Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? (30337 Views)

Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond / Re-run Elections: Nigerians In 5 States Vote (LIVE UPDATES) / Nigerian Academia In Diaspora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by IykeD1(m): 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2012
These fools don come again. Please read the following and let me know who hates who and
who is helping who:

Nigerians abroad remitted N1.7tr in 2011
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/12/nigerians-abroad-remitted-n1-7tr-in-2011/

So essentially, Nigerians abroad are so bitter that they remitted about 35% of Nigeria's
2012 entire budget. Who do you think those remittances are helping? Do you think you and
your buddies will be making those millions if the N1.7 trillion is not being sent to help
out other Nigerians? Do you think you will be any safer to enjoy your millions?

I have said it many times in the past and will say it again. Nigeria is a shit-hole of a
country and that is not because I am bitter, rather its because of what I see. And yes, I
have visited Nigeria almost every year since 2006. I don't have millions (USD), but I like
my life just the same.

If you ask me, for the amount of money that is remitted to Nigeria,those in the diaspora
have every reason to speak out against what it is they don't like about Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 05, 2012
Gbawe:

I actually did not read that post from OP you quoted. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I.e :

No problem.

@OP needs to develop the habit of arguing with facts, lest he be regarded as someone who is a few beers short of a six-pack.

thelastPope:
From your comment, I don't think you live in Nigeria. First, BB is not expensive. It is very cheap like pure water and the only reason some people don't have it is illiteracy. They can't really do the typing thing. And subscribing for bb is also cheap at 1400 or 1500 per month. Most people use that on calls per week.

thelastPope:
The statistics is a hoax. Stop trying to defend it. First there are no 10million Almjiris. Thats another hoax. To say we have almajiris as much as the population of about 3 states in just silly.
Again there are no millions of unemployed youths like many say
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by tpia5: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2012
ok, now it's $1.7 trillion.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Wallie(m): 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2012
Some people comment negatively about Nigeria not because they’re “bitter” as you say but because they’re disappointed.

Nigeria is akin to having a talented child that does not live up to his potential. When you look at the child, you’re not mad at him for not making it but for wasting his God-given talent that other countries would die for.

Nigeria holds such a great promise but for one reason or another, we cannot just seem to get our stuff together.

And if we are indeed truly bitter, that’s because we cannot find an authentic buka to buy real food from! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by thelastPope(m): 5:47pm On Oct 05, 2012
Instead of responding to some of the posts above, I will simply ask. What have you contributed to Nigeria. And I am not talking about sending money home. The first misconception is that all of us at home live by what we receive from people abroad. But in truth, many of us spend our own money and even take care of folks when we go to Europe. We do this from good legit cash we make here. Clean cool cash. Anytime we visit UK, we take care of folks who are too proud to come back home. Many of us back home take good care of our siblings and parents from our earnings and we are doing fine.

So what am interested in is what skillsets and ideas you bring to the table. If you have lived in Europe or the US for over 15 years, there should be some form of skillset or ideas you can bring down and contribute so others can benefit. But I see little of that.

There is little or no transfer of knowledge. One thing the Asians have done is go abroad and come back to share their knowledge. I don't see our diasporan brothers doing that. Like I said before and will repeat, not all Nigerians in diaspora are bad, but very many fall in this category. Those saying where I have my statistics from are very funny. Just going around NL alone will confirm what am talking about. Look at Seun. A true homegrown and he is doing fantastic. Isn't it funny that NL wasn't started by a diasporan? I would have thought those with better Internet facilities and power and perfect working system would have been the ones to setup a thing like NL or Linda ikeji's blog or some other nice stuff out there. Interestingly, one of the main sites setup by a diasporan, saharareporters, is a conglomerate of bitterness, deception, connivance and journalistic backwardness.

Please attack the message, not the messenger! No be me cause am!

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by muymay: 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2012
I am not a regular nairaland contributor but I follow nairaland a lot. I dare say that some of the comments about Nigerian issues are sometimes too damning and evil that I shudder sometimes. At times I'm scared to look at comments on a topic. It's usually so discouraging and presents a message of hopelessness. It's good to criticise but let's do it constructively..God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Kslib(m): 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2012
drzed:

I couldnt have said it better.
The OP, (like some others) are just looking for ways to vent their frustration and Nigerians abroad have become their target. I dont know how in this day and age, with google and wikipedia, some ignoramus will wake up and say not up to 10% of Nigerians in the UK or wherever send money back home.

