Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed (41743 Views)

If You Are Disappointed In Buhari Ministerial List, ...... / Danjuma Azemobo Musa Responds To Achebe's New Book / Edo Election: We Are Disappointed – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2012
krispycash: my friend... if i can be permitted to call u that... like u said, his personal experience. .. so apparently not directed to d general igbo populace... only God knows what grudge lay between them then... i mean between awo n achebe. ... no need for all this hostility... if a few would be different and stand out, people would follow suit.... there is no use for d tribal insults... we can state our views and leave it at that leaving out d insults and d curses....
the tribal insults came from useless e warriors like dayokanu, rhino and co turning it into igbo/yoruba bashing like every other thread. yes a lot of igbos hate awolowo and they should after all he was part of the federal executive during the war but then we all love fela, soyinka and fashola even though sometimes nut they commot for fashola head)secondly awolowo is not the only person igbos hate we also hate poeople like T.A orji , ibb, elechi amadi etc whther they are igbo or not.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2012
dealslip: Some of d comments here are S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ childish and lacks substance.

First, would want †̥ revere Mr. Achebe as d foremost writer he was. No doubt things fall apart was a classic and even brought recognition †̥ this country.

Secondly, I̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ appears Mr. Achebe has lost d attention he once enjoyed and has found a means †̥ get I̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ back via d book he wrote. Controversies would definately buy d necessary attention needed.

Thirdly, why wait for S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ many years †̥ release such statements, especially when d main actors H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ gone. In as much as d book was not written when d actors would H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ refuted or confirmed his "revelation", its just pure nonsense.

Also, our Ibo brothers need not view everything with emotions first. Ojukwu and Gowon were at logger head not Awo. Everyone has a right †̥ choose which side, he wants †̥ be. Its not by force †̥ support if u ve seen clearly, I̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ wasn't a battle that can be won. Ojukwu should H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ thought I̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ better before embarking on that Journey. If food was used as a tool of frustration by *NG*. He could H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ easily gotten food from other countries.

Whether any one likes I̶̲̥̅̊t̶̲̥̅̊ or not Pa Awo was d only true nationalist leader *NG* ever had. He led his people †̥ d heights of civilization any other region can't match. Also if our Ibo brothers are still S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ angry. Why do we still find them in d North, West still hustling for money and biz. Thought they are self sufficient and angry at d pogrom and Awo's action. Upon everything, Ojukwu still tried †̥ rule d country he once tried †̥ destroy when he was over 70. Talk about two sides of d mouth. He I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ not different from our regular born †̥ rule leaders.
♍Ɣ mind honestly.
this book is about achebe writting about the war and all the people involved and not igbos writting about yorubas, how hard is it to comprehend, igbos dont hate anybody cus hate is bad for buisness. if what we see in oyo, osun ,ogun and co are civilization to you then am sory for this country but thats off topic. the question remains for those that have actually read the book ,is achebe account of the war accurate or not?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ichidodo: 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
[quote author=4chi]With the persistent insult from the ibos to all what the yorubas hold dear, I want to send a clarion call to all yorubas to begin the process of systematically stifling these ungrateful parasites. I for one will never deal with any ibo man again for any business. I am also going to frustrate the several okoro chaps working for me out of their job.enough is enough.Mark my words from now on, ibos will begin to see the other side of yorubas. Already, landlords are refusing them as tenants and the process of deporting their miscreants back to onitsha has begun. IF YOU PRIMITIVE PIGS DON'T LIKE YORUBAS, GO BACK TO YOUR EROSION RAVAGED,INFERTILE, LANDLOCKED AND CURSED LAND!!! All your leaders from Zik,ojukwu,iwuanyawu,orji kalu,nwobodo, and the crippled Achebe benefited from Yoruba generosity and hospitality, yet you turn round and run your dirty mouths. Thanks to the Internet,we now know what lies in your mind....and if you think you can engage in your normal bragadoccio and nzogbu nzogbu nonsense here, a single unit of OPC will annihilate you. Ask your brothers in okota why they've been behaving themselves since the incidence of 2002. Anuofia!

