Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,084 members, 7,835,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? (12399 Views)

OAP @Mayourspeaks's Opinion On Rape Sets Twitter On Fire / Guys,would You Marry A Virgin...girls,what's Your Opinion On No S3X B4 Marriage? / Agreed On Open Relationship All In The Name Of Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2012
Myne White: If it works for the couple, that's their choice. For me, we shall cross that road when we come to it.

Are U in anyway saying that if d situation is right U can go into an open relationship?...

Or lucidly put... If ur partner wants it... U'll condone it?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2012
Kemaona: Listen to urself. Cos solomon was recomended 4 that? What is bad is bad. Period.

Are U saying its bad?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2012
Kemaona: Listen to urself. Cos solomon was recomended 4 that? What is bad is bad. Period.

Are U saying its bad n that U can't ever see ursef practicing it?....

What if d person U so love dearly wants it?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2012
ballabriggs:

Hehehehe Mrs Chima, muruanya O. No go dey inside water make soap dey enter your eye.

In fact naija babes, person wey dey cry dey see road O. Make una shine una eye like Bola Tinubu. Faithfulness just like truth in brother done die. lol

I believe U jst implied clearly that U dnt believe in TRUST in any relationship U r in....
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 6:46pm On Nov 01, 2012
warrior101:

those people where noble people who could afford to have them, why? because its not socially accepted. PERIOD

Are U saying that its generally wrong regardless of race to engage in an open relationship?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 6:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
vikeb: It sure doesnt make senseeeeeeeeee

Can U xplain pls?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

Exactly! They think they represent everyone that is trifling like them. SMH. Some people DO KNOW HOW TO PRACTICE SELF CONTROL. wink

Self control simply means self denial... Which leads to paranoia...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
ballabriggs:

Errrr yeye dey smell. Dey there dey deceive yourself while the 'Sister in the Lord' wey you wan marry or done marry dey carry am go give Pastor.

Lmao.... Lwtmb.... Roftl.... Loooooool....
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
AyaSammy: BWAAAAAh see this one talking about prayers!!!! as if prayers have ever stopped a man from cheating?! nonsense!
if you knew anything about the BIBLE, then you would know that many well respected MARRIED men in the bible had concubines mistresses sugarbabies and what not....so if it is ok for THEM to get their groove on, then i am sure it would be equally ok for women to do so too in marriage so long as hubby fully well knows.....or is it not?

since you are a lost sheep, let me say it one more time to you: MANY WELL RESPECTED MARRIED MEN IN BIBLICAL TIMES OPENLY HAD CONCUBINES/MISTRESSES/S.EX SLAVES AND WHAT NOT, and there was NO PROBLEM with it whatsoever (so long as the person they did the do with was NOT married)!

Let me give you a better insight about this your open relationship, most people involve is because of their inability to be faithfull and ofcos their decitfull nature, coupled with inferiority complex.

And mind you, those men in the bible were never describe as weak or not capable of satisfying their partners.

Then why do U tink they where doing it?....
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 7:07pm On Nov 01, 2012
dmcdad:

Ha ha ha ha ha... Newsflash! I am SINGLE AND PROUD... The fact that I can't take unfaithfulness thats why I had to remain single but hey! It doesnt change a thing. I will remain the faithful guy for life. Besides, them dey pay person say him don sleep with 100 gurls? At the end of everything, if you are to be sincere with yourself, you will realize that there ain't any gain whatsoever in being unfaithful. Tell yourself the truth brah.. I am not in a relationship, but even if I were to be in one, I would still remain faithful. Its my logo...

BRO U jst simply put our earlier convo to rest that.... This type of relationship doesn't wrk in this part of the world... grin
dmcdad:

Ha ha ha ha ha... Newsflash! I am SINGLE AND PROUD... The fact that I can't take unfaithfulness thats why I had to remain single but hey! It doesnt change a thing. I will remain the faithful guy for life. Besides, them dey pay person say him don sleep with 100 gurls? At the end of everything, if you are to be sincere with yourself, you will realize that there ain't any gain whatsoever in being unfaithful. Tell yourself the truth brah.. I am not in a relationship, but even if I were to be in one, I would still remain faithful. Its my logo...

