Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

What Happened To MR BIGGS? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Happened To MR BIGGS? (49854 Views)

Student Finds Cockroach Inside A Meat Pie She Bought At Mr. Biggs(pic / Photo: See What Mr Biggs Sell As Meat Pie / Mr Biggs' Fried Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by gebest: 10:10am On Jul 27, 2013
stolen stone: you know I was about asking a similar question too about chicken republic. Any idea as to what happened to them?? Their branches in major cities nationwide are under lock and key!
y ll it nt b luck nd keyed, no b edo state moni lucky nd eki thief take open dis dere kitchen republic abi chicken repub.?
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by naptu2: 10:10am On Jul 27, 2013
yuzedo: well to talk truth he divorse from mrs biggy so since den his mind have not settle. So das why he fail in live. Tenk. sad angry

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by CeaserB: 10:13am On Jul 27, 2013
[size=13pt] HEY Y'ALL IT's NOT THAT DiFFICULT TO REALIZE THAT MOST BUSINESSES NATIONWIDE ARE FACING THE EFFECTS OF THE HARSH ECONOMY.
IF YOU ARE CAUGHT SLIPPING - YOU FALL. IT'S THAT SIMPLE.
undecided

ON A SIDE NOTE; WHY GO TO MR. BIGGS WHEN I CAN COOK MYSELF INDOMIE NOODLES "HUNGRY-MAN SIZE"
grin
[/size]

...Goes Back To #GameMode #NowPlaying #AngryBirds cool smiley

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by kabaka1: 10:13am On Jul 27, 2013
Businesstools: At the Management School,I was taught that a product or business undergoes five major stages, introduction,growth,maturity,decline and death.I guess Mr Biggs has reached the last stage.

Ie the business that lacks vision n is unable to reinvent itself 4 a better future will surely see the last two stages u mentioned, but u wonder why brands like Mcdonald's or Apple only see a little bit of stage 4 sometimes, but they never die or reach stage 5.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 27, 2013
Decryptor:
1. Too much of vedan seasoning in their rice
2. Sand in their meatpies
3.Cockroaches and flies on their show-glass
undecided
was it that bad
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 27, 2013
Babalegba: I found MrBiggs food tastier than that of their competitors so they are the top of my list when eating out, the one in Abeokuta at least.
see your name, why you no go enjoy contraband

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by tdbanks: 10:16am On Jul 27, 2013
Nickyspice: U cn get ur answer by asking google
You're frigging immature.
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nuzo1(m): 10:22am On Jul 27, 2013
I gues Mr Biggs is folding cos of these reasons:

1. Lack of quality control. Food changed from sweet to watery, oilly, cold and unhygenic. Environment became an eyesore. Customer care became like Nigeria police.

2. High price of their products as a result of greed and bad biz environment. (Electricity)

3. Just like clubs, hotels and any hospitality outlet...Nigerians got bored with visiting the same place over and over. New things and environment attract people.

4. Lack of innovations and new ideas. The rebranding done 2 years ago came 5 years late.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Adex097: 10:22am On Jul 27, 2013
I swear , mr bigg's problem is metaphysical.
You need to see the one in my area.
Jeez!!! So disgusting.
I stopped patronizing them the moment they sold a watery ice-cream to me.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by kabaka1: 10:25am On Jul 27, 2013
bebe2: It died due to bad customer service,

I went to the one at maryland in Lagos, asked for cold water, the girl refused to serve me becos I don't have change.

She was so rude, I didn't even care I was too thirsty to mind the insult, she said I shud go look for change before she wud serve me,

God bless this young beautiful pregnant girl that paid for the water with her change.
grin grin grin
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by nancyberry(f): 10:34am On Jul 27, 2013
Maybe someone bought it over and could't manage it
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by kabaka1: 10:36am On Jul 27, 2013
Decryptor: How can NEPA take light and johnson comes in to charge his phone? And btw, who still uses kerosene lamps when there are portable rechargeable lamps you can get for as cheap as N200 these days? It's either johnson and the waiters are LEARNERS or you are a LIAR. undecided
grin grin grin
U don catch am be that cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by texaco1: 10:38am On Jul 27, 2013
Rolly83:

