Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation (41466 Views)

My Robbery Experience At Diamond Bank Today / Ogun Police Arrests Cultists For Armed Robbery, Recovers 10 Cars (photo) / Lagos-Ibadan Express Way: Robbery Experience TODAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by ABAboi: 4:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
Deep Sight:

They were very calm. In the car, they were laughing and cracking jokes. None of them seemed high. They spoke Yoruba all through.

Honestly, for about three weeks after the incident, i felt ok, and just glad to be alive. But probably owing to some delayed reaction, in the last few weeks i find myself waking up almost ten times every night to go around and listen for noises in the compound and the street and check windows and doors. When I actually parked just because someone was behind me in traffic one day, realized what the effect of the incident has been.

As for me, I am already planning very extra-ordinary security measures for my house. Burglar proofing is not enough. One needs a way to literally dissapear once alerted of entry.

Hi, I am very happy to provide you a kitted full-blown home security solution for FREE. Your story is quite touching and the reason why we ventured into building and designing an independent security system. Ping an email to "support (at )fogsecure.com.ng" with subject "Nairaland" and a member of staff will contact you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by DeepSight(m): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
uceee: I understand you'll probably be extra paranoid now. What you need to do now is to take a break. Leave Lagos, travel abroad if possible. Just go for a holiday. When you get there, try not to discuss the incident as much as possible. You really do not need people pitying you. Then come back after some time. Handle this carefully so that you emerge stronger. Good luck!

No worries at all o, not looking for pity my dear. Just looking for peeps to be more security conscious. This happened in August, and am just writing about it now, so some time has passed.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by phreakabit(m): 4:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
Deep Sight: About two and a half months ago, I went out for a friend's birthday dinner somewhere in Ikoyi. It was a pleasant evening and we chatted late into the night, eventually leaving Ikoyi at about midnight. As my friend didn't drive, I was going to drop her off at home along the Lekki axis and then return to Victoria Island where I live. The road being good, open and well lit, I had no concerns whatsoever about any security problems. I have hardly heard of any security problems on that road anyway, and being a chronic lover of the night, I am more than used to driving in the dark.

In just about ten minutes or so we had arrived at the estate where my friend was residing. It's a gated estate and they have these OPC guys guarding the estate. I thus was not surprised, when, after honking, an armed man came out of the gate. I put on the car's inner lights and wound down and explained to him that I was just dropping my friend off and would be right back. He said ok, and opened the gate. From that point it took me just about five minutes to drop off my friend and get back to the estate gate.

When I got to the gate, the same man who had let us in stood in front of my car pointing his gun straight at me. At this point, I still did not think there was anything amiss. I simply thought he was an over zealous OPC security guard. I put on the inner lights again and mouthed that I just came in to drop someone, and would be leaving now.

He simply shouted at me - "Will you come down now or I blast your head off!"

It was only at that point that I looked around the car and to my shock, there were about ten heavily armed men surrounding the car, all with raised automatic rifles pointing at me. Two of them were now banging the windows saying that if I move an inch they would shoot into the car.

To be honest, i didn't budge at first. I just sat there contemplating my options. My car is a very large 4 x 4 and I was seriously contemplating stepping on it and blasting them right out of my way and right through the gate. I have in the past been attacked by armed robbers and on each occasion I shocked the robbers with some serious James Bond Driving and got away clean. However something just told me (and I thank God I did not try it, as later events showed) to just play it cool and do as they said. So I came down from the car.

As soon as I came out, they attacked me with the butts of their guns and bundled me into the boot. They then reversed the car and parked it in a corner. At this point I could see them mulling about the first house in the estate. Then they produced a very large iron hammer (someone later told me its called an "Adam's Hammer", I don't know, but it was the largest hammer I have ever seen in my life. It took two of them to hold it.) With the hammer they blasted open the gate and told the security men to lie down on the floor. Then they brought me out of the back of the car.

My friends, this was how these guys took me at gun point on a three hour robbing, killing and ra.ping spree, never letting me out of their sights and holding me at gun point into each of the houses they broke into.

In the first house, after robbing the house, they shot dead one of the security men, for reasons I don't know.

