Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One (11226 Views)

She Came With 3 Friends To Meet Me At The Eatery - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / 10 Things Most Girls Do When Going To Meet Their Boyfriends / How Do You Know Your Partner Is The Right One For You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2012
sadeiyare: One thing I looked for and found was content of character. We can always meet people anywhere, but I don't believe that is what finding is all about. Its was said about the man that found a piece of jewery in a land; He went sold all he had and bought that land.
If I did explain this practically : I met my wife on fb,which was my own village square as an I.T person.I went through her timeline and pictures (please non should patronize me,that why its called fb), and looked out for things like photoshoped pictures which I didn't see(natural was a plus), and square/swear words (which I ddnt see), before I started asking for her nos. We got talking, one thing lead to another and the rest is history.

Note : I was having lots of friends at the time because of the nature of my job, but I ddnt see them ask qualified, because of content of character. And for me the quickest way to know this is by what/how they say what they say (out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks).some did pretend but not long, the character will speak, either they react angrily as a result of status or pride, impatience, e.t.c

Like a chemistry experiment,these were some of the indicators of finding my wife
bros u make plenty sense.

1 Like

Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by WAM1(f): 3:18pm On Oct 27, 2012
sadeiyare: One thing I looked for and found was content of character. We can always meet people anywhere, but I don't believe that is what finding is all about. Its was said about the man that found a piece of jewery in a land; He went sold all he had and bought that land.
If I did explain this practically : I met my wife on fb,which was my own village square as an I.T person.I went through her timeline and pictures (please non should patronize me,that why its called fb), and looked out for things like photoshoped pictures which I didn't see(natural was a plus), and square/swear words (which I ddnt see), before I started asking for her nos. We got talking, one thing lead to another and the rest is history.

Note : I was having lots of friends at the time because of the nature of my job, but I ddnt see them ask qualified, because of content of character. And for me the quickest way to know this is by what/how they say what they say (out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks).some did pretend but not long, the character will speak, either they react angrily as a result of status or pride, impatience, e.t.c

Like a chemistry experiment,these were some of the indicators of finding my wife

Great answer!

1 Like

Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by crackhaus: 3:21pm On Oct 27, 2012
I must admit, this is the least romantic meet-up story I ever heard, no insult intended.
bobbyruffy: u dont have 2 judge, all gurls are not d same. I met my wife on 2go and shes d best tin dat ever happened 2 my life. #winks#
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by DECOtech(m): 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2012
As guys, we meet promised looking/eligible spinsters every/anywhere, every/anytime. but the thing is not all eligible spinster would be suitable for you. The big question is -WHAT IS IT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?- The first thing is knowing who you are then you can know what suits you. I made the mistake of not first identifying what I wanted and ended up in a web of relationships. Simply pretending to be broke was how I got out of that mess. I have eliminated 6 candidates that way. One is still standing(hanging on), turns out she used to be about the least I had any kind of plans for but things have taken a big swing around between us and I'm left with no choice but to conclude she might be the CHOSEN ONE . still keeping up my act though to see how much longer she can endure. wish me luck guys!

1 Like

Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by chiefbatiatus(m): 4:06pm On Oct 27, 2012
atbu1983: for a lady, i may agree with u. For a guy like i am, i bliv it shd be a conscious effort because it is a serious business/contract/partnership. A guy need to know what he want in his wife to be and where he is most likely to find her.

