Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,935 members, 7,838,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Berti Vogts Must Go - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Berti Vogts Must Go (12159 Views)

Poll: Should Berti Vogts be sacked?

Yes: 74% (182 votes)
No: 25% (62 votes)
This poll has ended

Ex-Germany Boss Berti Vogts Tells Why Gareth Bale Won't Make It / Berti Vogts Pelted With Toilet Paper In Azerbajan. / Berti Vogts Drags Nff To Fifa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by NEHEMS: 3:25pm On Jan 26, 2008
THE COACH MUST STAY. DO BLAME THE COACH OR YOU BLAME THE PLAYERS. LET THE PLAYERS GOOOOO. NA THE COACH GO ENTER FIELD PLAY THE BALL FOR UNA. THE DON TRY HIS BEST TRAIN THEM WELL EVRYBODY JUST THE PLAY NONSENCE EVEN TO CONTROL BALL DE NO SABI BUT IF THEM DE EUROPE M.OBI GO THE PLAY BALL LIKE WIZARD BUT WHEN THE COME HOME EVERYBODY GO THEY PLAY ANY HOW. I LIKE Vogts.
WHY UNA NO DE ACCEPT DEFIT FOR UNA LIFE. EVRY YEAR NIGERANS FAN GO DE PUSH THE BLAME TO THE COACH. NA SOSO CHANGE-CHANGE OF COACH DE SABI. I DON'T KNOW AFTER VOGTS WHO NEXT?
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by FBS: 3:33pm On Jan 26, 2008
NEhems, abi wetin be your name, ? which planet are you from and how long have you been watching football? There are times you loose a match and you loose honorably, but that is not the case of the yeye eagles.

surely the coach and the team is to blame. The coach is the planner and when things don't go according to plan, who do you blame? The fans or the coach?

Berti is a looser and it shows on his face. why the heck is he paid all that money for? To whom more is given, much more his expected.

The football loving Nigerians has the absolute right to ask for the yeye coach's sack.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by skyone(m): 4:20pm On Jan 26, 2008
More grease to your elbow FBS

in fact we don't need any foreign base players they have done enough damages, the home base guys will deliver the job better. At one point it was as if i'm watching somalia versus Mali playing, this ye ye eagles that cant even fly can cause damage to one's health.

Any my new team in this tournament now is Ivory Coast.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Emad(f): 4:42pm On Jan 26, 2008
Well i thank God now Nigerians will understand why Vogts was fired from Scotland

Rubiiiiiiiiiishhhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by ziimba: 5:10pm On Jan 26, 2008
hello people!!!
begti vogt is not our problem, based on what i saw in yesterday match the coach has done well. see our defene line it was okey based on my judgement.they know how to do it at the right time. even our midfielders did perfectly well, i mean they were somehow organised.the line the communication was there. but were our problem is is in the attachers, we dont have any stricker there to compare to other african countries.martins and yakubu were too dizzy to be there.
what i want people to understand is that , this is our country , it is up to us develop our players , these white coaches will only operates on the one we have they are going to bring feriegn players for us.i mean its not like clubs were u can buy players u like with money.
what i mean is that we should give him time, if we continue like that we can have one.
as of now we dont have strikers who can perfom,we did not produse them, so the coach cannot vomit them for us, he will only work with the few we have .
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by skyone(m): 5:34pm On Jan 26, 2008
@ZIIMBA

You are highly contradictory and i'm fully convinced that your main sport is "ten ten" or "Ayo olopon"
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by skyone(m): 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2008
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by honeric01(m): 5:46pm On Jan 26, 2008
rubbish, make una keep crying, the best thing for Naija now is to start watching Nigerian league in respective of what or where they play the game, if you get a player that can play well on a bad pitch, then he is going to be a champion when he plays on a good pitch, just think about that,
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by dokkyalhaj: 5:57pm On Jan 26, 2008
berti vogts must sack because he doesnt know anythn about african football.thanks.chealsea4life
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by ifyalways(f): 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2008
skyone:

@ZIIMBA

You are highly contradictory and i'm fully convinced that your main sport is "ten ten" or "Ayo olopon"
rotflmao.

