Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed (41687 Views)

If You Are Disappointed In Buhari Ministerial List, ...... / Danjuma Azemobo Musa Responds To Achebe's New Book / Edo Election: We Are Disappointed – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 07, 2012
Do they want to sue Achebe or what? Let them write their own book....'there was an Awo' . Simple as indomie .
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Chubhie: 11:55am On Oct 07, 2012
If we are to look at this issue politically- I only hope this is not some gameplan of gaining some sympathy for a certain tribe on the road to 2015? Remember how Obj came on board? Some northern interest have already been druming and bombing for 2012 from day one and now this game changer from the Prof........ My respect to those ploting and cashing in on the phychic of the Nigerian masses to further interests.......... To what end What is the motive Why now Who tends to profit from all this Lets all think for ourselves people.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 07, 2012
Nigerian people can you hear clearly. While u people where busy fighting FOOLISH civil war, Awolowo's daughter was in the U.S probably doing her masters or something. U guys should better grow brains. Awolowo ko Achebe ni. These people have lived their lives it's time you live urs. And like somebody said, arguing about what Awolowo did or didn't do is not adding anything to me. Nigerian politicians are and have always been the same. Bunch of selfish lying tricksters. And by the way I believe in no such thing as one Nigeria. Nigeria has neva been one. We're all a tribalistic set of pple.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by exalt2009: 11:57am On Oct 07, 2012
One Question I will love to ask without be bias, where was Zik
Then when all these was going on, Was him in support or against
Because anybody has not mention Zik...Zik ?...the Igbo people should
Ask their leader that what was their contribution to stop the genocide
That you Igbo meant....Everybody knew who profit from the civil war..
Only God will save us..

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Bunkyrules: 11:59am On Oct 07, 2012
It is nw apparent dat most ofenmanu pple r jst senseless,y shud u attack some1 simply cuz,he said d truth?tufiakwa 2 dis useless nd coward tribe

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ACM10: 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
nass07: Goshhhhhh!!! I like the igbo tribe, I like having them around. But when they start these their passionate hatred and lack of respect and love for other people I begin to wonder if am not making a huge mistake having unconditional love for my fellow sotherners.am yoruba, but then I hate to partake in all of these.

Ndigbo do not hate Yorubas. Just that this is a painful moment of our history. The fact that some of your kinsmen are either denying of justifying it does not help matters. That act is an insult to the collective sensibility of Ndigbo. We must move on, but we are wary of being backstabbed by our fellow southerners. Blame Yoruba elders.

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
Truth, they say, Is always bitter.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Dainfamous: 12:02pm On Oct 07, 2012
If Awo had suggested a less different tactics approach on prosecuting d war, he wld hv been on a better side of history today. U yorubas r just demonstrating d very attitude of tribalism which Awo has always been accused of. Da yoruba regard Awo as a mini god who must not be questioned even after he has made some horrible errors in his time.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ihembakingsley(m): 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
alaoeri: When 'll these Igbos stop ranting over spilled milk & find meaningful things to do afterall if they keepon ranting its doesn't change anything they are still behind yoruba tribe.
And u are happy? What makes u think lgbos r behind yorubas? Educated lazy people.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 07, 2012
ACM10:

Ndigbo do not hate Yorubas. Just that this is a painful moment of our history. The fact that some of your kinsmen are either denying of justifying it does not help matters. That act is an insult to the collective sensibility of Ndigbo. We must move on, but we are wary of being backstabbed by our fellow southerners. Blame Yoruba elders.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ACM10: 12:05pm On Oct 07, 2012
exalt2009: One Question I will love to ask without be bias, where was Zik
Then when all these was going on, Was him in support or against
Because anybody has not mention Zik...Zik ?...the Igbo people should
Ask their leader that what was their contribution to stop the genocide
That you Igbo meant....Everybody knew who profit from the civil war..
Only God will save us..

Zik had been marginalised from power. He had no clout in Alaigbo. Events made him irrelevant. Being part of those who survived the Jan. coup, he was concerned of being seen as a divisive figure. He was simply helpless
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 07, 2012
An average Igbo is a champion of cheating in Business and an average Yoruba is a champion of back-stabbing. We were dragged into that needless civil war, because of the greed of few men. Both tribes should change from their evil ways! The old have given way to the new, in these days and times, the South and the West, should avoid the mistakes of the past and be better men than Ojukwu and Awolowo! The past is history, today is a gift, thats why its called Present.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 07, 2012
What pains Prof. Achebe & the whole of Ndigbo community is not the fact that we were attacked for wanting to be free from a tribalistic set of ppl tagged a nation, but the fact that the people (Yoruba) we loved, cherished & saw as our true brothers, betrayed us & sold us to our known enemies (The Northerners).

