Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons (23875 Views)

My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. / My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by abifoluwa: 12:17pm On Oct 06, 2012
arramyjay:

Geez,wht stubborness,she didn't cook pepper soup for d guy instead she made egusi soup,do u knw if she was trying to manage money,wht has peppersoup got to do wit getting divorced? It is funny how things like dis don't come up when or while dating instead it comes up when it is marriage.
SIT DowN and pls dnt type again.
wat re u talking bout? she should have cooked at all than for her to cook sum difff.... all he said was cook pepper soup, how long does it takes..... if the dude ended up at the buka joint, she will come here and tell people how the guy doesnt like to eat her food. dude cherish wat she cooks, and ask for peppersoup, instead he got egusi, yea thats somewhat cute grin
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by kenkruse: 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
All I see here is pride from the woman. The issue of meat and fish for egusi and pepper soup respectively was a bait to make his point. A marriage without courtship and understanding leads to things like this. Or perhaps, the man knows that her wife is that stubborn but thought that her beauty alone will make a perfect marriage for him. It's a pity.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by arramyjay: 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
Obassy: U are not candid with this advice u are giving. Do u know how many things she has done that makes the husband call for divorce. Woman u need to follow and always do what ur husband wants

Good so he shud be divorcing her for those issues nt pepper soup issue,it just goes to show the kind of man he his,he can't talk about wht is distrubing him,instead he hides on the cover of pepper soup. See except the girl was giving to the guy u knw like free gift,not talking about his anger is just to show he is childish.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
this one na stubborn spoilt gal. she's serioussly arguing d advice given to ha. marketable indeed!!! na wah o... use ur head n drop pride o... if u leave this man for trivial reasons, u left d nxt one for trivial reasons, by d time u're 45, na menopause be dat.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by abifoluwa: 12:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
u guys should stop that he should beat her with belt jo, 190 jst they joke, make una no go house beat una wife o, he no go funny. she go set una up like those boys wey dey uniport, females dey para these days o. grin
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 06, 2012
maclatunji:

Your husband is principled, what you did seems trivial to you but in reality:

1. You chose yourself above him in cooking what you liked instead of what he asked for.

2. You didn't respect his decision.

3. You are not sorry about it.

4. You are undermining his authority.

You see how I just brought-out those points out of that "trivial issue". Madam, there is no two-ways about being a good wife; you have to be submissive to your husband. A good husband would then in turn honour you. Do you think he doesn't want to be intimate with you? Of course not but a real man with a good head knows that there's more to marriage and life than sex.

Please reconsider your position and sincerely apologise to your husband today and repeat it tonight until you have convinced him of your remorse. I wish you well in your marriage.
ur level of iq is so mind blowing,just only,if only u werent a muslim dude,.religion aside,u will make such a great husband
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by fortyfeet(m): 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Men in NL sometimes act as boys. What is the sense in kneeling down and serving him?

Humility is not by outward display. Ps act as real men.
If this story is ever true, let him divorce you and with your attitude, the next man will still divorce you and that goes on and on. You are a shame to womanhood. Original Eve.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Toks2008(m): 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
This story is very funny.

I am sure what you refer to as petty to him may not. We are different in our individual personality so if he says he wants this then just give him and be happy.

I usually use one funny phrase on my wife each time she gets on my nerves and the phrase is as harmless as anything to me but she hates that phrase like hell and i have to stop using that.

Also as an e-commerce person, my wife complains that i spend so much time with the system and i just hate it when she refers to this issue and it almost caused serious quarrel at a time but she has learnt to tolerate that aspect of me so as a couple you must never and never undermine the dos and donts of your spouse else we will only be brewing trouble every now and then.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by arramyjay: 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
abifoluwa: wat re u talking bout? she should have cooked at all than for her to cook sum difff.... all he said was cook pepper soup, how long does it takes..... if the dude ended up at the buka joint, she will come here and tell people how the guy doesnt like to eat her food. dude cherish wat she cooks, and ask for peppersoup, instead he got egusi, yea thats somewhat cute grin

I know a lot of people tht pepper soup cooking or nt cooking won't be an issue,the worse dat cud happen is if he cooked it himself and then called her or talked to her about the real issue they are having. Nt threaten with divorce.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by crackhouse(m): 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Odinaka00(m): 12:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
obowunmi: Divorce over catfish and pepper soup??

