Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,164 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... (5506 Views)

I Am Not Going To Resign - Kachikwu / Why Dasuk, Not GEJ Deserves The Nobel Peace Prize - Pius Adesanmi / Jonathan Deserves The Nobel Prize For Peace--Abubakar Audu (APC Cheiftain) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 9:21pm On Oct 11, 2012
Crayola1:

Ok then, position the argument as an attack on Awo's character. Because up until this point a good deal of the sideways talking bastard.s
in this thread 2 weeks ago would have said nothing but good things about Achebe, including the Yoruba defenders. So we have two theories here:

A) Achebe is the greatest actor of all time to have fans and well wishers from a group he secretly despised for damn near 50+ years

or B) Folks are reading more than what is being said.

According to Achebe from what I get in that quote is that Awo felt that Igbo people were not allowing members of his ethnic group get into positions (government/education/whatever) and that in effect Igbo people were the enemy of his goals (because if he ran for office Igbo people probably would not support him) and his goals for his people (jobs, choice positions, etc.) So if we play devils advocate here, it would makes sense (in Achebe's view) for Awo to jump on this opportunity to get rid of the competition.

You live in America, right? Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh are racists, but they still have black friends. You don't have to love Yorubas to befriend them because you can't do without them.

And how did Igbo stop Yorubas from achieving whatever they wanted in Nigeria before the civil war? Yorubas were contented to hold positions in their region because the Western region paid more than the federal government, so you argument is baseless!! Igbos are wanderers, hence, why I like the federal 'character' and the Eastern region was nothing to write home about. Igbos can't compete with Yorubas - fact!

I'm surprised Awo didn't even go for the kill! He was locked up by the collusion of Igbos and Hausas, just to destroy the Western region. And Aguiyi didn't release him from prison, despite his innocence. Awolowo was too kind to Igbos IMO!!

2 Likes

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by aryzgreat: 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2012
yarodin:

Eko Ole why are you all over NR talking like a headless chicken
? Why do you and your fellow Yoruba manu people hate the truth so much? Repent from your evil ways and maybe your rotten sins might be forgiven.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin mistakenly runs into ALUU town and dissafears! cheesy
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
Crayola1:

Didn't you see his comment? "The God of Africa created Ibos to lead Africa out of bondage." Read between the lines!
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
kindabigg:

Why wasn't Achebe anti-government when Aguiyi Ironsi became an illegal the head of state? What happened to his voice back then? He only finds his voice when Igbos are not in power, but goes numb when they're in power, right?

Igbos created, started, and executed everything wrong with Nigeria right now. The Unitary System of government was created by Igbos, the first coup was by Igbos, secession clause was taken out at the independence conference by Igbos, the first civil war in Africa was started by Igbos etc.. Stop blaming others for your woes!!!

Before I go further, let's make one thing clear, don't put me in the ilk of my tribe is better than yours, and address me as me and retract the statement of 'blaming others', otherwise post a comment where I'm blaming you for my woes that is if I have any. Thank you.

People who have read the book concludes it is a warning on another Biafra happening again in Nigeria, not Yoruba people are 'bad' people as illiterates are apparently propagating. Every literature student knows to read a book in its entirety before making over the top statements and crying all over the net.

Ok, Igbos started it, I agree, will you also all agree that present day Nigeria it is your people and the Northerners that have reduced Nigeria to sh.it it is today?

1 Like

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
aryzgreat:

D yorrobber lies again, please tell me why d mid west voted to be separated from western nigeria? tell me any of awolowo legacy left in the midwest when they were under west? Awolowo even said that cocoa revenue will be used in the area it was farmed. Do u want me to get u d records? yorrober and lies! na wa o

@ the bolded - resource control!
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by aljharem(m): 9:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
stillwater:

Before I go further, let's make one thing clear, don't put me in the ilk of my tribe is better than yours, and address me as me and retract the statement of 'blaming others', otherwise post a comment where I'm blaming you for my woes that is if I have any. Thank you.

