Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,499 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

NL Monthly Political Debate - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Monthly Political Debate (50130 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Caught Cheating In Anambra Political Debate. / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by nitlad: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2012
Jarus you've had your fill concerning endorsements. Make the topic official already!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 4:49pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ok, let's settle for that.

I'm just thinking that it's too early, four weeks to debate, and we may have better topic before the one-week-to-debate deadline.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Demdem(m): 4:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
Jarus: Ok, let's settle for that.

I'm just thinking that it's too early, four weeks to debate, and we may have better topic before the one-week-to-debate deadline.

i agree, lets wait a bit for others to contribute. Its pretty early.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by nitlad: 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
ok nah... No long thing.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Chrisbenogor(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
I feel that since we started from the debate about Nigeria's History, let us move on to topics that talk about the type of Government we run and how it has affected our development. Military, Democracy, Parliamentary etc which system would best suit Nigeria.

#justsaying
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by nitlad: 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
^^^
Are we trying to follow a chronological order/pattern of Nigeria's history with the debate topics, or just random but pertinent topics?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
olawalebabs:

State Police: Are we ready for it?

Great topic. In fact I'm ready to argue in favour of state police.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by olawalebabs(m): 8:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
Picking a contemporary issue for debate will do us good instead of just choosing the 'academic' type of topics.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Kilode1: 4:53am On Oct 31, 2012
State Police is a very relevant topic.

I approve.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
+1 for State Police
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DeepSight(m): 9:23pm On Oct 31, 2012
Hallo Jarus, I'd like to indicate my interest in the monthly political debate. I am particularly interested in the SNC topic. . . . . .
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 9:37pm On Oct 31, 2012
Deep Sight:
Hallo Jarus, I'd like to indicate my interest in the monthly political debate. I am particularly interested in the SNC topic. . . . . .

Not sure we'll be going back to SNC again, but your interest is noted. Stay close to this thread for update.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Kilode1: 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
Deep Sight:

Please whatever topic Deep Sight wants to debate, let us have it next. I want more of those religious section "philosophers" here.

@Jarus, BTW, I thought you said two debates: Saturday/Sunday, or did I read that wrong? What happened to the SNC debate last week? No takers?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by SisiKill1: 10:19pm On Oct 31, 2012
Raising hand for State Police (Not supporting it or supporting it, saying I support it as a good debate topic tongue )

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by OAM4J: 10:26pm On Oct 31, 2012
Yeah, "State Police" will be a good topic.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DeepSight(m): 10:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Raising hand for State Police (Not supporting it or not supporting it, saying I support it as a good debate topic tongue )

OAM4J: Yeah, "State Police" will be a good topic.

BIG ISSUE ! ! ! !
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 7:53am On Nov 01, 2012
Kilode?!:

@Jarus, BTW, I thought you said two debates: Saturday/Sunday, or did I read that wrong? What happened to the SNC debate last week? No takers?

Two debaters pulled out. Our initial plan was that the 4 debaters would be paired to debate amalgamation on Saturday while the 2 winners debate SNC on Sunday. The other two debaters didnt show up, so we had to make the amalgamation final.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by cheddarking(m): 5:17pm On Nov 01, 2012
Jarus

I definitely want to argue AGAINST state police if chance dey grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DeepSight(m): 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
cheddarking: Jarus

I definitely want to argue AGAINST state police if chance dey grin

Ok, I would want to argue for.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by NegroNtns(m): 1:08am On Nov 02, 2012
Jarus and OAM4J,

I believe in one of your posts in this thread you guys inferred that this debate project is aimed at coordinating ideas and insights with government proposals and policies. I am yet to see anyone align their ideas to the human pain and suffering of the common man; inspite plenty of theories have been shared and argued already.

We are quick as citizens to complain and lament that our elected officials are not responsive and are insensitive to our pain. Well we are demonstrating now that we lack the skill as well that it would take to be good administrators and social planners when our turn comes to sit in their positions.

I wonder why you are plucking topics from the air...state police will be next topic;.....and how will this discussion attach to and address pragmatic issues for society?

Anyway, here's a suggestion.....I propose that we use the order of business in our national assembly as topic for dialogue and debates in NL. What they discuss and pass into law impact us directly in society. Discussing it here will bring knowledge sharing and opportunity for research and as well attunement to national issues...it enriches awareness and promotes civic knowledge and empowerement.

