Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,793 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates (27056 Views)

Dino Melaye And His Cars' Number Plates / Edo Pays Workers’ November Salaries Ahead Of Other States / Fashola Got Tongue Lashed For Saying*lagos Won't Vote For GEJ* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 04, 2012
etunoman76:

What about the issue of private car owners? Still trying to understand d logic behind the part that concerns them

If you use your private car registered in another state for commercial passenger transportation, you will run foul of the law if caught.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
kettykin:

What you are saying in effect is that when all the commercial buses are now carrying Lagos number , that one chance activities will foreve cease in Lagos ?

Read and try to comprehend very well and don't quote me out of context deliberately.

Appropriate data base of commercial vehicles operating in Lagos will help reduce crimes committed using commercial vehicles as get-away means
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by sammhi(m): 12:08pm On Oct 04, 2012
Fasola, obviously you have shown times and times again that all you care is the amount of revenue accruing to you .,
This law is in bad taste. It is just a revenue drive strategy.... nothing less.
You seem not to care for your fellow nigerians... you quote califonia laws for a nigerian state... this is the height of insult and lack of concern for your felow nigerians.
i heard u even 'deport' people from other states. For those who wish you are preseident..atleast they have a taste of how bad a president you would be.
No matter how bad the debt you have plugg Lagote stae into, these revenue drive shld be with a human face. After Orji of abia state has deported his fellow igbos from other state from his civil service, has he now performed? You are also towing the line of Gov Orji.
please know that one day u will seize ever to be gov of lagos and how will you be remebered. Jakande did far more work than you with far less resources, yet he did not have to go this lenght.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2012
I wondered how many people commenting here even know the difference in appearance of a commercial vehicle license plate number and that of a private registered plate number? grin cheesy
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by mkoabiola: 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2012
Dose enacting and supportind ds law must b insane,mean,brutal and a dictator,he/she must be taking to YABA apa osi/ARO.
We are in a democaratic world,y shud u subject d citizens to unnecessary laws all in d name of sanitization or sensiatazation.mtchewwwwww
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by dotmana1: 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2012
Its only two years left for the rubbish government to go.its now a politics of bitterness,trying to spoil ground for his predecessor.All in the name of revenue generation.The laws are not that bad but who will implement(lastma)State police my foot.Election year is coming,pls let's rise against any dictator govt.action congress is a Goner in Lagos.
All these stupid laws should not be a criminal law.it should be civil.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 04, 2012
mko abiola: Dose enacting and supportind ds law must b insane,mean,brutal and a dictator,he/she must be taking to YABA apa osi/ARO.
We are in a democaratic world,y shud u subject d citizens to unnecessary laws all in d name of sanitization or sensiatazation.mtchewwwwww

Please change your user ID.....the original owner of that name will never want to be associated with a junk of human being that writes the way you just did. shocked shocked grin
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by etunoman76(m): 12:17pm On Oct 04, 2012
ilugunboy:

If you use your private car registered in another state for commercial passenger transportation, you will run foul of the law if caught.

What if I don't use it for commercial purpose and im staying in the state for a long period, say 4 months, for bizness. Does that qualify me as a resident? And if yes, that means I'll have to register with the state govt for a new plate no and documentation
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by aljharem(m): 12:18pm On Oct 04, 2012
mediainspired: It is bigots, tribalists &xenophobics like ilugunboy &alj harem dat make me insist Obj &GEJ hav bn too soft on Tinubu, Fashola &Aregbesola. I cant imagine a state guv dat keep misbehavin me under me witout remindin d person quickly who's d C-in-C. I wish i meet such myopic &low-minded ppl like in ilugunboy &alj harem in dis Lag so we decide who owns Lagos 4real, afta my state built it wit our petrodolars. Who tells bigots like u u hav more rights in Lagos. I can mess u both up &get u locked up in Lag here. Yes, Lagos! Yes, cos am a Nigerian &can decide where i live in my country &decide how it is run. Mind u, i can also contest untry; stop being h disiilusioned!
my brother you are just hyper ventilating. If you read my post well, I never claim to have more right than you. You are a Nigerian lagosian and so am I. Now what I am saying is if you hate the laws in Lagos or any other state, please by all means leave the state. It is not bigotry but peaceful negotiation. This law is to make your children and relatives saver.