People who have read the book concludes it is a warning on another Biafra happening again in Nigeria, not Yoruba people are 'bad' people as illiterates are apparently propagating. Every literature student knows to read a book in its entirety before making over the top statements and crying all over the net.

Ok, Igbos started it, I agree, will you also all agree that present day Nigeria it is your people and the Northerners that have reduced Nigeria to sh.it it is today?

SMH do you mean their were not Igbos in our government from post civil war till now ?
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2012
stillwater:

Alright, sorry about that.

Who are the "illiterates" and "literates?" Achebe created this by sanctioning a malicious excerpt from his book, for review. He shouldn't have advertised that particular excerpt, if he wasn't looking for controversy! He wanted it, and he got it; thus, creating disinterest in his overall message by those who feel maligned by that excerpt. So, who's the illiterate, then?

How is it my people? The Northerners have been ruling since the end of the war, except for the little "intermission" OBJ had. One can argue that Igbos gave it to them on a platter of gold and you have played second fiddle to them as their lieutenants/Vice-presidents.

2 Likes

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by aryzgreat: 9:43pm On Oct 11, 2012
alj harem:

SMH do you mean their were not Igbos in our government from post civil war till now ?

ohooooooo! so u dont want to own ur responsibilty now? shebi the first coup have a yoruba among d 5 majors but una tag "igbo coup" i taught the president takes responsibility for the good and bad of his regime? Fact is dat yorrobber and hausa have been ruling Nigeria after the war and therefore our backwardness can be attributed to yorrobeer and hausa. QED!
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2012
I'm an old head on NL - but I just became 'born again' to represent the message of Malcolm X... Can any of my Igbo friends answer the questions I posted on another thread yesterday?

Questions:

Not taking sides - I have read everything about the alleged "genocide" and "pogroms" against Igbos. From the pogroms North and Middle Belt, to the massacre of Igbo civilians in the Mid-West, and abandoned properties in the East(among minority tribes). However, it seems Igbos had a safe haven in the West because nothing happened to them over there. But why has the after-war rancour been between Yorubas and Igbos? Since Yoruba civilians never did anything harmful to Igbos - before, during, and after the war?

I understand the use of blockade by Awolowo and his justification for using it, since it's legal in that context. And the refusal of Ojukwu to allow humanitarian aids, without landing fees. But how does that translate into "domination" and "hatred" of the Igbo ethnic group by their Yoruba counterpart. One may argue that less than 1% of Yorubas took part in the war, and that represents absolute nothing compared to others.

Can any Igbo man/woman explain to me why The Yorubas have to be the only ones being questioned and ridiculed about the spoils of the Biafran War?

4 Likes

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by dayokanu(m): 10:16pm On Oct 11, 2012
aryzgreat:

ohooooooo! so u dont want to own ur responsibilty now? shebi the first coup have a yoruba among d 5 majors but una tag "igbo coup" i taught the president takes responsibility for the good and bad of his regime? Fact is dat yorrobber and hausa have been ruling Nigeria after the war and therefore our backwardness can be attributed to yorrobeer and hausa. QED!

Since the civil war we have had Igbos in high position as VP
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by 2mch(m): 10:17pm On Oct 11, 2012
Malcolm-X:
I'm an old head on NL - but I just became 'born again' to represent the message of Malcolm X... Can any of my Igbo friends answer the questions I posted on another thread yesterday?

Questions:

Not taking sides - I have read everything about the alleged "genocide" and "pogroms" against Igbos. From the pogroms North and Middle Belt, to the massacre of Igbo civilians in the Mid-West, and abandoned properties in the East(among minority tribes). However, it seems Igbos had a safe haven in the West because nothing happened to them over there. But why has the after-war rancour been between Yorubas and Igbos? Since Yoruba civilians never did anything harmful to Igbos - before, during, and after the war?

I understand the use of blockade by Awolowo and his justification for using it, since it's legal in that context. And the refusal of Ojukwu to allow humanitarian aids, without landing fees. But how does that translate into "domination" and "hatred" of the Igbo ethnic group by their Yoruba counterpart. One may argue that less than 1% of Yorubas took part in the war, and that represents absolute nothing compared to others.