We hardly mention Northerners cos we know them & they know us, we two are good opposites, & we know how to settle our feuds, but the Yorubas hve always betrayed Ndigbo who trust them. Igbos love Yorubas, but Yorubas are traitors by nature; they can be so cunning, & what I see Achebe trying to fore-warn Ndigbo is to always be watchful of Yorubas, to always trust them with caution.

Yorubas can sell their friend for selfish gain. Ojukwu released Awolowo from jail, Awolowo publicly agreed that South-West will secede with South-East, then he turned against Biafra on the die-minute.

The Yorubas always forget that Hausas hate them. They always love to jail their heroes- Awolowo, Abiola, Fella, Soyinka, et al. If not for Ojukwu, the Hausas would have killed Awolowo like they killed Abiola & later consoled them cunningly with OBJ whom they know too well won't ever do anything that will favor the Yorubas solely.

Yorubas if sensible enough, ought to have known their true enemies- the Northerners, but envy against Ndigbo economic progress won't ever let them stop hating Ndigbo.

10 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Wislet(f): 12:12pm On Oct 07, 2012
Flawless~diva:

Is statements like this that keeps widening the gap of unionism. We are not one, just aspiring to be. Another thing, the state is already heated up, lets not sweep matters under carpet. When it comes to married coupled, we advice them to settle their differences amicably, so is Nigeria. When matters are swept under the carpet, resentment towards each tribe builds up the more. Lets call a spade a spade. I'm open to mature opinions cos i'm stil a baby in this matter.
nobody is saying sweep issues under the carpet.
Are you people having a meaningful discussion on this thread?
Is fighting blindly and insulting one another the solution to the problem?
When everyone will be ready to dispassionately address the core issues without tribal sentiments, that is when you can say it is time to talk.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2012
DailyNews: What pains Prof. Achebe & the whole of Ndigbo community is not the fact that we were attacked for wanting to be free from a tribalistic set of ppl tagged a nation, but the fact that the people (Yoruba) we loved, cherished & saw as our true brothers, betrayed us & sold us to our known enemies (The Northerners).

We hardly mention Northerners cos we know them & they know us, we two are good opposites, & we know how to settle our feuds, but the Yorubas hve always betrayed Ndigbo who trust them. Igbos love Yorubas, but Yorubas are traitors by nature; they can be so cunning, & what I see Achebe trying to fore-warn Ndigbo is to always be watchful of Yorubas, to always trust them with caution.

Yorubas can sell their friend for selfish gain. Ojukwu released Awolowo from jail, Awolowo publicly agreed that South-West will secede with South-East, then he turned against Biafra on the die-minute.

The Yorubas always forget that Hausas hate them. They always love to jail their heroes- Awolowo, Abiola, Fella, Soyinka, et al. If not for Ojukwu, the Hausas would have killed Awolowo like they killed Abiola & later consoled them cunningly with OBJ whom they know too well won't ever do anything that will favor the Yorubas solely.

Yorubas if sensible enough, ought to have known their true enemies- the Northerners, but envy against Ndigbo economic progress won't ever let them stop hating Ndigbo.

7 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by myola(m): 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2012
My question is how many of you wey dey defend awolowo or achiebe don read the so called book ? We don't know when medias dey take us make money with their sensational stories.

Na achiebe I blamed, if d man no get story to write again no be by force to write book again now.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by enujekorjoseph: 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
Truth must be told, Prof. Achebe has said it all and there is nothing you can do about it because He saw it all!