†ђξ rate at which stories re nw fabricated and posted on internet nowadays is quite alarming

I juz finished reading bout a woman who sold her child Ť☺ one alhaji 4 4mil now on nl, these re similar stories I read on most of d pages on facebook, well cooked stories and U̶̲̥̅̊ wud see 500 comments below it lol

@op, I find I'd difficult Ť☺ believe ya story, it sounds a bit childish, nxt ┼iϻe try very well Ť☺ add salt, corri, maggi,vegetable nd oil
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Yahoo1(m): 12:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
arramyjay:

Geez,wht stubborness,she didn't cook pepper soup for d guy instead she made egusi soup,do u knw if she was trying to manage money,wht has peppersoup got to do wit getting divorced? It is funny how things like dis don't come up when or while dating instead it comes up when it is marriage.
SIT DowN and pls dnt type again.
manage money? :-o....is she the one providing the money?.,..the huzband gave her specific instruction which she did'nt question when she was supposed to,but went around and did another different thing!..and you are here talking of management!......i dont blame you,i blame technology for making it possible for someone with a low IQ to just pick up a mobile phone or pc and type ru.buish!....
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Toktee(m): 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Men in NL sometimes act as boys. What is the sense in kneeling down and serving him?

Humility is not by outward display. Ps act as real men.
You are a fool,if you value your marriage you can even lie flat on the ground to beg your husband,as the head of the family his decission have to be obey,well i dont even think your are married maybe you are an ash.wo,if nt such word shuld have not come out of your toilet

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by crackhouse(m): 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney:

No I'm not. I'm as logical as you. Fact is many men think they're the only ones who can reason. They see women are emotional beings. But I expected my husband to ask me why I decided to use cat fish to cook egusi soup instead of goat meat.
o.k, now why did u use goat meat for the pepper soup?
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by violent(m): 12:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
People screaming "too much information" like they have no idea that married people even have se.x at all.

@OP

You do come across to me as an insolent confrontational type. Girls like you are only good for being bangd, not married!

It is obvious from your story that you only intend to find out "what's the worst that can happen if i do it my way"...by deliberately going against an agreement that you will prepare for your husband; catfish peppersoup and goat meat egusi soup.

That's deliberate provocation you little brat, nothing petty at all

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Yahoo1(m): 12:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
abifoluwa: wat re u talking bout? she should have cooked at all than for her to cook sum difff.... all he said was cook pepper soup, how long does it takes..... if the dude ended up at the buka joint, she will come here and tell people how the guy doesnt like to eat her food. dude cherish wat she cooks, and ask for peppersoup, instead he got egusi, yea thats somewhat cute grin
...dont mind the dude! Anyway,just like one smart man said: OPINION IS LIKE AN A.RSE,EVERYBODY HAS ONE!
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by jedisco(m): 12:28pm On Oct 06, 2012
abifoluwa: undecided undecided undecided

on a rating of 1 - 10 how would yall rate this reply? i will give it -2

2?? Thats too much.
I would have given it 0.5 but considering the fact thats its consuming space on NL, I will subtract 1 and give it -0.5.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by fortyfeet(m): 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney:

No I'm not. I'm as logical as you. Fact is many men think they're the only ones who can reason. They see women are emotional beings. But I expected my husband to ask me why I decided to use cat fish to cook egusi soup instead of goat meat.
I suppose you own a phone, what stopped you from calling him to say honey (pretending), I want to do it the other way and you'll like it. Be diplomatic. You never asked him and now you want him to ask you.
How I wish the man is serious.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by pareto(m): 12:30pm On Oct 06, 2012
Iwo ni o ma fi owo ara re tun Iwa re se. Petty u said! U always want to be in control abi?
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by methodman(m): 12:32pm On Oct 06, 2012
190:

But wait ooh woman why would you prepare CATFISH for egusi, dont u know that fish isnt good for soups
what kinda woman are you, he told you wat he wanted and yet you went ahead and did waht you wanted without his knowledge
nor be him give you money take buy the things, if he goes out and eat EGUSI and Goat meat in another girl's house
you'l come baq here and cry FOUL, u better go baq and apologize to him cos if u were my wife

Na FAN BELT i go take WIPE your NYASH PEEL angry angry angry
YOU funny die...cant stop laffing.... hahahahahahaa
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by drnoel: 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
ileobatojo: I don't understand, he had made specific request about what he wanted you to buy and what he wanted to eat and you agreed, then you just switched things up without letting him know. It's not like it would have been any extra work for you to put the catfish in the pepper soup and the goat meat in the egusi. If you wanted to eat something different, you could have separated a portion of the food for yourself and made what you want. I wonder if examining your heart for the real reason why you decided to change the food won't lead you to the reason he is talking divorce.

