Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation (41461 Views)

My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today / Ogun Police Arrests Cultists For Armed Robbery, Recovers 10 Cars (photo) / Lagos-Ibadan Express Way: Robbery Experience TODAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by pappilo(m): 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2012
plaetton:

Idiotic and insensitive.

moronic and low IQ
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by coogar: 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2012
shymexx: Nigeria has a murder rate of over 10,000 per year - yet you guys don't want to die...
You're more or less a walking dead corpse if you live in Nigeria, why are you guys scared, anyway??

lagos alone would be 10,000 per year - are you shitting me? that country is a jungle - people get killed everytime....the roads are not safe - the homes are not safe - the offices are sometimes unsafe as well! it's getting to that point where people would have to stand up and take matters into their own hands.....

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by fittty(m): 3:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
This one na super story oh!!!!

Bros I go give one advise. Next time if u find ur sef for dat kind situation, just shiit for body so dem go free you sharp sharp wen them smell shiit dem go get no choice dan to free u grin

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2012
I feel as if i was there. Have you gone to check your blood pressure cos if i were the one, i might have died of heart attack.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by DeepSight(m): 3:30pm On Nov 01, 2012
coogar: it's getting to that point where people would have to stand up and take matters into their own hands.....

That's OPC. . . . . ONE such attempt. . . .that has caused more problems, i think! That's why I say self help need's to start from properly re-thinking the nation.

The debate on State Police is one such issue to be properly thought out.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by ABAboi: 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
This is terrible, firstly I am glad you survived this ordeal. It baffles me that Nigerians still depend on the police and their manned security personnel to provide security. How can you spend millions building/renting a home and cannot spend 600,000k fortifying it with independent security solution like FogSecure(http://fogsecure.com.ng). Designed and built as a result of our failed security response system.

For over 2years in development, FogSecure was developed to independently and reliably protect you from this armed robbers when your first-line of defence has been breached. Visit http://www.fogsecure.com.ng/nigerian-homes.php for info on their home security and http://www.fogsecure.com.ng/accessories for some reliable security accessories.

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
coogar:
lagos alone would be 10,000 per year - are you shitting me? that country is a jungle - people get killed everytime....the roads are not safe - the homes are not safe - the offices are sometimes unsafe as well! it's getting to that point where people would have to stand up and take matters into their own hands.....

However, are Nigerians brave and intelligent enough to do that? We've got a medium like NL where people can share revolution ideas and talk about how to effect a change - however, they'd rather fight about ethnic superiority based on jejune folklore, cloud every argument with tribal sentiments, brag about their 007 lifestyles, worship mediocrity etc..

To be honest, Nigerians deserve the kind of leaders they get - and I honestly believe there's an element of truth in the assertion that the average IQ of Nigerians is 69... IQ requires critical thinking, but most Nigerians aren't critical thinkers(based on what I've seen on NL)...
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Sept12: 3:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
Deep Sight:

It was Bakare Estate, off Aguingi.

Seen.

Agungi to Marwa then round to Citilodge? Please...I am curious to know how they decided on Noble close. What was their conversation in the Car like? Did it seem like they knew where they were going? like they had info? Because i had originally thot it was a local actio...i.e people who know / the urchins that live around that Lekki Phase 1 "Ocean side"....(hence my suggestion that your friend lived in Goshen).....your story throws a spanner in my line of thought. What were they discussing in the car? which language? Calm voices or agitated? They sound well trained or adhoc?

I know it must be difficult and it is an experience you would rather forget ..... but please. It might help other people survive or avoid such an experience. Everything i do now is guided by that singular experience....I know dogs are a key part of any defences....especially dogs sooo crazy even you cant leave your house after specific times.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
Maybe, NL needs to create a section where people can share revolutionary ideas and get all the tribal keyboard warriors involved....

Tired of reading sad news about Nigeria everyday, you guys need to fight for your just due...