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Dainfamous: 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
[b]Nigerian hear and listen for blood to stop and peace to reign, we must ask God almighty forgiveness for killing innocent little children,unborn baby and their mother.blood are crying frm the lands toward my ear millions asking for mercy and revenge.prayer and fasting will move my hands frm your country only if the killers asked forgiveness frm the victims,my children are kill there names will be remember from North to South I created by my power and wisdom.if u want peace do the right thing or u are doom. Entire world will remembered u as a history saying this country has everything but they cannot feed their children,I gave them crude oil but they are still poor,I gave them wisdom but they are cowards.poor nations will feed u and rich nations will rule u because u are curse with a curse.A great country is now falling apart repent before it is too late,my hands are open to welcome u and heal your land,be wise my children stop being cowards repent frm your sins,because my judgement is true says the LORD,your land has open and swallow bloods. U are a country that will remain like this until u guys learn one. Two and three SAYS THE GOD.[/b]
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Classicalman(m): 12:18pm On Oct 07, 2012
kindabigg:

Ms Awolowo should learn to respect the views of senior renowned citizens like Achebe. He is also entitled ro his opinions.

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by aryzgreat: 12:19pm On Oct 07, 2012
and i reply Awolowo daughter! "NDIGBO AND D WHOLE BIAFRANS ARE DISAPPOINTED IN AWOLOWO AND U HER DAUGHTER FO DEFENDING A MUDERER"

Awolowo spearheaded the starvation policy dat decimated abt 2million women and children and he called it "war stratey" please awolowo defenders, can u tell me wot awolowo did to integrate back the biafrans after the war? the 3Rs was on paper. Awolowo having achieved his aim of punishing the igbo, re-signed when it was time for his to also bring a policy that will re-habilitate the war victims. Tell me if Satan Awolowo is not on a cleansing agenda?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Wislet(f): 12:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
Billyonaire: An average Igbo is a champion of cheating in Business and an average Yoruba is a champion of back-stabbing. We were dragged into that needless civil war, because of the greed of few men. Both tribes should change from their evil ways! The old have given way to the new, in these days and times, the South and the West, should avoid the mistakes of the past and be better men than Ojukwu and Awolowo! The past is history, today is a gift, thats why its called Present.
Thank you my dear.
May we be wise enough to realize that whatever happens to our nation, it is the man on the street that will bear the brunt.
All these people we keep defending have enough money to jet themselves out of the country, while you that is fighting their battle for them will bear the consequences.
Grow up people! And open your eyes while you're at it.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
Da infamous: [b]Nigerian hear and listen for blood to stop and peace to reign, we must ask God almighty forgiveness for killing innocent little children,unborn baby and their mother.blood are crying frm the lands toward my ear millions asking for mercy and revenge.prayer and fasting will move my hands frm your country only if the killers asked forgiveness frm the victims,my children are kill there names will be remember from North to South I created by my power and wisdom.if u want peace do the right thing or u are doom. Entire world will remembered u as a history saying this country has everything but they cannot feed their children,I gave them crude oil but they are still poor,I gave them wisdom but they are cowards.poor nations will feed u and rich nations will rule u because u are curse with a curse.A great country is now falling apart repent before it is too late,my hands are open to welcome u and heal your land,be wise my children stop being cowards repent frm your sins,because my judgement is true says the LORD,your land has open and swallow bloods. U are a country that will remain like this until u guys learn one. Two and three.[/b]

No, let them not ask for forgiveness, let them keep forming kingpin.

Which tribe in Nigeria is known for violence Any slightest disagreement, such tribe(s) will use it to kill innocent citizens, & yet they want us to keep silent & keep chanting: ONE NIGERIA! With whose blood

Why they refused to let South-Easterners go is greed, greed of oil, greed that southerners will progress too faster than them. Greed than Ndigbo have all wht it takes from technology acumen to economy sense.

Let us peacefully let go of this forced marriage & see who would suffer No. Yet u cant respect Ndigbo.

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Wislet(f): 12:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
DailyNews: What pains Prof. Achebe & the whole of Ndigbo community is not the fact that we were attacked for wanting to be free from a tribalistic set of ppl tagged a nation, but the fact that the people (Yoruba) we loved, cherished & saw as our true brothers, betrayed us & sold us to our known enemies (The Northerners).

is this my dailynews?
Thank u for this dear.
The heart of the matter.
When u're betrayed, especially by someone u took so much to heart, the hurt is not easily wiped away. Especially when they insist they were right.
It's painful.
We can only hope that Nigeria has opened her eyes. Let the evolution of many years not be in vain.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Deage(m): 12:29pm On Oct 07, 2012
Achebe is only saying the truth. The yorubas are the only reason igbos didn't clearly win the civil war. Awolowo knew this, and I believe that is what Achebe is trying to point out. If igbos hadn't been sabotaged on our way to Lagos, I believe history would have had a new twist.

