Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One (11225 Views)

She Came With 3 Friends To Meet Me At The Eatery - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / 10 Things Most Girls Do When Going To Meet Their Boyfriends / How Do You Know Your Partner Is The Right One For You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by uchedydy: 10:38am On Oct 27, 2012
vivian chinaza: Nothing! No strategy, conscious effort whatsoever! I just live my life, go to places when its necessary. When the time comes, things will work themselves out. That's my belief!
u dnt v the tenacity and drive dt trips me....dnt say babes shd toast me ooo, bt a little drive ,maybe by 'body langauge' would make dem take dia destiny in dia own hands.

1 Like

Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by djeezy(m): 10:44am On Oct 27, 2012
@topic. I think it's the guys that makes the conscious effort while the women have to wait. They have the power to either accept the offer or reject. In strictu legal sensu, the women are like invitation to treat. Any woman who makes conscious effort is ipso facto deemed by the society απϑ populace as being cheap in the particular locus she resides. As a man, I have made deliberate απϑ conscious efforts towards finding the right one. I go to decent places, like conferences, functions, inter alia. I solely believe that the kind of place you go to determine the kind of women you'll find. You can not go to a brothel απϑ expect to find a woman who is not promiscuous.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by vivianc(f): 11:02am On Oct 27, 2012
uchedydy:
u dnt v the tenacity and drive dt trips me....dnt say babes shd toast me ooo, bt a little drive ,maybe by 'body langauge' would make dem take dia destiny in dia own hands.

I think you are saying a different thing altogether. That I don't put extra effort in meeting Mr. Right doesn't mean I ain't crazy. Guy I'm not always a prude.......got a tiny bit of craziness in me too.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 27, 2012
One thing I looked for and found was content of character. We can always meet people anywhere, but I don't believe that is what finding is all about. Its was said about the man that found a piece of jewery in a land; He went sold all he had and bought that land.
If I did explain this practically : I met my wife on fb,which was my own village square as an I.T person.I went through her timeline and pictures (please non should patronize me,that why its called fb), and looked out for things like photoshoped pictures which I didn't see(natural was a plus), and square/swear words (which I ddnt see), before I started asking for her nos. We got talking, one thing lead to another and the rest is history.

Note : I was having lots of friends at the time because of the nature of my job, but I ddnt see them ask qualified, because of content of character. And for me the quickest way to know this is by what/how they say what they say (out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks).some did pretend but not long, the character will speak, either they react angrily as a result of status or pride, impatience, e.t.c

Like a chemistry experiment,these were some of the indicators of finding my wife

5 Likes

Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Ramcie(f): 11:30am On Oct 27, 2012
Super1759: travelling to another state, ethnicity spoils the show
Going to universities.(Same girls as street girls)

Spend money and time doing all sorts of online dating thrash.

Attending the cutest church and insisting to seat close to a cute babe(like house on the rock and christ embassy).
Going to clubs and cinema.(Prostitutes dominates the searc)h

I keep getting rubbish babes,same visionless girls. The next step,as discussed with my friend is travelling to asian and european countries.
Bible said,he who finds a wife.... We are still finding.

I must find my mrs Right by force!!

If that's you on your profile, (I go Marry you) cos I can see you've got lots and lots of muscles) and I like someone who would always carry me like a baby kiss kiss
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 27, 2012

Attending the cutest church and insisting to seat close to a cute babe(like house on the rock and christ embassy).

I keep getting rubbish babes,same visionless girls. The next step,as discussed with my friend is travelling to asian and european countries.

RODFLMAO
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 27, 2012
Ramcie:
If that's you on your profile, (I go Marry you) cos I can see you've got lots and lots of muscles) and I like someone who would always carry me like a baby kiss kiss
You are on a long thing lol.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 27, 2012
190-the-clown:
huh, what was the topic about again
The topic its abt d efforts u made, in finding those your seven gfs.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 27, 2012
divinelove: Tnx for dropping by n leaving ur tots

@ vivian chinaza
d problem with leaving everything to chance is dt one keep getting d wrong ppl. I think we need to position ourself in d right places to meet d right person. One needs alot of goodluck to meet d right person by chance esp if one has specific qualifies he/she is lookin for. Dts y i am talkin abt conscious efforts

One needs GOODLUCK coupled with PATIENCE to meet the right person.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 27, 2012
LastApostle:
Can I BEAM my HIGH intensity search light towards your direction?

