Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

. - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (18308 Views)

Somebody Help: Genotype Issues Is Killing Me / Will You consider a Genotype Test Before Marriage? / Would You End A Beautiful Relationship Over Religious Differences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by richfaxy: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2012
My dear, it must be hard for you now, but its actually better its happening to u now, its a matter of time, u ll get over it. you wont be able to stand ur children go thru pains of their crises if they come into this world as SS. it better you move on and pray to God to bring an AA Genotype man who ll love u and vice versa. Brace up ur self
Re: . by Abali1(m): 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2012
blink182: I am SS, even before the girl agrees I already know her genotype and verify when the relationship starts proper. You exposed yourself to this pain, suffer the pains and have a mental scar so that next time this situation will never allow this happen.

blink my brother, there are some people who will not want to disclose there genotype (or don't even know it) untill they are sure where the relationship is headed.

I met a girl some years back and asked about her genotype, she didn't know. I later gave her money to go for the test, she used the money for other things. after 18months of dating(on and off) she fell ill and her sister ask the hospital to run a comprehensive medical test. It was only then she found out that she is AS, I had to move on. But she wanted us to still continue, cos it was abrupt, I refused.
Re: . by Koolking(m): 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2012
sandylurv: My relationship in which I had so much hope, where I found true love and hapiness, where nothing else mattered to me in this world has just come to an end because of genotype incompatibility (AS-AS).

I feel shattered ,broken, pained, disconsolate, heavy-hearted, sorrowful, aggrieved, wounded and bruised. My heart bleeds terribly, I've cried myself to sleep several times(usually I feel better after a good cry when I feel bad) but I still don't feel better. I find myself blaming nature, my stupid genotype, and God....I loved him, I still do, with every fibre of my being.

Oh God,we had ‎​so much in common, ideas, views, beliefs, birth month, family structure,physical attributes etc.I know for sure,I'll never find anyone like him **sobbing** Until now,I neva believed any human cud feel this much pain.

The amount of pain I carry in my heart at the moment is such that I keep wishing for death, maybe I would find some peace there. I cant say but maybe I feel dis bad cuz it seems soo easy for him. He has moved on, barely one week after.Maybe its just my imagination but it was really easy for him. I don't know if its usually so easy to let go of someone you truly and really love.

He was everything to me, he made me very happy, my world went round because of him, and now, my world feels so empty without him. We had decided to go ahead initially, with the plan of having CVS with each pregnancy but he is too scared to take that chance. This is the saddest thing that ever happened to me all my life. I still want him. Imagine finding someone you love completely, and finding all u ever wanted in that person but still not be able to have that person.

I'm praying to God for strength to carry on (even though I must be truthful, I'm sorry, but my faith and belief in him has greatly dwindled) as I really don't wanna do anything nasty.I don't understand why God would sit by and watch me go through dis and not intervene.

Any words of encouragement to help me go through dis would be appreciated, as I don't really have my friends around me at the moment and I feel so lonely in this world, plus I really needed to bare my heart one way or the other.

I hope I feel better after this. God bless you.

Sandylurv, I feel your pains. I know what it means to lose (not in death) someone you truly love. I am still struggling to get over my own lost. When my girlfriend broke up with me for her own fault, I thought I was going to die. Suicide was an option. I lost interest in things I love to do. I cried all nights for weeks. I am still broken, wounded and hateful.

Just like you, I had so much hope in the relationship, we were happy in the relationship. She completed me, she was the voice of my life. We were best of friends, we treasured each other like gold, we vowed to live for each other. We did a lot of crazy things for our happiness, we hugged each other for comfort. She made me promise never to leave her, and I was sure I would never leave. I gave in everything I could without reservation. Against all odds, I wanted a life with her. She made me love her with every breath in me. All my life I never loved a girl as I loved her. We were only 4 months old in the relationship, but I was ready to risk it all. I adjusted my life to be with her for the rest of my life. I compromised myself to see her happy. We promised to stand by each other even if the sun does not shine tomorrow. It happened so fast, she changed over night and walked away just like that and never wanted us to talk about it. It was so strange. May be she found a man to prey on. I know she is guilty, and never stop calling to find out how I am doing. I have stopped picking her calls; I want to forget about her and be happy again. Surprisingly, I still love her even tomorrow. In my spite, I was compelled to accept that "Women are almost the same". I wish I could recreate them.

