Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons (23868 Views)

My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. / My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2012
Lol. Am I the only one that thinks this story is so untrue and the poster is one jobless UNILAG student?
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by DonaldGenes(m): 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
sleekch1c: Nl women, hope the cheap points you have scored from ur male counterparts by spewing thrash to this lady who only asked for advice has coloured ur miserable lives? Hypocrites. I hope u will get the ring u so yearned for from the e-bachelors on this forum. Bunch of trolls.
hmmmmmmph!
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Areaboy2(m): 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2012
jennykadry: Lol. Am I the only one that thinks this story is so untrue and the poster is one jobless UNILAG student?

50/50!

Could be true, could be hogwash! but lets pretend it is true for the moment shall we? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by bisi16(m): 2:04pm On Oct 06, 2012
I feel pity 4 d poor hubby... As 4u Op, u shld have stayed single.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by DonaldGenes(m): 2:06pm On Oct 06, 2012
jennykadry: Lol. Am I the only one that thinks this story is so untrue and the poster is one jobless UNILAG student?
you right,if the poster wanna proof us wrong,let her show us her pix @least
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Yahoo1(m): 2:08pm On Oct 06, 2012
...lol
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by vislabraye(m): 2:09pm On Oct 06, 2012
fortyfeet:
If this story is ever true, let him divorce you and with your attitude, the next man will still divorce you and that goes on and on. You are a shame to womanhood. Original Eve.

Don't mind her.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Benzora(m): 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
For Chics here ranting about "we are partners", I see divorce looming for you. Even in animal farm some are more equal than others. The husband is still the senior parner in a marriage so, bear this in mind. Submission means that you switch off your own brain when his own is working (this is for a reasonable man).This alone will save 80% of the fail marriages today. If we Africans want to be equal partners like westerners then we must also be ready for the very high divorce rates.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by searay2(m): 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2012
executive_son: "@OP, Don't ignore most of this advice, go and tender an apology to your husband."
how does the statement above too bad to give searay a ban. Pyguru check again.
make him ban me, may be my account dey auto-ban.
Scientific name of catfish rear here in Nig is Clarias gariepinus, any body can confirm
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Hello Nlanders. I have been hearing a lot about this site for a long time. I often visit this site but I've never been a member.
I have a problem with my marriage and I hope there are matured people who can help.
My husband of 5 years want to divorce me for trivial reason. It even sounds funny talking about it.

Last week he asked me to buy fresh catfish and goat meat. He said he wanted to eat catfish pepper soup, while I prepare egusi soup with the goat meat. I wanted something different so I prepared goat meat pepper soup and used the cat fish for egusi soup.
His inlaws came and they enjoyed it. But my husband was frowning. He said I'm too stuborn and he refused to talk to me. He has refused to sleep with me. I can't go a week without his sensual touch. To crown it all, he's threatening for a divorce. What do I do?

Pls your advice is needed. Thank. (I'm still pretty and marketable but he doesn't appreciate that).

firstly you really need to grow up and learn how to communicate properly
why didnt you tell him you wanted something different, or simply use your own money to buy what you want

i find it difficult to understand the rationale behind your actions.

or maybe those who are married can enlighten us on how things work
anyways nice story sha...... more of the same.

this is why i have been saying that too many girls are getting married.
when the purpose of a thing is not known, abuse is inevitable.

and funny enough you have been trying to defend your childish actions.

the attitude you have potrayed as
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Angelahoney: 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
Its a pity a lot of men suffer inferiority complex. I grew up in a wealthy home, I studied in UK, I have a business with a monthly turnover running into tens of millions.
My husband is struggling with a peanut salary job. I asked him to resign and work for me so that the money I pay doesn't leave the family. But he refused.
I'm very beautiful with a child and not up to 30. Some people say its because I'm richer. May be. In fact I bought him a brand new car but he prefers to drive the Tokunboh jalopy.

