Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,519 members, 7,770,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:15 AM

Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry (22311 Views)

Getting Pregnant Before Marriage / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage / You Must Get Pregnant Before We Can Wed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by jmoore(m): 10:21am On Oct 27, 2012
You may have heard of men that want their women pregnant before they can go ahead with the wedding, that is a very disrespectful.

Below is a summary of some real life stories that shows the cruel character of such men

1- A man wanted her girlfriend to be pregnant before he will marry her. She accepted and got pregnant. After the wedding she had a miscarriage. She later got pregnant again and had another miscarriage. The man kicked her out of the house after two years of marriage

2-This man said she must not only get pregnant but she must give birth first before marriage can take place. The girl accepted and took in. After she gave birth they married. One year later the child died. Next three years the wife was unable to conceive again. The man kicked her out of the house.

The next story below is an exception

3-This man never demanded sex from his girlfriend. They got married without having premarital sex. One year passed no kid, four years no kid. The man never complained about the situation. After 15 years of marriage she finally took in and later gave birth to triplets.

Girls you are not cars, no "test-driving" how you present your body is the way you will be treated.

11 Likes

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by drnoel: 10:48am On Oct 27, 2012
clears throat and looks around.....

1 Like

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 27, 2012
^^^I agree, it's really in poor taste when a guy insists his girlfriend must get pregnant before he'll marry her. Really bad! The worse thing is, if she doesn't get pregnant before, or after marriage, the girlfriend / wife is always to blame. Never the man, and the merest suggestion he gets tested could result in a beating, or even worse.

Things in Nigeria need to change, but I can't see these changes happening anytime soon.

1 Like

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by Nobody: 10:59am On Oct 27, 2012
drnoel: clears throat and looks around.....

Drionelli? wink
Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 27, 2012
Getting blackmailed into marriage by whatever means is starting on the wrong foot.
People need to learn what marriage is about. I hate scheming, games, blackmail all that, marry because you are comfortable with that person.
However Poster if the pregnancy is by mutual consent I have no issues but one spouse imposing it as a condition is in poor taste

2 Likes

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by ayobase(m): 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2012
Siena: ......
Things in Nigeria need to change, but I can't see these changes happening anytime soon.

It will when ladies start being responsible, standing their ground, not desperate, and not being allowed to be ridden by one guy.
U have to know what u r worth first, before a guy starts dictating!

2 Likes

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by ayobase(m): 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2012
debrief08: .....if the pregnancy is by mutual consent I have no issues but one spouse imposing it as a condition is in poor taste
Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by djeezy(m): 1:18pm On Oct 27, 2012
@topic, selfish mentality.
Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by baby124: 1:37pm On Oct 27, 2012
If they both agree, nothing wrong. But both parties should be people of integrity with a focus. The woman in the situation should be aware that if the guy changes his mind though "Oro pesi je, o di hmm!" cheesy
Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 28, 2012

6 Likes

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by slimyem: 7:35am On Oct 28, 2012
I have seen cases where its the man's family that insists the fiancee gets pregnant before marriage is set in motion...
I have seen men who say they won't get married to a girl until they are assured of the girls fertility..
If a woman is not desperate for marriage,knows what she wants,and stands by it,i don't see how she can be blackmailed into "getting pregnant".

2 Likes

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by slimyem: 7:37am On Oct 28, 2012
ftmom: Interesting topic, how about women that make sure they get pregnant to secure a spouse undecided
its deceit and blackmail too...
Its not different from the issue being discussed.
Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by xynerise: 7:42am On Oct 28, 2012
@topic. Who cares undecided
Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 28, 2012
xynerise: @topic. Who cares undecided

I do, and so do quite a few others.

2 Likes

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 28, 2012
With the way women mess themselves up these days, don't blame the guys for wanting insurance.
You will weep if you know the number of abortions going on daily.

Siena:

If we must demand change then we must demand total change.
Let us go back to the days of old when women had respect and the wedding night was worth it.

17 Likes

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 28, 2012
A "proven uterus" is the new requirement for marriage? grin

4 Likes

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by kissangel1: 3:29pm On Oct 28, 2012
BlueDiva: With the way women mess themselves up these days, don't blame the guys for wanting insurance.
You will weep if you know the number of abortions going on daily.

I don’t support the statement about "the way woman mess themselves these days" can a woman mess herself up without a man? It takes two to tango, and on the average, besides, some men are too carried away with attractiveness, that they forget to look for ladies with morals. What about the way men mess themselves up these days and end up with low sperm count because of one infection or another. Some of these men know and would keep it secret. Some would utterly refuse to go for a test.

Anyways, I blame any girl that will agree to such a condition because if you have a sense of self worth, you won’t attach marriage proposals on "certain" derogatory conditions {a child is a beautiful gift, when it is used as a perquisite for marriage, it degenerates it to a mere means to an end and not an end in its self}. It takes more than a child to have a happy home. In fact run away from such men because they obviously are going to give you more ridiculous egoistic demands after you get married. If you are hell bent of compromising out of desperation, remember that if you give your glasses today, tomorrow, he might just be asking for your eyes! How much can u bear to compromise to keep up appearances?

Marriage should happen because you like the person enough to want to spend your lives together, better reasons like compatibility, companionship, character, attitudes and capacity to grow together and work as a team. The capacity to have children should be seen as an added gift to the equation, because like it or not, a lot of people would have to deal with the issue of infertility, even those that were married as virgins!
Think about it, what if the child is born with special needs, would the “man” still love and accept the child when he has shown you his rigid nature beforehand.

