Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,732 members, 7,827,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons (23887 Views)

My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / She Threaten 2 Divorce Me If I Dont Dissociate Myself From My Best Friend. / My Nigerian Husband Will Not Divorce Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Yahoo1(m): 5:56pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Thank you all for your response. Didn't know it would reach front page. I am an aspiring fiction writer and this is just a figment of my imagination.
Some guys are even following me already. They're in love with this fictitious Angela.
Your contributions were matured especially Billyonaire. In fact the person typing is a man.
Thank you. And thank you Angelahoney.

Some types of stories that hit front page amaze me. Cheers.
i must say it waz really really something to learn from! How did the attention you got feel?...and what if the story is real,what would you advice the victim to do @OP
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Kobojunkie: 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2012
I knew it was all made up. grin grin grin grin The beginning story seemed too ridiculous to have come from a woman who was really in the situation described.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by yuzedo: 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: (I'm still pretty and marketable but he doesn't appreciate that)

Oh yeah? undecided

Post your yeye "Pretty & Marketable" pix (2 full posing shots & 2 in black & white) make we judge.. Na pretty man pikin go chop shay?

So that's your only bargaining power? Being pretty & marketable? You aren't virtuous, industrous, kind, smart, or loving? Just pretty & marketable? Chai!! grin

I blame ur husband too.. For marrying a rebellious "pretty & marketable" ninny like you! You prolly used good sex to deceive him, now he has realised he boarded one-chance & is regretting! angry

1 Like

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
Kobojunkie: I knew it was all made up. grin grin grin grin The beginning story seemed too ridiculous to have come from a woman who was really in the situation described.

It seemed ridiculous to me toogringringrin, that's why I didn't comment but if your response earlier on in the thread is really how you think, I pity the man that will marry you. SMH

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by nunicelady(f): 7:26pm On Oct 06, 2012
Hi dear,
I am separated from my husband and even though leaving him is the best decision I ever made, I don't think any woman should be alone. Marriages ain't a bed of roses all the time. Couples need to learn to sacrifice for and talk to each other. Any marriage with pride in the background can never work. I don't want to judge ur story my dear, but please talk to ur man.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by yuzedo: 7:31pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Thank you all for your response. Didn't know it would reach front page. I am an aspiring fiction writer and this is just a figment of my imagination.
Some guys are even following me already. They're in love with this fictitious Angela.
Your contributions were matured especially Billyonaire. In fact the person typing is a man.
Thank you. And thank you Angelahoney.

Some types of stories that hit front page amaze me. Cheers.

Bi(t)ch c'mon sharrapp!

You don fall your hand so you wan form say story na lie. If I bite you eh? Instead of admitting you were wrong & have drank from the fountain of NL wisdom & hard-knocks, u want to take the easy way out (apiam way) & simply denounce the story.. FOUL! angry

I know you VERY WELL! That's why I wanted u to post ur yeye overated "pretty & marketable" pictures let NL judge ur looks.
Your husband (C***e) told me everything at work & has been telling me the issues he faces with you. And if u deny foolishly, by God I will post u guys wedding pictures! angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by DukeNija(m): 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
yuzedo:

Bi(t)ch c'mon sharrapp!

You don fall your hand so you wan form say story na lie. If I bite you eh? Instead of admitting you were wrong & have drank from the fountain of NL wisdom & hard-knocks, u want to take the easy way out (apiam way) & simply denounce the story.. FOUL! angry

I know you VERY WELL! That's why I wanted u to post ur yeye overated "pretty & marketable" pictures let NL judge ur looks.
Your husband (C***e) told me everything at work & has been telling me the issues he faces with you. And if u deny foolishly, by God I will post u guys wedding pictures! angry angry angry

Why do I believe this dude?? grin
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
Donxavier:

It seemed ridiculous to me toogringringrin, that's why I didn't comment but if your response earlier on in the thread is really how you think, I pity the man that will marry you. SMH

I am not gay . . . . so stop wondering what MAN will marry me. Also, I don't exist on the same level as dimwits like you who think that when you get a wife you get a slave who should OBEY your every word. Sorry, that is not marriage but a contract that can be likened to that between a slave and a master.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
nunicelady: Hi dear,
I am separated from my husband and even though leaving him is the best decision I ever made, I don't think any woman should be alone. Marriages ain't a bed of roses all the time. Couples need to learn to sacrifice for and talk to each other. Any marriage with pride in the background can never work. I don't want to judge ur story my dear, but please talk to ur man.

A woman should not be alone? Do you think that faulty reasoning is what got you where you are today? I am not trying to take a jab but there is nothing wrong with being alone and having your peace of mind. There are way too many who are in marriages with no peace of mind. What kind of life is that?

According to the story, the wife only exchanged meat/fish, but look at how many people have come down on her for just that. The story says she did cook the meals suggested, only she exchanged meet/fish. That makes her stubborn? Really? So are all these people here saying that a woman who does not follow her husband's word to the T is a stubborn woman deserving of divorce or something? Yet many of those on here saying she is stubborn have themselves professed to doing something similar or worse and even praised themselves for it.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Nobody: 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I am not gay . . . . so stop wondering what MAN will marry me. Also, I don't exist on the same level as dimwits like you who think that when you get a wife you get a slave who should OBEY your every word. Sorry, that is not marriage but a contract that can be likened to that between a slave and a master.

