Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,911 members, 7,838,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Berti Vogts Must Go - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Berti Vogts Must Go (12158 Views)

Poll: Should Berti Vogts be sacked?

Yes: 74% (182 votes)
No: 25% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Ex-Germany Boss Berti Vogts Tells Why Gareth Bale Won't Make It / Berti Vogts Pelted With Toilet Paper In Azerbajan. / Berti Vogts Drags Nff To Fifa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Jairzinho(m): 11:27am On Jan 26, 2008
The reason i think he should go is because he's obviously a very average manager.

The substitutions were done in panic,and looking at the performances against CI & Mali,its obvious he lacks the capacity to hadle such a team with so much potential as Nigeria.

I say farewell to the ANC  & lets rebuild from this disgraceful outing.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dayokanu(m): 11:29am On Jan 26, 2008
@TOSINADEDA,
BUT WHAT HAS GUINEA WON? SCORING 4 GOALS MEANS NOTHING.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dayokanu(m): 11:30am On Jan 26, 2008
its obvious he lacks the capacity to hadle such a team with so much potential as Nigeria.

WHICH POTENTIAL WITH ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WITH PLAYERS IN DIV 2? AND ONLY ONE UCL PLAYER.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by tosinadeda: 11:33am On Jan 26, 2008
dayokanu:

@TOSINADEDA,
BUT WHAT HAS GUINEA WON? SCORING 4 GOALS MEANS NOTHING.

mind u guinea is on 3pts man
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dayokanu(m): 11:48am On Jan 26, 2008
guinea has balde a ucl veteran, bangoura is best striker in dynamo kyiv ucl team
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by tosinadeda: 11:53am On Jan 26, 2008
bangoura my foot, that guy is a waster. which ever ways u look at it, we av a better squad than guinea and they av pumped in 5goals
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by henchmark: 11:57am On Jan 26, 2008
people why cry when the head is off, lets talk about NIG-BEN match, and pray mali loses to cote'devoire
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dayokanu(m): 11:59am On Jan 26, 2008
nIGERIAN PLAYER WOULD MOVE FROM UCL PLAYING TEAMS TO MEDIOCRE TEAMS- YOBO MARSEILE TO EVERTON, AYEGBENI- MACCABI TO PORTSMOUTH DIVISION 2, MARTINS- INTER TO NEWCASTLE, OSAZE LILLE TO LOCOMOTIVE ETC.

MALI- KANOUTE SPURS TO SEVILLA, DIARRA LYON TO REAL, SEYDOU- LILLE TO SEVILLA, SISSOKO-VALENCIA TO LIVERPOOL TO JUVE.

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE. ONE TEAM MOVING UP ANOTHER MOVING DOWN
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dayokanu(m): 12:06pm On Jan 26, 2008
bangoura my foot, that guy is a waster. which ever ways u look at it, we av a better squad than guinea and they av pumped in 5goals

The guy has 3 goals in 3 UCL games including a 25-yard strike against English Premiership champions Manchester United in his sides 4-2 defeat on 23 October 2007. He also scored a famous 2 goals against Dynamo's main rival, Shakhtar Donetsk on November 11, 2007. Dynamo Kyiv end up winning 2-1 on harsh snow weather.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by tosinadeda: 12:07pm On Jan 26, 2008
so?
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by anasey(m): 12:12pm On Jan 26, 2008
that guy should be SACKED
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by RuuDie(m): 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2008
2 all those calling vogts mediocre, the man was 1ce european champ oh!

Take a look @ our players. . . . Sm of em play outta position 4 their clubs, so that ain't an excuse. Kanu aside, mikel is the playa with the most potential as creative m/fder. Defence was o.k!
I can't fault vogts selection/tactics. . . . . He made do with what was @ his disposal. A lot those playas just refused 2 live up 2 the pre-tourney hype!
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by adisunny(m): 12:15pm On Jan 26, 2008
D thing wey fit the man be say make he become ball boy(man) for stadium he no be coach at all

we just they waste resources

well God Dey
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dayokanu(m): 12:16pm On Jan 26, 2008
@Tosin,
Which Nigerian player has that kind of record in the last 3 seasons in the UCL?