@topic errrrrrr up CIV cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by folahann(m): 7:38pm On Jan 26, 2008
Wait ermm has he not been sacked yet
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by skfa1: 8:09pm On Jan 26, 2008
Hey ten ten and ayo olopon.kai that one bad o.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by camegirl(f): 8:21pm On Jan 26, 2008
cameroon is back
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by 9ja4eva: 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2008
Fluke
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by denony(m): 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2008
There is need to retain the man (Vogts abi Vom, "BULLSHIT"

Make una tell me wetin make that man drop all our midfielders, carry only mikel mount am for field. What do you think if MASTER JAY JAY OKOCHA is there, THE UNCROWNED KING OF AFRICAN SOCCER no kukuma wan stress himself because him don read Nigeria, NFA, the Coaches and their staffs, Him no wan talk, I see am as gentleman.  Talk about ORUMA, OBODO, ODIA, Infact e be like say them bribe that man make him come destroy our team.

He need to be brought to court with many count charges.

Even our local coaches went there came back with BRONZE.

CHRISTIAN CHUKWU went and came back with BRONZE, and NFA is owing the poor man  eight months salary No official car, no officia house, no security, no payment. Still he achieved to that extent and they were crying foul on him.

Eguevon also went came back with BRONZE, the next thing is for them to relegate him to assistant.

Now jobless VOGTS abi Vom. was employed with millions  of dollars, he is been paid ahead, every week hw will travel to Europe come back, be squashing Nigerian oil money, while our people are here suffering.

NFA Officials sabi business well well, them want a source in which they will start drilling from. USELESS PEOPLE.

Give Orji Uzor Kalu the Chance as NFA chairman and lets see what will happen.  

ABOKI NO SABI FOOTBALL, Vogts should be send back to Germany, with SOSOLISO FLIGHT MAKE HIM SEE WETIN HIM DO HIMSELF.

cry NAIJA IS IN TROUBLE FROM ALL ANGLE.

I LOVE JAY JAY THE KING OF AFRICAN SOCCER
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by FBS: 8:44pm On Jan 26, 2008
Many thanks skyone for backing me up, and truely, the current team is a joke. they are more of adiye ( chicken) than eagles. I mean, look at Sudan, they are even playing with more purpose and spirit.

Our game is so far the only goalless match, and with all these ye ye attackers with fat salary we have?

It is painful to say the least, but what can we do,

I beg, make NFA go under bridge for Oshodi and pack those boys, I tell you, those guys they play bastard!!! ( I mean positively of course) , They will play with so much passion and spirit that the current team lacks.

Needless to say, Betti Vogts is a clone of Maclaren, both men lack vision.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jan 26, 2008
Is GlobaCom paying or Subscribers?
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by tosinadeda: 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2008
subscribers offcourse
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by FBS: 8:58pm On Jan 26, 2008
seconded, of course subscribers, where does globacom gets its money from, ? them dey print am for house ni?
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by lilstunt19(m): 9:03pm On Jan 26, 2008
why una no one free dat guy?, wetin u want make him do for una?

Look at una so called super eagles as dem dey play fine-boy football, everybody de relax as if nothing concern dem,

To be sincere wit you dey do not care about Nigeria all dey care about is their Money dey gain in their respective club sides,

cool
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by FBS: 9:12pm On Jan 26, 2008
I think the bulk of our team should be home based, they will live in reality that they will have to come back home and if them mess up , they go hear am all the way from the airport!

but this foreign based players fly back to their respective clubs, no chance to deal with them, angry
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by scorpio1(m): 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2008
Guys,everybody should leave Berti Vogts alone, The man has done his best, is he the one that should play the ball?

We Nigerians should be objective here, he has featured all the players we have been shouting to see,that will do Miracle but all of them couldn't prove themselves.

They are here to show off that they are Big Boys in their clubs yet they cannot do their Nation Proud, Giving High blood pressure to more than 130Million People, Devastating!!!

Imagine Aiyegbeni shooting like a woman(Even Our Female team has more powerful shots than his).

