Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

NL Monthly Political Debate - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NL Monthly Political Debate (50137 Views)

Ifeanyi Uba Caught Cheating In Anambra Political Debate. / 1914 Amalgamation - A Historical Mistake? : Nairaland Political Debate / Gov Orji Walks Out Of Political Debate!can It Affect His Election? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Kilode1: 8:05pm On Nov 21, 2012
Deep Sight:

Lol. I have this friend who always uses this term "aiyelala" as an exclamation. what the hell does it mean? ? ?

She is a great goddess from my part of the country. She dispenses stomach bursting justice without fear or favour.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2012
Less than 72 hours to the debate day, nobody has come to express interest to argue against State Police. All the 3 volunteers are FOR.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Katsumoto: 9:45pm On Nov 21, 2012
Jarus: Less than 72 hours to the debate day, nobody has come to express interest to argue against State Police. All the 3 volunteers are FOR.

May I suggest that in future, you select a topic after gauging expressions of interest for and against a motion.

As for Saturday, the three candidates can argue for the same motion, critique each others argument/position, and judges can select a winner based on the criteria that has been established.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by InesQor(m): 10:23pm On Nov 21, 2012
Deep Sight:

If i'm selected, that is!

Longest time my dear friend, how you dey? Hit me up by email joor. cheers
Hehehe cheesy How's work sir? I am not certain I recall your email address. Please drop your email address into my NL private message box.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 11:04am On Nov 22, 2012
Nobody is showing up to argue against STATE POLICE.

This means this month's edition will not be a debate but a DIALOGUE.

We have to modify the procedure then.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 11:32am On Nov 22, 2012
Oh, I just saw that Cheddarking signified interest in arguing against state police. He is selected.

But we are still goin on with the new style, which is a dialogue.

So our final list

1, HNOSEGBE
2, DEEPSIGHT
3, CHEDDARKING
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DeepSight(m): 3:25pm On Nov 22, 2012
You could also change the topic to SNC (sovereign national conference) or rotational presidency if that would get more takers?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2012
Deep Sight:

You could also change the topic to SNC (sovereign national conference) or rotational presidency if that would get more takers?
Oga, this one that you're still about different topic when we have settled for teh topic for over a week now, I hope you know what thsi prograame is about. Pls go through last month's edition to see how it went. This is less than 48 hours to the even when one would thought you had composed your presentation, you are still talking about changing topic.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by PhysicsQED(m): 8:16pm On Nov 22, 2012
Interesting topic, but I won't be available to judge. Good luck to the debaters.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by DeepSight(m): 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2012
Jarus:
Oga, this one that you're still about different topic when we have settled for teh topic for over a week now, I hope you know what thsi prograame is about. Pls go through last month's edition to see how it went. This is less than 48 hours to the even when one would thought you had composed your presentation, you are still talking about changing topic.

No wahala sir! No vex o, don't worry I no go mess up.... was only worried about the absence of takers
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 22, 2012
I'm rather disappointed that many of the known "faces" of Nairaland who have strongly opposed state police in the past have conveniently shied away from airing their views in this particular debate. This would have been a golden opportunity to demonstrate, in clear, logical and unambiguous terms, why Nigeria is not ready for it. Alas, they have all (with the exception of Cheddarking) been found wanting when it matters most.

Anyways, it won't take away the glamour from the debate. I'm looking forward to it. cool
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Chedarking: 12:39am On Nov 23, 2012
JARUS

I Just sent you a PM
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 10:42am On Nov 23, 2012
Chedarking: JARUS

I Just sent you a PM
Seen. No problems.

We still need more presenters, if anyone is still interested.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 23, 2012
Jarus: I hereby call out ILUGUNBOY to come and argue AGAINST state police, based on his comment in this thread on Nov 13:

https://www.nairaland.com/1101758/arewa-abolish-indigene-settler-policy#12949425

Oya, the man from Egba should come and formally defend his position o. Whoever comes across him should tell him he is wanted here o

I'm going back to dig up more history.

Lolzzzz.... grin Jarus, pls check your PM.

Honestly would have love to participate on this one, but I have a commitment with some accounting students this weekend at Wyse.

I doubt if I can do justice to this topic the way it deserved.

I will excuse myself for this weekend debate.

By the way, am an advocate of state police but with some conditions.....

1. Having strong institutions rather than strong personalities....this presently is not obtainable in our own "democracy"

2. Decentralized and regional govt...where power resides with the chief regional police officer.

I could do this topic but honestly I wont be available online this weekend.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 11:05am On Nov 23, 2012
I'm highly disappointed in the fact that we are struggling to get quality participants in this exercise.

One would have thought our A-list contributors in this section would use this opportunity to stamp their rating.

Guys dey fall my hand o
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 11:11am On Nov 23, 2012
ilugunboy:

Lolzzzz.... grin Jarus, pls check your PM.

Honestly would have love to participate on this one, but I have a commitment with some accounting students this weekend at Wyse.

I doubt if I can do justice to this topic the way it deserved.

I will excuse myself for this weekend debate.

By the way, am an advocate of state police but with some conditions.....

1. Having strong institutions rather than strong personalities....this presently is not obtainable in our own "democracy"

2. Decentralized and regional govt...where power resides with the chief regional police officer.

I could do this topic but honestly I wont be available online this weekend.
Check your email. I responded immediately.