[/quote ]EJOR.GBE ENU SAUUN! SHUT YAR SHIITTY-MOUTH. DATS IS HOW U AGBEROS BEHAVE. WE, IGBOS DONT GIVE A FU**CK BOUT U GUYS. U NEVA GAVE ANYBODY HOSPITALITY, WE 'CHANCED' URE COWARDLY-A55ES TO EVERYTHIN GOOD IN THE NIGERIAN SOCIETY, AND U AS AN INDIVIDUAL CAN ROAST IN HELL WIT URE AWO-OLE. YIRIBAS R ENVIOUS AND JEALOUS FOLKS. BLACK CHEWIN-STICK NIGGAS.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by hotwax: 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2012
igbos dont hate anybody , we live all over nigeria ,employ people from all over nigeria , marry from all the tribes. achebe criticizing awolowo and gowon who where heading the federal government during the war does not mean igbos hate yorubas, use your brain for once.

Which igbo state is friendly to visitors as yoruba states.
Critize your leaders who have been selling you since. You will leave the truth and blame other people for your downfall.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by olivertwist: 4:20pm On Oct 07, 2012
Dede1: Why should telling the plain truth turned into controversy by certain moronic Nigerians? Awolowo had mercurially defended his policy of starvation as a weapon of war in several interviews he conducted. He even went further to elaborate by stating it was foolhardy to feed your enemy to be strong so as to continue fighting and prolonging the war.

In as much as we all regret the events that happened during the avoidable 1967 civil war, let's imagine for a second that reverse is the case during the civil war, in other words, the power to starve Nigerians lies in the hand of Biafrans. Would Ojukwu and his other Biafra warlords have been kind enough not to use starvation against Nigeria as a weapon of war? Would they have continued to feed their perceived enemy (Nigeria) to be strong so as to continue fighting Biafra and thereby prolonging the war?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by tivic(m): 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2012
Achebe is a congenital and pathological liar. Chief Awolowo has a message for him
http://howtobeanigerian..com/2012/10/chief-obafemi-awolowosan-replies-chinua.html
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by member479760: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
After 42 years the old man is not helping things out in this country but creating controversial issue.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2012
hotwax:

Which igbo state is friendly to visitors as yoruba states.
Critize your leaders who having selling you since. You will leave the truth and blame other people for your downfall.
non igbos live in every corner of igboland , you should travel more often rather than wallow in ignorance . i have never heard of non igbos in igboland complaining since i was born. the same cannot be said about hausaland and yorubaland where inter ethnic clashes have been occuring.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Biafrarep(m): 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2012
krispycash: its sad how the words of one man, can cause so much raucous amongst friends... please if you're bitter about what they say awo did when he was alive, why don't u wait till u die then lodge a formal complaint against him anywhere u land... cool H" or hot h". which ever way, your hatred for your fellow man will only make u like the person u claim is evil... im a proud yoruba boy... my best friend was igbo, he's late and i still shed tears when i think of him... i love the igbo tribe... so why hate d Yoruba? u might just age on time cos of d grudge you carry... so my igbo brothers n sisters. . love your neighbor as yourself... heaven and hell are for real...
I like the way you talk, so matured, i personally do not bear any grudge against and i know that both tribes hold the ace to the progress and development of this country but the world aclaimed statesman Achebe bared his mind on what happened during the war, as an active player thereof, apparently he is not happy with what happened and is still taking place in this country, Achebe touched a raw nerve with yorubas because he said the truth about Awolowo? Now they should consider the message not the messenger, one of Africas most influencial men who is now in the twilight of his life recounted what took place then not to cause bad blood btw Igbos and Yorubas but for posterity.