abei ooh. I really wonder sometimes why women intentionally make trouble for themselves and come back later to ask what they did wrong. She even calls it a trivial issue. If it was trivial would he be speaking of divorce?
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by kenkruse: 12:33pm On Oct 06, 2012
Now let's see it this..what if the man hinted his inlaw that a fish pepper soup will be served to him when they visit, and only to see a goat pepper soup? I won't be happy myself. It shows that his house is not together. Probably he threatened with divorce to see how the wife reacts to it. But you can see that the wife still has the pride that afterall, she's pretty and marketable instead of apologizing. shame.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by maclatunji: 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
kulyie: ur level of iq is so mind blowing,just only,if only u werent a muslim dude,.religion aside,u will make such a great husband

Thank you for the compliment but has it occurred to you that a considerable amount of that IQ you are so enamoured with comes from my religion? Think outside the box. cheesy
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Odinaka00(m): 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
"I'm still marketable".....see ur mouth
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Obassy(f): 12:35pm On Oct 06, 2012
arramyjay:

Good so he shud be divorcing her for those issues nt pepper soup issue,it just goes to show the kind of man he his,he can't talk about wht is distrubing him,instead he hides on the cover of pepper soup. See except the girl was giving to the guy u knw like free gift,not talking about his anger is just to show he is childish.
She wont tell us something else expect for the ones she thinks the advice can favour her. When giving advice pls think twice because u might be destroying someone's happiness and joy
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by arramyjay: 12:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
Yahoo1: manage money? :-o....is she the one providing the money?.,..the huzband gave her specific instruction which she did'nt question when she was supposed to,but went around and did another different thing!..and you are here talking of management!......i dont blame you,i blame technology for making it possible for someone with a low IQ to just pick up a mobile phone or pc and type ru.buish!....

Like I wrote Sit down and don't type again.if u had an IQ greater than 0.0 u wud knw tht even if she isn't d 1 providing she shud be able to manage wht was provided.And besides this is how I knw u are completely off ur head, a guy is divorcing his wife over pepper soup and u see nothing wrong wit tht,yuck and u some day will be d head of a family hahahaha.bodo.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Kay1kay1(m): 12:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
@ OP
From your post, it seems you're a pretty good cook...

It didn't start with the catfish vs goat meat...He might have been testing you for a while now...Do you follow instructions? Can he rely on you (to the letter)?
Mistakes are made. But realizing where you are headed could save you and your marriage... Remember it's the little, little foxes that spoil the vineyard.

Between you two, you try to work on your communication, it would help... Men cannot see things the way women see them at times... Do you guys often threaten each other with breaking up the marriage?

"I'm sorry" (for this incident) wouldn't hurt.....Get things moving forward...

I'm still Marketable
...Is this the message you pass to your hubby everyday?...Do you want you husband to go get a 'not-so-beautiful', obedient, respectful mistress outside?...Any female who hails/advises on you breaking up for the wrong, wrong petty reasons would come pick up your hubby...

Look into the mirror, what do you see?...
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by dalifa(f): 12:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
Madam, it seems to me you don't want any advice, you are trying to garner supporters for your misbehaviour. Just know that whoever supports you here will not be there to comfort you when you are out of that marriage and alone.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by crackhouse(m): 12:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
tissot84: hahahahahaha
@OP ur hubby knew u were not going to d wat he told u becos u love to have it ur way.
the whole stuff is not about the food thing
but u need to check what u did to him two - three weeks b4 the incident.
if u knew wat was best for the meal, u should have told him right there when he was telling wat he wanted.

Bill Clinton once said the cheapest war is more expensive than the most expensive peace.

I think you should make peace with ur hubby so dat u ant join the labour market of women (also remember dat when u leave ur hubby, u will start looking for someone to touch u now and then)

SO I AM IN FULL SUPPORT OF WHAT U DID
now, which one are in support of? what she did or what her husband did?. I am lost here.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Dede1(m): 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2012
@OP

You are simply a disobedient wife. I am not surprise your husband is thinking divorce and I hope he meant it.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by drnoel: 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney:

oh ok, so u went ahead to show him that u re logical,.....on the wrong situation. Yes, we all here see how logical u can be. Ur man sweetly asked u 2 do some specific things but u did what u wanted. Look on anoda situation it could have meant nothing but not on this one. 4get pride, 4get being a modern woman (or whatever u think u call urself), 4get logic or being a logical woman, just go and beg ur man. If u must kneel down 2 do so then 4king do it. Remember the ends justifies the means.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by arramyjay: 12:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
Obassy: She wont tell us something else expect for the ones she thinks the advice can favour her. When giving advice pls think twice because u might be destroying someone's happiness and joy

Again I am replying to wht d poster wrote,about her husband threaten her wit a divorce over pepper soup.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Don't Want My Son To Bear My Surname. Could This Be Possible? / How Are You Surviving In This Economy? / 5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.