I think Berti Vogts should overhaul the whole team and recruit fresh legs, it might take time but it will pay off in the long run, cos this team that are messing up now feel that they are doing us a favour by leaving Europe to come and suffer and play for us, They are unpatriotic with the exception of KANU, whom i know that if it were not for his injury he would have turned things around, !!!

We should'nt get a new coach, let's be consistent here and see what the future brings.

Am OUT!
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by FBS: 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2008
[b]scorpio, [/b]i'm sure you are not a Nigerian, what in the name of football are you talking about? Vogts and the team is to be blamed. He is to be sacked with immediate effect. He had several months to prepare for the Nations cup but he was busy criss-crossing the continent. How can the coach of a national team spend less that than 10% of his time in that nation?

He is been paid heavily to deliver the goods and of he doesn't they should sack the yeye man. chukwu, eguavon all had bronze, and nfa still they owe them salary , but they were sacked so who is vogts that he cannot get sacked? he is a total looser, period!
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by sweetonyx(m): 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2008
Kindly give us SIASIA and Naija will be great again.
Siasia saw this coming when it seemed like he was the only Nigerian criticising Vomit long before the nations cup.
If the local coach is not Siasia,then lets manage the oyibo vomit cry cry cry
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by theboy0808(m): 10:01pm On Jan 26, 2008
[size=36pt]Bleep BERTI VOGTS!

THE GUY IS SOOO STUPID!!

Bleep MAKINWA, YAKUBU & MARTINS!!![/size]
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by scorpio1(m): 10:12pm On Jan 26, 2008
EBS, , Me na Core Omo-Naija, ts just dat you are getting this all wrong,
The fault is from the players, Let's leave the coach to go back to his drawing board cos now he has seen the errors, ,

But if they will agree to give it to Siasia, That will be the best move!!!!,

AND MY SHOUT OUT TO MARTINS>>>YAKUBU(For Being such a big dissapointment, Pregnant Man!!!)>>>>OLOFINJANA(For Not clearing Kalou rather raising up his hands), DAMN ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by sweetonyx(m): 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2008
@scorpio1
The last drawing board we had in Nigeria is still missin even as I write this post

What we need now is not a Drawing board which is usually very costly But SIASIA

shocked shocked shocked did I hear u Say Who? Well YES, SIASIA
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by sweetonyx(m): 10:30pm On Jan 26, 2008
Samson Siasia is about the best local coach we have now,Even when he failed to get some of
the players he wanted against Ghana(under 23 qualifiers) He still gave us the much desired result.
Delay may be risky,Save Nigerian Football,Giive Siasia the JOB
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Benzene: 10:40pm On Jan 26, 2008
I respect all the opinions on this issue but I must say that neither Berti Vogts nor NFA is responsible of the problem in this competition. We have only one problem and that is the midfield. Mikel is supposed to be a creative midfielder, linking the attack and the defense. We have no play maker who can control the tempo of the game. Maybe Mikel Obi should think about the left-full back position in the Super Eagles. He is too defense-minded instead of being offensive.

All the attackers that featured were fairly OK but the tailor-made passes did not come from anywhere, Mikel Obi is the culprit. I am sure that any of the forwards: Obafemi Martins, Ike Uche, Osaze Odemwingie, John Utaka and Obinna Nsofor would have scored or got a penalty if through-passes came from the Midfield. I am surprised that Mikel Obi hardly passes any ball forward. He is meant to distribute the balls to the outside right, center forward and outside left.

Mikel Obi finds it difficult to make good dribble runs forward or launch a counter attacks. I am not saying that he does not give passes, but he should give goal-oriented passes, not passing to defenders and expecting them to pass to the attackers. We need creative midfielder who can contain pressure, dribble(when necessary) and give good passes to the attackers, not just tossing the ball up and expecting the stickers to gamble on the air. Mikel Obi (and other midfielder) made or stickers look ordinary on the pitch.

