Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,601 members, 7,816,492 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? (25296 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles of Nigeria versus Black Stars of Ghana

Super Eagles of Nigeria: 74% (111 votes)
Black Stars of Ghana: 26% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by denony(m): 3:31pm On Jan 31, 2008
May the result come according to their hard work, Amen.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by mamaorga(f): 3:36pm On Jan 31, 2008
We are waiting for something spectacular frm the super eagles
if they exhibit the same style of play as they did in their previous matches
sorry guys but its hard to say that we might have to pack our bags back to Nija.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Prince22(m): 3:48pm On Jan 31, 2008
Naija will put shame on all that does not stand by what they have because of a hitches.
No point MAN but Nigeria will WIN, though, this is the worst outing of of our National Team since i pick interest in footballing.
Hence, UP NAIJA, UP, UP, UP

Congratulations ahead, Optimism smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by sley4life(m): 5:15pm On Jan 31, 2008
Lets not waste our time doing improper analysis. I looked at the result casted and most people voted for Super eagles to win. Thats the bigest illusionive ever seen. Im a Nigeria but the truth shall be said. Ghana will defeat us. Ghana 2- Nigeria 0
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by crazyT(m): 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2008
denony:

Quote of the week cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Bblak(f): 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2008
Let's just be positive.Shit happens
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by kafero(m): 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2008
Why did Ivory Coast allowed Nigeria to sail through to the last 8? So that going by the African Cup of Nation history Nigeria will beat Ghana ( 2-1) and Ivory Coast will avoid Ghana the host nation in the finals like they met Eygpt the host nation in the finals two years ago. But I think Ivory Coast shot themselves in the leg by that calculation because African Cup of Nation history favours Nigeria to pick the cup 14 years after they won it.OK Nigeria has not done too well. But this is football the better the side Eagles meet the better their performance. And also the pressure is on Ghana not Nigeria unlike in our last three matches when the pressure was on Nigeria. Eagles have notthing to lose but Ghana has everything to play for - remember they are on home soil. My fellow Nigerians Eagles will feed on the black Stars come Sunday in a Super way.If u don't believe now u will after the match. Eagles will come back from a goal down to thrash the Black Stars. Just watch
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Oracle(m): 6:10pm On Jan 31, 2008
I'm not certain of anything anymore.
Nigeria's performance has been dissapointing.
They're no more as big as they used to be.
We had to be at Ivory Coast mercy to pass the group stage
thatz not the super eagles i used to know.

I think they need God's help
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Truequest(m): 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2008
Wonderful posts, Men I had a good laugh reading all the posts both from Nigerians and Ghanains but to sum every thing up Victory will come Nigeria way. Remember that Ghana usually loose to Nigeria when it matters most, we've lostto them in England and this is our turn to beat them. Appology to my Ghanaian brothers and sisters.

Old things have passed away, Group stage is over, it is knock out stages mind you.
This is or chance!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 6:53pm On Jan 31, 2008
Well said, as i've always said it until the day let's lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by spaceworld: 7:35pm On Jan 31, 2008
look at you all talking as if u don't know the Eagle's that we present in this tournament, well let just wait and see, 90min will tell who carry the day, the players should show more zeal, FINISH
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by sley4life(m): 8:14pm On Jan 31, 2008
No more hope. I hav authoritatively found that the Eagles have started making reservation of the AIRPLANE to take them to their club on late sunday/monday morning after they play Ghana because they have forcasted their loss. But the NFA has told them that they should b coming back to Nigeria after their match to shake Yar'adua. I think they are scared of what they will see when they come home because of treats of their lifes. I have also planned to go and receive them at the airport with a RED EYE look and som insult. I hope they will come home with Luxury bus because they don't have the right to waste our money taking plane after failing us. So Nigerians lets pray they win but it seems God is a Ghana now and not a Nigerian because i know they have lost to Ghana.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 8:47pm On Jan 31, 2008
denony:

Stop cursing
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by McKren(m): 8:51pm On Jan 31, 2008
there is not a lot to Ghana's game other than hardwork.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by odada(m): 10:12pm On Jan 31, 2008
la gbara Olorun ama no Ghana grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by dayokanu(m): 10:30pm On Jan 31, 2008
Who ever plays well should win . No more favours from CIV
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Wallace100(m): 12:29am On Feb 01, 2008
Even though the Super Eagles performances in the on-going CAF Nations Cup Ghana 2008 has not really portray the image of the nation in the international football.

Yet,i wanna beleive this team will spool a surprise past Ghana in thier Quarter final encounter in Accra on sunday!

The coaching crew had known the weak point in the team that almost cost us loosing out from the group stage and every of such loops will definitely be sealed to give a formidable team against the Black stars of Ghana.

A mind blowing match it gonna be ,no doubt,classic football from both teams not forgetting the ghanians aving home crowd as an advantage but i can see Nigeria Super Eagles playing in the semi-finals from 2- 1 victory from sunday quarter final encounter!

Wishing the Super Eagles a swell time on sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 01, 2008
Why not ? we can beat the host country,if only our players can concentrate.Ghana team are under pressure right
now, what i expect Vogts to do is to stick to the last formation.
I will like Nsofor to be on the starting line up and Afolabi or Emoregbe replacing Olafinjano.
Our defence is far better than that of the Ghanians but where their strenght lies is the midfield .