Can any Igbo man/woman explain to me why The Yorubas have to be the only ones being questioned and ridiculed about the spoils of the Biafran War?

The Igbo's on NL want us to believe they only respect those who humiliate and kill them. Not those who treat them like human beings. This is very sick and my observation. They are very terrified of the tribes that committed crimes against them. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2012
Malcolm-X:

Questions:

Can any Igbo man/woman explain to me why The Yorubas have to be the only ones being
questioned and ridiculed about the spoils of
the Biafran War?

The Northern players in the war have always been condemned. Even the role of participants from the Niger Delta has been rehashed.

And please, as several posters here have indicated WHY DON'T WE WAIT UNTIL THE BOOK IS READ IN ENTIRETY BEFORE JUMPING INTO CONCLUSIONS? We are smart enough to reason as such, no?

1 Like

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by aryzgreat: 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2012
Malcolm-X:

Questions:

Not taking sides - I have read everything about the alleged "genocide" and "pogroms" against Igbos. From the pogroms North and Middle Belt, to the massacre of Igbo civilians in the Mid-West, and abandoned properties in the East(among minority tribes). However, it seems Igbos had a safe haven[b] in the West because nothing happened to them over there.[/b] But why has the after-war rancour been between Yorubas and Igbos? Since Yoruba civilians never did anything harmful to Igbos - before, during, and after the war?

You started well but as a yorrobber u are, u decided to include lies in ur question.

1. Documented facts are there as to igbos dat were hunted, killed and those that escaped from the west with broken head and lost limbs before the war, Achebe was one of them, he escaped being lynched in lagos.
2. How on earth will Ojukwu decree a landing cost for people that want to send humanitarian aid to biafrans? deos it sound logical? Igbos are mostly catholic today cos caritas (a catholic aid group saved many through aid) A caritas aid carrying plane was shot down by Nigerian Anti-craft, read Adekunle's hate interview and understand adekunle and Awolowo were fyting for an agenda.

3. Immediately after the war, while d igbos were still striving to survive with awolowo" 20 pounds punishment, Awolowo quickly Indigenize most foreign companies in Nigeria and were all bought up mostly by yorrobbers and few hausas.
4. Awolow took credit for ending the war through starvation, if awolowo wasnt fyting for a hidden agenda, how come awolowo couldnt suggest a way to re-habilitate the war victims, no! he want them dead, rather than do that, he resigned having achieved his target of weakening ndigbo.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2012
2mch:
The Igbo's on NL want us to believe they only respect those who humiliate and kill them. Not those who treat them like human beings. This is very sick and my observation. They are very terrified of the tribes that committed crimes against them. undecided

That's my observation as well. I noticed they hardly say anything against the Hausa/Fulani, only the Yoruba people(and recently Ijaws) are vocal against them. Why are Igbos scared of Hausa/Fulani(their real enemy), but overly vocal against Yoruba people?
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2012
nnenna.1:

The Northern players in the war have always been condemned. Even the role of participants from the Niger Delta has been rehashed.

And please, as several posters here have indicated WHY DON'T WE WAIT UNTIL THE BOOK IS READ IN ENTIRETY BEFORE JUMPING INTO CONCLUSIONS? We are smart enough to reason as such, no?

You have got a point. I have ordered the book, and I should get it by Monday.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by aryzgreat: 10:27pm On Oct 11, 2012
dayokanu:

Since the civil war we have had Igbos in high position as VP

VP does not take glory or responsibilty for any regime but the president. If in 2015 power improves in nigeria, its GEJ dat will take the glory for that not Sambo nor the minister of power. so Yorrobbers and hausas have killed Nigeria cos they are the people that have been ruling since after the war. Una wan lie again? sad
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 11, 2012
aryzgreat:
You started well but as a yorrobber u are, u decided to include lies in ur question.

Are you a psychic? How do you know my tribe?