Just because your elder brother or uncle in Italy or Spain refused to sponsor you during your school days does not give you the right or reason to come to Nairaland and spew rubbish against people in diaspora. It is YOU who is bitter and helpless. How much have you remitted to Nigerians abroad since you became an adult (it at all you are)? Speak about your hopeless, clueless and useless local and national leaders; your corrupt police and sadistic lecturers. Talk about the wanton materialism and the overwhelming avarice in Nigeria. Worry about your cybercafe criminals, armed robbers, cultist and ritualistic - and stop pointing a finger at people abroad.

The op might be wrong to some extent but from your statement it seems you are no longer Nigerian.. Why do you keep using the word "your" "your".. Are Nigerians abroad now special/different from the ones at home..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by occam(m): 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2012
tpia@:

Naira. equivalent $11b
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by drzed: 5:51pm On Oct 05, 2012
tpia@:
Look carefully: it is N1.7 trillion NOT $1.7 trillion.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by coogar: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2012
tpia@:
so, is it the N100 being sent to their girlfriends by some posters on this thread, to make a part payment on brazilian hair and blackberry phone, that adds up to $9 million or $9 billion?

yeah!
those 10p i send every 3 months count for something! if the country is good, why would many nigerians(grown ones) resort to begging every now and then? why is crime rate on the rise? of course, the remittance help the economy - the leaders continue to loot without remorse! common sense suggests without the remittance, nigeria would have been poorer than ethiopia! the op would be on a refuse dump licking rusty "Titus" cans to satisfy his hunger!

thelastPope: Instead of responding to some of the posts above, I will simply ask. What have you contributed to Nigeria. And I am not talking about sending money home. The first misconception is that all of us at home live by what we receive from people abroad. But in truth, many of us spend our own money and even take care of folks when we go to Europe. We do this from good legit cash we make here. Clean cool cash. Anytime we visit UK, we take care of folks who are too proud to come back home. Many of us back home take good care of our siblings and parents from our earnings and we are doing fine.

what have i contributed to nigeria? should that even come first?
your question should be what has the country done for the nigerians in diaspora? anytime you visit the uk and you beg friends and relatives for accommodation? lolololol! of course, you take care of the folks who are too arrogant to come back home!

So what am interested in is what skillsets and ideas you bring to the table. If you have lived in Europe or the US for over 15 years, there should be some form of skillset or ideas you can bring down and contribute so others can benefit. But I see little of that.

is there even an enabling environment where nigerians abroad can showcase their skill sets? all of a sudden, they have now become targets to crime lords and kidnappers!! why should i go to a city where the police cannot even guarantee my safety? why should i care about a country where my uncle must know someone before i can get a job?

There is little or no transfer of knowledge. One thing the Asians have done is go abroad and come back to share their knowledge. I don't see our diasporan brothers doing that. Like I said before and will repeat, not all Nigerians in diaspora are bad, but very many fall in this category. Those saying where I have my statistics from are very funny. Just going around NL alone will confirm what am talking about. Look at Seun. A true homegrown and he is doing fantastic. Isn't it funny that NL wasn't started by a diasporan? I would have thought those with better Internet facilities and power and perfect working system would have been the ones to setup a thing like NL or Linda ikeji's blog or some other nice stuff out there. Interestingly, one of the main sites setup by a diasporan, saharareporters, is a conglomerate of bitterness, deception, connivance and journalistic backwardness.

asians can go back home safely because they are not targets of crime bosses in their country. back in the 80s when the country was decent, nigerians studied abroad and went back home to contribute to the system! any nigerian could go back then and not arouse armed robbers or kidnappers! the story has changed lately - y'all have upped the ante to the extent of kidnapping mikel obi's dad.....chris obodo(a national hero) was also kidnapped and you expect me to come back home and die?

may amadioha impregnate you with a dozen ewoks!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by InvertedHammer: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2012
[b]Nigerians in diaspora are bitter because they can look around and see what Nigeria could be if her resources are judiciously utilized.
As stated, "exposure bestows more wisdom than grey hair". Nigerians at home really have nothing to compare Nigeria with, as such can only
compare out of imagination.

