Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,990 members, 7,952,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:28 AM

Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed (42300 Views)

If You Are Disappointed In Buhari Ministerial List, ...... / Danjuma Azemobo Musa Responds To Achebe's New Book / Edo Election: We Are Disappointed – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 07, 2012
Nashville: I do not know how demonising Awolowo makes any of your lives better. Please tell me what satisfaction you are feeling. Most of you commenting were not even born during the war, but will continue to sow seeds of hatred. America also fought a civil war but they have long moved on. I would have expected "elders" like Achebe to lecture the younger ones on good governance not to try and demonise other statesmen. Ojukwu and Gowon were the only two people desperate for power who couldn't sit at a table to resolve their differences but rather would go to war. So Awolowo is now a devil, how does that improve the quality of your own life?

My dear, Nigeria is a forced nation done out of colonial master greed to exploit oil from this part of africa. so no need for anyone wasting time to teach good governance in Nigeria cos it won't work & never worked in a so-called nation where tribalism, religious clamouring & selfishness beclouds the leaders.

In every sector of Nigeria today, before u get anything, tribe is considered. if an hausa heads a department, he promotes hausas first even if they do not merit it. same goes if its headed by an Igbo or by a Yoruba.

A hausa values his religion more than ppls innocent lives, & would do anything to ensure his tribesmen with his same religion dominates every sphere of government, so how would there be true progress match in such a country

For how long will we continue to pretend to be one Nigeria Anytime there is a little feud, each tribe in Nigeria start finding a way to preserve their own tribesmen to the detriment of the other tribes, so why do we still claim to be one nation Can't we all be honest to ourselves & let go peacefully of this forceful union called NIGERIA

6 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by stolenstone: 11:09am On Oct 07, 2012
guys How do I lay my hands on this book that has raised so much dust?? I really need to read this book!
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ikeyman00(m): 11:10am On Oct 07, 2012
@@@
phemmy1987

Achebe most b enemy of progress 4 this country 4 him to have wake up a dead case @ this crucial state of d country. Useless old man

this man should be mistaken as ur daddy plz

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by olu77emi: 11:10am On Oct 07, 2012
NL pls.help answer this question
Why Igbos are slaughter daily in the north?
Why is there no relationship between south east and south south?
WHY ARE THEY ALL OVER SOUTH WEST, with flourishing business even serve in the cabinet of state governors?
Why this holier than thou accusations against the dead?

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by NewsFlash101: 11:11am On Oct 07, 2012
a
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ikeyman00(m): 11:11am On Oct 07, 2012
L pls.help answer this question
Why Igbos are slaughter daily in the north?
Why is there no relationship between south east and south south?
WHY ARE THEY ALL OVER SOUTH WEST, with flourishing business even serve in the cabinet of state governors?
Why this holier than thou accusations against the dead?
^^^ and u mind telling us huh
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Fasterboy: 11:11am On Oct 07, 2012
big_smoke: when will we grow up in this country and stop bieng tribal if u want to defend someone it should be based on fact and not because he is from ur tribe am sure if we take a survey all those defending awolowo are yorubas and achebe the ibos most of this people were probably not born during the war nepotism is killing this country cry cry
Are you stupiiid? It's not ibo but Igbo! oya...say IGBO! all this school drop out sef

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by abouzaid: 11:12am On Oct 07, 2012
@wislet, we are not one. Awolowo said nigeria is just a mere geographical expression.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by NewsFlash101: 11:12am On Oct 07, 2012
a
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by solomto(f): 11:13am On Oct 07, 2012
I didnt see anything wrong with the novel, history is good to be known.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 07, 2012
Nairaland is really turning to something else! SMH
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 07, 2012
igbos are the most parasitic pple on earth. they steal, plunder, maim and encroaches on peoples property. Very Senile minded, Quick to mischievousness, fast in perpetrating crime. undaunted in carrying harddrugs regardless of the implications. Rugged and silly living. Double sided mouth. If i have my way. i would chase you guys away from south west. Parasitic Conjugation called nationhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ozodimgba(m): 11:25am On Oct 07, 2012
kindabigg:

who cares if ur disappointed or not selfish and shameless thing mtcheeeeew
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Flawlessdiva1(f): 11:26am On Oct 07, 2012
akinmax: But, Mbadinuju, defending Achebe, said: “I have not read the book. I don’t want to speculate. During the civil war, I was studying in the United States of America. However, I have absolute confidence in Prof Chinua Achebe. He is an acclaimed international scholar and figure; whatever he says about the civil war should be taken seriously.”