We fought for ours where I live, and we're still fighting... Dammit

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by lanruma001: 3:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
What a country!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by coogar: 3:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
ABAboi: This is terrible, firstly I am glad you survived this ordeal. It baffles me that Nigerians still depend on the police and their manned security personnel to provide security. How can you spend millions building/renting a home and cannot spend 600,000k fortifying it with independent security solution like FogSecure(http://fogsecure.com.ng). Designed and built as a result of our failed security response system.

For over 2years in development, FogSecure was developed to independently and reliably protect you from this armed robbers when your first-line of defence has been breached. Visit http://www.fogsecure.com.ng/nigerian-homes.php for info on their home security and http://www.fogsecure.com.ng/accessories for some reliable security accessories.

fogsecure won't stop lagos armed robbers - matter of fact, it's like inviting trouble as they would panic and shoot sporadically when they are absent sight!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by DeepSight(m): 3:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
Sept12:

Seen.

Agungi to Marwa then round to Citilodge? Please...I am curious to know how they decided on Noble close. What was their conversation in the Car like? Did it seem like they knew where they were going? like they had info? Because i had originally thot it was a local actio...i.e people who know / the urchins that live around that Lekki Phase 1 "Ocean side"....(hence my suggestion that your friend lived in Goshen).....your story throws a spanner in my line of thought. What were they discussing in the car? which language? Calm voices or agitated? They sound well trained or adhoc?

I know it must be difficult and it is an experience you would rather forget ..... but please. It might help other people survive or avoid such an experience. Everything i do now is guided by that singular experience....I know dogs are a key part of any defences....especially dogs sooo crazy even you cant leave your house after specific times.

They were very calm. In the car, they were laughing and cracking jokes. None of them seemed high. They spoke Yoruba all through.

Honestly, for about three weeks after the incident, i felt ok, and just glad to be alive. But probably owing to some delayed reaction, in the last few weeks i find myself waking up almost ten times every night to go around and listen for noises in the compound and the street and check windows and doors. When I actually parked just because someone was behind me in traffic one day, realized what the effect of the incident has been.

As for me, I am already planning very extra-ordinary security measures for my house. Burglar proofing is not enough. One needs a way to literally dissapear once alerted of entry.

7 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by pappilo(m): 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
Deep Sight:

One needs a way to literally dissapear once alerted of entry.

Exactly.

After my ordeals, I have always wondered why Nigerians dont build concealed panic rooms in their houses. The ironic thing is that it wouldnt have helped in any of the 3 situtaions I was in cos we were caught off guard so it wasnt a case of breaking down doors and gates, they simply walked in

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by coogar: 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
shymexx: Maybe, NL needs to create a section where people can share revolutionary ideas and get all the tribal keyboard warriors involved....

Tired of reading sad news about Nigeria everyday, you guys need to fight for your just due...

We fought for ours where I live, and we're still fighting... Dammit

revolutionary ideas online? isn't that treason?

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
Deep Sight:

They were very calm. In the car, they were laughing and cracking jokes. None of them seemed high. They spoke Yoruba all through.

Honestly, for about three weeks after the incident, i felt ok, and just glad to be alive. But probably owing to some delayed reaction, in the last few weeks i find myself waking up almost ten times every night to go around and listen for noises in the compound and the street and check windows and doors. When I actually parked just because someone was behind me in traffic one day, realized what the effect of the incident has been.

As for me, I am already planning very extra-ordinary security measures for my house. Burglar proofing is not enough. One needs a way to literally dissapear once alerted of entry.

i know that feeling sad sad
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by uceee(m): 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
Nigeria, as a country is due for change. Trust me on this, everything is pointing towards a very violent revolution. If things keep getting worse for the next five years, then something will definitely give. It may be a military coup, or a bloody civilian revolution. God help us then, cos a lot of lives will be sacrificed. Nigerians don dey wise up small small

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
coogar:

revolutionary ideas online? isn't that treason?