Patriotism goes beyond one's country of origin. If your country treats you as an outcast, what moral obligation do owe her?
In this day and age, Nigeria cannot boast of any single access road, clean water(even though surrounded by ocean), 24/7 electricity, etc.

After several visits to Nigeria, I came to some realization that the place henceforth will be only a vacation spot for me...2 weeks in a year and I am
out. Yes! They could have all the mansions. But what good are the mansions when one sleeps in them with one eye open?

Yes! I am frustrated with Nigeria and I am not looking forward to claiming to be a Nigerian soon. That country has taken so much away from me and the rest of us. Period! Q.E.D.
[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by SweetMouth(m): 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2012
@TheLastPope God bless u... It's only a man that is out of his mind would look at a country as ours' and insult her.
It's truth Nigeria and Nigerians has their own challenges, but that doesn't deny the fact that we are a great people with a great heart.

As for me, of all places I've been to, Nigeria remains the best!!! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by tpia5: 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2012
occam:

Naira. equivalent $11b

drzed:
Look carefully: it is N1.7 trillion NOT $1.7 trillion.

ok.

thanks for the correction.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 05, 2012
thelastPope: I am really getting irritated by many Nigerians in diaspora. They seem bent on seeing Nigeria and Nigerians go down. They come here and all over other Internet sites spewing garbage about Nigeria. They will put down anything positive about Nigeria. It seems they are suffering from gross bitterness.

There is no denying the fact that Nigeria has many issues but we cannot solve it by hating ourselves with so much raw hate and talking nonsense all the time. There is a time to critisize. For example, I like to criticize our excesses on materialism as a people which leads us to many unwanted stuff like corruption and crime. But insulting the nation and saying we will never make it and making us look so pathetic to the rest of the world is just too bad! We have our dignity and pride and we will never sacrifice that on any alter of self defeat and hopelessness.

If these bitter diaspora folks can't see anything good about Nigeria and Nigerians, I wonder why they even bother to post on Nigerian forums. They should carry their crap somewhere else. They forget that they are part of those who have failed Nigeria because they have not made any meaningful contribution to Nigerian growth.

Some of us travel out of the country and know how many of these folks live in Europe and even the US. In spain, Italy and Greece, many of them beg on the streets. In the UK, I don't even want to start. They haul themselves, sometimes as much as 15 in a 2 room apartment! Yet they talk nonsense here on NL because they can afford cheap Tmobile internet connection.

We have no other country but Nigeria. We must stand up and build it. Yes, it is a long road but it is a journey worth taking! Our families and friends live here. The question we must ask ourselves today is how can we make it better?

Apologies/acknowledgement to the many Nigerians in diaspora who do not fall into this category. Your patriotic contribution is a blessing to some of us!

You sound like someone who was deported from the UK. I only subscribe to this site because my parents are Nigerians and it would be nice to know and interact with the folks of my origin.

While it is obvious that the country is still languishing in corruption,manipulation and oppression from the white British. The killing of the native tradition and importation of dodgy religion is still dragging the people back in time. Anyone who gives you a pat on the back doesn't like you. It better you take the harsh words and change for the better.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by IykeD1(m): 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2012

Instead of responding to some of the posts above, I will simply ask. What have you contributed to Nigeria. And I am not talking about sending money home. The first misconception is that all of us at home live by what we receive from people abroad. But in truth, many of us spend our own money and even take care of folks when we go to Europe. We do this from good legit cash we make here. Clean cool cash. Anytime we visit UK, we take care of folks who are too proud to come back home. Many of us back home take good care of our siblings and parents from our earnings and we are doing fine.

[b]There is little or no transfer of knowledge. One thing the Asians have done is go abroad and come back to share their knowledge. I don't see our diasporan brothers doing that. [/b]Like I said before and will repeat, not all Nigerians in diaspora are bad, but very many fall in this category. Those saying where I have my statistics from are very funny. Just going around NL alone will confirm what am talking about. Look at Seun. A true homegrown and he is doing fantastic. Isn't it funny that NL wasn't started by a diasporan? I would have thought those with better Internet facilities and power and perfect working system would have been the ones to setup a thing like NL or Linda ikeji's blog or some other nice stuff out there. Interestingly, one of the main sites setup by a diasporan, saharareporters, is a conglomerate of bitterness, deception, connivance and journalistic backwardness.