Take a look and if you agree then make it available for us on this platform. If you do not agree with me then please review and tighten the expectations on current project delivery so as to extend the benefits of an idea or theory beyond the cerebral point......assuming that social upliftment is still a commitment for the initiative.

http://www.nassnig.org/nass/legislation.php

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 12:23pm On Nov 02, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Jarus and OAM4J,

I believe in one of your posts in this thread you guys inferred that this debate project is aimed at coordinating ideas and insights with government proposals and policies. I am yet to see anyone align their ideas to the human pain and suffering of the common man; inspite plenty of theories have been shared and argued already.

We are quick as citizens to complain and lament that our elected officials are not responsive and are insensitive to our pain. Well we are demonstrating now that we lack the skill as well that it would take to be good administrators and social planners when our turn comes to sit in their positions.

I wonder why you are plucking topics from the air...state police will be next topic;.....and how will this discussion attach to and address pragmatic issues for society?

Anyway, here's a suggestion.....I propose that we use the order of business in our national assembly as topic for dialogue and debates in NL. What they discuss and pass into law impact us directly in society. Discussing it here will bring knowledge sharing and opportunity for research and as well attunement to national issues...it enriches awareness and promotes civic knowledge and empowerement.

Take a look and if you agree then make it available for us on this platform. If you do not agree with me then please review and tighten the expectations on current project delivery so as to extend the benefits of an idea or theory beyond the cerebral point......assuming that social upliftment is still a commitment for the initiative.

http://www.nassnig.org/nass/legislation.php
Noted.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 02, 2012
Please Am interested in this debate and the topic state police even though its not been long i joined NL, but i've started donating my contributions to this politics section...Hope that validates me grin...
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by damas11111(m): 2:36pm On Nov 03, 2012
Following and ready to contribute as needed. Would have loved to debate but schedule no gree. shocked shocked shocked
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by damas11111(m): 2:43pm On Nov 03, 2012
"State Police" is a good topic. Endorsed!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obinoscopy(m): 3:35pm On Nov 04, 2012
How about the second debate topic? I'm thinking of 'State Creation' - for or against?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DeepSight(m): 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
Obinoscopy: How about the second debate topic? I'm thinking of 'State Creation' - for or against?

AGAINST O!
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 04, 2012
Obinoscopy: How about the second debate topic? I'm thinking of 'State Creation' - for or against?

It'll be interesting to see who would DARE speak in favour.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Obinoscopy(m): 9:36am On Nov 05, 2012
HNosegbe:

It'll be interesting to see who would DARE speak in favour.

Anyone can speak in favour of State Creation, even you! wink grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2012
Floor is hereby declared open for discussions on topics and debaters for November edition. Date remains November 24-25, 2012. 6-9pm Nigerian time.

Suggested topics:
1, State Police - are we ready for it?
2, Should FG negotiate with Boko Haram?
3, The Nigerian Legislative proceess as it stands now, can we achieve progress with it?
4, Parliamentary or Presidential system, which better suits Nigeria?

All subject to modification

More still welcome.

We have till Friday to decide.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by wesley80(m): 11:46pm On Nov 12, 2012
Jarus:
Noted.
"Noted" wont do, your honest opinion might. He's made a very useful suggestion that just might elevate these debates which at the moment are no more than mere cyber exercises that serves little purpose other than create an avenue for some well versed folks to regale us with their intellectual sagacity (Excluding Seun, 10,000 views must surely serve some purpose). My point is these debates can actually mean more. Think of a debate on a pressing issue and an online petition created on its heel and signed by upwards of 5,000 citizens! i think its worth a try, no?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by olawalebabs(m): 5:58am On Nov 13, 2012
Jarus: Floor is hereby declared open for discussions on topics and debaters for November edition. Date remains November 24-25, 2012. 6-9pm Nigerian time.

Suggested topics:
1, State Police - are we ready for it?
2, Should FG negotiate with Boko Haram?
3, The Nigerian Legislative proceess as it stands now, can we achieve progress with it?
4, Parliamentary or Presidential system, which better suits Nigeria?

All subject to modification

More still welcome.

We have till Friday to decide.

Still standing for the first topic: State police, are we ready for it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (37) (Reply)

Young Man Fell Off Speeding Train In Lagos This Morning - Pics / Lady Sara Forbes The Yoruba Slave Who Became Goddaughter To The Queen Of England / Buhari’s Past Haunts: As Lagos Youths Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.