Think of it, you son enters a bus not registered. 10pm necks and your son is still not home. What do you do ? Cuz you cannot blame fashola or the police for your stupidity and carelessness

Now picture this, your son enters a registered bus and we can track where he is even if he is not home.

Which do you prefer ? Please by all means if you hate taxes, tolls, security and laws then go to YOUR STATE OF ORIGIN. Bleep YOUR OIL FUVK YOUR ANGER CUZ YOUR OIL IS WORTHLESS TO ME IF I AM KIDNAPPED OR CANNOT LIVE IN PEACE. CHINA DOES NOT HAVE OIL BUT THEY ARE BETTER THAN NIGERIA. SO WHAT USE IS YOUR OIL IN THE WORLD OR LOCAL SCALE ?
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by aljharem(m): 12:19pm On Oct 04, 2012
mediainspired: It is bigots, tribalists &xenophobics like ilugunboy &alj harem dat make me insist Obj &GEJ hav bn too soft on Tinubu, Fashola &Aregbesola. I cant imagine a state guv dat keep misbehavin me under me witout remindin d person quickly who's d C-in-C. I wish i meet such myopic &low-minded ppl like in ilugunboy &alj harem in dis Lag so we decide who owns Lagos 4real, afta my state built it wit our petrodolars. Who tells bigots like u u hav more rights in Lagos. I can mess u both up &get u locked up in Lag here. Yes, Lagos! Yes, cos am a Nigerian &can decide where i live in my country &decide how it is run. Mind u, i can also contest untry; stop being h disiilusioned!
my brother you are just hyper ventilating. If you read my post well, I never claim to have more right than you. You are a Nigerian lagosian and so am I. Now what I am saying is if you hate the laws in Lagos or any other state, please by all means leave the state. It is not bigotry but peaceful negotiation. This law is to make your children and relatives saver.

Think of it, you son enters a bus not registered. 10pm necks and your son is still not home. What do you do ? Cuz you cannot blame fashola or the police for your stupidity and carelessness

Now picture this, your son enters a registered bus and we can track where he is even if he is not home.

Which do you prefer ? Please by all means if you hate taxes, tolls, security and laws then go to YOUR STATE OF ORIGIN. Bleep YOUR OIL FUVK YOUR ANGER CUZ YOUR OIL IS WORTHLESS TO ME IF I AM KIDNAPPED OR CANNOT LIVE IN PEACE. CHINA DOES NOT HAVE OIL BUT THEY ARE BETTER THAN NIGERIA. SO WHAT USE IS YOUR OIL IN THE WORLD OR LOCAL SCALE ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by aljharem(m): 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
etunoman76:

What if I don't use it for commercial purpose and im staying in the state for a long period, say 4 months, for bizness. Does that qualify me as a resident? And if yes, that means I'll have to register with the state govt for a new plate no and documentation
then you don't have to register my brother. Your vehicle is no brt or danfo thus the law is with you whether for business or not

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by etunoman76(m): 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2012
ilugunboy: I wondered how many people commenting here even know the difference in appearance of a commercial vehicle license plate number and that of a private registered plate number? grin cheesy

Oga, I sabi that one na. Commercial - red in colour and that of private is blue. Did I miss out anything? Lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Abrantie: 12:23pm On Oct 04, 2012
In the USA, almost all states have laws that requires you to change your license plate within 30 days after moving into their state. I'm, sure that goes for commercial vehicles too.