I don't think search for a life partner should be as serious as u make it sound. I think there is a downside to this perception that u must hookup by all means and that the man has the burden to make it happen. That's why nowadays u see the ladies having a laid-back attitude towards guys because they believe you should be the one toasting even if they don't do anything to encourage you on. And foolishly most men are happy to be on the toasting side for months and weeks since ladies are just that 'special' creature meant for them by destiny! What a crap! While I would not want a lady to toast guys, I believe she has a burden to indicate interest by some subtle means otherwise as for me nothing is gonna happen. If a lady sees what she wants she has to encourage the person, that's my philosophy. Infact I believe any guy that keeps toasting even where he isn't encouraged is daft naturally and not a good choice.
Lastly one of the first problems that arises from most marriages occurs when the 'toasting' man who pleaded throughout to make the marriage happen now turns around after the wedding to assert some authority or contrary opinion. This normally shocks then seriously offends the lady who has been spoilt by the 'toasting' guy. Its like re-negotiating and it has caused problems in many marriages. So my point is girls should start knowing that soon their comfort zone of sitting comfortably to be toasted will soon end o! And it has started.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Ezyoung(m): 4:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
toilet i guess.. Mtcheeew!
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by DECOtech(m): 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2012
Ezyoung: toilet i guess.. Mtcheeew!
Yes na! toilet no be place?
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Bamz(m): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2012
Efficacy of prayer can't be overemphasized. As a guy/girl, God can always show you the right person in a lot of different ways... But it's left for you to make the final effort to meet that person. Some people do otherwise anyway, they find a partner, and pray to God the relationship works out.

1 Like

Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2012
chief batiatus:

I don't think search for a life partner should be as serious as u make it sound. I think there is a downside to this perception that u must hookup by all means and that the man has the burden to make it happen. That's why nowadays u see the ladies having a laid-back attitude towards guys because they believe you should be the one toasting even if they don't do anything to encourage you on. And foolishly most men are happy to be on the toasting side for months and weeks since ladies are just that 'special' creature meant for them by destiny! What a crap! While I would not want a lady to toast guys, I believe she has a burden to indicate interest by some subtle means otherwise as for me nothing is gonna happen. If a lady sees what she wants she has to encourage the person, that's my philosophy. Infact I believe any guy that keeps toasting even where he isn't encouraged is daft naturally and not a good choice.
Lastly one of the first problems that arises from most marriages occurs when the 'toasting' man who pleaded throughout to make the marriage happen now turns around after the wedding to assert some authority or contrary opinion. This normally shocks then seriously offends the lady who has been spoilt by the 'toasting' guy. Its like re-negotiating and it has caused problems in many marriages. So my point is girls should start knowing that soon their comfort zone of sitting comfortably to be toasted will soon end o! And it has started.
true the part about comfort zones, but I on my part just pray i meet the right person.I am quiet so I wont go around bumping into strangers trying to make friends, it must be someone that life brings along my path you know, thats the way I see it, but then I see so many beautiful women these days or is it the weather... grin grin grin grin
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Bamz(m): 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2012
lari03: true the part about comfort zones, but I on my part just pray i meet the right person.I am quiet so I wont go around bumping into strangers trying to make friends, it must be someone that life brings along my path you know, thats the way I see it, but then I see so many beautiful women these days or is it the weather... grin grin grin grin

LOL I think its the weather.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by scarphase(m): 6:24pm On Oct 27, 2012
Da poem below shows ow I met mine........had tried all sorts,from online to frnds sisters to church to school but I met her in a brt bus and we making plans to get married,so far she seem the right one for me.

Red bus discovery!!
Quietly she sat....eyes closed in d moving red bus!
Curiosly I stare.....could she be real or just a fuss!
Make 'A' move is da voice ma brain tells me!
Common sense tells makes mi let her be!

Time and time again I see a sleeping face of innocence!
Emotions so high I made a move out of pretence!
I dnt tink I can stand it anymore!
Feelings getting stronger dan before!

...And so I made a move...beside I her I sat!
....She felt da groove....her smile penetrates ma heart!
The picture of her smile still lingers!
Thought of loosing her makes gives me shivers!

Would she stay?would she go?
What can I say?what can I do?
Like a teenager am entangled in wat I wish I cld control!
Feelings like I jst had da experience of superbowl!
Wld she be mine?...a question only to be answered by Her!