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by iconaus: 12:29pm On Oct 07, 2012
Thank God we have the person of ACHEBE who is internationally known to be bold enough to say the atrocity committed by Nigeria to igbo people. The plan was to annihilate the igbo race but to no avail . It is unbeleiveable that the people that were subjected to total destruction survived and even appear better than their oppressors today . Anyway the more noise you people -yorubas make about the book , the more money Achebe puts in his pucket.

4 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by seechris(m): 12:29pm On Oct 07, 2012
To think about it, he might be saying some truth, those where days of deep conspiracy

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by mu2sa2: 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2012
Fasterboy:
Nairaland is a true representaion of Nigeria. I pray that this country will soon divide let me see how these Yoruba fooools will survive.
You tell us into how many countries Nigeria should divide- 36(no. of states) or 774(no. of local govts) or 250 (no. of tribes). All the people saying Nigeria should divide are SICK.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2012
Wislet: is this my dailynews?
Thank u for this dear.
The heart of the matter.
When u're betrayed, especially by someone u took so much to heart, the hurt is not easily wiped away. Especially when they insist they were right.
It's painful.
We can only hope that Nigeria has opened her eyes. Let the evolution of many years not be in vain.

Yes dear, I feel so glad seeing you here & not in the romance quarters, lol. It hurts so much.

Remember in the Bible, Christ said: woe unto that one that will betray the son of man & give him to the enemies. He never talked about the people that will kill him, the Phariseas, he dwelled much on the one that will betray Him & sell Him to His killers. It hurts even the spirit realm to betray your friend or loved one.

Ndigbo are so bitter & disappointed with Yorubas for always betraying Ndigbo who cherish & trust them & always stood by them. Not because we lost a war, of course in war someone must lose, but is not over yet cos Nigeria is yet at war- BH, etc are more than war, but this time the enemies will slain themselves while Ndigbo watch in ecstasy smiley

3 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by warrior01: 12:34pm On Oct 07, 2012
sneedpahpaz: dude,r Ʊ 4 real?ur post goes 2 show just ow ignorant Ʊ r.....it was a war,both sides were tryn 2 win it,will dey do dat by shaking hands?remember it was dis same ibos dat started d war,so why r dey still bitching abt it?abeg research well b4 Ʊ post anytin...punk!
pls can you tell us how the Igbos started the war?

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Wislet(f): 12:42pm On Oct 07, 2012
DailyNews:

Yes dear, I feel so glad seeing you here & not in the romance quarters, lol. It hurts so much.

Remember in the Bible, Christ said: woe unto that one that will betray the son of man & give him to the enemies. He never talked about the people that will kill him, the Phariseas, he dwelled much on the one that will betray Him & sell Him to His killers. It hurts even the spirit realm to betray your friend or loved one.

Ndigbo are so bitter & disappointed with Yorubas for always betraying Ndigbo who cherish & trust them & always stood by them. Not because we lost a war, of course in war someone must lose, but is not over yet cos Nigeria is yet at war- BH, etc are more than war, but this time the enemies will slain themselves while Ndigbo watch in ecstasy smiley
lol. Romance, ehn?
I like politics too.
And yea... That is the crux of the matter.
Wonder why the yoruba(some) think Igbos hate them. They have no clue.
All these fights are just a way to pour to them the pain they feel as a people about the turn of events, especially when they needed them.
If only they can see the truth.
If you can't help your friend, it is better to remain detached from that situation than to aid (your) the enemy.
Because...after all said and done...(your supposed friends)the same people you aided will not bat an eyelid to do away with you if they have to.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Dainfamous: 12:45pm On Oct 07, 2012
Wislet: lol. Romance, ehn?
I like politics too.
And yea... That is the crux of the matter.
Wonder why the yoruba(some) think Igbos hate them. They have no clue.
All these fights are just a way to pour to them the pain they feel as a people about the turn of events, especially when they needed them.
If only they can see the truth.
If you can't help your friend, it is better to remain detached from that situation than to aid (your) the enemy.
Because...after all said and done...(your supposed friends)the same people you aided will not bat an eyelid to do away with you if they have to.
true

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Borno Residents Reject Repentant Boko Haram Members / IPOB Bans Rearing, Consumption Of Cows In South-Eastern Nigeria / You Are A Bloody Liar!! Nigerians Blasts Reno Omokri Over Tinubu's "Igbo Tape"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.