Arab spring started on the social media - even the UK free-for-all stealing riot started on facebook and BBM...
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by coogar: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2012
shymexx:

Arab spring started on the social media - even the UK free-for-all stealing riot started on facebook and BBM...

the difference here is that nairaland is based in nigeria, not in california.....within few days, security operatives would put seun on nta network news with his face enclosed in a black pillow case...

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2012
They were very calm. In the car, they were laughing and cracking jokes.

do those sound like frustrated people?

for them it is fun

picking off easy victims

3 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Sept12: 3:52pm On Nov 01, 2012
Deep Sight:

Bro. I am already ahead of you on that....but for 4 hours? the way i heard they searched EVERYWHERE! Ol boy. First - Get Police DPO telephone and get him on your pay. The rapid response patrol guys as well.

2. Get Ridgebacks or rottweilers.....

3. make sure you have a panic room. well fortified.

4. Most importantly....outside intervention is the key thing. Make sure you can stay connected to the outside. If you have kids or women...probably a good idea to have 2 levels of panic room. First one where you can all hide away for at least 1 hour or sustained assault....which will include attempts to break in thru the wall....trust me. Then the second level where if the first stage is breached you take the kids and women into the second level and try to hold off the assault with your privately owned armoury for another 30 minute thereabout.

but all of the above is nothing when the thieves have 4 hours to operate. although i doubt that thieves will spend 1 hr 30 mins trying to break into a random house. If they do....better open the door and give them their load that you have.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by ABAboi: 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
coogar:

fogsecure won't stop lagos armed robbers - matter of fact, it's like inviting trouble as they would panic and shoot sporadically when they are absent sight!

I STRONGLY disagree with you. There are lots accessories which comes with FogSecure which No Intruder can penetrate as long as they are human. FogSecure attacks intruder's sense of consciousness causing them to react by exiting the property. If you have any doubt get over to the website and contact the team. http://fogsecure.com.ng

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
All we need to talk about revolutionary ideas are: different pseudonyms, hiding of IP addresses, different codes, and a blueprint...

We're good! - phuck the corrupt system creating monsters...

You can't kill all the armed robbers unless you wipe out all the hungry people in your country... A hungry man is an angry man and human survival instinct would lure the most saintly person to crime... It's just about committing the first crime and once you escape untouched - it becomes a continuous process...

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
Jesus is Lord. I am still scared!I am only 29yrs but I know I would have had heart attach and died of natural causes within those 4 hours. Lucky you. Please love the night less and thank God all the time. As for Nigeria Police...Forget!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Psalter: 3:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
Poverty level in this country is so high that people really don't care about what Govt is doing. Nigerians are more interested in personal survival and this is killing us. It is indeed high time we took our destiny in our hands. Our security is Nil. PHCN is practically Nil as well. All the essential amenities are not there and yet we are blessed by God with abundant natural resources. Our leaders are so selfish and irresponsible. Indeed we need a revolution in this country
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
Sept12:

Bro. I am already ahead of you on that....but for 4 hours? the way i heard they searched EVERYWHERE! Ol boy. First - Get Police DPO telephone and get him on your pay. The rapid response patrol guys as well.

2. Get Ridgebacks or rottweilers.....

3. make sure you have a panic room. well fortified.

4. Most importantly....outside intervention is the key thing. Make sure you can stay connected to the outside. If you have kids or women...probably a good idea to have 2 levels of panic room. First one where you can all hide away for at least 1 hour or sustained assault....which will include attempts to break in thru the wall....trust me. Then the second level where if the first stage is breached you take the kids and women into the second level and try to hold off the assault with your privately owned armoury for another 30 minute thereabout.

but all of the above is nothing when the thieves have 4 hours to operate. although i doubt that thieves will spend 1 hr 30 mins trying to break into a random house. If they do....better open the door and give them their load that you have.

a friend in lekki - robbers kept robbing everyone in his neighbourhood. he had dogs, a high fence. one night he woke with them in his bedroom. dogs were dead. they told him he'd better have soemthing to make it worth their while - because they had spent big money breaking into his house.

thats how fked up it is

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
coogar:
the difference here is that nairaland is based in nigeria, not in california.....within few days, security operatives would put seun on nta network news with his face enclosed in a black pillow case...