1. Documented facts are there as to igbos dat were hunted, killed and those that escaped from the west with broken head and lost limbs before the war, Achebe was one of them, he escaped being lynched in lagos.

They were hunted and killed by Hausa/Fulani soldiers, not the people. However, pogroms in the North were done by the civilians - and the massacres in the mid-west were done by the civilian mobs.

2. How on earth will Ojukwu decree a landing cost for people that want to send humanitarian aid to biafrans? deos it sound logical? Igbos are mostly catholic today cos caritas (a catholic aid group saved many through aid) A caritas aid carrying plane was shot down by Nigerian Anti-craft, read Adekunle's hate interview and understand adekunle and Awolowo were fyting for an agenda.

Have you watched the Biafran War story video on youtube? Ojukwu alluded to that in his own words during an interview..

3. Immediately after the war, while d igbos were still striving to survive with awolowo" 20 pounds punishment, Awolowo quickly Indigenize most foreign companies in Nigeria and were all bought up mostly by yorrobbers and few hausas.

I can't argue about that policy, and Awolowo was just a member of the cabinet. If Gowon had said, NO, I don't think he would have proceeded with it - so why blame only Awolowo? And what's wrong with the £20 policy for all, anyway?

4. Awolow took credit for ending the war through starvation, if awolowo wasnt fyting for a hidden agenda, how come awolowo couldnt suggest a way to re-habilitate the war victims, no! he want them dead, rather than do that, he resigned having achieved his target of weakening ndigbo.

What hidden agenda? The same man that was in prison when everything that led to the war took place, no? Did he declare war against Biafra? You guys need to calm down before you end up losing out - you're fighting a wrong war.

2 Likes

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by aryzgreat: 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2012
Malcolm-X:

That's my observation as well. I noticed they hardly say anything against the Hausa/Fulani, only the Yoruba people(and recently Ijaws) are vocal against them. Why are Igbos scared of Hausa/Fulani(their real enemy), but overly vocal against Yoruba people?

Hausa have been condemned. Gowon is a "persona non grata" in igboland. He knows that and that was why he gave excuses for not attending Ojukwu's burial cos he would have been lynched and was advised not to try it. The role played by the middle beltans have been exhaustively discussed. Our Niger delta brothers have realised their mistakes and for that we have forgiven them as examplified in the support Gej got fro SE and even now, but you yorobbers and ur ego, will never accept where u are wrong rather u give excuses for ur action, and the worst kind of offending a friend is when u make d person believe u are standing with him but turn out a betrayer.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by dayokanu(m): 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
aryzgreat:

Hausa have been condemned. Gowon is a "persona non grata" in igboland. He knows that and that was why he gave excuses for not attending Ojukwu's burial cos he would have been lynched and was advised not to try it. The role played by the middle beltans have been exhaustively discussed. Our Niger delta brothers have realised their mistakes and for that we have forgiven them as examplified in the support Gej got fro SE and even now, but you yorobbers and ur ego, will never accept where u are wrong rather u give excuses for ur action, and the worst kind of offending a friend is when u make d person believe u are standing with him but turn out a betrayer.

Has anyone from Igbo land apologized to others for killing their leaders in january 1966?

1 Like

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by 2mch(m): 10:42pm On Oct 11, 2012
Malcolm-X:

Are you a psychic? How do you know my tribe?

They were hunted and killed by Hausa/Fulani soldiers, not the people. However, pogroms in the North were done by the civilians - and the massacres in the mid-west were done by the civilian mobs.

Have you watched the Biafran War story video on youtube? Ojukwu alluded to that in his own words during an interview..

I can't argue about that policy, and Awolowo was just a member of the cabinet. If Gowon had said, NO, I don't think he would have proceeded with it - so why blame only Awolowo? And what's wrong with the £20 policy for all, anyway?

What hidden agenda? The same man that was in prison when everything that led to the war took place, no? Did he declare war against Biafra? You guys need to calm down before you end up losing out - you're fighting a wrong war.