I would not want to mention his tribe so that the thread does not deviate. That's my side.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by gentlegg(m): 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2012
@ Poster(Angelahoney)
From your post and replies,i can say you are a big DISGRACE and INSULT to womanhood. I rather live in Sahara Desert alone than to live with a womangirl like you. That your husband must have suffered a lot. Simplest instruction and you cannot do it, yes, you have your own right to have wanted something different, BUT why not tell him at that point immediately and two of you will liaise together and reach a conclusion on how to cook the food. On top of that, you know why he's angry, yet you never care to talk to him and you have the gut to expect him to ask you why you disobeyed a simplest instruction he could give you. May God have mercy on you.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 06, 2012
The OP might somehow be fantacizin about one fine boy that told her somedays ago tht she's cute, hence her feeling of been marketable ( a complete BS). @ OP FYI if ur hubby divorces u today or now, i bet u, u will just be one salvaged good with no value, even tho u think u are cute....markettable my azz.... U better get back into the kitchen n prepare him a good catfish pepper soup, n serve him in the bedroom naked ok..... Abegi make i tell my madam to arrange me berra catfish peppersoup o jare.....this shakara OP don de make me salivate ....na point n kill win am o.....i no fit shout .
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2012
LMAO. Una no go kill person. The fact that people even believe this poster is really cracking me up.

Angelahoney: Its a pity a lot of men suffer inferiority complex. I grew up in a wealthy home, I studied in UK, I have a business with a monthly turnover running into tens of millions.
My husband is struggling with a peanut salary job. I asked him to resign and work for me so that the money I pay doesn't leave the family. But he refused.
I'm very beautiful with a child and not up to 30. Some people say its because I'm richer. May be. In fact I bought him a brand new car but he prefers to drive the Tokunboh jalopy.

I would not want to mention his tribe so that the thread does not deviate. That's my side.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by ol2012: 2:24pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Hello Nlanders. I have been hearing a lot about this site for a long time. I often visit this site but I've never been a member.
I have a problem with my marriage and I hope there are matured people who can help.
My husband of 5 years want to divorce me for trivial reason. It even sounds funny talking about it.

Last week he asked me to buy fresh catfish and goat meat. He said he wanted to eat catfish pepper soup, while I prepare egusi soup with the goat meat. I wanted something different so I prepared goat meat pepper soup and used the cat fish for egusi soup.
His inlaws came and they enjoyed it. But my husband was frowning. He said I'm too stuborn and he refused to talk to me. He has refused to sleep with me. I can't go a week without his sensual touch. To crown it all, he's threatening for a divorce. What do I do?

Pls your advice is needed. Thank. (I'm still pretty and marketable but he doesn't appreciate that).
Madam, dat ur husband must be an angel to have tolerated dis ur attitude 4 5 good yrs. U already know what 2 do 2 save ur marriage! Dat is if u'r still really interested anyway.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by ol2012: 2:25pm On Oct 06, 2012

Madam, dat ur husband must be an angel to have tolerated dis ur attitude 4 5 good yrs. U already know what 2 do 2 save ur marriage! Dat is if u'r still really interested anyway.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Chidiphilip(m): 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
Why didn't u do just as u are told? And if u have any reason to do contary to what he told u to do,u should have informed him first...
What do u mean u are marketable?? It sounds to me that u want ur to marriage to break...
Go and apologize remorsefully and save ur marriage!
it is simple...
Best wishes....
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Its a pity a lot of men suffer inferiority complex. I grew up in a wealthy home, I studied in UK, I have a business with a monthly turnover running into tens of millions.

it is truly better, to live on a roof top than to live with a woman like the woman above ^^^^^

more stories please..... tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Water9430(m): 2:29pm On Oct 06, 2012
arramyjay:

Geez, u are what is wrong wit dis world. Her not cooking catfish pepper soup means she is nt submissive?
. My question 2 u is wot do u term or how do u say a wife is submissive. Pls answer
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by sessydoo(m): 2:33pm On Oct 06, 2012