5 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by s1(m): 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
what does he want to achieve with this old stories,this old man should show us how to move forward in this country instead of remembring us about a war that has come and gone.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2012
olivertwist:

In as much as we all regret the events that happened during the avoidable 1967 civil war, let's imagine for a second that reverse is the case during the civil war, in other words, the power to starve Nigerians lies in the hand of Biafrans. Would Ojukwu and his other Biafra warlords have been kind enough not to use starvation against Nigeria as a weapon of war? Would they have continued to feed their perceived enemy (Nigeria) to be strong so as to continue fighting Biafra and thereby prolonging the war?

some people can claim that what happened was right(Like you claim) while some can claim that is was wrong but what achebe did is just state what happened. if the case were reversed, they war would not have continued cus igbos will have seen it as an opportunity to finally leave nigeria from the dominance of the north.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ichidodo: 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2012
madridsta007: Hitler, the head Nazi was a German. All Germans were not Nazi. Same with the Yoruba Nation. All Yoruba's are not Awoists even though all Awoists are Yorubas.

There are still Yoruba's, non-Awoists that know and have known that all that Achebe wrote in his book is true and the seeming defence of Awo is an insult to Ndi Igbos and Nigerians and a vain attempt to distort history. These Yorubas have a conscience and many have apologised to the Igbos for the genocidal misdeeds of their patriarch Awo and want to move on to greater heights with them to build Nigeria.

On behalf of the non-Awoists and Yorubas with consciences we apologise to the Igbos.
ON BEHALF OF MY LATE ANTY MARGARETH, WHO LOST HER LIFE TO STARVATION AT A TENDER AGE OF 10 AND TO THOSE KIDS( MORE THAN A MILLION OF THEM) WHO DIED BECAUSE OF AWO-OL*. I ACCEPT URE APOLOGY.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Alumnus: 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2012
DailyNews: What pains Prof. Achebe & the whole of Ndigbo community is not the fact that we were attacked for wanting to be free from a tribalistic set of ppl tagged a nation, but the fact that the people (Yoruba) we loved, cherished & saw as our true brothers, betrayed us & sold us to our known enemies (The Northerners).

We hardly mention Northerners cos we know them & they know us, we two are good opposites, & we know how to settle our feuds, but the Yorubas hve always betrayed Ndigbo who trust them. Igbos love Yorubas, but Yorubas are traitors by nature; they can be so cunning, & what I see Achebe trying to fore-warn Ndigbo is to always be watchful of Yorubas, to always trust them with caution.

Yorubas can sell their friend for selfish gain. Ojukwu released Awolowo from jail, Awolowo publicly agreed that South-West will secede with South-East, then he turned against Biafra on the die-minute.

The Yorubas always forget that Hausas hate them. They always love to jail their heroes- Awolowo, Abiola, Fella, Soyinka, et al. If not for Ojukwu, the Hausas would have killed Awolowo like they killed Abiola & later consoled them cunningly with OBJ whom they know too well won't ever do anything that will favor the Yorubas solely.

Yorubas if sensible enough, ought to have known their true enemies- the Northerners, but envy against Ndigbo economic progress won't ever let them stop hating Ndigbo.
You have summed it up, the Hausas are hardly mentioned in this whole issue which is likely because their positions are well known. Even David's anger was more than Achebe's own when he wrote in Psalm 55: 12-15 "For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him: But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance. We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company. Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them."

Complaining about Achebe's book gives credence to the fact that he is saying the truth. This should be the time to heal our wounds but how can that be done if the people that inflicted the wounds sees our injury as well deserved and hate to hear any mention of it? Nobody among those accusing him has come out so far to say that what he wrote is a lie, most arguments have have been based only on emotions of protecting the memory of "The Dead" at the expense of the memories of over 2million others who who were starved to death for what they knew nothing about. If we continue to insist that all is fair in war why are there RULES OF ENGAGEMENTS in warfares? why are Prisoners of war protected because one will expect all enemies to be killed? Can't we understand the difference between Genocide and Wars?