WE NEED NEW-GENERATION CREATIVE MID-FIELDERS LIKE OKOCHA AND OLISEH!!! MIKEL IS FAR FROM IT!!!
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by sley4life(m): 10:54pm On Jan 26, 2008
[b]Vogt must be fired. He is to face 100 count charge on money laundering and incapable of coaching. EFCC should visit him. Why should a coach be coaching our players from his home in Germany. Is he coaching german players? He is foooooolish for tryn to scam us. Glo must explain why they must pay him such a huge amount to coach us. They are using our money to pay him while he is coaching our players through sending them emails from Germany on what to do. He watches Nigeria match through the internet/DSTV with his wife and family in Germany. FIFA should also come and explain to us our Nigeria is the first in africa in fifa monthly ranking. I guess there is match fixing and fraud in this ranking. How can we play friendly games with Sudan, Rwanda, Tanzania, Mauritania, Niger, Chad, Bostwana and be top in africa when countries like Ghana, CIV are playing top friendlies, with France, Brazil,Spain, Germany, USA and good teams and they are not top. FIFA must be sent to court to explain this scam. We didnt go to the world cup and we didnt play good friendlies and we are top, they are crazy for such ranking, to Hell with their ranking We must concentrate on our local league players, Under-17,Under-20 and U23 players for future tournament.[/b]
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by sweetonyx(m): 10:59pm On Jan 26, 2008
Benzene:

I respect all the opinions on this issue but I must say that neither Berti Vogts nor NFA is responsible of the problem in this competition. We have only one problem and that is the midfield. Mikel is supposed to be a creative midfielder, linking the attack and the defense. We have no play maker who can control the tempo of the game. Maybe Mikel Obi should think about the left-full back position in the Super Eagles. He is too defense-minded instead of being offensive.

All the attackers that featured were fairly OK but the tailor-made passes did not come from anywhere, Mikel Obi is the culprit. I am sure that any of the forwards: Obafemi Martins, Ike Uche, Osaze Odemwingie, John Utaka and Obinna Nsofor would have scored or got a penalty if through-passes came from the Midfield. I am surprised that Mikel Obi hardly passes any ball forward. He is meant to distribute the balls to the outside right, center forward and outside left.

Mikel Obi finds it difficult to make good dribble runs forward or launch a counter attacks. I am not saying that he does not give passes, but he should give goal-oriented passes, not passing to defenders and expecting them to pass to the attackers. We need creative midfielder who can contain pressure, dribble(when necessary) and give good passes to the attackers, not just tossing the ball up and expecting the stickers to gamble on the air. Mikel Obi (and other midfielder) made or stickers look ordinary on the pitch.

WE NEED NEW-GENERATION CREATIVE MID-FIELDERS LIKE OKOCHA AND OLISEH!!! MIKEL IS FAR FROM IT!!!

Well about Mikel being the culprit,I strongly Disagree with you.He's a fine player and can be better used by a Good coach as proven by Siasia and Mourinho.
Re: Berti Vogts Must Go by Esss(m): 11:03pm On Jan 26, 2008
Ladies & Gentlemen,

I sat in that staduim and watched both matches live and I have come to one conclusion,

THE GLORY OF GOD HAS DEPARTED FROM THE SUPER EAGLES OF NIGERIA

It would not be suprising if we do not qualify for 2010.
Not only should vogts be sacked, Makinwa should be jailed, Olofijana should apologize on National T.V to nigerians for wearing our jersey, Martins should be flogged, Mikel should be hanged, Apam is still young so we can forgive him.

The coach should explain why the likes of Oruma, Obodo, Odiah & Ayila were not invited for this tournament. Its like the team is being sabotaged by some people somewhere.

Its a shame that these clowns were actually allowed to fill in the boots of the like of Amokachi, Oliseh, Finidi, Yekini, and the boys of 94.

I'm sorry to say this but the eagles have fallen, the question is if we would be able to correct our mistakes in time and rise again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Interested in playing abroad? (footballers & basketballers) / Everton 1-0 Newcastle: Alex Iwobi Comes To Lampard’s Rescue With A Late Goal / Nigeria’s 21-player List For Women Cup Of Nations Released By CAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.