Yes o Angel baby, na only me dey feel u 4 this place, abeg tell them jare.....oya divorce the "ingrate" and come marry me jorrr!
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by DonaldGenes(m): 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2012
searay2:
make him ban me, may be my account dey auto-ban.
Scientific name of catfish rear here in Nig is Clarias gariepinus, any body can confirm
hehe
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by neotaokpa: 2:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
y not he's way for once, now u need advice. now is the advice do wat he wants next tym smiley
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Rehil(f): 2:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
My dear i'm a woman too n i'l say u r stuborn n tryin to prove sometin to your husband but u r using the wrong method n approach.I personally don't like beans and dats my husband's best food,i prepare his food n i prepare wat i want to eat.He eats to his satisfaction,i'm happy,he's happy,dia is peace in d house n our children r happy.What would it have cost u in taking a little of d soup before it is ready for serving n put in another pot n den garnish wit d fish u want?U better plead for forgiveness cos dia r more marketable women out dia who will prepare him wat he want wit better market strategies dan u n tomorrow u'l cry ur eyes out.He is d man n u r d woman,get use to it cos his wish is ur command.Get ur house in order before............
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Angelahoney: 2:38pm On Oct 06, 2012
Its a pity a lot of men suffer inferiority complex. I grew up in a wealthy home, I studied in UK, I have a business with a monthly turnover running into tens of millions.
My husband is struggling with a peanut salary job. I asked him to resign and work for me so that the money I pay doesn't leave the family but he refused.

I would not want to mention his tribe so that the thread does not deviate. That's my side. Its unfortunate that a lot of NLers are tribalistic. But that's another topic.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by violent(m): 2:39pm On Oct 06, 2012
jennykadry: LMAO. Una no go kill person. The fact that people even believe this poster is really cracking me up.

+600 likes

These sorts of stories are just too juvenile to be real.

Sounds very much like a bored 16 year old.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by goodluckizuchi: 2:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
Woman I advice u any time u have a problem with ur husband don't tell him that u are still marketable two trie to obeyed ur husband command onLess it is something that u know that is not good to do three u should know that catfish is for papersoup and goatmeat is for soup because of the egusi is not good with catfish and third go and plead ur husband promise him that u we never go contrally to his command and he we forgive u if he love u realy ok don't panic or insult him by say that some body can see u and still price u ok that is a very wrong word to use to ur husband thanks and talk the advice ok

[color=#770077][/color]

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2012
. . . . . and you attached your picture because. . . . ?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by tomzman: 2:46pm On Oct 06, 2012

With this kind of attitude, I really pity your husband.

Guys lets learn to open our eyes wide and think well before jumping to the altar.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
My husband is struggling with a peanut salary job. I asked him to resign and work for me so that the money I pay doesn't leave the family but he refused.

I would not want to mention his tribe so that the thread does not deviate. That's my side. Its unfortunate that a lot of NLers are tribalistic. But that's another topic.

Quickly divorce him and go marry someone that wakes up to worship you your crusty toes.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Mrsmansson(f): 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2012
So people really believe this poster.its funny oh,and she is not new to nairaland either.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by maclatunji: 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2012

Angelistic Angela, tell us what you saw in him to marry him. I am very interested.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Angelahoney: 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2012
The way some women sound, like they're beefing me. They've already passed judgment and put on that holier than thou attitude.
I'm very sure they all want to marry a richer guy. Not one of them would want to marry a struggling guy but I did. It wasn't as if I'm desperate or old. I had money and beauty and intelligent.
Many of them want to paint that virtuous woman picture but I won't buy that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With An Overstaying Mother In Law / Loss Of Libido Due To Depression: How Does One Revive It? / Side Chicks Act Like Spare Tires In Marriage, They Are Very Important – Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.