Thereafter, I was bundled into the back of my car and all ten of these guys somehow crammed into the car. About three of them were bundled in the back sitting right on my head, about four in the rear seat and three in front. They sped out of the estate gate and from that point all the way to the lekki expressway, put their guns out of the windows and began shooting indiscriminately into the air. It was the loudest and most present show of gun fire I have ever experienced in my life, simply harrowing. At the same time I thought to myself that it would be ok if they just shot me: I have not had the best of years this year, and being put out of misery was not altogether the worst thing I could think off. So with this flurry of gunfire, I strangely became calmer and sort of resigned to whatever would happen.

They drove for a while and entered another neighborhood. Same thing again - they parked outside a house - a very large and well fortified house. Jumped out, bringing me along at gun point. I kept begging them to take things easy, to relax and not to kill me. I was asked to shut up or be shot. I was amazed at the ease with which they broke into the house. Again the hammer. One slam and the gate flew open. They took the hammer inside and to my shock, just three giant slams and the window beside the frontdoor was thrashed, buglar-proofing, wall and all. Inside the house they broke down all the doors in the same way, robbed three expats in there, beat them quite a bit, and then took their car keys. They then drove the expats car out and parked beside my own and then attacked the next building. In this instance one of them simply climbed the wall and pointed a gun to the guard there and asked him to open the gate. Again they took me at gun point, this time with the security men from the first building and the present building, they marched us all in at gun point.

By this time very loud alarms had gone off from this house and neighboring houses and I was surprised that they seemed unperturbed. They took the hammer again, two big slams and the sliding door (and buglar proofing) gave way with a deafening crash and they entered the house. I was asked to lie down on the floor with the security men while they robbed the house. There was only one young girl in the house, she shouted that she had 200k on her, and gave it to them. They then took her into a room and ra.ped her, as she told us after the whole thing was over.

It was while they where doing this in the room that all of a sudden they rushed out and began to seem agitated. They paced around the living room sounding agitated. Apparently the alarms had attracted the neighborhood security guards who came in a while pick up van. It had blinking lights on it and as such they probably thought it was the police.

They all rushed out at once and you would not believe the gun fire that ensued. It was lengthy, horrible and deafening and we just lay on the floor praying for our lives. [size=18pt]At some point I heard them speaking Yoruba saying that they must not forget that boy with the Land Cruiser o[/size], make sure you bring him. I just stayed on the floor. Then there was silence.

After about five minutes of silence we all crept out of the house, the girl came out as well and told me that she had been ra.ped and that she and her fiance just rented the place that weekend in preparation for their wedding, and he only travelled to PH on business.

We went to the gate of the house and right there on the floor were two dead bodies. They had shot the security men dead and their pick up was riddled with bullets.

At that point neighbours began to come out and apparently the police were on their way.

The robbers encountered the police in their escape and outgunned them, killing a police officer instantly in the process. That brought the death toll to four.

[size=18pt]Sometime later, the police arrived as though they were going for a war. Tanks, Armoured Personnel Carriers, more than a 100 policemen. Too much, too late. [/size]

Later that morning, my car was found abandoned on the mainland, around Itire / Oshodi. I had used the neighbor's phones to call my family as soon as the robbers left: to my warm delight every single member of my family arrived the scene before five a.m, though they live very far away.

Now, my friends, I come to the reason I posted this story and you will find this quite shocking.

1. For all the huge numbers the police came with, there was ABSOLUTELY ZERO crime scene investigation. Those guys must have left loads of evidence and pointers in their reckless operation and the police just went inside, picked up a bag on the floor belonging to the lady I think, and some bullet shells on the floor. Within two minutes, their crime scene investigation was over.

2. My car, when found abandoned, was towed to a close-by Police Station. I went there that same morning to look at it. It was riddled with bullets as the robbers had engaged the police. Other than this, and the fact that they made away with the remote keys, there was nothing wrong with the car.

Would you believe that by the time I returned two days later to tow the car away - right there in Police Custody, the car had been vandalized, and the brain box and all electronics removed? ? ? The Police said they know nothing about it. Not only this - they then insisted on being given "something" before releasing that car. They said that otherwise, the car will be retained as "evidence". . . or that there is a procedure, etc etc. People, can you believe this? ? ? ?

Now tell, me, if this is the same Police force that is addressing bigger issues like Boko Haram and others, what hope for security do we have in this country, save the grace of God?

What serious change can anyone expect from the Nigerian Police within, say the next fifty years even ? ? ? ?

This is the same way that we cannot expect serious change with Nepa or is it called PHCN. This is the way we cannot expect serious change with corruption. Because overall, both the government and the people lack the political will and thirst for change.