What ignorant arrogance!

26 Likes

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 28, 2012
I don’t support the statement about "the way woman mess themselves these days" can a woman mess herself up without a man? It takes two to tango, and on the average, besides, some men are too carried away with attractiveness, that they forget to look for ladies with morals. What about the way men mess themselves up these days and end up with low Fluid count because of one infection or another. Some of these men know and would keep it secret. Some would utterly refuse to go for a test.

This seems like justifying being a ho. cry

2 Likes

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by littleangel2: 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2012
Gaggi:

This seems like justifying being a ho. cry

you are getting me all wrong. No one is justifying promiscuity. We should just stop making it all about the women. The men should dicipline themselves too.

By the way, I don't condone promiscuity in anyform. and i wount encourage it in neither men nor women.

8 Likes

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
smh....which woman would willingly submit to that though?
Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by Nobody: 11:28pm On Oct 28, 2012
Siena: ^^^I agree, it's really in poor taste when a guy insists his girlfriend must get pregnant before he'll marry her. Really bad! The worse thing is, if she doesn't get pregnant before, or after marriage, the girlfriend / wife is always to blame. Never the man, and the merest suggestion he gets tested could result in a beating, or even worse.

^^^^^
Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by bjcole(m): 12:06am On Oct 29, 2012
BlueDiva: With the way women mess themselves up these days, don't blame the guys for wanting insurance. You will weep if you know the number of abortions going on daily. I demand change t we must demand total change.
Let us go back to the days of old when women had respect and the wedding night was worth it.
surely not this world, sometimes i wonder if all serere of d wedding worth, a woman that has seen it all. Its almost impossible 2 come across a lady that has not aborted
Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by bjcole(m): 12:22am On Oct 29, 2012
baby_123: If they both agree, nothing wrong. But both parties should be people of integrity with a focus. The woman in the situation should be aware that if the guy changes his mind though "Oro pesi je, o di hmm!" cheesy
i thought d i deal thing is marriage is honourable & bed undefiled, if we can just turn back 2 d days of old, d world will be a better place. If u can sleep wit him, u can as well be pregnant 4 him, if he is demanding it, whats wrong.

1 Like

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by bjcole(m): 12:51am On Oct 29, 2012
I thought d i deal thing is marriage is honourable & bed undefiled, if we can just turn back 2 d days of old, d world will be a better place. If u can sleep wit him, u can as well be pregnant 4 him, If i m dating a lady & demanded 4 sex & she says until d wedding nite, will i demand 4 pregnancy when i cant even ve sex , & if i go elseware i meet d same roadblock, wont i cool off. So who is to blame? a friend stood her ground & got married as a virgin, & d man had 2 wait, she has 3kids now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by victorD3: 6:08am On Oct 29, 2012
Well with how expensive weddings and pride price is these days you don't necessarily have to blame some men.
Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 29, 2012
this is like opening a gift before is given to u, y would a man want pregnancy before marriage ; what will d man do if d same thing happens to daughter if her own time comes...
Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by Truckpusher(m): 6:18am On Oct 29, 2012
jmoore: You may have heard of men that want their women pregnant before they can go ahead with the wedding, that is a very disrespectful.

Below is a summary of some real life stories that shows the cruel character of such men

1- A man wanted her girlfriend to be pregnant before he will marry her. She accepted and got pregnant. After the wedding she had a miscarriage. She later got pregnant again and had another miscarriage. The man kicked her out of the house after two years of marriage

2-This man said she must not only get pregnant but she must give birth first before marriage can take place. The girl accepted and took in. After she gave birth they married. One year later the child died. Next three years the wife was unable to conceive again. The man kicked her out of the house.

The next story below is an exception

3-This man never demanded sex from his girlfriend. They got married without having premarital sex. One year passed no kid, four years no kid. The man never complained about the situation. After 15 years of marriage she finally took in and later gave birth to triplets.

Girls you are not cars, no "test-driving" how you present your body is the way you will be treated.

Such men usually end fathering children that are not their biological child due to the high level of promiscuity amongst our people these days and the agony that follows outweighs the stupid idea itself.
Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by miqos02(m): 6:23am On Oct 29, 2012
Ladies look before you leap
Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by nikkyshyne(f): 6:28am On Oct 29, 2012
The honey moon would be wacked! tongue
Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by ITbomb(m): 6:29am On Oct 29, 2012
OP, u r listing the worst case scenario here , I can assure u that for every 5 marriage u see around , 3 are already confirmed with a child and on the average, the 3 live happily ever after . . .
A girl came here and say she had slept with 15 men within 4 years , she didn't tell us how many times per man or the pills, contraceptive or even abortion done.

And u expect guys to just claim that one without checking .

For those talking about unwrapping a gift. A gift is covered , that means it has not been opened by anybody but if the gift u r to receive is already opened, a wise man just have to do a quality and quantity check whether everything are complete and if it is not, whether he can manage with what is remain.

12 Likes

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by SOHKAHTOA: 6:46am On Oct 29, 2012
Do you blame such men considering what ladies do these days? Every guy wants security and scared of that lady who has washed her fertility away by wreckless living. It takes a guy who has the fear of God and absolute trust in his spouse not to demand a proof of fertility before going to the alter. Some innocent guys are suffering the deceit and wrecklessness of their women and vice versa

1 Like

Re: Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry by freecocoa(f): 6:46am On Oct 29, 2012
Oh well, where is the love then?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dead Man In Mortuary Impregnates Woman / Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. / Moving On With Life After Divorce. How Do You Cope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.