Frankly, I believe Fashola is Nigeria's messiah. If any politician can put sanity into your f-ed up society, it's gotta be Fashola. Please don't kill him o before he decides to run for prez.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 04, 2012
etunoman76:

I will suggest you slowly read the article all over again.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by etunoman76(m): 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
alj harem: then you don't have to register my brother. Your vehicle is no brt or danfo thus the law is with you whether for business or not

My guy, the agberos in LASTMA are more like zombies on a one lane track. Will they be able (patient enuff) to differentiate a Lagos resident from someone that's there temporarily?
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by mayzee: 12:27pm On Oct 04, 2012
If PDP is wise they should capitalise on this Idiocity in the next elections angry. We need all this traffic menace revoked, starting from lastma to Fashola Traffic laws
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2012
Well...LASG will always consider the overall good of the majority in formulating and enacting laws.

If we truly desire peace..sanity and above all a safe Lagos State, then paying such a small price of having all vehicles plying the roads in Lagos for commercial purpose in an appropriate database should be a small price to pay. cool cool
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by u3fine(m): 12:29pm On Oct 04, 2012
If this Law was made in a PDP controlled state, ACN ( Lai Lai Mohammed) would has castigated d state. He will even say the state wants to break from the Country.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by aljharem(m): 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2012
etunoman76:

My guy, the agberos in LASTMA are more like zombies on a one lane track. Will they be able (patient enuff) to differentiate a Lagos resident from someone that's there temporary?
my brother in all honesty, I don't like lastma and Co cuz they are illiterates in the real sense but all am doing is trying to sensitize ppl to know their rights from their wrongs. So my brother so long as your bus is not carrying passengers then you are fine.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 04, 2012
etunoman76:

My guy, the agberos in LASTMA are more like zombies on a one lane track. Will they be able (patient enuff) to differentiate a Lagos resident from someone that's there temporary?
My guy as long as you don't stop and pick or drop passengers on the roads or bus stop...you have absolutely nothing to worry about...Lagos is home to all law-abiding Nigerians and Non-Nigerians....we need you all to turn the city into a truly mega-city that we dream of....but you need to obey the laws.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by etunoman76(m): 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2012
ilugunboy:
My guy as long as you don't stop and pick or drop passengers on the roads or bus stop...you have absolutely nothing to worry about...Lagos is home to all law-abiding Nigerians and Non-Nigerians....we need you all to turn the city into a truly mega-city that we dream of....but you need to obey the laws.

Thanks man, for taking ur time to explain the contentious issues

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by etunoman76(m): 12:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
alj harem: my brother in all honesty, I don't like lastma and Co cuz they are illiterates in the real sense but all am doing is trying to sensitize ppl to know their rights from their wrongs. So my brother so long as your bus is not carrying passengers then you are fine.

My broda, thank u for the expo se

1 Like

Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by wirinet(m): 12:40pm On Oct 04, 2012
alj harem: my brother you are just hyper ventilating. If you read my post well, I never claim to have more right than you. You are a Nigerian lagosian and so am I. Now what I am saying is if you hate the laws in Lagos or any other state, please by all means leave the state. It is not bigotry but peaceful negotiation. This law is to make your children and relatives saver.

If as a Nigerian Lagosian that is in love with this law, what of the other Nigerian Lagosians that hate the law? They should migrate to other state too? Please explain how registration of a bus with a lagos plate number make the bus safer than if the bus was registered in another state. Does the lagos plate number come with a gps tracker?
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by BaBaMike: 12:46pm On Oct 04, 2012
No,nonsense Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN)

Òrí é wàn bé jọ̀ .... Èko oni bajé ooooh
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by aljharem(m): 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2012
wirinet:

If as a Nigerian Lagosian that is in love with this law, what of the other Nigerian Lagosians that hate the law? They should migrate to other state too? Please explain how registration of a bus with a lagos plate number make the bus safer than if the bus was registered in another state. Does the lagos plate number come with a gps tracker?
now you are talking. You see before you condemn a law passed by those in authority you need to give reasons. I said what I said out of anger. Those that don't like the law should give genuine reasons. We all are in the same shoes but I sea the positive side to it.