Someone once told me that all that Nigeria needs is for everyone to do the right thing. That, with respect, is a fantasy, and happens no where. What Nigeria needs is a vigorous, people led, determined and sustained revolution with a clear vision defined by strong revolutionary leaders. This needn't be violent: but must be sustained in terms of protest. And that change must start with a Sovereign National Conference. The National Assembly can't do it because they are an interested party: you don't expect them to place sensible legislation which would jeopardize their current millions, do you?

Nigerians have become so used to misgovernance that we now have a twisted worldview which does not recognize "protestable" issues. We accept all the daily nonsense and impunity and simply go home, look for petrol or diesel, fill the gen, and have a good night's rest. Nothing else matters.

But in the Arab world, one man setting himself on fire in frustration led to the Arab Spring.

Maybe I need to set myself on fire.

You have got to love the Nigerian Police Force. . . . Bunch of unintelligent worthless Ne'er-do-wells who's only means of "survival" involves extorting innocent Nigerians. . . . BTW , God's grace for you was in abundance that day. . . . The fact that they were speaking YORUBA, talking about you, showed that they had a particular interest in you for some strange reason.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
shymexx:

I don't condone armed robbery, however, it epitomises everything wrong with Nigeria... The system created the "monster" and I think this should spur everyone to demand a change... Nigeria needs a change - and we can't just keep feeling sorry for the victims, when the system created both the victims and the monsters - that's going to amount to "window dressing" only the solution, when we can effect a total change of the barbaric system that's creating these monsters...

I'm glad the OP can also decipher the point I was trying to make...

That shows everything wrong with Nigeria and the cowardice of the average Nigerian... That's the Nigerian mentality!

Hello, this is Nigeria - the police might also be part of the plot...

my first thought was that those robbers are most likely cops or even military dudes undecided

Nigeria is in the pits, except the people decide to get up off their lazy biutts and tackle the government head on there isnt going to be a messaih nor is any western country going to come and do it....Nigeria is in the hadns of the people and the sooner they get up the better!!!
How many are the politicians compared to the population? angry
how many are the police and SSS that protect them compared to the population?
how many are the military officers?
Nigeria's future lies in the hands of the people

3 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by ballabriggs: 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
ABAboi:

Hi, I am very happy to provide you a kitted full-blown home security solution for FREE. Your story is quite touching and the reason why we ventured into building and designing an independent security system. Ping an email to "support (at )fogsecure.com.ng" with subject "Nairaland" and a member of staff will contact you.
DJTee: Sorry about the traumatic experience.

Please take this case to the Office of the Public Defender (Lagos State Ministry of Justice). This matter should be taken up with the IGP especially as the Policemen were(are) bent on extorting you.

Meanwhile lets all be extremely cautious in these "ember" months please.

Stay safe guys!

Na the Arm robbers O!!!! O boy no contact abeg
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
coogar:
the owner is in nigeria - that's the difference! the sad thing about security operatives in nigeria is they just need a scapegoat - not really interested in catching the main culprit! in this case, they won't bother looking for shymmex but seun and jarus would be locked up in kirikiri prison!

Bwahahahahaha

Maybe, we need to get Seun involved and move him to Ghana, or Senegal lol...

Nigeria is a crazy country!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Rooneyboy(m): 4:11pm On Nov 01, 2012
poster u should go for thanksgiving o,

This exact way is how they killed a child hood friend of mine last year.

Used his jeep for robbery after which they killed him.

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Pennywise(m): 4:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
@OP
It seems the neighborhoods the robbers attacked are well appointed meaning owners living there would have arms. Why did no one attempt to engage these robbers before the police arrived? Imagine if one or two of them had been felled by a sniper's fire afterall the home owner has the 'cover' advantage.

The point is a lot of Nigerians actually have arms- legally or however acquired but they get squeamish when confronted with that critical moment. I read a story not long ago of how a certain Ibo man was told to open his door to the robbers who were laying siege to his house. Of course he refused. The robbers forced their way into the house, took his gun from him and shot him dead.

Op was not supposed to live through that night. You have a reason to be grateful.

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by lolafaj: 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2012
Deep Sight:

They were very calm. In the car, they were laughing and cracking jokes. None of them seemed high. They spoke Yoruba all through.