Here's my list
Goalkeeper -Ejide
defence-Yobo, shittu,Taiwo, and Obinna
Midfield-Mikel,Osaze,Nsofor,Omoregbe or Afolabi
Strikers- Yakubu(9),Uche(cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by tripplesoo: 9:00am On Feb 01, 2008
Please, let us understand that we don't have both a team and a coach. This team is the worst team that ever came out of our soil. More so, we don't equally have a coach. We don't stand a chance of winning this game. We are out and is shameful. After Ghana dealt with us in a friendly encounter, they are still going to really deal with us in this encounter. Shame on our super eagles. Eagles that can't fly. Safe journey to ur different clubs. Una dey form big  boys wey don make money.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by sley4life(m): 9:58am On Feb 01, 2008
I was in Ghana in the same hotel with the Super eagles where i left my room and saw the Seyi Olonfijana and Yakubu discussing and i heard Yakubu telling Seyin to do his best in the midfield that although they have already lost the match against Ghana but the scoreline shouldnt be more than 4-0 as they did in the friendly in Ghana. Both laffed and Seyi said he has even packed his luggages preparing to fly down to his Club first flight on Monday. Yakubu said he will do the same because he already know they are playing for pride with Ghana on sunda. He said he doesnt think he will score a goal because they have a good midfield and defence.

What a shame! This is real conversation that i even recorded on my phone. We are doomed. We shouldnt let this boys disgrace us. Its better we dont play the match in Ghana and come back home tomorrow(saturday) on pretence of health
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by obasanjo2(m): 10:00am On Feb 01, 2008
Why not? There's nothing spectacular about the Black Stars. They are not one of the better teams at this tournament (CIV, EGYPT, CAMEROON are the best of the pack). I saw Ghana's matches and they were ordinary. The only thing going for them is home advantage, with the refrees favouring them too glaringly in their group matches. Eagles are hardly any better, though we've had stronger opponents. The Eagles will have themselves to blame if they lose this one. I think our bus stop is the Semi-Final.  cool  cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 01, 2008
tripplesoo:

Una dey form big boys wey don make money.

i hope ur not Jealous of them , cos ur sounding so.

what concerns the amount of money they have with the way they play, cos almost all th eafrican players in the competition are playing in europe are equally well paid

sley4life:

because i know they have lost to Ghana.

@sley

i hope your authoritative negativeness does not affect u in life, cos ur so sure of negative results. - too bad
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Emeka72(m): 10:54am On Feb 01, 2008
I think the Eagles should have to prepare thier bag and baggages inside bus because na bus dem go enter come back immediately after that match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Pitokwe(m): 10:59am On Feb 01, 2008
i teel all of u that naija will beat ghana. cool :d
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by efuah(f): 11:10am On Feb 01, 2008
ehem ehem. . . i still remain cool cool cool. . . until Sunday.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by papine(m): 11:33am On Feb 01, 2008
Can We Beat The Host Country? (question)

We can beat the host (answer)
hi efuah
cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Kudanis(m): 12:53pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ efuah

I know you Ghanian thoguht you have won the match already.
Forget about the group matches we played, we were under pressure,
now u are under pressure.
Right now i'm with a Ghanian, they are saying you will beat Naija, that's
impossible. Though you are playing very well but Nigeria will come out in
flying colours on Sunday.

let's wait and see, it's just two days remaining for the D-day.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Kudanis(m): 12:58pm On Feb 01, 2008
@ efuah

I mean i'm living with Ghanians and they are 200% sure
they will beat us.
The Super eagles will all the Ghanians heart on Sunday so
tell your doctor to be ready for work.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Echidime(m): 1:04pm On Feb 01, 2008
the only team we should be afraid of is Cote D'ivoire, if we play them 10 time they will win us 10 times,as for ghana,we will kiss them,romance them,and Bleep them like a woman and then put them to bed.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Pepeye(f): 1:15pm On Feb 01, 2008
What can I say but to be patriotic and believe the Super Eagles’ll beat Ghana at their backyard, but believe they sure cannot succeed in givin' us a Fright!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by TCUBE(m): 1:41pm On Feb 01, 2008
I do not believe that nigeria can beat ghana. Not with the way the "super eagles" are playing, I jsut dont seee us winning, sorry folks
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by brushparke(m): 3:01pm On Feb 01, 2008
Hi guys, the game between Nigeria and Ghana will be my most interesting game. I have written a prebiew on my blog on these game. I hope to see how these one turns out. So far I have been correct on Nigeria's chances.

Read my preview :
http://naijafootballfans..com/2008/02/ghana-vs-nigeria-preview-ghana-2008.html

Nigeria has a good chance of moving ahead just like Ghana. But we also know that the Eagles have not been very inspiring. Is this about to change?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Ryan Shawcross Suffered Ankle Break In Match Against Leicester (Photos) / Tyronne Ebuehi Biography, Age & Lifestyle / AFCON Qualifier: Rwanda Vs Super Eagles (0 - 0) On February 29th 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.