Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

What Happened To MR BIGGS? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Happened To MR BIGGS? (49896 Views)

Student Finds Cockroach Inside A Meat Pie She Bought At Mr. Biggs(pic / Photo: See What Mr Biggs Sell As Meat Pie / Mr Biggs' Fried Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Babalegba(m): 9:23am On Jul 27, 2013
I found MrBiggs food tastier than that of their competitors so they are the top of my list when eating out, the one in Abeokuta at least.
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 27, 2013
cheleku: Biggs is dead. I went to one recently-the one along Ziks avenue Awka- and I couldn't believe what happened. Nepa took light and they waiters simple turned on their kerosene lamps....omo, as if that wasn't enough, Johnson my mechanic, who happens to have his workshop beside the eatery,came in with his dirty garbs to charge his phone!
I no lie.

So na the kerosene lamp Johnson take charge phone?

Why U sabi lie?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Clemzy16(m): 9:24am On Jul 27, 2013
cheleku: Biggs is dead. I went to one recently-the one along Ziks avenue Awka- and I couldn't believe what happened. Nepa took light and they waiters simple turned on their kerosene lamps....omo, as if that wasn't enough, Johnson my mechanic, who happens to have his workshop beside the eatery,came in with his dirty garbs to charge his phone!
I no lie.
lwkmd..dis got me rolling on the floor!

@topic i think it's because people hardly patronize these big cooking companies nowadays. More ladies and men are beginning to cook for themselves. If you notice, not only Mr Biggs is affected. Others like Chicken Republic, Tantalizer etc.. are also affected.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by yuzedo: 9:25am On Jul 27, 2013
well to talk truth he divorse from mrs biggy so since den his mind have not settle. So das why he fail in live. Tenk. sad angry

6 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Rockyheight: 9:25am On Jul 27, 2013
I no lie.
Use kero lamp charge fone!
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by ibabz(m): 9:27am On Jul 27, 2013
If you read "Who moved my cheese?" you'll knw wht happen to Mr. Biggs

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 27, 2013
From what I've read on this thread, the centre is weak and unable to ensure quality assurance in all outlets.

The centre is most likely only interested in making money and not interested in keeping the core values of the company.

No proper milestones are set and achieved.

The vision and mission of the company has been abandoned.

Even their parent company seems dead as other business have entered into the core businesses of UAC.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 27, 2013
Fast food business dont last simple. Except u will be doing rebranding every two years. The ones that emanated to send mr biggs closed most of them hav shot down already and new ones spring up to shot down in few years to come and life goes on.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by blackbeau1(f): 9:34am On Jul 27, 2013
They've simply refused to increase the size of their chicken per serving and its annoying to have to pay the same price for something smaller, when I can have a bigger serving @ d same price.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 27, 2013
Not only Mr. Biggs; most of the fast food franchises are dying, and it is not necessarily because of poor mansgement. I think it has more to do with the high prices and low purchasing power of Nigerians. Don't forget this is supposed to be fast, junk food. . .just like McDonalds in the US and elsewhere. It is supposed to be restaurant chains that sell CHEAP food that any tom, dîck, and harry can afford.

Unfortunately, the average plate of dry rice and chicken with a small bottle of water costs around N1000. When you choose to add 'mende mende' like moin-moin, plaintain, and salad, your bill might stagger towards the N2000 mark. Not many ordinary Nigerians can afford this for one meal, on a REGULAR basis. And if people can't buy these meals regularly, how do you expect the restaurant chains to survive? It is not possible. Perhaps they should reinvent their business models to consider a more low-cost approach.

21 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by oyeyipow(m): 9:36am On Jul 27, 2013
dan55: dry topic

Dry? No, thread's for intelligent minds and sincerely I've learnt

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by johnstar(m): 9:39am On Jul 27, 2013
Ntn is wrong undecided, knw b der I go chao yesterday undecided
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Cultured(m): 9:39am On Jul 27, 2013
FIELD WORKERS- Yes you heard me clearly, filed workers are the nucleus/backbone of every successful company you see out there , so long as they are getting it right , be rest assured you will remain effectual. The problem with Mr. Biggs is the same problem with every other company locally or internationally which has crumbled/is crumbling, ineffective/poor filed workers . The management cadre in the upper echelon of every company has little role ( innovation and implementation of new ideas ) to play to sustain an establishment , this is the gospel truth .