I wasn't born during the war but how can I read things like this and not be offended as an Igbo "I want see no Red Cross, no Caritas, no World Council of Churches, no pope, no missionary, and no United Nations Delegation. I want to prevent even one Igbo from having even one piece to eat before their capitulation. We shoot at everything that moves and when our troops march into the center of Igbo territory, we shoot at everything even a things that don’t move”—Benjamin Adekunle

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by ichidodo: 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2012
tivic: Achebe is a congenital and pathological liar. Chief Awolowo has a message for him
http://howtobeanigerian..com/2012/10/chief-obafemi-awolowosan-replies-chinua.html
AND ACHEBE DOES NOT WANT TO HEAR IT. IS IT BY FORCE?! THE TRUTH HAS REVEALED ITSELF, LET ACHEBE BE.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2012
Nigeria people - what is the end game after over 200,000 comments in the last three days??

The back and forth is boring now, shvt the fvck up!!! undecided undecided

Awolowo is dead - and Achebe wasn't in Nigeria during the war... undecided undecided
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by DonTim1: 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2012
Wherever there is an igbo person, trouble lurks ,dia arrogance is ubiquitous,only good at evil deeds,rituals et al, always looking for means to outsmart unsuspecting ones.

I have a question however,shouldn't d ibos knw nw dat they r short of neighbors n avoid uneccesary enemies?

Like som1 said,d yorubas have moved past u,accept n follow.

Same reason they r so far from presidency!
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2012
shymexx: Nigeria people - what is the end game after over 200,000 comments in the last three days??

Awolowo is dead - and Achebe wasn't in Nigeria during the war... undecided undecided
he was in lagos when the war started before moving back to the east.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2012
Awolowo to Achebe: We are disappointed
On October 7, 2012 · In News

The storm generated by renown novelist, Prof Chinua Achebe, over his claim that war-time Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon, and the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo formulated the policy of genocide against Igbo during the civil war continued, yesterday.

Awolowo’s daughter, Dr (Mrs) Tokunbo Awolowo-Dosunmu, said she was disappointed about Achebe’s claim.

She also hinted that the Awolowo family may issue a formal response on the controversial claim by the novelist in his latest memoir on Biafra, ‘There was a country’.

But a former governor of Anambra State, Dr Chinwoke Mbadinuju, said whatever Achebe said about the civil war should be taken seriously.

Mbadinuju cited the novelist’s antecedents.

Awolowo was the vice chairman of the Federal Executive Council (FEC), equivalent of deputy to Gowon, during the civil war.

Dr Awolowo-Dosunmu told Sunday Vanguard, yesterday, while responding to the Achebe claim: “One is still trying to come to terms with the sense of disappointment about the person who wrote what is now a brewing controversy in the country.

“While a formal statement responding to the offensive comments of the writer is being prepared by the family all I can say for now is that I feel so disappointed”.

But, Mbadinuju, defending Achebe, said: “I have not read the book. I don’t want to speculate. During the civil war, I was studying in the United States of America. However, I have absolute confidence in Prof Chinua Achebe. He is an acclaimed international scholar and figure; whatever he says about the civil war should be taken seriously.

That's a typical Igbo leader defending Achebe there. Mbadinuju says we should take Achebe seriously. Hurray!!!!!
He had absolute confidence in a pathological liar, an old bitter racist dead living! Even if he eventual read the book and later find his name among the combatant in the worthless memoir, it would not matter that he was in US during the war, Mbadinuju would still have absolute confidence in Achebe. A typical Igbo leader that shoot before aiming at target.

Who is this Mbadinuju to even recommend who to take seriously or not? The same man that did not pay workers salaries for more than eighteen months. The man that engineered the assassination of the NBA chairman in his state together with his pregnant wife. The same man that is absolutely worthless in the schemes of things. That's a typical Igbo leader for you. I am shocked to my marrow, dumbfounded that Mbadinuju is yet to blame Awolowo for the way he ruined Anambra.

