Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons (23885 Views)

My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. / My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by charlsecy4(m): 1:10pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Men in NL sometimes act as boys. What is the sense in kneeling down and serving him? Humility is not by outward display. Ps act as real men.

By your comment alone, one can make a good conclusion as to the kind of person you are! You're definitely not humble, based on that comment.

My advice is this:

Pay attention to simple instructions from your husband. Have a heart-to-heart discussion and find out what really is the problem. Maybe, some thing else bigger is the issue, and his current response is a mere reaction. Beg him, if need be. And finally, get to the market, get materials and prepare him catfish pepper soup.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by arramyjay: 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
Obassy: U are not a good advicer

Becos I find it ridiculous tht a man is threatening his wife wit divorce over pepper soup?
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by fortyfeet(m): 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
Okija_juju:

You want mature responses so I will give you some.... Your husband gave you specific instructions, you disobeyed them because you wanted something different.. That simply says you are not submissive. You are telling us about this elusive soup incident, but I can bet my bottom dollar that there are several per cases like this were you have blatantly disobeyed him. If I were your husband, I would divorce you as well... Two captains can't be on one ship.
I see it as disobedient and is punishable.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by fortyfeet(m): 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
Okija_juju:

imagine the nonsense
Imagine the madness (ara)
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by arramyjay: 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
Yahoo1: ....we obviously know who needs growing up,with your level of IQ,Ummmm,wich is minus zero!
Ode ni e,and all tru I hvnt seen any reasonable post u made. Ode grow up.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by helphelp: 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Hello Nlanders. I have been hearing a lot about this site for a long time. I often visit this site but I've never been a member.
I have a problem with my marriage and I hope there are matured people who can help.
My husband of 5 years want to divorce me for trivial reason. It even sounds funny talking about it.

Last week he asked me to buy fresh catfish and goat meat. He said he wanted to eat catfish pepper soup, while I prepare egusi soup with the goat meat. I wanted something different so I prepared goat meat pepper soup and used the cat fish for egusi soup.
His inlaws came and they enjoyed it. But my husband was frowning. He said I'm too stuborn and he refused to talk to me. He has refused to sleep with me. I can't go a week without his sensual touch. To crown it all, he's threatening for a divorce. What do I do?

Pls your advice is needed. Thank. (I'm still pretty and marketable but he doesn't appreciate that).

I'd advice you probe that your husband well...! He fit don dey knack another apako..My candid view
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by ayo111uk(m): 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
Hello young lady, you were wrong accept it and anyone that support you probably want your marriage to break or better still snatch your husband (if they know you).
1. Disobedient - the man specifically asked you to do something, you did otherwise.
2. Marketable - am sure you've told him this, which makes you irresponsible and unpredictable. If some guys have been toasting you with heaven and earth they will only used and dump you.
If l may ask that is if you respond - do you have kids with your husband?
Would you prefer your husband to start eating from outside? Take care of your home
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by dayokanu(m): 1:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
Op I understand you perfectly.

Abeg divorce that your yeye husband

Since your are still marketable, Me I go like marry you.

Can I see your picture?
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Obassy(f): 1:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
arramyjay:

Becos I find it ridiculous tht a man is threatening his wife wit divorce over pepper soup?
Let it go

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by fortyfeet(m): 1:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
abifoluwa: undecided undecided undecided

on a rating of 1 - 10 how would yall rate this reply? i will give it -2
You must be very merciful. As for me, you can guess_____.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by arramyjay: 1:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
agabaI23:
He is not divorcing her over pepper soup, he threatened to divorce her over her protracted stubbornness, disrespect and disregard of his authority part of which was manifested in the pps issue

Why do we make issues out of nothing! And all dis he didn't knw 5yrs ago ryt? See I still stand on except she was giving to him as a gift threatening her wit divorce is just ridiculous.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by obyrich(m): 1:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
[quote author=slimyem]judgement?
Really?
What do you interprete "i'd suppose" as?
What you said in your post is not enough to believe your husband wants divorce just cuz you cooked catfish in place of goatmeat and vice-versa.
There must be underlying issues which you have failed to mention and which i assumed.
Are you here for support or solution to the issue at hand?
Sounds to me like the divorce thing is appealing to you sef.... SHE IS MARKETABLE! A woman facing a serious issue as threat of divorce tells us she's marketable. That shows her laxity. Wait until u get divorced you will know how competitive the market has grown since u left it!
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Yahoo1(m): 1:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
arramyjay:
Ode ni e,and all tru I hvnt seen any reasonable post u made. Ode grow up.

well...i guess i need an interpreter!...when i skim thru the whole thread,i see no one supporting your stupidity!....and again am going to say:you are the one who needs growing up!...re_tards like you shows up once every century!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
maclatunji:

Thank you for the compliment but has it occurred to you that a considerable amount of that IQ you are so enamoured with comes from my religion? Think outside the box. cheesy
lol,of course i think outside d box n if ure married,ur wife is such a lucky lady
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Yahoo1(m): 1:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
Obassy: Let it go
obviously he cant let it go,cos he usually understands a joke when the laughter has died down! So i dont expect him to understand anything about marriage until he realises he is past the age of marriage
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by shadrach77: 1:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
@op, this is all your fault - you must submit to your husband. The bible says a woman should submit to her husband. Tell him you are sorry, and prepare the dish he wants for him smiley wink
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by helphelp: 1:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Most of the people commenting are men so it is one sided. I want a lady's opinion.