Do you work with the coal mines
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 27, 2012
ItsModella:
you're always making sense.

Yes, Thank you.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 27, 2012

Am with you in the spirit. We will soon invite INTERPOL to join the search party. hmmm. This is serious.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by IMMUNO1(m): 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2012
U guys are digressing. As for me, I prayed n fasted for her arrival and when she finally came around....I never took chances.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 27, 2012
vivian chinaza:

Imo, the wrong people are everywhere! The same people you meet in the clubs, you will meet in the church, u will meet at the pool, or gym, bank, and corporate gatherings. Meeting them there doesn't make them the right one.

The moment I knew I was ready to commit myself entirely to someone or I knew I was ready for marriage I started preparing myself for it, I started developing myself for it, and that's the only strategy I have got. You know living and building my life, equipping myself with what it takes to be a good friend, wife and mother someday. And yes, at the process of doing that I have met people.

Honestly, I have never been to anywhere when its not necessary........I have never been to anywhere just because I wanna position myself or whatsoever. I'm always at home when I have got nothing to do outside.

Vivian, I'm married and I have a successful marriage. Your position offers a new perspective in the quest for a life partner that I never looked at seriously. I can't help but commend you on your thoughts and I'm confident that you'll have a blissful marriage with such sense of responsibility. Chi n'aza. Your Chi will answer you.
The guy I just said yes to few hours ago, I met him at a friend's office but I went there for a different thing altogether. I don't know if he is the right person, I guess right now all I need is grace and good luck.

I have learned that certain things in life have no arithmetic formular and one of those things is finding love.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by divinelove(m): 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2012
okpara ugo:

One needs GOODLUCK coupled with PATIENCE to meet the right person.
grin grin

goodluck n patience dt sounds lik presido n d wife lol. Keep them coming ladies n gents
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by martindgre: 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2012
The thing is that most Nigerian single ladies wants to get married but to the confortable guy or rich guy, but this class of girls are mostly from low income homes. So the really fall in love for what there parents couldn't afford that a guy some where that toasted them have. Most guys really want to marry but lacks the well withal that goes with such activities as our society gradually turn out to be.
Eleke the bird told his children since hunters has learn to shot without missing she will also fly without petching.
So guys in the house this is my advice since single ladies go/prefer rich guys. my research find out it is ladies from low income family, so see what to do go for girls from high income homes, since the same effort required to talk to both class apply. Girls from low income homes pretend a lot. Remember the higher you go for any pursuit the cooler it becomes. For ladies you need not to search for the financially rich guy but for the guy that has the fear of GOD then look on his brain from the words that comes from his mouth because out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speak't, money come and goes but if the source is dynamic it will always come again and again.ladies should also remember that even though the like faking everything from eye lashes, to shoes etc yeah your beauty will attract a man but your character will
keep him, again in trying to marry is taboo to date a guy or a lady that is yet to make up his mind to settle down, 80% of married couples only married who was ready when they were not actually who the really want to marry. I purse for now.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Mcfemad(m): 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2012
Maybe, I share how I met her. It doesn't require any conscious efforts or strenghts.
We met at the borehole days back in school; there was no water in all the male hostel, so i went to the female block to fetch. We fought right there and later became friends. The rest is now history.
Op, when the time comes, you'll get to meet her. You need not worry!
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by crackhaus: 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2012
Meeting the right one is highly overated unless she used to be a reverend sister. My point is u can never know the right one until you've been together for at least 10years.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Delfino: 12:50pm On Oct 27, 2012
vivian chinaza: Nothing! No strategy, conscious effort whatsoever! I just live my life, go to places when its necessary. When the time comes, things will work themselves out. That's my belief!

That's the key.
If you know your worth why force things so natural as this to happen ??

Obey the law of attraction!

1 Like

Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Jarus(m): 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2012
Combed Nairaland
Attending introduction/wedding ceremonies
Flashing back to those I had crush for in primary, secondary schools, to try reconnect
Friends' recommendations
Family recommendations
Shadowed at a couple of universities' MSSN programmes