Eeyah, spoils of war, is it our fault that we are strategic in outlook, thinking, actions and association! Is it our fault that you brought avoidable misery upon your fathers? is it our fault that you ignored Awo's counsel to shelve war plans? is it our fault that you did not see food security as strategic to your victory? Is it Awolowo fault that while Okigbo was fighting at the battle front, Achebe was a roving cultural ambassador, amassing all the estacodes and feeding his family fat while the masses rot away with kwashiorkor?

See what Ngige (one of your sons who is now learning what strategy is all about from real leaders) said about this worthless Mbadinuju here:

A former Governor of Anambra State, Dr. Chris Ngige, representing Anambra Central Senatorial District in the National Assembly on Saturday in Abuja defended his reversal of the policies put in place by his predecessor, Dr. Chinweoke Mbadinuju, saying the reversal was for the good of the people.

He also described as “outright lies,” claims by Mbadinuju threatening to expose his (Ngige’s) misdeeds while in office.

Mbadinuju had in an interview stated that Ngige was the Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party in the state during his administration between 1999 and 2003.

He said, “Ngige was my man when I was governor; he was the secretary of the PDP in Anambra and when he came to Abuja, I accommodated him, I bought a car and gave him work.

“But when he became governor, he colluded with my opponents, “the Ubas” and tried to reverse everything I had done. He did his best to try to reverse them. It is not fair.”

But Ngige in a statement said that ordinarily he would not have bothered responding to Mbadinuju’s “false” claims, but for the sake of setting the records straight.

He said, “It is true that I reversed three of his major policies which included non-payment of salaries to workers and pension to pensioners as and when due. I paid all from the first day I entered office and went on to pay his accumulated arrears.

“I also reversed his illegal revocation and acquisition of the land previously allocated to the Central Bank of Nigeria, which he revoked and gave to the Better Bread Organisation, an NGO solely owned by his wife and members of his family.

“I did not only reverse the revocation, but also re-allocated the land to the original allotees- the CBN and handed over the Certificate of Occupancy to the then CBN Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, and that marked the beginning of the construction of CBN in Awka, an edifice which has turned to be a pride of joy to the state.

Ngige further threatened to expose Mbadinuju further if the latter made any public comment on him again.

“I have spoken to him, and for me, those who live in glass houses should not throw stones. And if any other time I read any commentary from him about me or my administration, I will do what is not governmental by exposing to the public everything I saw and read from both public policy and confidential files which I regard as being anti -people of Anambra state,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-will-expose-you-ngige-replies-mbadinuju/

That's Mbadinuju, the man who has absolute confidence in Achebe. Birds of same feather flock together! Spoils of war, take heart.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by DuduNegro: 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2012
What he wrote is indeed a lie. The issue of hatred revolves around two grievances.

1. Food blockade
2. Forfeited savings accounts.

What responsibilities did Ojukwu have, as a leader of his people, to prevent their starvation? None of you is talking about.

Let us say you and your family are barricaded behind doors and a police squad lays siege outside your home asking for you to come out and be arrested. They are refusing to leave without first arresting you. It has been a week, you ran out of food stock already and if prolonged further your family will begin to starve. Would you remain barricaded and watch your family suffer? The police wants to force you out, they are not there to starve or kill your family. If your family get to the point of starvation and begin dying its because you failed them not because police are cruel.

On the money issue...... i have yet to hear anyone explain what this money is, maybe you can. What is this savings that ibos lost and cannot regain?

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2012
Don Tim: Wherever there is an igbo person, trouble lurks ,dia arrogance is ubiquitous,only good at evil deeds,rituals et al, always looking for means to outsmart unsuspecting ones.

I have a question however,shouldn't d ibos knw nw dat they r short of neighbors n avoid uneccesary enemies?

Like som1 said,d yorubas have moved past u,accept n follow.

Same reason they r so far from presidency!
bla bla bla bla, typical yoruba , you didnt cry when obj published his own. go and drink one pack of rat poison for all i care, product of a failed nation.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2012
Dudu_Negro: What he wrote is indeed a lie. The issue of hatred revolves around two grievances.

