Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,876 members, 7,813,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? (12367 Views)

OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire / Guys,would You Marry A Virgin...girls,what's Your Opinion On No S3X B4 Marriage? / Agreed On Open Relationship All In The Name Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
warrior101: my brother, i kinda think you're gone too far with your new age orientation... if my partner isn't satisfied with me sexually then we shouldn't be partners in the first place... many things are involved why your orientation about this topic is wrong, i leave the rest to your thinking, perhaps if you reverse your thinking you will get the point...

bro, why dont you have the same view when men are cheating left right and center?! why dont you say they should simply part ways and live a single life too?! remember that the option of open r/ship is ONLY for the people who have it in them and want to stay with their partner in an HONEST MANNER. if parting ways seems like a better solution to you, then so be it, but many dont see it that way....and there is nothing wrong with that.

Kemaona: Listen to urself. Cos solomon was recomended 4 that? What is bad is bad. Period.

abeg educate yourself biblically as Solomon was NOT THE ONLY ONE!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by ballabriggs: 5:26pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Good thing you don't represent all Nigerian men. wink

Hehehehe Mrs Chima, muruanya O. No go dey inside water make soap dey enter your eye.

In fact naija babes, person wey dey cry dey see road O. Make una shine una eye like Bola Tinubu. Faithfulness just like truth in brother done die. lol
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2012
anintia: Open relationship is a no long thing thingy, so enjoy jare

In essence U condone n support it rite?...

Would love to meet that partner of urs.... grin
anintia: Open relationship is a no long thing thingy, so enjoy jare

In essence U condone n support it rite?...

Would love to meet that partner of urs....
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by nairaman66(m): 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mmm.... The society doesn't always determine everything. I think being ethical and having good moral standards plays alot of role in going about things. And you will agree with me that the society doesnt always determine the standards of morality. In that case, it comes down to individuals, how they see it and stuff...

Thumbs Up! Mature talk..
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by warrior101: 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

when people in biblical times were having concubines/mistresses and what not to the tunes of 700, you are here talking of end of times because a man and a woman decide to have an open r/ship? animal indeed..... NONSENSE!

those people where noble people who could afford to have them, why? because its not socially accepted. PERIOD
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
sanb: We all have choices to make in life whether good or bad and you’ll have to leave by the consequences. Not all men or women are cheats.. you cheat cos you want to and not cos you have to plain and simple…

On your first point, if he cheats and I don't know that’s a different thing entirely especially if I’m still his finance. I’ll decide if I’ll still carry on with the relationship or not after all I’m not married to him so I see no reason why I should continue to be with him but again I’ll still need to hear his side first and make my decision from there….

On your second point, if I were married to him and I find out he's cheated on me then that's a choice I’ll have to make if I’ll carry on with him as his wife or divorce him. I'll consider a lot of factors and then make my decision after hearing from him why and what lead to the cheating...

so what you are indirectly saying is that you COULD be in an open r/ship where you will allow your partner to cheat have other women?!
or do you actually believe that he will suddenly change now that you caught him?! come on lady!

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 5:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
Billyonaire: @MRbrownJAY

Have you ever been married ? If not, you need more education on marriages and the sexual dynamics therein. Your ideas apply ocassionally during single-hood and loosely so in the case that the men, just like you, are NOT real men. I recommend s3x toys to you and the other demented humans.

Can U give us incisive explanation OT tutorials on hw to keep d fire burning wen satisfaction is lackn in a relationship?......

Cuz, frm what U jst said above clearly indicates that open relationship/sharing ones partner is no match wen dias clear understanding in d relationship....
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2012
achukwunet:

Life would be easier by just staying single. Open relationships could potentially cause even more issues in the supposed relationship

How?.... Its supoz to b for adults with high level of tolerance n maturity...

So?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by dmcdad: 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
ballabriggs:

Hehehehe Mrs Chima, muruanya O. No go dey inside water make soap dey enter your eye.