Exactly what i was getting at. Show your true colorsgringrin. it's pathetic, just to think some people on this blog actually think you are intelligent it defies the imagination how people like you become role model worthy to some
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by drnoel: 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2012
Angelahoney: Its a pity a lot of men suffer inferiority complex. I grew up in a wealthy home, I studied in UK, I have a business with a monthly turnover running into tens of millions.
My husband is struggling with a peanut salary job. I asked him to resign and work for me so that the money I pay doesn't leave the family. But he refused.
I'm very beautiful with a child and not up to 30. Some people say its because I'm richer. May be. In fact I bought him a brand new car but he prefers to drive the Tokunboh jalopy.

I would not want to mention his tribe so that the thread does not deviate. That's my side.
[size=28pt]jennykenndy is right this story is full of bullshit. Its a story constructed by a jobless lady who is looking 4 attention 4rm NLanders. am out of here[/size]
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by adieora(f): 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
Madam you were stubborn.It was his family and his request.u sud hv done it.the man is the head of the family and obviously whatever he says is irrelevant to u.Kip waiting for support.when the problem starts all these people telling you that u were right no go dey there.a word is enuff for the wise.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by abdul2sure: 10:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
eduson002: U er indeed obstinate
. Gr8
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by saemmanuel(m): 10:49pm On Oct 06, 2012
I can help u out with that sensual touch part....lol...email me.....
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Johndoe100(m): 10:52pm On Oct 06, 2012
All these made up stories follow a similar pattern and so do the threads. If you know what to look for you can spot them easily.

Kobojunkie:

@Kobo
I can honestly say that there are only a few people on this planet that exist on the level you do and thankfully most are safely locked away in psychiatric institutions.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by vislabraye(m): 11:17pm On Oct 06, 2012
This so called story is amazing and funny.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by agabaI23(m): 11:47pm On Oct 06, 2012
sleekch1c: Nl women, hope the cheap points you have scored from ur male counterparts by spewing thrash to this lady who only asked for advice has coloured ur miserable lives? Hypocrites. I hope u will get the ring u so yearned for from the e-bachelors on this forum. Bunch of trolls.
All men are not like your ex so you don't have to be bitter with all men
https://www.nairaland.com/532864/cant-stop-loving-him
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by agabaI23(m): 11:54pm On Oct 06, 2012
Kobojunkie:

A woman should not be alone? Do you think that faulty reasoning is what got you where you are today? I am not trying to take a jab but there is nothing wrong with being alone and having your peace of mind. There are way too many who are in marriages with no peace of mind. What kind of life is that?

According to the story, the wife only exchanged meat/fish, but look at how many people have come down on her for just that. The story says she did cook the meals suggested, only she exchanged meet/fish. That makes her stubborn? Really? So are all these people here saying that a woman who does not follow her husband's word to the T is a stubborn woman deserving of divorce or something? Yet many of those on here saying she is stubborn have themselves professed to doing something similar or worse and even praised themselves for it.
So if you ordered a chicken curry from a restaurant and they served you lamb curry you won't kick cos it is still a curry meal?
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by agabaI23(m): 12:06am On Oct 07, 2012
Angelahoney: Its a pity a lot of men suffer inferiority complex. I grew up in a wealthy home, I studied in UK, I have a business with a monthly turnover running into tens of millions.
My husband is struggling with a peanut salary job. I asked him to resign and work for me so that the money I pay doesn't leave the family. But he refused.
I'm very beautiful with a child and not up to 30. Some people say its because I'm richer. May be. In fact I bought him a brand new car but he prefers to drive the Tokunboh jalopy.

I would not want to mention his tribe so that the thread does not deviate. That's my side.
If this is true, I can say this is the reason why some men run away from women who earn more than they earn. You are trying to tell him you have enough money to do as you like and you can afford to be alone. Why did you bother getting married to a poor man so that you will torment him. There are many wealthy bachelors who would earn your respect or were you so desperate to get married that you had to settle for a poor man only to turn around and tell him he does not deserve your respect?
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by agabaI23(m): 12:06am On Oct 07, 2012

If this is true, I can say this is the reason why some men run away from women who earn more than they earn. You are trying to tell him you have enough money to do as you like and you can afford to be alone. Why did you bother getting married to a poor man so that you will torment him. There are many wealthy bachelors who would earn your respect or were you so desperate to get married that you had to settle for a poor man only to turn around and tell him he does not deserve your respect?
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by bukatyne(f): 12:07am On Oct 07, 2012
pro01: Wow. It must be the weather or something. . .I read the first page of the thread and virtually all the ladies made sense and were reasonable in their replies! There's hope afterall.

There's nothing more to be said. Unfortunately, the OP and her kind would never change. . .the marriage would hit the rocks sooner or later.