Thanks my brother.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 04, 2012
etunoman76:

Thanks man, for taking ur time to explain the contentious issues

You are welcome bruv.

Yesterday on my way to work I was waved down by the officers of the Fed Road safety corps on the link bridge of 3rd Mainland and exiting into Carter Bridge...I politely attended to them with all documentations required and after checking the car fire extinguisher..C-Caution sign and my vehicle rear light for functionality, they thanked me and waved me to go on...the issue is once you have not commit any crime, you can confidently face any law enforcer.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by aljharem(m): 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2012
Wirinet sorry I did not answer your question. might or might not have the gps. The good side I see are

1. You know to always enter Lagos state registered bus rather than oyo or enugu. Just to be safe

2. Your bus can be tracked in terms of whether it is a Lagos state bus or one chance

3. This gives the opportunity to actually installs tracking devices and control crime rate eg Lagos state taxis

These are the things I saw. At the end of the day you and I want to be safe regardless of the what Nigeria says.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by sluch333: 1:00pm On Oct 04, 2012
[b][/b]This Lagos laws are just too much, wetin sef. this fashola go kill people with him laws becus he be lawyer. God go punish am and him Govt. Rubbish charge nd bail lawyer. OLe nnla. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 04, 2012
wirinet:

You may hate a law...but NEVER run foul of the law or else you will face the music. If you so hate the law that you can't obey the law, then in your own interest you have the option of leaving the state for a more favorable place.

The answer to the bold part is simple; the plate number doesn't come with any gprs, however once you fixed that plate number to a vehicle, the ownership of such vehicle can easily be verified from the central data base of the state registry....If you get the owner...you will locate the vehicle. cool
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
sluch333: [b][/b]This Lagos laws are just too much, wetin sef. this fashola go kill people with him laws becus he be lawyer. God go punish am and him Govt. Rubbish charge nd bail lawyer. OLe nnla. shocked shocked shocked

Well....you are not God.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by wirinet(m): 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
alj harem: now you are talking. You see before you condemn a law passed by those in authority you need to give reasons. I said what I said out of anger. Those that don't like the law should give genuine reasons. We all are in the same shoes but I sea the positive side to it.

Thanks my brother.

Appriciated. You should know that Nigeria is still a disunited country, with various tribes suspicious and antagonistic of each other. That is why further laws aggravating the situation further needs to be discouraged. That is why issues like sharia law that discriminates agains non indigines is to be condemned.

We are yet to resolve the indigine problem because a Yoruba man born in lagos becomes a lagos indigine, but a hausa or igbo man whose father was born in lagos cannot claim indigene. Even Ifashola is not native to lagos. So most probably the governors parents were not born in lagos

we really need to define who an indigene is. That is why you cannot use the US as an example, there are defined indigene and nationalization laws.
Re: Lagos Won't Allow Other States Number Plates by aribisala0(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2012
The issue is not just about safety, if you operate a commercial vehicle anywhere as your primary place of work you should pay tax there.That is quite a simple proposition to grasp. You use the roads there and your taxes will go to road,garage etc building/maintenance among other things. So Lagosians would wonder why you wish to operate a bus between Oshodi and Mile 2 and Register the bus in Calabar.

This rule does not apply to private vehicles .Of Course if you are an Interstate operator that is a different thing and the law does not apply too. Naturally Interstate buses will not use local bus stops and will cause less wear and tear to our roads and so naturally will pay less. Lagos State has put in place a registration process that mean there is the capacity to track vehicle involved in crime without "arresting" the vehicle and this is necessary for commercial vehicles operating everyday in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

OPC, Ex-militants In Military Uniforms To Attack Opposition – APC / The Roads Leading To Shoprite Entrance, Warri Are In Bad State / Bashir Mohammed, Policeman Who Voted At Kano APC Congress Probed By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.