In fact naija babes, person wey dey cry dey see road O. Make una shine una eye like Bola Tinubu. Faithfulness just like truth in brother done die. lol

Bruv... Faithfulness ain't dead neither is truth dead. The fact that majority of men out there are unfaithful and stuff doesn't mean we all are guilty of this menace called UNFAITHFULNESS.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by warrior101: 5:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

bro, why dont you have the same view when men are cheating left right and center?! why dont you say they should simply part ways and live a single life too?! remember that the option of open r/ship is ONLY for the people who have it in them and want to stay with their partner in an HONEST MANNER. if parting ways seems like a better solution to you, then so be it, but many dont see it that way....and there is nothing wrong with that.

abeg educate yourself biblically as Solomon was NOT THE ONLY ONE!

like the man said, what is bad is bad, period.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by vikeb(m): 5:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
It sure doesnt make senseeeeeeeeee
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by MrsChima(f): 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
dmcdad:

Bruv... Faithfulness ain't dead neither is truth dead. The fact that majority of men out there are unfaithful and stuff doesn't mean we all are guilty of this menace called UNFAITHFULNESS.

Exactly! They think they represent everyone that is trifling like them. SMH. Some people DO KNOW HOW TO PRACTICE SELF CONTROL. wink
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 5:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Wait a min, lemme see if I understand this. . .Y'all think two people making a mutual decision not to be faithful to each other is wrong but have no qualms with those who are supposed to be in an exclusive relationship cheating on their partner?!!

Is it because the former takes out the thrill of the peek-a-boo in the latter people have an issue with or the fact that it causes less pain from heartbreak?!!

Seriously, what is so objectionable about an open relationship? Most people are having one anyway so why not make it official.

Imagine it this way,... U've a virile n healthy partner( base on ur previous relationship.. U knw is very gud)....

Can U share that kinda man with anoda woman?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by MrsChima(f): 5:48pm On Nov 01, 2012
ballabriggs:

Sorry boo boo...the bad batch of Nigerian men didn't ruin for the good Nigerian men. wink
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2012
I see no difference between an open relationship and friends with benefit.

I mean at what point in an open relationship, do u decide to be exclusive and committed??

Why be in a "gf/bf relationship" if it's going to be an open one??

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2012
DECOtech:
Can you?

Indifferent!
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by ballabriggs: 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
dmcdad:

Errrr yeye dey smell. Dey there dey deceive yourself while the 'Sister in the Lord' wey you wan marry or done marry dey carry am go give Pastor.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 5:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
okpara ugo:

Yes, it's not for us. Ours is closed.

Meaning, no mata hw poor(in every ramification) ur partner is, U would stick to them n b dying slowly of lack?...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 5:59pm On Nov 01, 2012
dmcdad:

Lol... Nope definitely. I was only kidding. My kinda person forbids that entirely. I cant even imagine that in my wildest of dreamz. Infact! I'd rather remain single for the rest of my miserable life. Lol. I stayed as a single for 4 years and I am telling you that its still great with me, but to stay in an open relationship for a week knowing fully well that the one I call mine is exposed to sexual adventure with the rest of the world, no way!!! So, if I can find that fine-ass-chic and she ain't crappy, then its me and her for life... Lol

Open relationship kor, closed relationship ni

cool
dmcdad:

Lol... Nope definitely. I was only kidding. My kinda person forbids that entirely. I cant even imagine that in my wildest of dreamz. Infact! I'd rather remain single for the rest of my miserable life. Lol. I stayed as a single for 4 years and I am telling you that its still great with me, but to stay in an open relationship for a week knowing fully well that the one I call mine is exposed to sexual adventure with the rest of the world, no way!!! So, if I can find that fine-ass-chic and she ain't crappy, then its me and her for life... Lol

Open relationship kor, closed relationship ni

Lwtmb.... Still roftl wit lafta....
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by AyaSammy(f): 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
BWAAAAAh see this one talking about prayers!!!! as if prayers have ever stopped a man from cheating?! nonsense!
if you knew anything about the BIBLE, then you would know that many well respected MARRIED men in the bible had concubines mistresses sugarbabies and what not....so if it is ok for THEM to get their groove on, then i am sure it would be equally ok for women to do so too in marriage so long as hubby fully well knows.....or is it not?

since you are a lost sheep, let me say it one more time to you: MANY WELL RESPECTED MARRIED MEN IN BIBLICAL TIMES OPENLY HAD CONCUBINES/MISTRESSES/S.EX SLAVES AND WHAT NOT, and there was NO PROBLEM with it whatsoever (so long as the person they did the do with was NOT married)![/quote]

Let me give you a better insight about this your open relationship, most people involve is because of their inability to be faithfull and ofcos their decitfull nature, coupled with inferiority complex.