I bet, you will live through it. He was not the best man for you. You assumed he was the best man for you. God will never give you a man who is best for you today, but a man, an Angel who is best for you today and tomorrow. Build yourself around exciting friends. Everything happens for a reason and purpose. God is taking away disaster in your path. Tomorrow matters, not today. God wants you to be closer to HIM. My experience draws me closer to God. Looking back in memory will make you miserable. Make friends with your bible, you will find comfort. Those who care never walk away no matter what. God will always be GOD. He gives us what HE wants us to have and not what we want to have. I believe in prayers. I believe in HIS word. Read Psalms 06:02 - 10.

Cheer up

3 Likes

Re: . by Skywalker5(m): 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2012
I dont understand how this genotype works. In Uk,people don't even know about it

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
Sky-walker:
I dont understand how this genotype works. In Uk,people don't even know about it

Genotype is mostly unique to the black race
Re: . by omotola1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2012
But wait o, is it like there are more AS‘s than AA‘s?
Re: . by Abali1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2012
Deacon Frost: Am a survivor, born with SS and lived with it for twenty years bt all those years i neva tot of it bcoz my goal was to bcome a beta person, i neva took drugs nd i only slept in a hospital bed twice coz i had typhoid, bt 1 day d lord remembered my cry nd i got healed wen i was doing my visa application, i was shocked wen i saw AA,O+, SO my dear God cn do it 4 u jst believe him and he wud visit u 1day, dnt wori ur man wud cme sumday wen u wud find anoda luv, be strong and be faithful even unto death coz there is greater glory dat awaits u, God will heal u

You were never a SS or you are just spitting bullshyte thinking it will fool some people.

I have heard of people who had their genotype changed from SS to AA. But am yet to really see anyone.
I am a christain and I believe in miracle, but not the kind of American Wonder Abracadabra we have in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: . by born2begreat(m): 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2012
Baby, you av to take heart and move on wit ♈ōϋя life a broken relationship is beta than a broken marriage. Something worst might even happen if you force urself aπϑ go into †ђξ relationship which lead to marriage. You can still find AA genotype like me even someone who will be there for Ɣ☺ΰ and respect Ɣ☺ΰ wit all due respect for Ɣ☺ΰ are aπϑ not for what Ɣ☺ΰ aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ . Lastly, are Ɣ☺ΰ sure the genotype was carried with loyalty and not a plan? But anyway.... Wishing Ɣ☺ΰ all †ђξ best...
Re: . by ibj0: 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2012
I luv u! Cum let me luv u. Stop cryin. Giv me ur number pls!

1 Like

Re: . by omotola1(m): 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
I guess some stu.pid comments on this thread will make the OP burst into serious laughter.
Hence, we‘ve made her happy huh?
Re: . by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
ibj0: I luv u! Cum let me luv u. Stop cryin. Giv me ur number pls!

mumu

1 Like

Re: . by Mercury3000: 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2012
were all going to die one day so there's no point judging eachother because of genotype, live the moments you are granted to the fullest, having a good genotype wont stop death...

3 Likes

Re: . by zannie(f): 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2012
Wow! I didn't know it was such a huge issue, this genotype thingy and all. I mean, so AA genotype is like gold? Maybe its because I've always known I'm AA so I've not even been bothering about genotype.
@OP, so sorry u have to go through this, but something better awaits u. U just averted a bigger crisis so in that u shd be thankful. Hugs..
Re: . by fruiteeiy(f): 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2012
Presently in the same shoes with u sister... Just have to move on for the love of the unborn kids.. Believe in God for a better GIFT than the one we've lost.... Cheers sis
Re: . by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 26, 2012

1 Like

Re: . by dmcdad: 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2012
fruiteeiy: Presently in the same shoes with u sister... Just have to move on for the love of the unborn kids.. Believe in God for a better GIFT than the one we've lost.... Cheers sis

Ehya.... Thats the thing sist. You guyz just have to face the harsh reality and believe in your heart that you are gonna find someone better.. Just Believe!!!
Re: . by nosagold(m): 4:34pm On Oct 26, 2012
dahonestboss: both of you can still live happily by adopting kids, sorry for your bad experience, life has never being fair to anyone.