BRO U jst simply put our earlier convo to rest that.... This type of relationship doesn't wrk in this part of the world...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
ibehenry@rocket:
A very good way 2 spread grin“AIDS” & d likes. Make una thumbs up. And remember 2 smile not cry 4 d camera. When ur infected

With d loads n loads of safe sex practices around.... Haba nau!... What era r U frm?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by dmcdad: 7:10pm On Nov 01, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

Does it necessarily leads to paranoia? That means you don't really know what it takes to have self control.. This might also mean that there is nothing like self control in your encyclopedia, which means also that faithfulness is not something you take in high regard. Because faithfulness entails self control and or self denial according to you and which momentarily takes you to a point whereby your partner feels safe with you. Besides, I never knew faithfulness could bring about one being paranoid (That is according to you).... It can be deduced therefore that there is a misconception about what you see faithfulness or self control to be and until you re-direct your mind and think outside the box (That is going beyond your perimeters), then you might have lost the right path...
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by phineboy1pimple(m): 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2012
dmcdad:

Does it necessarily leads to paranoia? That means you don't really know what it takes to have self control.. This might also mean that there is nothing like self control in your encyclopedia, which means also that faithfulness is not something you take in high regard. Because faithfulness entails self control and or self denial according to you and which momentarily takes you to a point whereby your partner feels safe with you. Besides, I never knew faithfulness could bring about one being paranoid (That is according to you).... It can be deduced therefore that there is a misconception about what you see faithfulness or self control to be and until you re-direct your mind and think outside the box (That is going beyond your perimeters), then you might have lost the right path...

Knw fully well what U want n how to get it but can't cuz of an arrangement... Can lead to frustration.... Frustration on d oda hand can lewd to paranoia... That on its own definitely is nt gud in any relationship...

Dnt U agree?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by SELFWORTH: 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
"'Open to what"?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by dmcdad: 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

Knw fully well what U want n how to get it but can't cuz of an arrangement... Can lead to frustration.... Frustration on d oda hand can lewd to paranoia... That on its own definitely is nt gud in any relationship...

Dnt U agree?

I quite agree with you but, how is it possible that you cant get what you want? If you are the type that is determined you will know that impossible is nothing, in other words, difficult doesnt imply impossible. Sometimes getting what you want might take longer than expected but that is not to say you will have to settle for less cuz what you crave for tarries. Anywayz, if you know me fully well, you will know that frustration is very far from me coz situations seldom toss me aimlessly as I am very prepared to face whatever that comes to the fore. Just so you know, I am a perfectionist by personality and that will give you a glimpse of how I see and react to things around me....
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by jowizee(m): 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

Can U?
WHY VENTURE INTO A RELATIONSHIP ATALL IF U AINT READY AND AN OPEN RELATIONSHIP FOR THAT MATTER....THATS MORE LIKE FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS I GUESS
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by fairygeh(f): 7:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
It makes no sense whatsoever to me
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by hardbody: 7:47pm On Nov 01, 2012
As much as I pride myself to be experienced in the ways of the world, I must humbly admit that I do not understand the intricacies and dynamics of open relationship. From what I am reading, it seems to mean, being in a relationship but leaving a window open for phocking another. If I am right, then such is anathema in our culture. However my views are that you can sleep around if I don't ever get to know, I will too and make it real discreet, what you do not know will never hurt you.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by caukerzee(m): 8:12pm On Nov 01, 2012
People here don't really understand the dynamics of an open relationship. It's not just all about s3x, it's about acknowledging the fact that you cannot statisfy and cannot be satisfied by your partner in every area, therefore going to get it and allowing your partner to go and get it elsewhere 'sometimes' through mutual agreement. Its more of honesty than unfaithfulness. Unfaithfulness is making your partner think you are something else when you are not. Having said that, it can only be practiced by matured minds, people who are not emotionally feeble and people who dont get jelous easily. Its just the perfect way to aviod cheating and heartbreaks. I reccomend it for y all. Its better than knowing your partner is suffering and leting him or her all in the selfish name of faithfulness. But this shouldnt be practiced in marriages especially if you already have kids. No kid will be proud of a dad or mom who sleeps around with other women or men respectively.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by fapcrook(m): 8:15pm On Nov 01, 2012
Yield: Personally, not my cup of tea.
but your cup of gaarrryyy. Lol
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2012
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by fapcrook(m): 8:37pm On Nov 01, 2012
chiteny: My opinion? .....very ungodly! angry
abi o. And even HIV and STDs are still in town
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by hunkydory(m): 8:44pm On Nov 01, 2012
Open relationship is good.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by caukerzee(m): 8:56pm On Nov 01, 2012
fapcrook: abi o. And even HIV and STDs are still in town
Hello! 21st CENTURY!!!!!? Does that ring a bell?? Safe s e x and other preventive mesures still exists bruv.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by caukerzee(m): 8:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
hunkydory: Open relationship is good.
no reasons??
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by MrsChima(f): 9:01pm On Nov 01, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

But he/she has a clear pics of what he/she is saying...