Honestly, for about three weeks after the incident, i felt ok, and just glad to be alive. But probably owing to some delayed reaction, in the last few weeks i find myself waking up almost ten times every night to go around and listen for noises in the compound and the street and check windows and doors. When I actually parked just because someone was behind me in traffic one day, realized what the effect of the incident has been.

As for me, I am already planning very extra-ordinary security measures for my house. Burglar proofing is not enough. One needs a way to literally dissapear once alerted of entry.

Unfortunately these armed robbers will always find weaknesses in any security system.

You need to leave that environment for a while, its normal to be traumatized after a crazy event like the one you went through. I was almost attacked once in boarding-house and I could not sleep alone for years cos I was too afraid. Every time I gave an account of my experience, it was like re-living it all over again. With time of course the trauma goes away but leaving definitely helps.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by vascey(m): 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2012
Pastor Kun: @Deepsight
If I didn't know you better I would have thought your story was a nollywood script. One thing that puzzles me though, why did the robbers decide to carry you around
on their rampage? I also hope you remembered to give a testimony about your miraculous escape in 'your' church. wink

What better avenue for testimony than saying it before more than a million people?
Only thing lacking is "Praiseeeeeeeeeee the Lord", "Aaaaaalleeeeeeluyaaaaaaa".

That said, I wonder how those criminals transported such a heavy "Adam's Hammer" if they were not mobile. Someone should have seen them or drop them off. But the police won't even think. There are so many avenues to investigate this story.

SMH 4 Naija.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 01, 2012
The state of affairs in Nigeria makes my blood boil all the time... Sometimes, I just feel like slapping senses into the heads of the 150 million docile Nigeria living happily around filth, crime, the highest murder rate in the world, poverty etc.. without even blinking an eye and asking their leaders questions... Nigeria is too blessed to have that many disenfranchised people! Perhaps, that's why Nigerians are the happiest people in the world a la suffering and smiling...

There are many blueprints for revolutions on the internet - who's going to be our Nigerian 'Jesus', Karl Marx, Harriet Tubman, MLK, Huey P. Newton, Malcolm X, Friedrich Engels, Emmanuel Barthélemy, Fidel Castro, Mao Zedong etc..??

Let's get it, Nigerians!! These corrupt elites can't hold you down, believe that!

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Wallie(m): 4:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
Not trying to turn this horrible experience into a political statement but I believe the solution is having a State Police. Why?

1. Each State can devote as much resources as they deem necessary to policing efforts.
2. Police needs to be paid a higher wage based on what the local community or area can afford so that they can attract a more professional personnel.
3. Police will have a sense of ownership to an area which will make them more effective.
4. Any Police commander to an area will have to answer to the governor directly for non-performance.
5. The Police will have a better local knowledge of troublemakers in the area.
6. Each state will be responsible for funding the Police freeing the federal government to invest in the federal police force.
7. More jobs for unemployed graduates.

With regards to the issue of having a state police under the control of a governor, the answer is pretty simple: separation of powers already contained in the constitution. Whenever there's any conflict or issue between a state police and the Federal Police, the Federal Police is deemed to have jurisdiction or superiority.

What needs to happen is for the Federal government (legislatures) to write the rules that govern how a Police force can be created, the structure of such a force, its hierarchy, minimum standards, demarcated boundaries and how a police can pursue crime across a boundary, etc.

Lastly, if a State police can’t be authorized then guns should be legalized because, at the very least, one has the option of dying on his knees or dying protecting his loved ones! Property can be replaced if stolen but can you imagine the agony of being present when your loved one is being r.aped without being able to do anything and then killed on top of it?

Nobody wants to die but if I’m going to die, the last place I want to be is faced down on the ground begging for my life!

2 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by DeepSight(m): 4:29pm On Nov 01, 2012
shymexx: The state of affairs in Nigeria makes my blood boil all the time... Sometimes, I just feel like slapping senses into the heads of the 150 million docile Nigeria living happily around filth, crime, the highest murder rate in the world, poverty etc.. without even blinking an eye and asking their leaders questions... Nigeria is too blessed to have that many disenfranchised people! Perhaps, that's why Nigerians are the happiest people in the world a la suffering and smiling...

There are many blueprints for revolutions on the internet - who's going to be our Nigerian 'Jesus', Karl Marx, Harriet Tubman, MLK, Huey P. Newton, Malcolm X, Friedrich Engels, Emmanuel Barthélemy, Fidel Castro, Mao Zedong etc..??