I hope you find someone has good as him soon

take heart

This is †ђξ perfect solution considering hw deep she is in love with her man, I understand hw she feelz nw, loosing someone Ŧħåϯ she has loved nd hoped Ť☺ spend d rest of her life with, its gon take her time Ť☺ find a man like her man, Ŧħåϯ is if she s gon love again
Buh she can stil live happily with her man like U̶̲̥̅̊ said, adopt babes nd forget bout having their own babes,

1 Like

Re: . by Amitex(m): 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
My dear, the fact is that it hurts when you face the TRUTH. Truth is that you will be better off for it. Facts are temporal but truth is everlasting. It was good to took to the TRUTH and broke up. When you do find true love, you would remember my post.

Remain blessed
Re: . by wolos4real: 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2012
sandylurv: My relationship in which I had so much hope, where I found true love and hapiness, where nothing else mattered to me in this world has just come to an end because of genotype incompatibility (AS-AS).

I feel shattered ,broken, pained, disconsolate, heavy-hearted, sorrowful, aggrieved, wounded and bruised. My heart bleeds terribly, I've cried myself to sleep several times(usually I feel better after a good cry when I feel bad) but I still don't feel better. I find myself blaming nature, my stupid genotype, and God....I loved him, I still do, with every fibre of my being.

Oh God,we had ‎​so much in common, ideas, views, beliefs, birth month, family structure,physical attributes etc.I know for sure,I'll never find anyone like him **sobbing** Until now,I neva believed any human cud feel this much pain.

The amount of pain I carry in my heart at the moment is such that I keep wishing for death, maybe I would find some peace there. I cant say but maybe I feel dis bad cuz it seems soo easy for him. He has moved on, barely one week after.Maybe its just my imagination but it was really easy for him. I don't know if its usually so easy to let go of someone you truly and really love.

He was everything to me, he made me very happy, my world went round because of him, and now, my world feels so empty without him. We had decided to go ahead initially, with the plan of having CVS with each pregnancy but he is too scared to take that chance. This is the saddest thing that ever happened to me all my life. I still want him. Imagine finding someone you love completely, and finding all u ever wanted in that person but still not be able to have that person.

I'm praying to God for strength to carry on (even though I must be truthful, I'm sorry, but my faith and belief in him has greatly dwindled) as I really don't wanna do anything nasty.I don't understand why God would sit by and watch me go through dis and not intervene.

Any words of encouragement to help me go through dis would be appreciated, as I don't really have my friends around me at the moment and I feel so lonely in this world, plus I really needed to bare my heart one way or the other.

Re: . by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2012
Okay
Re: . by wolos4real: 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
Its beta to cry out of relationship dan to cry out of marriage.biliv me u are lucky.its not easy but jst take heart.sorryyyyyyyy
Re: . by Timijo(m): 4:48pm On Oct 26, 2012

Oh God,we had ‎ so much in common, ideas, views, beliefs, birth month, family structure,physical attributes etc.I know for sure,I'll never find anyone like him **sobbing** Until now,I neva believed any human cud feel this much pain.

I share in ur pain, am sorry. I want u to knw dat u have done d right thing nw. Although it is very painful, but u just have to face it for d sake of d future.A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow. God wil give u another suitor that is better than him. Don't feel bad again b'cos u have done d right thing. I just want u and others to learn frm dis, make sure u knw d genotype status of any body before u agree to date that person
Re: . by Abali1(m): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
Yeah an amniocenthesis test can be carried out durimg pregnancy †☺ detect d baby's genotype.Ȋ̝̊̅†§ can be done in Nigeria-sickle cell centre,idi araba,lagos,opp luth nd sumwhere in oshodi,fetal diagnostic centre.dose r d two centres I knw,bt mayb dere r odas too.my candid advice iz for U̶̲̥̅̊ both †☺ give it a veri serious tot nd be sure U̶̲̥̅̊ rili wanna do dis,cuz wat if d test shows an ss baby,wud U̶̲̥̅̊ kip it or abort? Dats a delinma nd m sure it won't be an easy descision.gd luck ( Quote)

But Op, you once gave someone this advice.
www.nairaland.com/953296/dated-9-years-just-fine#10996138

2 Likes

Re: . by Tinkybabe(f): 4:55pm On Oct 26, 2012
flexya: Off all the 20yrs or so I stayed in UK, genotype was not a word I heard let alone considered in my relationships. Same was the case wit my friends and associates. When I returned 2 Naija, I learnt it is a big issue. So my question is, why? Do they av more advanced solutions 2 "genotype incompatibilty" in western countries or are they less concerned about welfare of offspring.