Don't mean to attack the messenger, but I will like to know what it is you have contributed to Nigeria, or is
it just living there (assuming thats where you reside)? Have you bothered to think that maybe the reason Asians
are returning and sharing knowledge could be due to encouraging governmental policies that helps foster a sense
of better security for all?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 05, 2012
SweetMouth: @TheLastPope God bless u... It's only a man that is out of his mind would look at a country as ours' and insult her.
It's truth Nigeria and Nigerians has their own challenges, but that doesn't deny the fact that we are a great people with a great heart.

As for me, of all places I've been to, Nigeria remains the best!!! smiley smiley smiley

Stop lying to yourself!say the truth,Nigeria is in darkness

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by bokohalal(m): 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
tpia@:
so, is it the N100 being sent to their girlfriends by some posters on this thread, to make a part payment on brazilian hair and blackberry phone, that adds up to $9 million or $9 billion?
It is the money that build houses with gates and turrets and sentry posts and generators and boreholes and exotic cars. Some even pay their maigadis from here.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Skywalker5(m): 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
Same old argument again.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Mekky2010: 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
Most Nigerians abroad are genuinely concerned that Nigeria is 3000 years behind most countries and for unknown reasons we seem to be ok with that...

B4 u desend on me ...I live in Nigeria even though I spent some years studying abroad...
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by drzed: 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2012
Kslib:
The op might be wrong to some extent but from your statement it seems you are no longer Nigerian.. Why do you keep using the word "your" "your".. Are Nigerians abroad now special/different from the ones at home..

It is not like that and it is not like I am suddenly un-Nigerian. Apologies.

The bottom line is people back home are more directly linked to the quality of leadership than those abroad. But again, because of the extent to which some aspects of our followership helps to compromise good leadership in Nigeria, you will excuse me if I somehow dissociate myself from the muppets who rule Nigeria today. Why do you think many of us refuse to come back?

Regardless of what I may have implied, I, like many diasporans love Nigeria. Probably more than some finger-pointing haters. How much him (OP) dey remit come give us for abroad? Yet he has the guts to accuse us of not caring...and that less than 10% of us send money back home. Even going as far as saying MOST of us are bad...!

...And also accusing us that it is we diasporans who are responsible for the rubbish commentary here on Nairaland.

This is why a lot of us accuse him of being a bitter person. Since we diasporans are the cause of Nigeria's failure in almost every ramification of life and since charity begins at home....oya, home-based Nigerians, over to you. Fix the country make we see nah?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by dangerzone: 5:59pm On Oct 05, 2012
thelastPope:

Bitterness to the 10th power!!!

@OP,have you applied for a visa and got denied?
Do you have a neighbour that came from abroad with 10jeeps?
Do you have any relatives abroad at all?if yes u wont be here anyway.

If any of thse happened to you then i can actually understand your bitterness.I am not here to defend nigerians abroad or nigerians in nigeria as i am also a nigerian,i try and try to understand what exactly you are trying to say about nigerians abroad and found every point baseless and pointless because you dont have any evidence to prove your motion,it doesnt say anywhere in your arguement that you know a nigerian in diaspora personally so coming here to say all these things actually bring out the frustration in you towards your fellow nigerians,it shouldnt be a problem how people want to live their life,either in nigeria or abroad as the whole world is our planet,human planet.10 BILLIONS USD annually from nigerians abroad to their beloved ones back home isnt a childs play and yet you say they dont contribute anything towards nigeria in conclusion,what i can see here is that you are the bitter and frustrated one,i can see that instead of you to sit and so something better with your spare time u are here on NL attacking people that are actually trying in every possible way to make their family better,their country including you,

Sponsor your brother abroad so they can send you money sometimes then you will know how caring and loving nigerians abroad can be,i actually have someone that can organise togo visa for you so u know how a country is being runed in proper way ok.

