Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

What Happened To MR BIGGS? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Happened To MR BIGGS? (49856 Views)

Student Finds Cockroach Inside A Meat Pie She Bought At Mr. Biggs(pic / Photo: See What Mr Biggs Sell As Meat Pie / Mr Biggs' Fried Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by francotunsco: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2013
Not dry, it is an interesting thread...

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by kadree(m): 8:49am On Jul 27, 2013
Mismanagement continued till d time stiff competition came,d aftermath is d crash site we all over d place
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by OmoIyaMero: 8:49am On Jul 27, 2013
When they first came to my area,twas da bomb but the grand coming of chicken republic killed em...they first had few customers,later to only few pple comin to use their toilet and snap pix...overnight they just disappeared...adieu mr. Biggs.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by calddon(m): 8:50am On Jul 27, 2013
cos nigerians were so poor that they couldnt keep up with their bills..................... i cant belive this topic made front page

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Forzap: 8:50am On Jul 27, 2013
SWEET SENSATION(ss) don sweep dem comot!
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 27, 2013
their QUALITY CONTROL and MANAGEMENT is beyound terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, i can vouch for the calabar kitchen or mamaput canteen than mr SmaLLz? Biggs. when an expert says that person is not joking.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by deblikings: 8:55am On Jul 27, 2013
I think their problem was poor management especially in their quality control technique.consider chicken republic(food concept) they invest so much in training of staffs in and outside the country also with a vision to be the MCdonalds of Africa.
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by JbravoAdodger(m): 8:57am On Jul 27, 2013
Yea yea Mr biggs don old. Oro new era l'an so bai
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Decryptor(m): 9:01am On Jul 27, 2013
cheleku: Biggs is dead. I went to one recently-the one along Ziks avenue Awka- and I couldn't believe what happened. Nepa took light and they waiters simple turned on their kerosene lamps....omo, as if that wasn't enough, Johnson my mechanic, who happens to have his workshop beside the eatery,came in with his dirty garbs to charge his phone!
I no lie.
How can NEPA take light and johnson comes in to charge his phone? And btw, who still uses kerosene lamps when there are portable rechargeable lamps you can get for as cheap as N200 these days? It's either johnson and the waiters are LEARNERS or you are a LIAR. undecided

33 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Koval12(m): 9:02am On Jul 27, 2013
Shoprite dominated them here in Enugu.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nickyspice(f): 9:03am On Jul 27, 2013
U cn get ur answer by asking google
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by PStacks(m): 9:05am On Jul 27, 2013
elujah1: I have been wondering whats behind the downfall of MR BIGSS, most of their restaurants are either shutdown or deserted..What went wrong?

On a Long enough Time line.. Everything Tends to Zero..

Everything is Vanity. Vanity upon Vanity.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by adorable29(f): 9:07am On Jul 27, 2013
I v bn wondering myself!!!

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by crackhouse(m): 9:09am On Jul 27, 2013
cheleku: Biggs is dead. I went to one recently-the one along Ziks avenue Awka- and I couldn't believe what happened. Nepa took light and they waiters simple turned on their kerosene lamps....omo, as if that wasn't enough, Johnson my mechanic, who happens to have his workshop beside the eatery,came in with his dirty garbs to charge his phone!
I no lie.
Haha, i know the place in Awka, they lack customers these days. i guess the Mr Biggs branch managers have succeeded in squandering the company's capital.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by bebechuks: 9:09am On Jul 27, 2013
KfC has taken over simple.
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 27, 2013
Nickyspice: U cn get ur answer by asking google
google is down
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by FX(m): 9:10am On Jul 27, 2013
No b lie.Chicken Repúblic dey try as pa training their staff.They will rule some day but notin will kill a business fasta now in this lagos like this change issues. Can u imagine I went to Mama Cass to buy their bread n d attendant told me point blank that she cant sell for me because she doesnt have N500 change.
That was d last day I went there. One customer lost for eva.
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by megacity: 9:12am On Jul 27, 2013
ok
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by StepG: 9:15am On Jul 27, 2013
elujah1:

But how comes its nationwide?
Because every state has hot competitors that can give mr biggs run for their money interms of food n service quality as well as taste n price affordability.etc not even everybody was their fan people were force to because of no choice but many choices are now available.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by patrickmuf(m): 9:17am On Jul 27, 2013
One of the common cause of failure is overestimating one's self...Mr biggs overestimated the power of the brand and went on nation wide expansion(outreach) without considering their available resources(mainly human resources as regards competent staff and management elsewhere)...Dangote is Africa's richest man, but looks and looks and looks before he leaps hence his business is still booming despite the harsh reality(economic meltdown) on ground...

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by batstan(m): 9:17am On Jul 27, 2013
Junkz
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by StepG: 9:21am On Jul 27, 2013
DICKtator: Won't only tag their demise on competition. After all, they had the goodwill and strong customer base ,which they could have leveraged on, before the so-called competition arose.
The problems were bad management, the franchisor-franchisee agreement where most of the franchise did not work on their total quality management.
Most were producing low-quality products and even services(Seen where the counter guys and security harass you for money?)
the mince-pie became flour/yeast-pie.
pilfering of their goods and inflated procurement prices.
i doubt if they studied their competitiors
All these still encompasses bad management
now mr smallz
grin grin grin grin
mr man u are still cimcumgyrating within the same spot,all u said still boil down to hot competitors that mr bigs cannot stand.at first no one notice how bad mr bigs services were untill d coming of new eateries.
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 27, 2013
I no lie.
Yea, you no lie...johnson ur mechanic came in to charge his phone...with kerosine lamps?
Besides, johnson ur mechanic dey do night work abi?
Na real true u dey talk.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by twaintoy(f): 9:22am On Jul 27, 2013
Come to Akure, the Ondo State capital, u will see a mr biggz branch using candle to serve the only 1 customer they have. There was a day I asked the lady that posses as the boss why they alwayz use candles, she said the gen was not working and no fuel. Its either there's no ice cream or pop corn, the only thing they have left is the left-over friend and jollof rice over the counter. Go to Ado Ekiti, mr biggz have folded up, infact, the building have been sold out. In Osun state, Ondo and ekiti states, there is a new eatery in town called Captain Cook. This eatery have succeded in ruining and closing down all mr biggz outlets across these 3states I mentioned earlier. The reign of mr biggz have come and gone. I doubt if they can still reign again.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by gerald09(m): 9:23am On Jul 27, 2013
The best way to regain dere market position dey will need change management ryt from UAC. Also location location location is everything dey need to open more branches @ petrol stations so motorist travelling wuld be force to buy when on a trip. Their product is very poor n sad looking.
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by orgasticdance: 9:23am On Jul 27, 2013
Creative destruction. Innovative companies eat up rigid and inflexible ones. No company is immune from this. the vaunted and stroried companies of today easily become the losers and bygones of tomorow if they don't adapt. If you dont adapt you die in business, its that simple undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? / See The Little Potatoe I Bought For 1K Today (pic) / Trending Video Of Reduced Sachet Water Size In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.