1. Food blockade
2. Forfeited savings accounts.

What responsibilities did Ojukwu have, as a leader of his people, to prevent their starvation? None of you is talking about.

Let us say you and your family are barricaded behind doors and a police squad lays siege outside your home asking for you to come out and be arrested. They are refusing to leave without first arresting you. It has been a week, you ran out of food stock already and if prolonged further your family will begin to starve. Would you remain barricaded and watch your family suffer? The police wants to force you out, they are not there to starve or kill your family. If your family get to the point of starvation and begin dying its because you failed them not because police are cruel.

On the money issue...... i have yet to hear anyone explain what this money is, maybe you can. What is this savings that ibos lost and cannot regain?

Concise, straightforward summary from a patently good head. They won't blame Ojukwu who could have prevented the deaths but did not. Of course, they would blame Awolowo whose job was to defeat the Biafrans and nothing more.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by tuasefemi(m): 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2012
Honestly,I never knew this old man is this so useless. Where was he when Papa Awo was alive? Why did he keep mute all this while when he had something of such "importance" in his dirty mind? Cowardice I suppose!
Achebe's supposed to be an elder state man to this country especially at this critical time not to put petrol into already burning fire
Let me advise these kids that are clamouring for inter-tribal war,I bet u know nothing Ơ̴̴͡f what u are talking about-ask ur parents(the reasonable ones though).The old man will soon drop,be wise!
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2012
bashr8: he was in lagos when the war started before moving back to the east.

And subsquently left the country before the war ended... He didn't even fight during the war, so why is he heating up the polity for no reason??

Have you checked all Nigerian blogs, forums, online news outlets etc...??

It's just only a matter of time before shyte will hit the fan, and all the online drama will get transfered into real life...

You guys need to defuse this madness before it consumes you...

However, Achebe will be wherever he's, writing another memoir in the next 20 years(if he's still alive)..

2 Likes

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2012
tuasefemi: Honestly,I never knew this old man is this so useless. Where was he when Papa Awo was alive? Why did he keep mute all this while when he had something of such "importance" in his dirty mind? Cowardice I suppose!
Achebe's supposed to be an elder state man to this country especially at this critical time not to put petrol into already burning fire
Let me advise these kids that are clamouring for inter-tribal war,I bet u know nothing Ơ̴̴͡f what u are talking about-ask ur parents(the reasonable ones though).The old man will soon drop,be wise!
unfortunately awo was in the federal cabinet when the war occured, achebe cannot include everyone that participated in the war on both sides and exclude awolowo because yorubas love him , that will be a dumb thing to do.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by bashr8: 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2012
shymexx:

And subsquently left the country before the war ended... He didn't even fight during the war, so why is he heating up the polity for no reason??

Have you checked all Nigerian blogs, forums, online news outlets etc...??

It's just only a matter of time before shyte will hit the fan, and all the online drama will get transfered into real life...

You guys need to defuse this madness before it consumes you...

However, Achebe will be wherever he's, writing another memoir in the next 20 years(if he's still alive)..
if shit gets real means finally ending the false one nigeria and disintegretion then we will be very happy. why are the so called online forums not attacking achebe for writting about gowon too? why is their anger directed at igbos and swearing rather than countering achebes fact like matured people? that is because this is an opportunity for them all to say what have been on their mind but have been pretending and shouting one nigeria.

remember a nigerian yoruba chief justice or something like that once made a public statement sometime last year that if igbos dare try to leave nigeria again the govt will use starvation and wipe them out , maybe you were not a member when it was disccussed here last year, now who hates who? lets stop deceiving ourselves.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by olivertwist: 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2012
bashr8: some people can claim that what happened was right(Like you claim) while some can claim that is was wrong but what achebe did is just state what happened. if the case were reversed, they war would not have continued cus igbos will have seen it as an opportunity to finally leave nigeria from the dominance of the north.