A lady's opinion will only make matters worse..! Especially the egocentric ones. From your post, I sense you are though(Pardon me, my view)..
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by arramyjay: 1:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
Yahoo1: well...i guess i need an interpreter!...when i skim thru the whole thread,i see no one supporting your stupidity!....and again am going to say:you are the one who needs growing up!...re_tards like you shows up once every century!
Trust me I dnt need supporters on dis forum,oya make ur sensible contribution. Hey when u are about 2yrs on dis forum come bck and chat or quote me,till then I am nt going to make u or ur post count popular/increase,so I am ignoring u.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by denitro(m): 1:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
You are too stubborn.
Why didn't you prepare the catfish pepper soup?
It's shows you don't care about your man. (Sorry to say that - But its the true)

Apologize to him and pls prepare catfish pepper soup for him next time.

Look at it this way..
You are sick and you pleaded with your husband that you want catfish pepper soup,
he goes into the kitchen and prepares egusi and catfish without informing you of the change.
I can confidently predict that you will not be happy with your husband.
Put yourself in his shoes.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Onyiip(f): 1:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
And where is that big mouthed woman that is deceiving herself? So you cant talk again? Keep deceiving yourself... You'll soon there.

The comments here are just perfect except for those two demons

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by agabaI23(m): 1:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
arramyjay:

Why do we make issues out of nothing! And all dis he didn't knw 5yrs ago ryt? See I still stand on except she was giving to him as a gift threatening her wit divorce is just ridiculous.

Your post here is not very clear. On the part I understood where you mentioned 5 years, it is most probable that the husband has been enduring her excesses believing she would change

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Yahoo1(m): 1:39pm On Oct 06, 2012
arramyjay:
Trust me I dnt need supporters on dis forum,oya make ur sensible contribution. Hey when u are about 2yrs on dis forum come bck and chat or quote me,till then I am nt going to make u or ur post count popular/increase,so I am ignoring u.
...just look at how you are proving what a low IQd personae you are,so being in this forum for 2 years justifies dropping such valueless comments you did,or insulting people instead of making a valid arguement,anyway i dont need to be on this forum for 2years to make a reasonable comment!....i bet you dont know what Ignoring means,if you do,you would'nt have replied,cos this aint the first time you said it! Plz @MODERATORS,i tink u shuld call seun for a meeting! We need an IGNORE/BLOCK buttons.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by MAKLIZ: 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
@OP, u reported that ur hubby mentioned the word stubborn. I tink this is d underlying problem which u need to address urgently b4 u wreck ur marriage.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by sleekch1c(f): 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
Nl women, hope the cheap points you have scored from ur male counterparts by spewing thrash to this lady who only asked for advice has coloured ur miserable lives? Hypocrites. I hope u will get the ring u so yearned for from the e-bachelors on this forum. Bunch of trolls.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by donem: 1:45pm On Oct 06, 2012
WAM?:
There is no taking sides here my sister- your husband is your crown. I know and understand what it is to be stubborn. It wouldn't take you to far. If you want your marriage- pick your battles. A man who threatens to divorce you over goat meat has been keeping quiet over several issues that seem trivial to you. My advice to you is to apologize sincerely and make things right asap however possible
In the long term- drop the stubbornness !!! If that man leaves you today - your life would not be the same . Forget that story about being marketable o- what would you tell the next man the reason for your divorce? Would he be ready to deal with your stubbornness?Don't put yourself in a vulnerable position.

Submission is key- he wants goat meat give him goat meat- or try asking if he minds cat fish- not outrightly disobeying him. How many times does he tell you what he wants in the food? If he requests it this time - give it to him. Don't mess up what you have- its not worth it.
Nice writeup
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by fabees(f): 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by executiveson(m): 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
"Don't ignore most of this advice, go and tender an apology to your husband."
how does the statement above too bad to give searay a ban. Pyguru check again.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by executiveson(m): 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2012
"@OP, Don't ignore most of this advice, go and tender an apology to your husband."
how does the statement above too bad to give searay a ban. Pyguru check again.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by DonaldGenes(m): 1:56pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Most of the people commenting are men so it is one sided. I want a lady's opinion.
permit me to speak for them ladies on NL
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by tai2(m): 1:57pm On Oct 06, 2012
Rather than adhere to simple instructions....she feels she still has market value and is thus willing to accept the divorce and get back into the market... pride goeth before a downfall of a thousand steps...rather than kneel down and apologize now, you're there forming. You've been married for what, 5 years? 5 years of depreciation...your value has fallen considerably believe me.... better wise up before you find yourself on the streets. Younger women with degrees, manners, kitchen and dangerous s.exu.al skills are fully ready to benefit from your exit and take over where you're stu.pidity has clearly failed you....dey dere dey dull...you no know say husband scarce for market...marketable indeed.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by kliverpool(m): 1:57pm On Oct 06, 2012
The man is a responsible man that want to eat cat fish pepper soup at home.
many men eat that stuff outside with friends and other girl.
so first you should count yourself lucky.
and i am not a cook but how will you cook catfish with egusi ?
considering the fragile nature of that fish.
Now women that are looking for responsible men are so many
be humble and hold on to him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? / 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / How Do You Deal With An Overstaying Mother In Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.