For those who come on NL just 2 yell insults, walk away. I am interested in being educated.
whites don't have the sickle cell trait..they are all AA.Even at that they've got advanced technology to detect a foetus with the trait early.But I think it's best to avoid it all the same.That's why it's best to know each other's genotype and other medical info before getting so committed in a relationship

op,pls take heart!your best is yet to come
Re: . by Sike(m): 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2012
Na Today? abegi!
Re: . by chronique(m): 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
waleski: Pls tell her oh....time will heal her pain u don't wanna bring children into dis world and after all d time and resources used to raise them they die cause u wanted to love...
That man puttin his number have fear of God and don't set p on a vulnerable woman haba!!! angry

My intentions are clear. My id "chronique" is a developing brand & I'm very careful with what I do with it. Someone just called me after reading my comment & appreciates it. Now,if I can be of help to someone just by talking,why shouldn't I be? In life,we all need each other & when we can,let's do it. I'm actually a very private/reserved person though... You can be rest assured I dont have a sinister motive. If you doubt,google "chronique" & see what results you get.
Re: . by Toktee(m): 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2012
erico2k2:

wrong.God jas opened the eyes of OP and made them both to avert a potential nasty situation full of xtreem tears n sorrows
I dont know your faith,but to my knwledge tears and sorrows iz meant for unbelievers
Re: . by yuzedo: 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2012
@op: you guys used to nyash abi?! angry
So wuz yo numba? I'm AA like the batteries.. wink tongue
Re: . by Toktee(m): 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2012
[quote author=Abali1]Yeah an amniocenthesis test can be carried out durimg pregnancy †☺ detect d baby's genotype.Ȋ̝̊̅†§ can be done in Nigeria-sickle cell centre,idi araba,lagos,opp luth nd sumwhere in oshodi,fetal diagnostic centre.dose r d two centres I knw,bt mayb dere r odas too.my candid advice iz for U̶̲̥̅̊ both †☺ give it a veri serious tot nd be sure U̶̲̥̅̊ rili wanna do dis,cuz wat if d test shows an ss baby,wud U̶̲̥̅̊ kip it or abort? Dats a delinma nd m sure it won't be an easy descision.gd luck DONT MIND HER
Re: . by ichommy(m): 5:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ Poster, sorry u gat 2 take heart, I saw a thread last about this Genotype issue, I call my Girl cos i never ask her, Am scared when she told me As, I gat 2 rush to Health Centre 2 check on Monday cos am worried, They told me to check back today, I just gat my result now. Am AA am so hapi, i have'nt told her o, Suprise tinz ;-)
Re: . by ichommy(m): 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ Poster, sorry u gat 2 take heart, I saw a thread last week about this Genotype issue, I call my Girl cos i never ask her, Am scared when she told me As, I gat 2 rush to Health Centre 2 check on Monday cos am worried, They told me to check back today, I just gat my result now. Am AA am so hapi, i have'nt told her o, Suprise tinz ;-)
Re: . by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2012
Let me be candid here. Sh*t happens. You will find someone else. No one woman is meant for one man. Forget the love in tokyo and tales by moonlight stories. Yes it hurts, Give it a couple of months, start going out, you will surely meet someone else. There are over 2billion men in the world. You cant tell me your ex is the only one that has the characteristics you're looking for. There are probably 1billion men who are worse than him and also 1billion that are better at everything than him.
@Those saying they had parents who still married even though they are AS. Their time was different. A lot of them didn't know their genotype until their first child probably started falling ill. We are now more aware. We know the implications. IT IS IRRESPONSIBLE TO GET MARRIED KNOWING YOU MIGHT HAVE A SICKLE CELL OFFSPRING. THink about the unborn child. Are you being fair to it? There are thousands of AAs all over. If you know before hand that you are As, move on and find somebody else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Does Love Work? / 14 Cheap But Unique Valentine’s Day Gifts. / But Why Are Nigerian Girls Wicked Like This (PHOTOS PG 18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.