Thanks for your sincerety.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2012
shymexx:

The old racist bitter English professor is nothing more than a pathological liar! He doesn't believe in Biafra for one second! Okigbo was killed in action during the war! Even Ojukwu, clueless as he was, managed to kill one or two Nigerian soldiers and executed Banjo. Where was Achebe? He cornered all the food, fed his family fat and fled the country for America. A typical Igbo leader.

Even Soyinka, because of his pro Biafra actions, was nabbed and imprisoned for the rest of the war. What has he-Achebe as a person- suffered as a result of the war?
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by nduchucks: 4:59pm On Oct 07, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

The above is really the only issue I have against Ojukwu. I lost some relatives due to the said starvation - I actually lost relatives on both sides.

The blockade was designed to put a quick end to the war, but instead of Ojukwu calling it off, he used the food supplies which were coming to biafra through the red cross for troops, while women and children died in vain.

Instead of surrendering when it became obvious that the war had been lost, Ojukwu and his officers ambushed the Red Cross vehicles and took the foods to their friends and to their collaborators and to their children , while the e masses were suffering. It was these attacks on Red Cross food supplies which resulted in the complete termination of Red Cross activities in biafra. It was after the food supplies were completely cut off because of the activities of the biafran army that most of the starvation we read about took place. If there was genocide, it was perpetrated by Ojukwu and his officers for the reasons I've stated.

Its a shame that Achebe is now using these unfortunate events to make money. SMH

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by DuduNegro: 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2012
........i should add, that Ojukwu had three options he could have invoked and he did not. Instead he choosed to starve his people so their death could be weapons for more propaganda and ultimately force international support and recognition for Biafra.

At the point where people were starvung here are options he knew but abandoned

1. call for a halt and suspension of attacks and return to negotiation table
2. call for a truce and immediate return of Biafra to the Nigerian sovereingty
3. surrender himself and the Biafran Army.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Biafrarep(m): 5:01pm On Oct 07, 2012
shymexx: Nigeria people - what is the end game after over 200,000 comments in the last three days??

fallacy! Achebe was in Lagos, the then nations capital and had to sneak out with his wife and children in a cargo ship when the war broke out, he later became a minister in Biafra and was among delegates that went around the world seeking for ceasefire.

1 Like

Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2012
ndu_chucks:

The above is really the only issue I have against Ojukwu. I lost some relatives due to the said starvation - I actually lost relatives on both sides.

The blockade was designed to put a quick end to the war, but instead of Ojukwu calling it off, he used the food supplies which were coming to biafra through the red cross for troops while women and children died in vain.

Instead of surrendering when it became obvious that the war had been lost, Ojukwu and his officers ambushed the Red Cross vehicles and took the foods to their friends and to their collaborators and to their children , while the e masses were suffering. It was these attacks on Red Cross food supplies which resulted in the complete termination of Red Cross activities in biafra. It was after the food supplies were completely cut off because of the activities of the biafran army that most of the starvation we read about took place. If there was genocide, it was perpetrated by Ojukwu and his officers for the reasons I've stated.

Its a shame that Achebe is now using these unfortunate events to make money. SMH

Good thinking, good product. This is another good comment from a very good head. A good leader would sacrifice himself, his ambitions for his people. A bad leader would sacrifice millions of his people to preserve his life. It's not even rocket science, it's common sense.

They will not hold Ojukwu responsible for their miseries. Okoros will blame Awolowo and continue to blame for their perpetual miseries.
Re: Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed by hotwax: 5:03pm On Oct 07, 2012
A̶̲̥̅​ coward liar. Why didn't he write this when awo was alive? Why accusing the dead. Noble lunatic. I used to respect him before, but henceforth my perception of him has changed. What's all these noble blah blah. Wole Soyinka had it. And Osama also had it. Its not new to us.

Abeg go suck your toilet tissue called novel. We are not interested. Pls pls. Technology is advancing. Abeg how many Nigerians are into stem cell research? Let's change the topic joor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

See People Rocking Febuhari T-shirt - Photos / Patience Jonathan Recovers Her Hotel From EFCC In Abuja / WTO: FG Moves To Counter US Position On Okonjo-iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.