My Guy u are totally correct,i even wonder how ''Macdonalds'' did it....
it all boils down to management,that is why most of these successful companies don't spare any amount to hire the best hands from any where in the world.look at sheraton for example and so many hotels that have maintained their high standard for a very long time
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Policewoman(f): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2013
elujah1: I have been wondering whats behind the downfall of MR BIGSS, most of their restaurants are either shutdown or deserted..What went wrong?
The NIGERIAN factor.
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by NaijaNaWaa: 10:49am On Jul 27, 2013
Mr. Biggs food is prepared with an i-don't-care attitude and the cost is something else. Next to Mr. Biggs in bad cooking, small ration and exorbitant price is Tantalizers, at least those in Abuja. Mehn, sometimes I wonder if Tantalizers is truly a private outfit or some govt agency.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 27, 2013
cheleku: Biggs is dead. I went to one recently-the one along Ziks avenue Awka- and I couldn't believe what happened. Nepa took light and they waiters simple turned on their kerosene lamps....omo, as if that wasn't enough, Johnson my mechanic, who happens to have his workshop beside the eatery,came in with his dirty garbs to charge his phone!
I no lie.
Which kan lie be dis na, dey took the light and he came in to charge Was he holding Torch light?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by IdeeEsperanza(m): 11:01am On Jul 27, 2013
Here in Uyo, one of their outlet in the heart of the city has been shut down and now on lease/rent. The other one has few or no customers. They've run out of customers because there are Food Affairs, Pepperoni, Crunchies, Grand Tasties, Oliver Twist, Sammies and other ones I can remember their names. It will be difficult for Mr. Biggs to return.
Mr. Biggs>>>Mr. Small>>>Mr. None grin

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 27, 2013
why is everyone calling cheleku a liar? does it occur to you that he might be telling 2 different stories?

one was when there was no electricity and the other was when someone came in to charge his phone. might be 2 different experience nau angry

4 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by loswhite(m): 11:21am On Jul 27, 2013
elujah1:

I guess what you were taught applies mainly to Nigerian firms coz its so common in Nigeria, Leventis is another example, i remember going there as a little kid, but now it no more. I still believe its poor management, and when they get to the point where they become comfortable and feel on top, next comes the decline.
where else have u been to apart from Nigeria? How would u knw what is happening in other part, if u are not there.FyI it does not apply mainly to Nigeria. It happens all over d world.
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by asudan: 11:25am On Jul 27, 2013
Businesstools: At the Management School,I was taught that a product or business undergoes five major stages, introduction,growth,maturity,decline and death.I guess Mr Biggs has reached the last stage.
principles of marketing
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by overboard(m): 11:33am On Jul 27, 2013
Forza p: SWEET SENSATION(ss) don sweep dem comot!

SS ehn? Those ones don't know what they have. Wrongly branded fast food. The annoying part is when they claim they have swag! What has that motto got to do with eating or their image? Their food us good tho'.
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by IJI777: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2013
At the Management School,I was taught that a
product or business undergoes five major stages,
introduction,growth,maturity,decline and death.I guess Mr Biggs has
reached the last stage. what should have followd maturity is regeneration
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 27, 2013
Decryptor: How can NEPA take light and johnson comes in to charge his phone? And btw, who still uses kerosene lamps when there are portable rechargeable lamps you can get for as cheap as N200 these days? It's either johnson and the waiters are LEARNERS or you are a LIAR. undecided

Opuro ni bobo yen
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by IJI777: 12:00pm On Jul 27, 2013
Anotha form of competition is from those that serve only african dishes. Many are now into nutrition,therefore,shunning fastfood
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 27, 2013
Koval12: Shoprite dominated them here in Enugu.

even before Shoprite in Enugu, Mr. Biggs had long been toppled by other restaurants

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by danniekute(m): 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
most of dia customers have refused to eat dead foods bt natural ones...dats all..
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Drone007: 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2013
elujah1: I have been wondering whats behind the downfall of MR BIGSS, most of their restaurants are either shutdown or deserted..What went wrong?
Ironically, they're actually doing well outside Nigeria.
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
They respected the law of ''diminishing returns'' grin
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by dnawah(m): 12:53pm On Jul 27, 2013
Bros,it is not on line again.this is a country where things used to reign.(as we locally say)pls wat is the latest dance style and phone on line now?grin
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by evantical: 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
How do food and drug commisions approve coca cola if they have a secret recipe only known by three persons?

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Rossikk(m): 1:04pm On Jul 27, 2013

This so called product lifecycle is not cast in stone. It depends on the quality of strategic planning in a business.

Many well run businesses have been able to maintain their position at the maturity stage for several decades, delaying, or almost eliminating the theat of decline and death. Coca-Cola is a case in point. Boeing is another.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? / See The Little Potatoe I Bought For 1K Today (pic) / Trending Video Of Reduced Sachet Water Size In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.