The server for NL is based in America - Nigeria can't do nothing about...
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by lolafaj: 3:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
Thank God you are alive .

I really enjoyed this piece, it was like reading a riveting action movie – I can tell you are educated and possibly have some international experience.

Haven served for a few years in the US army stories like yours makes me so mad. These guys only had sophisticated weapons, they did not have a plan and could have been easily stopped. They saw a flaw in the security system, hence the hammer.

Expecting a sophisticated “forensic pumping” Nigerian police is a fantasy, Nigeria is simply not there yet. I personally always wonder if the government does not have the desire to fix the issue or if they just dont know how to fix it.

With sophisticated weapons like the ones described in your story, citizens are pretty much sitting ducks for these animals. It’s a catch 22 since the government does not provide protection so citizens try to protect themselves with jungle justice. Like we saw with the UNIPOT (probably spelt this wrong) issue jungle justice could be a tragedy.

This is how I think it will play out. As Nigerians abroad begin to move back home, they would demand a higher standard and at some point the government will not be able to get away with their incompetence.

Where do we begin with the issues facing Nigeria? God help!

3 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by uceee(m): 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
Deep Sight:

I understand you'll probably be extra paranoid now. What you need to do now is to take a break. Leave Lagos, travel abroad if possible. Just go for a holiday. When you get there, try not to discuss the incident as much as possible. You really do not need people pitying you. Then come back after some time. Handle this carefully so that you emerge stronger. Good luck!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by striker07(m): 4:02pm On Nov 01, 2012
This support the acclamation for state police by some governors, the benefits far outweigh the disadvantages,i think nigeria is too big to be handled by federal police alone, we need the support of state in the handling of policing, this could also provide healthy competitions among the governors in the provision of security in the country.

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by coogar: 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
shymexx:
The server for NL is based in America - Nigeria can't do nothing about...

the owner is in nigeria - that's the difference! the sad thing about security operatives in nigeria is they just need a scapegoat - not really interested in catching the main culprit! in this case, they won't bother looking for shymmex but seun and jarus would be locked up in kirikiri prison!

moreeni: Jesus is Lord. I am still scared!I am only 29yrs but I know I would have had heart attach and died of natural causes within those 4 hours. Lucky you. Please love the night less and thank God all the time. As for Nigeria Police...Forget!

your heart must be made of tissue paper grin cheesy
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by pappilo(m): 4:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
uceee: I understand you'll probably be extra paranoid now. What you need to do now is to take a break. Leave Lagos, travel abroad if possible. Just go for a holiday. When you get there, try not to discuss the incident as much as possible. You really do not need people pitying you. Then come back after some time. Handle this carefully so that you emerge stronger. Good luck!

I am sorry the memories wil rtemain forever. You may think about it less as time goes on but the events will still play a part in your everyday life. The 3 incidents I mentoned were not as serious as this posters experience. it was just your regular armed hoeminvasion with some gun but attacks which left injuries requiring stitches. They happened like some 17 years ago and I have been out of the hellhole for 10 years but till date, I still wake up every night to scan outside my window even though I live in a relatively safe neighbourhood (a well fed 12 year old can break down my door with one kick and there are no metal bars on the window!)
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
Sorry about the traumatic experience.

Please take this case to the Office of the Public Defender (Lagos State Ministry of Justice). This matter should be taken up with the IGP especially as the Policemen were(are) bent on extorting you.

Meanwhile lets all be extremely cautious in these "ember" months please.

Stay safe guys!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Who Disguised As A Woman In Ghana Caught. Photos / Native Doctor Asks The Gods To Kill Man Who Flogged A Lady In Libya / Pastor Who Rapes Pregnant Girls In Abia Church Turned Baby Factory Arrested(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.