4 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jul 27, 2013
Red-Light:
they cant keep up with the competition simple
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 27, 2013
Red-Light:
they cant keep up with the competition simple
yah that's it. the same thing is about happening to Nokia.
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by gebest: 9:44am On Jul 27, 2013
OLDAGE

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by nosike3(m): 9:44am On Jul 27, 2013
they are closen becos they doesn't sell alomo and don chesters angry

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by pumpingmachine: 9:45am On Jul 27, 2013
I used to be a Mr Biggs ambassador cos they 'disvirgined' my pastries mouth. But over the years, I've come to realize they are dead and gone, posing serious threat to your health.
I remember the first shocking experience I had with them, it was at the Mr Biggs at Okigwe Road in Owerri. I bought fried rice and salad only to find maggots in the salad.
the next time I went there, they apologized and promised it would never happen again only to buy salad that same day and there were more maggots.
another terrible experience was when a friend came to visit me in Ibadan. I asked him to wait at Mr Biggs in Iwo Road. He ordered jollof rice and he was very cold rice. They said there is no electricity.
at the one in Idi Ape, I went to eat one evening. While paying the girl, I dropped my phone, the cheapest Nokia torchlight phone, after eating, I remembered and quickly went back to her but she outrightly denied.
there is one nasty Mr Biggs outlet in Maryland in Lagos too. I went there to meet someone for a business meeting. They told me I couldn't use my laptop nor plug anything while many other entries are luring customers with free WiFi.
I've heard similar experiences in Enugu, Abuja, Abia and elsewhere. In short, that brand is doomed

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by gebest: 9:46am On Jul 27, 2013
elujah1:

But how comes its nationwide?
No is not nation wide, in my area them still open mouth gidigba 'AKURE'
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by texaco1: 9:50am On Jul 27, 2013
Businesstools: At the Management School,I was taught that a product or business undergoes five major stages, introduction,growth,maturity,decline and death.I guess Mr Biggs has reached the last stage.
You are totally wrong.why is it that products like pepsi,coca cola are still in the markets after so many years and still waxing strong?this business school theory of urs I guess only applies to nigerian or african businesses

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:51am On Jul 27, 2013
Decryptor: How can NEPA take light and johnson comes in to charge his phone? And btw, who still uses kerosene lamps when there are portable rechargeable lamps you can get for as cheap as N200 these days? It's either johnson and the waiters are LEARNERS or you are a LIAR. undecided
Na true the guy talk Johnson comes in to charge his phone with kerosene lamps lol

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 27, 2013
I no lie.

mechanic came to charge phone with kerosene lamp?

You can lie sha...
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 27, 2013

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 27, 2013
Takes nigerians and the competitive nature of nigeria market for granted. What a pity.
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by dpresido(m): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2013
I was privy to stumble on the Franchise agreement between a partner and UAC the parent owner of Mr Biggs. What in my own opinion I consider one of the major factor is the monetary consideration usually demanded by the Franchisor to the franchisee. What the Franchisee tend to do iis to compromise quality so as to meet up with their obligatory remittances to the franchise owner. And with so many people going for the franchise right and so much money to pay while expected to make profit. quality declines cos they cannot increase retail prices as it where due to competition.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by kabaka1: 9:59am On Jul 27, 2013
elujah1:

But how comes its nationwide?
On my own view, i'd say it's Bad management, which includes lack of reinvention of d brand and poor vision 4 d threats posed by new competitons that have emerged in naija's restaurant arena cry.
That's just d reality 4 any business brand, competition is inevitable n if that brand cannot evolve quickly enough 2 counter d competition, that brand is doomed cry grin cry
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by fasa2020(m): 10:01am On Jul 27, 2013
texaco1:
You are totally wrong.why is it that products like pepsi,coca cola are still in the markets after so many years and still waxing strong?this business school theory of urs I guess only applies to nigerian or african businesses

Both Pepsi and Coca-Cola had already passed all these stages and i believe its "Constant Re-branding" makes them still intact in business. Same thing happened to 7-up , you'll agree with me that its still enjoying good sales.

These happens everywhere, not in Nigeria alone or African business as your assumptions, where are Nec , Motorola , and Sony Erricson in mobile business now ?
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by gebest: 10:01am On Jul 27, 2013
stolen stone: you know I was about asking a similar question too about chicken republic. Any idea as to what happened to them?? Their branches in major cities nationwide are under lock and key!
y ll it nt b luck nd keyed, no b edo state moni lucky nd eki thief take open am?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by mrofficial(m): 10:03am On Jul 27, 2013
Their cooking sucks if you ask me. Unlike TFC and KFC where you get the same taste in any of their restaurants. That way, you know what you're going for. Oh, that reminds me, I so much love TFC's salad cheesy
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by abhosts(m): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2013
I stopped going to Mr Biggs because their meals were no more tasting nice. MegaChicken and Tastee are now my preferred choices.
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 27, 2013
texaco1:

My Guy u are totally correct,i even wonder how ''Macdonalds'' did it....
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nuzo1(m): 10:10am On Jul 27, 2013
texaco1:

He's right about that business theory. Mistake he made was that he didn't explain how it works. I mean how companies and product like coca-cola have refused to die off.

New ideas and innovations are constantly introduced within the period of growth andd maturity. Rebranding.

And lucky for coca cola that only 2 people know the recipe for main ingredients used in making coca-cola drink. Otherwise, coca cola wouldve have gone down.

Coca cola consumers have no choice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Little Potatoe I Bought For 1K Today (pic) / "What A Lady Found Inside 5 Alive" - NewsEveryHour.com / Trending Video Of Reduced Sachet Water Size In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.