Like I said earlier U can give or base ur statistics on aggregation....

Huh One person doesnt represent all certainly not the bleeped up ones!!
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by MrsChima(f): 9:03pm On Nov 01, 2012
phineboy1pimple:

You failed school didnt you?

Its okay somebody have to be dumb and you filled the position!
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 01, 2012
sanb: I'll not be in an open relationship that's a NO NO for me and neither would I tolerate it if my partner cheats or carry around other women. He might or might not change if I catch him cheating on me but I’ve got a choice on whether I’ll carry on with him or not...

what CHOICE are you talking about?! there are NO two ways about it, if you are not willing to drop his cheating a.ss FOR GOOD then you are INDIRECTLY having an open r/ship....whether you like it or not.......because if you stay with him then you will fully know that he will have other women (but simply disregard his indiscretions).

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by claremont(m): 9:20pm On Nov 01, 2012
I absolutely love open relationships. It gives you all the benefit of being in a relationship but without the hassle of someone always breathing down your neck.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Orikinla(m): 9:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
[size=18pt]You have your life to live.
But make sure you don't harm or hurt others along the way.
Just play safe.[/size]
Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 01, 2012
warrior101: like the man said, what is bad is bad, period.

and again, to have an open r/ship IS NOT BAD, as we can clearly see from the bible that many had concubines/mistresses and sex slaves and they were NEVER PUNISH....so if it was good for them, it is certainly good for any of us. stop reading your bible upside down!

AyaSammy: Let me give you a better insight about this your open relationship, most people involve is because of their inability to be faithfull and ofcos their decitfull nature, coupled with inferiority complex.

And mind you, those men in the bible were never describe as weak or not capable of satisfying their partners.

yes many are using open r/ships because they want out, but if their partner is ok with it, then why are you busting a vein?! let each and everyone decide what is best for THEIR lives. i am not saying that all of you should join the open r/ship world, but to accept that if two individuals decide to have such r/ship then LET THEM, so long as you are not one of them.

salt 1:
Not hurting anyone? How can u say that a promiscuous couple isn't hurting anyone? Sorry for being nasty, but how pleased will u be with ur mom if u realise dat she habitually meets other men apart from ur dad? How glad will ur sisters feel with ur dad knowing he has multiple sex partners? Everybody is hurt when infidelity becomes public.

NONSENSE!!!! if my parents (AKA ADULTS) decide to have an open r/ship and they are BOTH ok with it, then where is my concern in that one. are you saying that they should live their lives the way I see fit?! what kind of crap is that?! if my father wants to join nudist colony or even become a lesbian priest then who am i to disagree with this adult person's wishes. so long as HE is happy then thats all that matter to me, as i sure will STILL love him till death!

The bohemian lifestyle u are recommending is anti-family and pro-disease. If a partner is discreetly carrying on an affair (bad as it is), it still shows his respect for his family that he doesn't flaunt it in their face. Sex is just one aspect of a family's life. It's not all that matters even tho it is impt.

get real bro, people have the right to live whatever lifestyle they choose for themselves, so long as it is NOT criminal or against the law. why would you even want to care about what other s are HAPPILY doing in their lives?! abeg face your front, mind your damn business, and be happy for what you got!

let me help you understand that there is something called a CONDOM that are widely used by smart adults all around the world. you should try some someday. nobody is "discreetly carrying an affair since the husband/wife definitely knows about it, duh!
sex is a very important part of FAMILY life, therefore trying to fix everything and leaving that matter out is just a remedy for FAILURE.

AGAIN, we are here talking about 2 mature and adult individuals who have decided to live their lives the way THEY see fit.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Open Relatipnships? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 01, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When Love Dies, What Next? / Ever Since I Started Having Sex With My Neighbour,she Has Become Too Clingy / My Experience Dating A Black American Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.