Damn it...!!!! how senseless,moronic this Mbadinuju an be.You have not read the book , but whatever the children book writer says is true, God have mercy! . No sense of self esteem, dignity,sense of reason suspended ,intergity is on holiday while making this statement,just to show your Yes man attribute to the world.Hmmm,this speakes volume of how these people reason.

Who are you referring to ås "children book writer"
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by CyberG: 11:26am On Oct 07, 2012
Fasterboy:
Are you stupiiid? It's not ibo but Igbo! oya...say IGBO! all this school drop out sef

You mean iboz? Or ibox? Igbo ala DK?? grin grin Eebo?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by sneedpahpaz(m): 11:29am On Oct 07, 2012
solomon111: The bitttch is Disappointed that awo history has been thrown into the dustbin of life.
Awo reputation has suffered a devastating blow both locally and internationally.
He has now been placed alongside hitler,stalin,idi-amin,and the rest of the them.
What a shame.
So much for awo free education.
Lol.
dude,r Ʊ 4 real?ur post goes 2 show just ow ignorant Ʊ r.....it was a war,both sides were tryn 2 win it,will dey do dat by shaking hands?remember it was dis same ibos dat started d war,so why r dey still bitching abt it?abeg research well b4 Ʊ post anytin...punk!

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Fasterboy: 11:30am On Oct 07, 2012
berem: Nairaland is really turning to something else! SMH
Nairaland is a true representaion of Nigeria. I pray that this country will soon divide let me see how these Yoruba fooools will survive.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by nass07(m): 11:30am On Oct 07, 2012
Young Nigerians pls I advice u not to partake in these,these elderly men are out to trigger some awful kinda hatred upon the nation's future 'which you happens to be a part'. They are still beefing themselves over a failed past they created. They are leaving this world without resolving their differences, now they hope to polute the mind of young Nigerians so that these hatred will continue, so that the future of Nigeria would equally not live to see glory and peacefull days that I believe God is planning to bestow upon. This great country Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Dainfamous: 11:33am On Oct 07, 2012
Prof. Chinua Achebe has finally blown open the lid...people that have always been too scared to hear and accept the truth are now trying to suppress it. Until we acknowledge the truths of our past, we can't move forward successfully...

7 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by CyberG: 11:35am On Oct 07, 2012
Dede1: Why should telling the plain truth turned into controversy by certain moronic Nigerians? Awolowo had mercurially defended his policy of starvation as a weapon of war in several interviews he conducted. He even went further to elaborate by stating it was foolhardy to feed your enemy to be strong so as to continue fighting and prolonging the war.

Can you recognize truth? It's not the job of your enemy to feed you in war is it? Ojuku said and I paraphrase: "the iboz have been prepared for war a long time. It is a sacrifice they are ready to make for freedom. When the war starts the other side will be surprised about what they will get. I am sure the war will be over quickly". He said this with a smile and there is video evidence. After iboz lost the war, he fled to Abidjan and in interview with the BBC, he said he was surprised that the world did not come to their rescue. The world watched them killed and beaten so hard, yet they looked on. If ojuku and his people are okay with his people dying, is it the job of your wartime enemy to keep you alive? Now how about that for truth? Answer without going to the gutter of insults and abuse.

7 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Jonzingmaster(m): 11:36am On Oct 07, 2012
my scholar"ACHEBE"...JAH WILL CONTINUE TO BLESS UR RASTA SOUL...SELAH!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by sweetgala(m): 11:37am On Oct 07, 2012
History is good, but I see this a tactful act to destroy the image of your enemy.
Awolowo was a great leader , a man was willing to take certain questionable decisions in the hope of ending a terrible civil war.
He never had any verbal agreement with Ojukwu to protect Biafran interest, why should he be vilified . It was not a strange tactic to deny your enemy access to amenities through routes which were under your control. All sides done so in world war II , merchant ships were targeted by all sides, cargo planes and rail lines, during the American civil war both sides resorted to caves and underground passages. It's your enemies duty to deny you easy access to supplies its yours to protect your supply routes, gain some and come up with alternatives. All wars are won on this simple principle.

It is no news that Awolowo and Achebe were on opposing sides during the war , history is written by the victors , to that effect Gowon, Awolowo and several other Nigerians are celebrated as powerful people who kept this country together today, achebe has denied himself a national honour twice a decision I respect.
We made an effort to forgive Ojukwu of treason and gave him a state burial honoured his widow.

Gowon gave a great speech after the war which denounced the notion of victory for the Nigerian state but promoted peace dialogue unity and reflection.

Now I ask why must a old much respected Nobel laureate invite the topic of division and taint the image of his long dead enemy for personal gratification?
The war for him is long gone and lost.