1 Like

Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by subterfuge: 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2012
It is a pity that state police will eventually come to be. Goodluck is in full suport of state especially now that he wants to run for presidency in 2015. Have you not seen that all the PDP governors are looting recklessly and purchasing private jets. They also hapen to be in the fore front of the campaigns for state police. Some are Amaechi, Akpabio, Dickson, Orgi etc. They feel that only state owned police can offer cover adequate security cover for their looted properties and assets. They believe the with the complete loyalty of statee police, PDP will record 100 Percent votes for goodluck in their states. Like every other selfish corrupt sit-tight president, goodluck has agreed to state police creation.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by NegroNtns(m): 5:13pm On Nov 23, 2012
Jarus,

In my capacity as the official troubleshooter for the debate floor, recognizing that the debate is in jeopardy of failure if the earlier set parameters are not quickly modified and communicated, I do humbly support your initial thought to withdraw it as a debate topic and make it a dialogue, respecting that order and decorum must still be observed.

Chief Negro.

On a completely different issue, between me and my Bini cousin,
Physics, are you getting married or something, why are you not gonna be here to sit as a judge? grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Jarus,

In my capacity as the official troubleshooter for the debate floor, recognizing that the debate is in jeopardy of failure if the earlier set parameters are not quickly modified and communicated, I do humbly support your initial thought to withdraw it as a debate topic and make it a dialogue, respecting that order and decorum must still be observed.

Chief Negro.

On a completely different issue, between me and my Bini cousin,
Physics, are you getting married or something, why are you not gonna be here to sit as a judge? grin
Thank you, Chief.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by NegroNtns(m): 5:45pm On Nov 23, 2012
To all audience and spectators tomorrow,

Due to the controversy of this topic uniformed Police are barred from attendance. Therefore law enforcement will not be available. You are advised to leave your brawl at the entrance door and pick it back up on way out. No parambulating the hallway or auditorium with empty stout bottle in hand, no machette or ake or gun. To my Yoruba brothers, no thuggery, no touting, no NURTWing, this is not a motor park, no wetie. To my Igbo brothers, no kidnapping, I no wan hear say na only 2yr old now....it doesnt matter even if na 3months old, no snatch am o. To my Fulani brothers, humans are going to be in here tomorrow, not cows. .....in fact never mind, ive just being updated that rapists are not allowed in...we have very attractive women in attendance and we need to protect their honor. If women are in Fulani is not allowed in.

Again, no bottles allowed, whether with full content, half content or empty. grin
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by HAH: 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2012
If states in Nigeria cannot handle ordinary State INEC how can they handle state police, all this people calling for state police are only trying to get militia backed by law. shikena
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Afam4eva(m): 5:12pm On Nov 24, 2012
This is gonna be a hot topic. I wish i was debating...@Jarus Can i be made a judge in replacement of PHYSICSQED.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by SisiKill1: 5:29pm On Nov 24, 2012
Negro_Ntns: To all audience and spectators tomorrow,

Due to the controversy of this topic uniformed Police are barred from attendance. Therefore law enforcement will not be available. You are advised to leave your brawl at the entrance door and pick it back up on way out. No parambulating the hallway or auditorium with empty stout bot :Dtle in hand, no machette or ake or gun. To my Yoruba brothers, no thuggery, no touting, no NURTWing, this is not a motor park, no wetie. To my Igbo brothers, no kidnapping, I no wan hear say na only 2yr old now....it doesnt matter even if na 3months old, no snatch am o. To my Fulani brothers, humans are going to be in here tomorrow, not cows. .....in fact never mind, ive just being updated that rapists are not allowed in...we have very attractive women in attendance and we need to protect their honor. If women are in Fulani is not allowed in.

Again, no bottles allowed, whether with full content, half content or empty. grin

Lmao cheesy cheesy

May I take cover behind you. . just in case?
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 5:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
afam4eva: This is gonna be a hot topic. I wish i was debating...@Jarus Can i be made a judge in replacement of PHYSICSQED.

Ok. Granted.

We shall be proceeding to the dialogue thread now.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by JaaizTech: 5:57pm On Nov 24, 2012
I am strongly against "State-Police" as it portends no good at all for the nation
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by JaaizTech: 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2012
@Jarus kindly include me in the team that will debate against "State-Police". I have a very strong objection and would love to open the eyes of many to the evils of state police
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Katsumoto: 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2012
Jarus

Maybe you should consider JaaizTech's request.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 6:08pm On Nov 24, 2012
Is he interested in formally presenting his position in a dialogue/debate? Nbeyond the one-liner here.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by JaaizTech: 6:13pm On Nov 24, 2012
put me on board Jarus. I am ready. I am already scribbling some points down
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Jarus(m): 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2012
JaaizTech: put me on board Jarus. I am ready. I am already scribbling some points down

Oya, go join the debate thread as participant. Its on-going already. Fast pls.
Re: NL Monthly Political Debate by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 24, 2012
Reporting for duty

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (37) (Reply)

APC Places 4 Governors, 12 Chieftains On Watchlist Over Atiku / Corper & INEC Adhoc Staff Forced To Submit Fake Results In Benue / Uzodimma To Demolish Okorocha's Property Built On Water Channels: Pics & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.