Let's get it, Nigerians!! These corrupt elites can't hold you down, believe that!

Let's open a website called "WHY NIGERIA" and have people ask questions and blow whistles regarding corrupt or negligent acts in the public sector.

Am game.

3 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
Deep Sight:

Let's open a website called "WHY NIGERIA" and have people ask questions and blow whistles regarding corrupt or negligent acts in the public sector.

Am game.

Sahareporters is doing that already and it hasn't stopped these people from stealing... These people are shameless and they don't really care... I bet the only language they understand is violence - drag them out of their homes and give them the Samuel Doe treatment!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by yavo2: 4:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
wow!!! your experience is quite harrowing indeed. Thank God for sparing your life.
I also had an experience a couple of years back though less agonizing. I was robbed at gun point on Ikorodu road by some men on a bike in broad daylight.
They took my laptop with some valuables. When I went to report at the police station the next day, the officer taking my statement was demanding for breakfast money from me. One even requested for money to purchase the paper I was to write my statement on. I was really shocked by their behavior. Na only God fit help us for this country!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Michky: 4:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
solidbroda: It seems you are a newbie in Lagos or Nigeria as a whole. Anything from 6pm till dawn, u are on your own. Even, daily robberies we still have and yet you said you love the night. I'm sure you have not learnt your lessons yet, probably if you have ur legs amputated to keep u alive, then maybe you will learn. Nature has warned you enof, and I'm pretty sure its time you keep ur heard low for a while unless you are finally tired of ur gifted life.
...and connecting this with the ALUU4 issue, mindless dimwits have been screaming JUSTICE FOR ALUU4!! JUSTICE FOR ALUU4!!! Is this the same police that's supposed to have protected the ALUU people? The villagers protected themselves through community policing (mob justice) and some fools are still asking for more heads to roll. I hate it when people mindlessly follow band wagons like this. God help us.

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by SONS1: 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
Obinnau: ur narrative is shocking my brother!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by phreakabit(m): 4:41pm On Nov 01, 2012
shymexx:

Sahareporters is doing that already and it hasn't stopped these people from stealing... These people are shameless and they don't really care... I bet the only language they understand is violence - drag them out of their homes and give them the Samuel Doe treatment!

ROFLMAO! Sahara Reporters is a political tool. If they were the ones who reported this incident, I bet they would have "unintentionally" ommited the part about the robbers speaking Yoruba due to oversight.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by cheddarking(m): 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
I see one 1diot spouting rubbish about revolution on this thread...

The same 1diot was not born in the country and knows nothing about whats really going down in Nigeria

The same 1diot whose own father RAN AWAY from Nigeria, is the one shouting about revolution while living(Allegedly) in one of the most deprived neighbourhoods in the UK

People mention the arab spring and revolution - and often forget the chaos and arnachy the said 'revolution' left in its wake

Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Syria in serious turmoil

Like it or love it, the only thing keeping the relative peace is the government in Abuja

Any type of Revolution in Nigeria today with all its ethnic and religious tensions would rip it to shreds and NOTHING good can ever come out of it....

8 Likes

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by ballabriggs: 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
phreakabit:

ROFLMAO! Sahara Reporters is a political tool. If they were the ones who reported this incident, I bet they would have "unintentionally" ommited the part about the robbers speaking Yoruba due to oversight.

A political tool in your insecure mind. My friend go and sleep with Labaran Maku.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Michky: 4:42pm On Nov 01, 2012
shymexx: The state of affairs in Nigeria makes my blood boil all the time... Sometimes, I just feel like slapping senses into the heads of the 150 million docile Nigeria living happily around filth, crime, the highest murder rate in the world, poverty etc.. without even blinking an eye and asking their leaders questions... Nigeria is too blessed to have that many disenfranchised people! Perhaps, that's why Nigerians are the happiest people in the world a la suffering and smiling...

These docile low iq'd people would never be able to follow. They seem to be enjoying the hardship. Am beginning to believe that if this hardship is notched up even to 1000 degrees c, these nigerians would still attack any Malcomx instead of the big thieves.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by fapcrook(m): 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
oyb:

please ban this riff raff animal - sounds like one of the criminals
why? He is telling d fact. U can be a night lover and wont experience such a thing in Nigeria. Security is zero percent. This shd serve as a lesson. Omo abire ki rin loru. A good child doesnt walk in d nyt
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
If your father was half as brave as my pops, then maybe, I would read your rant...