I will advice you to go get a life rather than getting frustrated at people you dont even know,cause that might actually make you go completly insane.
I rest mycase

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 05, 2012
This madness again?? Don't you guys get tired of this silly back and forth?? Yeah, Nigerians in diaspora are bitter, Nigerians at home are angry, dead Nigerians are lamenting(saying had I known), and unborn Nigerians are crying - it's the same crap, over and over again...

Rather than come together to find a lasting solution to the unique problems with Nigeria, look for ways to forge ahead, and make OUR country the envy of others - we're stuck in fighting for irrelevant supremacy... Nigeria is just a geographic location, Nigerians make Nigeria... And 'diaspora' was built by people from those places, not us... However, there are successful/suffering Nigerians - both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria, we need drop this and look at the bigger picture...

Yeah, the crime rate in Nigeria is high, and the life span of people in Nigeria is below 50... However, there are millions of aged people above the age of 70 in the same Nigeria... The life span of people in UK for example is above 70, but many Nigerians out here don't live beyond 60(I know this for a fact)... In the last 4 years alone, I know more than 10 Nigerian men/women(below 60) who died from just curable illnesses/diseases despite the so-called 'world class' NHS... I don't even want to talk about all the Nigerians youths getting killed on the streets on London... I've lost more than 10 friends/relatives in the last 10 years alone - not to talk about the ones doing life sentences/long sentences in prisons around the UK...

We need to stop the redundant comparisons, it's getting boring now... What have you done for Nigeria?? How are you planning to make Nigeria better?? These are the questions we need to start asking - and stop wasting our time on the other irrelevant crap - it's annoying... undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
Mekky2010: Most Nigerians abroad are genuinely concerned that Nigeria is 3000 years behind most countries and for unknown reasons we seem to be ok with that...

B4 u desend on me ...I live in Nigeria even though I spent some years studying abroad...
and i speak for all nigerians when i say we are genuinely concerned that your english is 3000 years behind most peoples english
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by tpia5: 6:01pm On Oct 05, 2012
bokohalal:
It is the money that build houses with gates and turrets and sentry posts and generators and boreholes and exotic cars. Some even pay their maigadis from here.

if you say so.

personally, i believe the bulk of the $9 billion or N1.7 trillion, isnt generated by the average nigerian overseas.

i could be wrong however.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by OilSubsidy: 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2012
I am soooo bitter and anry at the hell-hole called Nigeria. And yes i am a diasporan and a very proud Nigerian for that matter. I love my country but i detest it's rulers. I'd rather be living in my country not as someone raking in 'millions' as some people put it but as a nigerian living in a nigeria where things are working.

But all I see is a jagajaga nigeria. A lawless nigeria, a corrupt nigeria.

I am bitter and envious of the country i live when i remember that this country don't even have any natural resources yet they are so organised. Do i have a right to be bitter and angry at Nigeria? Of course, YES!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by alajor(m): 6:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
@op, I must let u know dat nigerians that live abroad r not bitter but angry at d way things r in nigeria. I live here in south africa and I am gainfully employed by d department of justice here in south africa as a foreign interpreter for nigerian languages and I run other businesses with my own employees. I must tell u that we only show our anger on 9ja forums, nobody brags about nigeria d way we do over here. South africans r always surprised when they c some slums in our 9ja movies,they say that d way we talk about 9ja one would think dat this kind of slums can not be found in 9ja. U guys at home give us news about home,when there was an improvement on power supplies I told every nigerian that I know and u could see how happy they really were about dat singular good news from home. Nigerians that r here r always happy to hear of positives from home but we get very angry at the way things r done at home. Sometimes when I'm driving I would ask myserlf why can't my country b like this,where everything works,power,water,good roads,and other basic amenities. Since I've been here I've never seen a soak-away,I still don't know where my shyt goes to after flushing. Nigerians at home.pls we r not bitter but angry at our rulers

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by nagoma(m): 6:04pm On Oct 05, 2012
Dede1:

I had Europeans-Americans under my supervision, olodo.

I also had. And I still have righ here in Nigeria where I am not second class.

