need these laws to checkmate our excesses. An average Nigerian is naturally lawless. We need the likes of Sanusi and Fashola to make the fight against corruption,lawlessness and other ills plauging our society effective. Besides these laws already exist on the paper,fashola is merely enforcing them. I'm sure in the next few years,every nigerians both politrickcians and masses wil be proud to call lagos state a home where instead of traveln out of the country for education,tourism,medical treatment,they wil prefer lagos state. I only wish those bombing and killing people in other states are wise enough to know the damages they are doing to their states.

No one is arguing that you don't need laws, however, how you compose those laws is something different. In the state of VA where I live, this is not the way it's done. Heavy handed rules often backfire in the long run and does have negative impact. You talk about SLS, how are the banks fairing from where he took over? They're doing 5x worse off, and unemployment in that sector has reached a record high.

Anyway, if they say they modeled after U.S., well the state I live does not enforce theirs as Lagos. In fact, VA motor vehicle laws are so intertwined with other activities that enforcement isn't needed. For instance, yesterday, I drove about 230+ miles to a different city to obtain different paperwork so he can re-register his car in my city since he moved. I know it's not commercial, DMV did not send police after him or will eventually impound his car, but they used a different method to get him.

VA laws has NEVER SAID, we won't allow NC tags or NY tags or DC tags, heck people who work in DC live in VA and still have DC/MD tags on them. There are people who register their cars in DC but have a VA or MD license. I mean there's complex scenarios out there, you don't see law enforcement hounding your neck trying to impound your vehicles, however, they get you went it comes to property taxes. One of several non-harsh ways they get you.

One of the four management process that takes the bulk of time YET yield good result if executed properly is "PLANNING". LASG does not plan, it looks like they wake up one morning and just decide to make laws. Anyway, they should carry on
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Delafruita(m): 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
mediainspired: It is bigots, tribalists &xenophobics like ilugunboy &alj harem dat make me insist Obj &GEJ hav bn too soft on Tinubu, Fashola &Aregbesola. I cant imagine a state guv dat keep misbehavin me under me witout remindin d person quickly who's d C-in-C. I wish i meet such myopic &low-minded ppl like in ilugunboy &alj harem in dis Lag so we decide who owns Lagos 4real, afta my state built it wit our petrodolars. Who tells bigots like u u hav more rights in Lagos. I can mess u both up &get u locked up in Lag here. Yes, Lagos! Yes, cos am a Nigerian &can decide where i live in my country &decide how it is run. Mind u, i can also contest 4d Lagos guvnorship.. Lagos is not a country; stop being disiilusioned!
Perhaps you don't realise there are people who are actually lagosians.perhaps you also don't realise that your so-called petrodollars can't even pay the salaries of lagos civil servants.lagos has always and still continues to bring up very intelligent innovations that will be beneficial at the long run.when tinubu brought BRT,there were so many people who felt it was a waste of funds.some said lagosians will never queue,others said lagosians will never buy ticket,some said agberos will never let it work but they have all seen the way the BRT has revolutionised transport in lagos.

This law makes sense in so many ways.no law is ever perfect and that's why amendments are usually made to either remove or add clauses.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nostradamu(m): 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2012
Hmmmm...for all i care, I AM MORE LOYAL TO LAGOS STATE THAN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.....what has FG done to the lives of anybody i ask...what? If FG won't get their house in order then left to me though (as much as i want "One Nigeria"wink lagos should just become biafra season two! .... No lets face it all the laws in the constitution is being violated by the fhucking leadership....so what has my broda (fash) done...ki le ti ri? We all go abroad and have fun,take pics,sch there,boast about going there...yet we don't know what sacrifices ppl in the so called developed country have paid (or still paying) for the freaking "freaking" freedom we all enjoy wen we go there.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by EkoIle1: 2:56pm On Oct 04, 2012
wirinet:

t

Is this not exactly what they are trying to do or you missed the part about creating data base and “sanity, standard, safety and security?
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by EkoIle1: 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2012
Nostradamu: Hmmmm...for all i care, I AM MORE LOYAL TO LAGOS STATE THAN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.....what has FG done to the lives of anybody i ask...what? If FG won't get their house in order then left to me though (as much as i want "One Nigeria"wink lagos should just become biafra season two! .... No lets face it all the laws in the constitution is being violated by the fhucking leadership....so what has my broda (fash) done...ki le ti ri? We all go abroad and have fun,take pics,sch there,boast about going there...yet we don't know what sacrifices ppl in the so called developed country have paid (or still paying) for the freaking "freaking" freedom we all enjoy wen we go there.

This is how I feel too. Apart from the fact that I carry their green passport, I'm feel more like a Lagosian than a and my loyalty resides with Lagos state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
manny4life:

No one is arguing that you don't need laws, however, how you compose those laws is something different. In the state of VA where I live, this is not the way it's done. Heavy handed rules often backfire in the long run and does have negative impact. You talk about SLS, how are the banks fairing from where he took over? They're doing 5x worse off, and unemployment in that sector has reached a record high.

Anyway, if they say they modeled after U.S., well the state I live does not enforce theirs as Lagos. In fact, VA motor vehicle laws are so intertwined with other activities that enforcement isn't needed. For instance, yesterday, I drove about 230+ miles to a different city to obtain different paperwork so he can re-register his car in my city since he moved. I know it's not commercial, DMV did not send police after him or will eventually impound his car, but they used a different method to get him.

VA laws has NEVER SAID, we won't allow NC tags or NY tags or DC tags, heck people who work in DC live in VA and still have DC/MD tags on them. There are people who register their cars in DC but have a VA or MD license. I mean there's complex scenarios out there, you don't see law enforcement hounding your neck trying to impound your vehicles, however, they get you went it comes to property taxes. One of several non-harsh ways they get you.

One of the four management process that takes the bulk of time YET yield good result if executed properly is "PLANNING". LASG does not plan, it looks like they wake up one morning and just decide to make laws. Anyway, they should carry on

I'd love to hear from which state Lagos is modeling this law, because it doesn't add up with mine either lol.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 04, 2012
Eko Ile:

They don't have to copy the US for anything, what about you living in Lagos state, making money ion Lagos state, but wont contribute to Lagos state? Fair is fair, do your part for the benefit of all. Lagosians pay for the roads and bridges you drive your car on. Don't be a freeloader...

I absolutely agree, but I don't see how this will make transportation safer, like others have said, nor do I see how this issue is a priority. I'm very curious as to the requirements in this law anyway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nollywood Is So Popular In Kenya - Reno Omokri Shares Vacation Pictures / 2023: Buhari Will Not Support Tinubu’s Candidacy - Sule Lamido / 2019: North Central Leaders Float New Party - Newtelegraphonline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.