When my pops picked up a gun and fought to keep Nigeria as one as a teenager(despite being from one of the most popular families in Lagos at that time), your father was probably in his village hiding like a scared biatch...

Fvck off and stop trying to be like me, prick...
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by fapcrook(m): 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
Jarus: Omho, fear catch me with your story o shocked

I have to stop being outside beyond 10pm now o
good for your health Jarus
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
Wow, brother, your experience is nightmarish. Harrowing doesn't see to be the best word to explain your experience. Please don't set yourself on fire oh, nigerians would not care, nothing will happen. It is this same lackadaisical approach to life and living that has been the main impediment to growth in nigeria. If light no dey, wetin concern nigerians, we go just go house go on generator or sleep in darkness and heat with lamp. The only time nigerians came out to protest was during the fuel subsidy saga. If it does not affect us in any, that even our back up doesn't work, nigerians would not protest. Na so nigerians life be.

You see this nigerian police, they are incredibly useless. Even other security agencies don't trust. When we hear of operation against boko haram, it is usually army and sss or sss and army. Neva have we heard the police carry out successful operations. This is the same police that allowed a high level terrorist to escape.

What the police needs to be purged and disbanded, the republic of georgia treatment is what the police needs. Just like phcn like police. Useless and completely incompetent agencies.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2012
Remember Fashola just banned okada, prepare for the worst.... God help us all this yuletide
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Michky: 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
cheddarking: I see one 1diot spouting rubbish about revolution on this thread...

The same 1diot was not born in the country and knows nothing about whats really going down in Nigeria

The same 1diot whose own father RAN AWAY from Nigeria, is the one shouting about revolution while living(Allegedly) in one of the most deprived neighbourhoods in the UK

People mention the arab spring and revolution - and often forget the chaos and arnachy the said 'revolution' left in its wake

Like it or love it, the only thing keeping the relative peace is the government in Abuja

Any type of Revolution in Nigeria today with all its ethnic and religious tensions would rip it to shreds and NOTHING good can ever come out of it....

So, are you saying we should continue to just fold our arms and keep looking while our sisters are getting raped, our brothers are deprived of basic rights or while the funds that should have been used for public good is being embezzled right before our eyes? I believe USA also went through a revolution at a point in history and they are better for it. Whether the guy stays in UK or not, he's provided a tangible solution. All you do is sit there and criticize everything criticizable. Chei, i tire for these people o.

1 Like

Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by phreakabit(m): 4:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
cheddarking: I see one 1diot spouting rubbish about revolution on this thread...

Any type of Revolution in Nigeria today with all its [size=18pt]ethnic and religious tensions[/size] would rip it to shreds and NOTHING good can ever come out of it....

Add excessive population to that, and you have a recipe for The Congo + Sudan wars on steroids. The solution is simple. . . Dissolve the darn country. Its a failed project.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by EmmaTay(m): 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
[size=25pt]that's naija for you[/size]
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by phreakabit(m): 4:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
ballabriggs:

A political tool in your insecure mind. My friend go and sleep with Labaran Maku.

Sorry, I reply only the relevant.
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by Michky: 4:53pm On Nov 01, 2012
Cokeroo: Remember Fashola just banned okada, prepare for the worst.... God help us all this yuletide
Did he ban them or just restrict them from certain routes? Well that aside. My own issue is him banning ageros (motor park touts). That is where i believe the worst is gonna spring up from. Brothers, brace up! for the worst is approaching!!
Re: My Armed Robbery Experience And Thoughts On The Nigerian Situation by cheddarking(m): 4:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
A lot of people here fail to think

A lot of people here fail to reason

Imagine a ragamuffin without a Nigerian Passport opening his mouth to talk about 'revolution'

Why did your daddy not 'revolutionize'?

Why did he run away to the UK?

Nigeria is a country of Mad and Angry people...

If with the so called 'law and order' in place, robbers can still go rampage with impunity...

Imagine the chaos that would happen when the so called 'revolution' begins and all law and order breaks down.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Who Disguised As A Woman In Ghana Caught. Photos / Native Doctor Asks The Gods To Kill Man Who Flogged A Lady In Libya / Pastor Who Rapes Pregnant Girls In Abia Church Turned Baby Factory Arrested(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.