Not even God can change a woman afflicted with congenital stubbornness. It is a hopeless case; wise men recognise these types early enough and flee for their lives.
and y do u always sound so bitter and sleazy when talking about women? it's not a must to get married.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by bukatyne(f): 12:12am On Oct 07, 2012
maryjames9: Marriage of 5 years. Firstly madam,do u have children cos they strenghten union btw couple. I need to assume that u dnt have cos how else would u wana leave ur marriage just like that. 2. You are sturborn and non submissive. You see the culture of oyinbo people is different 4rm ours. A key ingredient in the success of marriage here is absolute submisn. God said in d bible that husband should love their wife and wife to SUBMIT to their hubby but oyinbo's culture didnt want that. 3. I dnt think u love ur hubby and truly ready 4 marriage when u did. Why else would u wana jump at divorce. Me think u married him cos of money. That explains ur unbearable urge 4 intimacy in a week. What happens if he travel 4 a month. You'l bring another man(one of those men eyeing u making u feel MARKETABLE) into ur matrimonial bed. Finally,even if u divorce and remarry,exept u marry a woman,no sane single man wil want a sturborn and averagely submissive Quarter-to woman 4 a wife. Off course u can get those Alhajis as 10th wife. My dear,apologze on ur kneel and swallow ur pride b4 its 2 late
and her wanting sex once a week with her husband means she married him for money! did she tell u she can't control herself when he's not around? please, be a little objective.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Angelahoney: 12:27am On Oct 07, 2012
yuzedo:
Oh yeah? undecided

Post your yeye "Pretty & Marketable" pix (2 full posing shots & 2 in black & white) make we judge.. Na pretty man pikin go chop shay?

So that's your only bargaining power? Being pretty & marketable? You aren't virtuous, industrous, kind, smart, or loving? Just pretty & marketable? Chai!! grin

I blame ur husband too.. For marrying a rebellious "pretty & marketable" ninny like you! You prolly used good sex to deceive him, now he has realised he boarded one-chance & is regretting! angry

Angelahoney doesn't exist OO. He's a man. Gdnite.
Its amazing how I have a male follower. Guys are funny.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Angelahoney: 12:29am On Oct 07, 2012
nunicelady: Hi dear,

How sweet of you. I'm touch. Angelahoney doesn't exist. I am a fiction writer.
This thread might be close
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by bukatyne(f): 12:31am On Oct 07, 2012

your husband can't work for you, he will work with you. the same goes for a wife. i believe in a woman submitting though not in the context most people understand it. telling ur husband u are marketable is demeaning to you. u should always make him know he is the only one u want. u are soundin like u are his boss in the office place. when you love a person, u esteem them. u are not better than he's even if u literally own the world and u never age. u are on d same level so respect him b'cos i know u'll respect your colleagues @ work. b4 u do/say/react anything to your husband, ask yourself if you would like it if he did exactly to you.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Angelahoney: 12:33am On Oct 07, 2012
bukatyne: and her wanting sex once a week with her husband means she married him for money! did she tell u she can't control herself when he's not around? please, be a little objective.
My dear I bow O. People are already angry with the Angelahoney fiction character. Make una no quarrel O.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Angelahoney: 12:36am On Oct 07, 2012
yuzedo:

Bi(t)ch c'mon sharrapp!

Fountain of NL wisdom. I laugh. O boy I talk say I be man you dey argue with me?
You kuku call me biitchh.
Relax. The story is even making me to laugh sef.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Angelahoney: 12:42am On Oct 07, 2012
bukatyne: your husband can't work for you, he will work with you. the same goes for a wife. i believe in a woman submitting though not in the context most people understand it. telling ur husband u are marketable is demeaning to you. u should always make him know he is the only one u want. u are soundin like u are his boss in the office place. when you love a person, u esteem them. u are not better than he's even if u literally own the world and u never age. u are on d same level so respect him b'cos i know u'll respect your colleagues @ work. b4 u do/say/react anything to your husband, ask yourself if you would like it if he did exactly to you.

I'm in love with your advice. Its classic. What a very very long epistle for that naughty proud woman called Angela.
I will tell my fiction character
Ty for de advice.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by wisebabe: 5:42am On Oct 07, 2012
... And some would say their husband(s) is a wife beater!

You deserve three slaps before the boot!!
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by ElosAgos(m): 6:57am On Oct 07, 2012
Angelahoney........Jobless Jambite (Never been admitted?)
lipsrsealed

Sorry but you have got NO story telling skills (maybe not yet)

#IMO
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by yindil: 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
I am a married woman. If I were u I will quickly go and buy catfish and goat meat,prepare it as he instructed the first time, serve it to him, then apologise.that's if I'm serious about the marriage. I think the problem is oin the significance of what you did.
Re: My Husband Is Threatening To Divorce Me For Petty Reasons by Usokristi: 6:55pm On Oct 07, 2012
My darling sis I see no big thing in this . The bible say that a woman should be submissive to her hubby or are u not a christian? There is a popular saying that the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach. My dear stop being stubborn and make ur marriage work . I nu go. Iam still single and searching but I know this fact

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Whose Name Should I Put On Papers Of The Car I Intend Buying For My Married Sis? / Court Marriage Without Paying Bride Price / How Do You Deal With An Overstaying Mother In Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.