@ Ruudie spot on Nigerian players are crap. Compare the club we play to the clubs Malians and Ivorians our last 2 opponents play
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by honeric01(m): 12:17pm On Jan 26, 2008
berti vorts or volkswagen must go, the guy knows nothing about football, for god's sake, he sucks, i think a coach in nigerian league would do more than what he has done so far, we have been wasting money on useless and unnoticed white people all these while. this is the worst nations cup i have watched where you see nigeria with all the stars in the world, yet can't even score a goal because the stupid vorts can't even select a proper 11 players, not to talk of using a good formation, no midfield play yesterday, we played like school boys playing o.g.o, screw super chickens, for now there is nothing in them thats super, if berti vorts don't leave now, we are doomed forever, no world cup for 2010.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dayokanu(m): 12:18pm On Jan 26, 2008
Ruudie,
nIGERIAN PLAYER WOULD MOVE FROM UCL PLAYING TEAMS TO MEDIOCRE TEAMS- YOBO MARSEILE TO EVERTON, AYEGBENI- MACCABI TO PORTSMOUTH DIVISION 2, MARTINS- INTER TO NEWCASTLE, OSAZE LILLE TO LOCOMOTIVE ETC.

MALI- KANOUTE SPURS TO SEVILLA, DIARRA LYON TO REAL, SEYDOU- LILLE TO SEVILLA, SISSOKO-VALENCIA TO LIVERPOOL TO JUVE.

SPOT THE DIFFERENCE. ONE TEAM MOVING UP ANOTHER MOVING DOWN
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by honeric01(m): 12:26pm On Jan 26, 2008
pls can we tell nfa to allow eguavoen to continue with the eagles?
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by tosinadeda: 12:38pm On Jan 26, 2008
dayo which player in egypt has that record?
it has to do with playing as a team, and the tactics of the coach
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Eclairs: 12:39pm On Jan 26, 2008
Is amazin how we find it easy to blame the coach when a futie match doesnt go well. The players shd take blame as well. Sack the coach, re u goin to sack the players as well?

If anyone thought Nigeria was goin to win Mali on the basics of the Ivory coast match, then the person has to wake up. the honest truth is the Nigerian football is experiencin free fall at the moment and shd they beat Benin, that to me wld be an upset.

as far as I am concern, the one thing that is lackin is Pride, they played like the National team doesnt mean too much to them.

I beg, I think we'd all benefit from thinkin less of the situation. at least I'm definitely not watchin the Benin Game. God forbid.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dayokanu(m): 12:43pm On Jan 26, 2008
@Tosin,
Most Egyptians play at home but all Nigerians play in Europe so you should ask for the record of Egyptian players in CAF champions league.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by folahann(m): 12:58pm On Jan 26, 2008
Now Dayokanu is puting the blame on Nigerian plaayers not playing in the UCL; stop that!!.
Why play in an uncompetitive league all because of shit UCL
Nigeria is simply the England of Africa
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by prince84(m): 1:03pm On Jan 26, 2008
@ all

The team is wack, The management is wack, The coaches are wack
All of them na pussies

Scrap the team, CIV 0 MAL 1, NIG 0 BEN 0

A team with 7 strikers martins,yakubu,nsofor,osaze,uche,makinwa,utaka all 7 playing in one match they no fit score half goal
all of them na pussies, wat have they even achieved that is making them proud.

Fools
Make them no attempt come Nigeria cus i have called nigerdelta vigilante force if them enter kidnapp MUST happen,

Thats my word!!!
I DEY VEX
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dayokanu(m): 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2008
Wont you rather play in Lyon with regular UCL than play in Portsmouth? Wouldnt you rather play in Celtic than play in Derby? Wouldnt you rather play in PSV than play in Middlesboro?

UCL is shit? The best club tournament is shit? well what more can I say

Nigerian players are crap no wonder they are not considered for top awards.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by tosinadeda: 1:06pm On Jan 26, 2008
prince who u come dey vex for? go knack head for wall now grin no mind me o, na evrybody dey vex jare
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by folahann(m): 1:19pm On Jan 26, 2008
Almost all the English players play yin the UCL, yet their eaach player's ASS IS RED
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by MP007(m): 1:24pm On Jan 26, 2008
"if naija aint in a competition, the competition aint sweet", with all thses nonsence, na lie
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by gbokukueba(m): 1:35pm On Jan 26, 2008
My good people of Nigeria, The problem is not entirely that of Vogts. Look at our so called best players where do they play? How many of them play in the Champion's League regularly? How many of them is likely to win a major trophy with their clubs this season? We all know the answer. As long as our players focus on the big money in the English league their competitive edge will continue to nosedive. Apart from the big 4 clubs in England the rest are potato clubs that has no potential at all. Look at Utaka, his standard of play has reduced compaired to when he was in France same goes for Martins(who is tactically deficient to be a top striker). The players are all compairing themselves with Kanu(who has won it all). Our future as a footballing nation lies on the under 23 boys who seem to be ungry to make a name for themselves ecept for Mikel none plays in England. As for local coaches i have my reservations for them because they can't stand for what is right. When greedy NFA officials forces players on them they have no choice than to oblige and also quota system will creep into the team. I beleive Westerhof should be given the job, the man screewed up but is on his knees begging us. Lets forget what he has done and give him the job. The guy lives in Nigeria and can help discover more player for the national teams.