12 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by MrGlobe(m): 11:41am On Oct 07, 2012
lowgeorge: igbos are the most parasitic pple on earth. they steal, plunder, maim and encroaches on peoples property. Very Senile minded, Quick to mischievousness, fast in perpetrating crime. undaunted in carrying harddrugs regardless of the implications. Rugged and silly living. Double sided mouth. If i have my way. i would chase you guys away from south west. Parasitic Conjugation called nationhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
from the man whose region contributes NOTHING to the center but yet collect federal allocation. Now who is the parasite.

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ACM10: 11:42am On Oct 07, 2012
Awo will be turning in grave for the fact that his kinsmen are denying him his major feat. The feat that he boasted with on the international arena. What a pity!

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Flawlessdiva1(f): 11:43am On Oct 07, 2012
Wislet: I AM TIRED OF ALL THESE RANTS.
Pls can someone help us understand by telling us how these e-fights have improved his/her life?
Reason with your heads and not your emotions!
Stop heating up a society that wants to have its peaceful rest.
Igbo or yoruba, we are all one. Wonderful people at that.
Can we hear better news? God help this nation.
The war has come and gone.
It is ANCIENT HISTORY. Do you want to go back to that time?
Move on. Stop these meaningless insults all over the place before other nations wonder if Nigerians are okay in the head.
Read books and move on. You musn't fight over every one of them.
Is statements like this that keeps widening the gap of unionism. We are not one, just aspiring to be.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by mike404(m): 11:44am On Oct 07, 2012
phemmy1987: Achebe most b enemy of progress 4 this country 4 him to have wake up a dead case @ this crucial state of d country. Useless old man.

ODE embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by nass07(m): 11:46am On Oct 07, 2012
Goshhhhhh!!! I like the igbo tribe, I like having them around. But when they start these their passionate hatred and lack of respect and love for other people I begin to wonder if am not making a huge mistake having unconditional love for my fellow sotherners.am yoruba, but then I hate to partake in all of these.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Flawlessdiva1(f): 11:46am On Oct 07, 2012
Wislet: I AM TIRED OF ALL THESE RANTS.
Pls can someone help us understand by telling us how these e-fights have improved his/her life?
Reason with your heads and not your emotions!
Stop heating up a society that wants to have its peaceful rest.
Igbo or yoruba, we are all one. Wonderful people at that.
Can we hear better news? God help this nation.
The war has come and gone.
It is ANCIENT HISTORY. Do you want to go back to that time?
Move on. Stop these meaningless insults all over the place before other nations wonder if Nigerians are okay in the head.
Read books and move on. You musn't fight over every one of them.
Is statements like this that keeps widening the gap of unionism. We are not one, just aspiring to be. Another thing, the state is already heated up, lets not sweep matters under carpet. When it comes to married coupled, we advice them to settle their differences amicably, so is Nigeria. When matters are swept under the carpet, resentment towards each tribe builds up the more. Lets call a spade a spade. I'm open to mature opinions cos i'm stil a baby in this matter.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by victorD3: 11:48am On Oct 07, 2012
Kill yourselves, the Niger Delta is watching you in silverbird. After all the damages you will need our oil money to rehabilitate and rebuild your god forsaken selves.
Idiioots
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by fabj1(m): 11:49am On Oct 07, 2012
its tru we're in democracy bt we shuld nt 4get ethics and our God. Pls let awolowo rip. I fink Achebe's point is rada 2o late bcoz d deed is alredy done. I rily fink its wisdom nd selfishnes on d late yoruba icon 2 prepare 4 a farther generation and also selfishneshnez nd gros iresponsibility on d part of our den igbo leaders 4 nt having dis generation in mind wen doing stuffs den.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 07, 2012
Flawless~diva:

Is statements like this that keeps widening the gap of unionism. We are not one, just aspiring to be.

...and u forgot to also mention the fact that with fulani northerners, boko haram now inclusive just becos a southerner is in hold of power, Nigeria will further remain a forced marriage!

How can u bring water, oil & what have u, expecting them to mix, thats scientifically IMPOSSIBLE! The North needs to go & practice their religion peacefully & stop forcing others to worship God in their bloody way.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chuksgeo: 11:53am On Oct 07, 2012
obafemi awolowo was a NAZIST period, oh! is his daughter bitter about that, well its a pity that s what her late father was and the yorubbers should learn how to deal with the truth!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

The Arrival Of Atiku In Owerri / Governor Ayade Gifts Toyota Land Cruiser SUVs To Reps Who Decamped To APC / New Tollgates' Fees: ₦200 For Cars, ₦500 For Trucks & Luxury Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.