Just because white cleaners worked under you cannot be considered an achievement.

what is important is the pride of perseverance in building a nation. Ask the Americans , it was never easy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by alajor(m): 6:07pm On Oct 05, 2012
Might I add,I also have businesses at home and I pay my employees well.
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by SweetMouth(m): 6:08pm On Oct 05, 2012
coogar:

yeah!
those 10p i send every 3 months count for something! if the country is good, why would many nigerians(grown ones) resort to begging every now and then? why is crime rate on the rise? of course, the remittance help the economy - the leaders continue to loot without remorse! common sense suggests without the remittance, nigeria would have been poorer than ethiopia! the op would be on a refuse dump licking rusty "Titus" cans to satisfy his hunger!

what have i contributed to nigeria? should that even come first?
your question should be what has the country done for the nigerians in diaspora? anytime you visit the uk and you beg friends and relatives for

accommodation? lolololol! of course, you take care of the folks who are too arrogant to come back home!

is there even an enabling environment where nigerians abroad can showcase their skill sets? all of a sudden, they have now become targets to crime lords and kidnappers!! why should i go to a city where the police cannot even guarantee my safety? why should i care about a country where my uncle must know someone before i can get a job?

asians can go back home safely because they are not targets of crime bosses in their country. back in the 80s when the country was decent, nigerians study abroad and go back home to contribute to the system! any nigerian could go back then and not arouse armed robbers or kidnappers! the story has changed lately - y'all have upped the ante to the extent of kidnapping mikel obi's dad.....chris obodo(a national hero) was also kidnapped and you expect me to come back home and die?

may amadioha impregnate you with a dozen ewoks!

If that's your excuse, doesn't more than all the things u mention happen in those places where u reside? ...Then u turnaround and call it "an organize society." It's only a matter of time, if u don't hurry back home and begin early to reap the benefits in the country, u may live a life of regret wish u heeded to my advice early enough angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by thelastPope(m): 6:12pm On Oct 05, 2012
occam:

Naira. equivalent $11b

One thing that makes me laugh always is the way some statistics are thrown around by funny organisations without any true research. The first time I saw this, I almost fell from my chair with laughter! Absolutely bullocks!!!

How can you claim that every money that came to Nigeria through western union or equivalents are dash money from Nigerians from diaspora and say its your contribution to Nigeria? Sincerely speaking, how much of that money did you really contribute. Be sincere to yourself.

Let me lay it bare for you. The monies from that report includes:

1. Monies for payments for services rendered by Nigerians
2. Debt being payed back by many diasporan Nigerians
3. Yahoo and 419 payments. A very big chunk.
4. Monies being brought back in by money laundering peeps
5. Contributions from Nigerians in diaspora to family and friends
6. Payment for Exported goods and services. A good chunk of money

It is foolery and deception to come here and post such as money Nigerian's in diaspora are contributing to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by dare2think: 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
So op, the money being sent to Nigeria for whatever reason is more beneficial to which country?

Somalia?

You have prejudice towards your fellow nigerians in diaspora for whatever reason and you have no moral authority to label anyone bitter!

You reek of bitterness!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter? by bokohalal(m): 6:20pm On Oct 05, 2012
thelastPope:

One thing that makes me laugh always is the way some statistics are thrown around by funny organisations without any true research. The first time I saw this, I almost fell from my chair with laughter! Absolutely bullocks!!!

How can you claim that every money that came to Nigeria through western union or equivalents are dash money from Nigerians from diaspora and say its your contribution to Nigeria? Sincerely speaking, how much of that money did you really contribute. Be sincere to yourself.

Let me lay it bare for you. The monies from that report includes:

1. Monies for payments for services rendered by Nigerians
2. Debt being payed back by many diasporan Nigerians
3. Yahoo and 419 payments. A very big chunk.
4. Monies being brought back in by money laundering peeps
5. Contributions from Nigerians in diaspora to family and friends
6. Payment for Exported goods and services. A good chunk of money

It is foolery and deception to come here and post such as money Nigerian's in diaspora are contributing to Nigeria.

How does money work?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Fayose' Properties In Abuja & Victoria Island Discovered By EFCC - Sahara Report / Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects / SEDI MD, Prof. Simon Ndubuisi Murdered In Enugu By Unknown Gunmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.