She eventually said yes !!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by jpphilips(m): 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2012
seriously, women sit butt down at home waiting for a man miracle?
like seriouly?
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by chiefbatiatus(m): 7:13pm On Oct 27, 2012
[quote author=Ezyoung]toilet i guess.. Mtcheeew![/quote

am sure your type eventually ends up in the toilet if you are not already there
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by rahilakiyagmai: 10:32pm On Oct 27, 2012
i tink 2 find ur mr or mrs right is nt d amount of seachin u made. time wil tel, blif God
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by MissCorrection: 1:04am On Oct 28, 2012
vivian chinaza:

I don't know, am yet to find out!

I'm or I am!! angry
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by MissCorrection: 1:07am On Oct 28, 2012
nyere84: The topic its abt d efforts u made, in finding those your seven gfs.

Is
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by finguy(m): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2012
you can only tell if its the right person after you have been married for over 20years with four kids.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by oobim(m): 10:39am On Oct 28, 2012
lari03: true the part about comfort zones, but I on my part just pray i meet the right person.I am quiet so I wont go around bumping into strangers trying to make friends, it must be someone that life brings along my path you know, thats the way I see it, but then I see so many beautiful women these days or is it the weather... grin grin grin grin
Hahaha!It is d weather,bro.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by julianairo(f): 12:03pm On Oct 28, 2012
My prayer for everybody is that God should give us d bone of our bone and flesh of our flesh#shikena#
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by AdeniyiA(m): 4:16pm On Oct 28, 2012
finguy: you can only tell if its the right person after you have been married for over 20years with four kids.
ignoramus...u can ONLY know after those kids' DNA match your own.pcout
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 28, 2012
finguy: you can only tell if its the right person after you have been married for over 20years with four kids.

And what about the clergy that divorced his wife after 20years and about 6kids.

The right one is whoever you say he/she is, no other person can determine this for you
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 28, 2012
This's a thread with a lot of potential.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by taniboo: 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2012
Well I have honestly desired to meet a spirit filled christian who loves God as much as I do.the thing is that most men these days are into clubbing and drinking,so I keep praying to meet the flesh of my flesh.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by PUMBA2(f): 7:21am On Oct 29, 2012
[color=#770077][/color] @OP. Whatever happened to God's time is the best? You need to understand that each individual has a unique pace and path for just that person. If you understand that your ways are not other people's way, Life will be simple and beautiful. smiley
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by DExplorer1: 7:55am On Oct 29, 2012
amyg:
No venue?
Oh sweet angel, am just seeing this. We gotta plan better, need to see you my baby cheesy
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Kirinwa: 8:01am On Oct 29, 2012
divinelove:

Hmmmm well talking as a lady i can understand where u r coming frm. The bible which shld be our reference book states that he who has found a wife has found a good thing. Nw to find sth presupposes a search or seeking for it. Here d man is d one who has got work to do in this regards. Gentlemen on NL how r u conducting ur search for her.

Well, I bought myself a torch and I have been looking under the bed.Please wish me luck.

Okay jokes apart I have resorted to social media cos am the shy type. Wish me luck all the same.
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 29, 2012
taniboo: Well I have honestly desired to meet a spirit filled christian who loves God as much as I do.the thing is that most men these days are into clubbing and drinking,so I keep praying to meet the flesh of my flesh.
most is not all,keep looking
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by amyg(f): 12:37pm On Oct 29, 2012
D-Explorer:

Oh sweet angel, am just seeing this. We gotta plan better, need to see you my baby cheesy
Dancing away*etighi*
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by DExplorer1: 12:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
amyg:
Dancing away*etighi*
*admiring her backside* Ho-ho!!!
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by amyg(f): 2:19pm On Oct 29, 2012
D-Explorer:

*admiring her backside* Ho-ho!!!
modella is watching u oh
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by DExplorer1: 2:43pm On Oct 29, 2012
amyg:
modella is watching u oh
She got nothing on me babe. I like what i see *behind frame* wink
Re: Conscious Efforts You Made To Meet The Right One by amyg(f): 3:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
Did u just deny her?shocked hope u don't do same 2 me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Causes, Cure For Late Marriage / st G** / This Is What You See In A Relationship Of No Sex Before Marriage (PICTURE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.