Interestingly, the eventual right one did not come from any of the above conscious. It came while returning home in annoyance when 'one caught in wedding ceremony' fall my hand cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Jarus(m): 1:20pm On Oct 27, 2012
Places/people I never gave a thought
-workplace(colleagues)
-open campus
-mates in universities
-Facebook(too artificial for my liking)
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by proudlyafrican(m): 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2012
Conscious effort? Went to my friends house saw his sister and she became the right one.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by solomto(f): 1:49pm On Oct 27, 2012
It depends, bt some find theirs after praying if ur d type that believes in efficacy of prayer.
My brother constantly looked for her betterhalf bt after years of searching,though he met a lot of ladys bt none was his choice then. He then decided to hand it over to God and wt his perseverance in prayer over it,he finally met her.
He told me that he always ask God to show him the one and God did as he asked. It just happened like a magic after praying in the chapel,he didnt know wen he slept off and a vision came to him. He saw himself on a bus going to work and a lady wearing black skirt and a white stripe shirt was sitting beside him and he likes her bt didnt know hw to ask for her number to avoid embarrasment. The lady later went down b4 him and his conscience started disturbing him and he then woke up and ask God to help him wt d msg.
To cut the story short,he saw the girl on vision again at night in the same bus bt ask for a number and she didnt hesitate. So d following day, instead of driving to work he decided to take a bus and behold a lady wearing the same color sitting beside him and that is it. His wife told him that he likes him that very first day he saw him bt since he didnt make the move she then kept her cool too. Nw they ar happily married and she was the kind of woman he's bn looking for and God finally blessed him wt one.
So,if u believe in the efficacy of prayer,kneel down to God and he wont disappoint u. This doesn't mean u cnt meet ur wife or husband in anyother way.

2 Likes

Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 27, 2012
solomto: It depends, bt some find theirs after praying if ur d type that believes in efficacy of prayer.
My brother constantly looked for her betterhalf bt after years of searching,though he met a lot of ladys bt none was his choice then. He then decided to hand it over to God and wt his perseverance in prayer over it,he finally met her.
He told me that he always ask God to show him the one and God did as he asked. It just happened like a magic after praying in the chapel,he didnt know wen he slept off and a vision came to him. He saw himself on a bus going to work and a lady wearing black skirt and a white stripe shirt was sitting beside him and he likes her bt didnt know hw to ask for her number to avoid embarrasment. The lady later went down b4 him and his conscience started disturbing him and he then woke up and ask God to help him wt d msg.
To cut the story short,he saw the girl on vision again at night in the same bus bt ask for a number and she didnt hesitate. So d following day, instead of driving to work he decided to take a bus and behold a lady wearing the same color sitting beside him and that is it. His wife told him that he likes him that very first day he saw him bt since he didnt make the move she then kept her cool too. Nw they ar happily married and she was the kind of woman he's bn looking for and God finally blessed him wt one.
So,if u believe in the efficacy of prayer,kneel down to God and he wont disappoint u. This doesn't mean u cn meet ur wife or husband in anyother way.

Na lie!!!!
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by solomto(f): 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2012
irpheezy:

Na lie!!!!
ok
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Rustic: 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2012
solomto: It depends, bt some find theirs after praying if ur d type that believes in efficacy of prayer.
So,if u believe in the efficacy of prayer,kneel down to God and he wont disappoint u. This doesn't mean u cnt meet ur wife or husband in anyother way.
i hv heard similar miracles like that, stuff like that do happen.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nuezha(m): 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2012
Prayed and looked CLINICALLY!
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by MiniG: 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2012
You will always find the right person if you are ready to Love unconditionally . But if your first priority is to find someone that satisfies your inner craving before you commit, then be ready to sift through maze and maze to get the 'right one'

1 Like

Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by bobbyruffy(m): 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2012
exactly! Just be urself, live ur normal life n tinz will surely work out @ d ryt tym.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by bobbyruffy(m): 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2012
djeezy: Lmao! Goodluck with your arduous search for love. 2go hungry girls. cheesy
u dont have 2 judge, all gurls are not d same. I met my wife on 2go and shes d best tin dat ever happened 2 my life. #winks#
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2012
for a lady, i may agree with u. For a guy like i am, i bliv it shd be a conscious effort because it is a serious business/contract/partnership. A guy need to know what he want in his wife to be and where he is most likely to find her.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by uchedydy: 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2012
vivian chinaza:

I think you are saying a different thing altogether. That I don't put extra effort in meeting Mr. Right doesn't mean I ain't crazy. Guy I'm not always a prude.......got a tiny bit of craziness in me too.
go vivi go vivi go vivi.....nice one tink i wanna meet ya....uchedydy@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Do U Have A Crush On In Nairaland? / Causes, Cure For Late Marriage / How CRAZY was/is your Ex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.