And mind you, those men in the bible were never describe as weak or not capable of satisfying their partners.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 6:05pm On Nov 01, 2012
james1: Open relationship is not for the feeble minded.

Are U saying that d strong minded dnt get jealous, dnt feel challenged( wen dey knw dey can't perform n sum1 else can),......?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by salt1: 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

but of course......... because the real man is the one who isnt satisfied by his wife BUT GLADLY FUKCS HIS SECRETARY/SUGARBABY/MAID, while letting his miserable wife handle her miserable se.xual self by praying for better days. what a bunch of hypocrites you lot are. but then again, what do you expect?!

as i said earlier and REPEAT: if two people are not sexually satisfied and decide to have an open r/ship then LET THEM DO SO, as they surely aint complaining or hurting anyone.
Not hurting anyone? How can u say that a promiscuous couple isn't hurting anyone? Sorry for being nasty, but how pleased will u be with ur mom if u realise dat she habitually meets other men apart from ur dad? How glad will ur sisters feel with ur dad knowing he has multiple sex partners? Everybody is hurt when infidelity becomes public.
The bohemian lifestyle u are recommending is anti-family and pro-disease. If a partner is discreetly carrying on an affair (bad as it is), it still shows his respect for his family that he doesn't flaunt it in their face. Sex is just one aspect of a family's life. It's not all that matters even tho it is impt.

BTW, I just came to this thread to find out what open relship is.
Now that I know it, I feel like throwing up
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by dmcdad: 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2012
ballabriggs:

Errrr yeye dey smell. Dey there dey deceive yourself while the 'Sister in the Lord' wey you wan marry or done marry dey carry am go give Pastor.

Ha ha ha ha ha... Newsflash! I am SINGLE AND PROUD... The fact that I can't take unfaithfulness thats why I had to remain single but hey! It doesnt change a thing. I will remain the faithful guy for life. Besides, them dey pay person say him don sleep with 100 gurls? At the end of everything, if you are to be sincere with yourself, you will realize that there ain't any gain whatsoever in being unfaithful. Tell yourself the truth brah.. I am not in a relationship, but even if I were to be in one, I would still remain faithful. Its my logo...

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
Billyonaire:

I like your courage in propagating this 'civilized' s3xism. But does it occur to you that, you are actually propagating 'legalization of cheating' ? If Open Relationship is acceptable, why not polygamy and polyandry too. I guess there is confusion in your camp. You are proposing what is happening in the goat and dogs Kingdom to humans. How nice will it be for you to get home after a hectic day from work and your wife is not home, only for her to return tired and saying; "I went to fvck Mr. Richard, I really needed it". Its shameful.

Still lol.... Lwtmb...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
ballabriggs:

Kpele O, Mr Offensive and Personal.

I give you the average naija mans life you say offensive and personal, na you know O.

U see... Wit the kind of response U got for saying it as it is.....

Dnt U tink, to a large extent.... Our society/culture plays a great role in determining its workability....
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 6:22pm On Nov 01, 2012
ballabriggs:

Look Mr Man my father was a member of Island Club and the Lagos Tennis club. I used to attend club events with him as a teenager. If I remember what those men used to do then, I loose respect for most naija men. These men were the elites in the society.

Why are women in naija dulling themselves and forming closed relationship when your partner is all open to even young UNI girls.

My point is sha.g whoever you want to sha.g without looking back. It won't bring the world to an end.

And as they say, YOLO.

Does that mean U can condone ur partner(who's very virile n satisfying) to sha.g oda ppl?...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2012
Billyonaire: How many Nigerian men do you know ?

Most statistical facts r nt 100% rite... Neither r sum science... But frm aggregation....

So to sum extent she can base her opinion frm past xperinc( both personal n frm oda ppl)
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by ibehenryrocket(m): 6:30pm On Nov 01, 2012
A very good way 2 spread grin“AIDS” & d likes. Make una thumbs up. And remember 2 smile not cry 4 d camera. When ur infected
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 6:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Good thing you don't represent all Nigerian men. wink

But he/she has a clear pics of what he/she is saying...

Like I said earlier U can give or base ur statistics on aggregation....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Steps To Keeping The Love Flame Burning This Valentine / "I May Be Ugly But I Confuse Men With My Big Assets" - Busty Lady Says. / I And My Side Chick Have Ended Things (pictures Added)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.