I have a question about this 20 pound issue. Excuse me, but how many Nigerian's had bank accounts then? Were some people really entitled to that 20 pounds? So why are we hearing screams that people lost money? Majority of Nigerians were illiterate or first generation students/literates. WTF. Dont open another can of worms.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 10:48pm On Oct 11, 2012
alj harem:

kindabigg:

Alright, sorry about that.

Who are the "illiterates" and "literates?" Achebe created this by sanctioning a malicious excerpt from his book, for review. He shouldn't have advertised that particular excerpt, if he wasn't looking for controversy! He wanted it, and he got it; thus, creating disinterest in his overall message by those who feel maligned by that excerpt. So, who's the illiterate, then?

How is it my people? The Northerners have been ruling since the end of the war, except for the little "intermission" OBJ had. One can argue that Igbos gave it to them on a platter of gold and you have played second fiddle to them as their lieutenants/Vice-presidents.

@Alh haram, let's not get sentimental by shaking our heads. I'm trying to make a point from King's comment about Igbos causing everything. Let me land abeg.

Anyway, the people who ascended as heads of states after the civil war ( Yoruba and Northerners) should also take responsibility for shitty Nigeria, same way I have taken responsibility for the people who according to Kind 'created, started, and executed everything wrong with Nigeria right now.' It is not far fetched that presidents take most of the blame than anyone in his cabinet. Case in point Jonanthan gets insulted than his vice. So crush the Igbo are in government too argument. I would expect leaders from the North or South West who 'are likely not to cause trouble' like the Igbos as you claim to have overtunrned the unitary system of government and regained some sanity in Nigeria, for the past 30 years. Why didn't the government at that time change it since they seem to assume more [i]sensibility [/i]than the Igbos? Must it have favored them one way or the other?

Now this is just following your track of argument, I personally believe everyone has participated in the demise of Nigeria.

And besides 'little intermission' should be given to Shonekan, not Obj. That Shonekan episode is still funny to me, but I digress.

1 Like

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 11, 2012
aryzgreat:

Or, maybe Gowon just didn't want to go to Ojukwu's burial, because he didn't respect him that much as a man. If Gowon is a "persona non grata" in igboland - how come IBB(who took part in the pogroms and the war) is a demi-god in the Igboland?

To be honest, Yoruba people don't owe you any apology. You killed their leaders, financed 'Operation Wetti' in their region, imprisoned their erudite leader, and invaded their region(without approval). Yet, you want them to apologise for not killing your people en masse, or hating your guts for what your leaders did to them during the first republic, no? You're not making sense at all!

Maybe, you guys need to look at the 'man in the mirror', and realise that Yoruba people actually helped Igbos more than others. Just think critically!

1 Like

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by aryzgreat: 10:56pm On Oct 11, 2012
dayokanu:

Has anyone from Igbo land and yorrober land apologized to others for killing their leaders in january 1966?

Fixed! it was igbo/yorrober planned coup, executed by hausa junior officer, though it was saboutaged by some of the planners, it wasn't planned with the intention of killing only a certain group of leaders. Go read Nigerian Revolution and Biafran war by Madiebo.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 11:00pm On Oct 11, 2012
No one owes anyone apology for the civil war - bury the hatchet and move on. You slapped them with a stick and they slammed you with a sledge hammer, period. You should have known better before drawing the first blood - learn from it and move on.

3 Likes

Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 11, 2012
Peace out!

*I believe in human beings, and that all human beings should be respected as such, regardless of their ethnic group/color.*

I believe in humanity!
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by aryzgreat: 11:14pm On Oct 11, 2012
Malcolm-X:
No one owes anyone apology for the civil war - bury the hatchet and move on. You slapped them with a stick and they slammed you with a sledge hammer, period. You should have known better before drawing the first blood - learn from it and move on.