God help the s Eagles,  they aint SUPER at all.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dayokanu(m): 1:39pm On Jan 26, 2008
Gbokukueba,
Exactly my points. Did you copy and edit my earlier posts?(lol) How can we do well with a lot of division 2 players and in other mediocre clubs How many of our players are in top 4 in their various leagues yet we want to beat Cote D'Ivore and mali

Beggars wish
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by bgees(m): 1:49pm On Jan 26, 2008
and what if he won trophies as a player.the trophies he won as coach,he won as an assistant coach.BERTI VOGTS MUST QUIT COACHING IN GENERAL.not every player has succeded as a coach.he should take a clue from van basten who want to quit coaching immediately after euro 2008.

vogts is a dullard
you dont have to play german football because you german.
he choicies of substitution have been very ridiculous.i will explain

osaze started on the right, he impressed.
halfway through the 1st half , we saw him at the right side of midfield and he then found it hard to impove.
and what did the fool called bert vogts do, instead of returning osaze to the right,the german bastard substituted him.

once again , berti vogts should quit coaching, he can even become a t.v sports analyst(i doubt that,becos he clearly knows nothing about the game).
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by cocoduck: 1:58pm On Jan 26, 2008
That berti na one kaind man wey I no know at all, U know what he will see guys wey want to play th help 9ja win remove dem then him go come put otondo now wetin Yakubu dey do there, wetin olofinjana dey do there, the main problem be say the coach no know where problem dey come from, if HIm go remove yakubu remove olofinjana, then at least we fit get one winning. thank God say olofin don get 2 yellow cards  so him go miss the next match, if GOD go make berti commot Yak use uche start  and osaze and martins den at least 1 gol but I no want make 9ja go 1/4 finals b/c  Ghana go commot 9ja, cry den we wey dey gabon go sufa well well from ghanians  so make them just from ghana dey go there respective clubs smiley
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by goldboy(m): 2:51pm On Jan 26, 2008
in an age when everybody is buyingand using fast moving cars that consume les at maximum speed and comfort, we(sorry our NFA) decided to go globe trottimng and galivanting in search of a common [b]vogts[/b]wagen, now can u imagine the speed withwhich we competed with our other competitors who were actually living in the 21st (abi na 22nd century). this is a real case of kolomental if u remember faze volkswagen in hislatest song,

we dont have any power talkless of [b]vogt[/b]age to challenge common Mali, (sorry for calling them common) , no urgency, no seriousness, no tactical wiseness from his part, he just stiood there last nite and decided to give Nigerias (sorry himpple) heart attack.

NFA !!! NFA !!! NFA !!! hmm how many times i call una, ennn una try oooo, can u imagine how all our govt pple ran to Ghana to watch nations cup and wonderfully drained our resources , all to drum supprt for Naija, i think we now know the real Eagles/, oooohhh i cry for us to have the eagles of Amokachi/westerhoof days,

Coach Yemi Tella , may ur soul rst in perfect peace, tnx for giving us hope , if u were here now, u might be shedding tears, but thank God, they dont cry in heaven,

under 17 and siasa holland under20, na do welll,

now u know waht everybody is praying for, ok, listen, foe CIV to beat Mali, and Mali not to score them , so that we can now beat Benin silly with much goals ad then qualify, hahahahah grin can u imagine that, why must we always pray like that, infact , they shd just scatter from ghana and go to their various clubs , Mikelabeg go back to ur bridge jare, stop crying,

tome oo, its not all about vogts alone, plshelp me pronounce that name, a lot oftins in our football is SICCCCCCCCKLY WRONG AND DEAD , its time to wake up and revive ,

ma pple , weak

we will get there
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Encomium(m): 2:52pm On Jan 26, 2008
Berti Vogts should stay, its only Austin Egueavon should go cos he has been there for the past three editions of the Nations cup. Also, the NFA(No Future Ambition) led by Fura dunu, I mean Lulu should be shown the way out cos they are not performing. They are only there to share the available fund.
Let Dr Mike Adenuga (Chairman of Globacom) be encouraged by doing some turnaround maintanance work on our so called Super Eagle cos he is the one that pays the bills of the German Technical Advicer!!!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Interested in playing abroad? (footballers & basketballers) / Everton 1-0 Newcastle: Alex Iwobi Comes To Lampard’s Rescue With A Late Goal / Nigeria’s 21-player List For Women Cup Of Nations Released By CAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.