Cool, we have moved on since, but u can't shut our mouth from discussing the scar of ur "sledge hammer" effect. Telling us nt to discuss dat amounts to supressing the truth. We don't need ur apology but u can't stop us from discussing d war and whosoever that was involved in prosecuting the war must be discussed weda na awolowo or Gowon.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 1:34am On Oct 12, 2012
Crayola1 aka stillwater, an Igbo man can have as many Yoruba friends and still be tribalistic.

Why? Because he fails to spread his emotions for his Yoruba friends to the Yoruba population. A simple psychological explanation.

So, Achebe, a true Biafran writing a book to shove most of Biafra's failure on the Yorubas is still a tribalist, regardless of his effort to bath in Wole's (Yorubaman)intellectual light.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by Nobody: 1:58am On Oct 12, 2012
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by EkoIle1: 3:53am On Oct 12, 2012
aryzgreat:

Cool, we have moved on since, but u can't shut our mouth from discussing the scar of ur "sledge hammer" effect. Telling us nt to discuss dat amounts to supressing the truth. We don't need ur apology but u can't stop us from discussing d war and whosoever that was involved in prosecuting the war must be discussed weda na awolowo or Gowon.
youlosers

Move on to where? You have not moved anywhere because this is what you people eat, sleep and talk about everyday, this is you preoccupation. This is what is Fairlie no noble winning old lunatic loser called ashebe is still talking about in 2012.

While other people move on and progress, na hate and tribalism go consume you and continue to be your preoccupation....

lol @ apology. You clowns are not serious....lmao
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by birdman(m): 8:34am On Oct 12, 2012
stillwater:

@Alh haram, let's not get sentimental by shaking our heads. I'm trying to make a point from King's comment about Igbos causing everything. Let me land abeg.

Anyway, the people who ascended as heads of states after the civil war ( Yoruba and Northerners) should also take responsibility for shitty Nigeria

Nice try, except all ethnicities have been complicit in helping those presidents misbehave. For example, Ojukwu turned his back on June 12 after a visit to Abuja (Even the widely acclaimed de-tribalized Soyinka lamented this). This gave Abacha the boldness to ignore June 12, since the eastern power bloc had been handled. Note how he then proceeded to deal with the SS and SW troublemakers, knowing there would be no objections from the SE or North for that matter.

Of course I can name other non-igbo who have done the same, but I just wanted to point out that your hands are not clean. You have been just as much an architect of Nigeria's problems as everyone else, including scuttling the free-est and fairest election we ever held, an election in which ALL tribes voted with one accord. So please come off that Achebe high horse.

Btw, I could also mention the voter fraud in the SE for GEJ's election. He would have won anyways, but now he has the eastern bloc, again solidly on his side. So he has no qualms hiking the price of petrol overnight, knowing he has one region solidly behind him. Are you off that high horse yet?
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by birdman(m): 8:52am On Oct 12, 2012
Malcolm-X:

Igbo fundamentally hate the Hausa. Note the only time Igbo agree with Hausa is when they throw stones at Yoruba. Outside of this, they don't see eye to eye on anything. There is more of a mix of envy/admiration for Yoruba, and the bad blood comes from the fact that being much more similar culturally, it is hard to swallow that we sided with the North instead. But I think deep down, Igbo fundamentally know who their enemies are, and it sure aint Yorubas. Yorubas tend not to think much of what others think of them, which in itself can be frustrating, and denigrating Awolowo is probably the only way to get a rise out of a Yoruba man. I suspect we will get used to that too and just move on... I see the Falana, Soyinka, Bakare etc havent even chimed in.
Re: Guess Who Is Not Going To Be The Winner Of The Nobel For Litrature Tomorrow..... by ektbear: 9:02am On Oct 12, 2012
I'm going to start off with "Garlic Ballads." Seems to be available on Kindle for very cheap.

Here is the press release btw: http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/literature/laureates/2012/press.html

A big congratulations to Mo Yan...and of course all others who have won the highest prize in literature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Fraudulent Construction Of 2nd Niger Bridge: Another 419 On The Igbo Nation / Who Is Capable Of Been The Igbo President Of 2019? / How Afonja Was Murdered: A lesson to greedy Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.