Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,016 members, 7,814,467 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? (25278 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles of Nigeria versus Black Stars of Ghana

Super Eagles of Nigeria: 74% (111 votes)
Black Stars of Ghana: 26% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Nobody: 6:09am On Jan 31, 2008
ghana must go!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by mikey4ify: 6:31am On Jan 31, 2008
I feel so, so sorry for the B***k S**rs fo Ghana, Because the SUPER EAGLES will have to play out all their hearts for sunday game, The SUPER EAGLES have to take their own pound of flesh from the Ghanian team after what they did to Nigeria in London, Maybe the Ghanians seems to forget so fast.
I strongly believe on the Super Eagles, i know they can do it Lets all stand up and support them.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by OldSYNC(m): 6:53am On Jan 31, 2008
Seun:

We were just lucky to qualify.  The only team we have defeated in this competition is Benin Republic.  We have no reason to be optimistic unless Ghana is fumbling.

Haba! We still get God ooo, and for sure nitori igu ti won ya s'ara awon jasi yen (For the sake of the eagles crested on the jersey), we will surely kolifai (qualify). Mr Seun U go talk say I talk am.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by oct27: 7:54am On Jan 31, 2008
I think the super fowls will beat Ghana by a goal difference. Nigeria can beat Ghana anytime and anywhere. Even if we lose to sudan, we shall surely beat Ghana. Guys you need to see the tension here in Ghana. Ghanaians are scared!!! I am not going to watch that match live cos I know the Ghanaians may attack Nigerians after that match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Eclairs: 8:55am On Jan 31, 2008
Got wht it takes but then, the boys neva fail to let the country down when it matters most.

lets hope with good officiatin, and the God of soccer on ourside, we'd win. Sadly, I fear we'd loose on penalties
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by jinworm: 9:10am On Jan 31, 2008
we wil beat ghana hands down.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by uchetobi(f): 9:19am On Jan 31, 2008
The God of soccer seems to be Nigeria, we shall defeat Ghana
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by mamaorga(f): 9:30am On Jan 31, 2008
Una dey funny me sef
a positive attitude yields good results so y'all better develop a positive attitude for sunday
surprises happen and i believe the super eagles is capable of surprising us by winning the match
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by abidex008(m): 10:01am On Jan 31, 2008
I think with determination and seriousness,Nnigeria will overcome Ghana,although it wont be that easy but may God help Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by abidex008(m): 10:03am On Jan 31, 2008
I think with determination and seriousness,Nnigeria will overcome Ghana,although it wont be that easy but may God help Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by jinworm: 10:32am On Jan 31, 2008
Road to success sometimes starts with disappointments.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by mellow(m): 11:05am On Jan 31, 2008
jinworm:

Road to success sometimes starts with disappointments.

me thinks there was one too many disappiontments on that road for mugu eagles.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Wilfem(m): 11:11am On Jan 31, 2008
abidex_008:

I share the same opinion with you. We'll surely beet them, hopefully & prayerfully. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by sil(m): 11:36am On Jan 31, 2008
All these talk about everything favouring Ghana cos they will play at home is not really important any longer in soccer. Was it not here in Lagos Cameroon snatched the cup from us in 2000?
We shall definitely win on Sunday, the cup is naija's.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Emeka72(m): 11:45am On Jan 31, 2008
[/quote quote from Mama Orga yesterday ]Hmmmmm the confidence been shown by the Ghanianian side is overwhelming, listened to the local radio stations here this morning and all they were talking about is the match on sunday and they are optimistic that it will end up in their favour,
Football is unpredictable u know,  but what we are hoping for is a brilliant performance by the super chickens  so that they graduate to the super eagles on sunday.
we need to play well and hope that luck is on our side too because there's something called luck,   .

LUCK: simply means Labouring Under Correct Knowledge
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Emeka72(m): 11:53am On Jan 31, 2008
But let's be sincere to ourselves and not decieve ourselves, we all know that Nigeria cannot beat Ghana in football only that they cannot disgrace Nigeria Highest Ghana1- Nigeria 0.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by sabak: 11:56am On Jan 31, 2008
THERE SHALL BE WAILING IN ACCRA
THERE SHALL BE GNASHING OF TEETH
BROTHERES SHALL RISE AGAINST BROTHERS
AND THINGS SHALL FALL APART
AS THE CENTERE WILL NO LONGER HOLD
IT WILL BE GAME UPON GAME
SOCCER UPON SOCCER
PRESSURE UPON PRESSURE
ITS WILL BE EAGLES AGAINST THE  STARS
NERVES WILL BE BRUISED
TEMPERS WILL BE FLAYED
TALENTS WILL CLASH
BUT AT THE END, THE CLAWS OF THE EAGLES
WILL PULL THE STARS FROM THEIR ORBITS.
BY THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS
IT SHALL BE THE EAGLES PECKING  AT THE BITS
AND PIECES OF THE SHATTERED STARS.
TRULY THERE SHALL BE WAILING IN THE LAND OF KWAME

THE SHREDDING OF FORM BOOKS JUST BEGAN
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 11:58am On Jan 31, 2008
Obviously, I don't know what to say again. Let's put our for jaw wiat till the day comes
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by metro(m): 12:15pm On Jan 31, 2008
maybe bety shud watch from the bench how our coaches (Eguavoen and Kanu) talk to the boys and they on their part show determination and resilence against a Ghana side dou winning but not performing to well we may just take d day as for score line any tin can happen

the Ghana side i m watching d attacker are go shy too Gyan is palying in fron t of goal the mid fielders are doin is job so i think we are even hard work is wut we nid as a team (super Eagels)

pple wey put hand for jaw dem end no de too fine i beg let work hard dats it harder dan we av worked b4 ghana go fall yakata
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by salinco(m): 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2008
sabak:

THERE SHALL BE WAILING IN ACCRA
THERE SHALL BE GNASHING OF TEETH
BROTHERES SHALL RISE AGAINST BROTHERS
AND THINGS SHALL FALL APART
AS THE CENTERE WILL NO LONGER HOLD
IT WILL BE GAME UPON GAME
SOCCER UPON SOCCER
PRESSURE UPON PRESSURE
ITS WILL BE EAGLES AGAINST THE STARS
NERVES WILL BE BRUISED
TEMPERS WILL BE FLAYED
TALENTS WILL CLASH
BUT AT THE END, THE CLAWS OF THE EAGLES
WILL PULL THE STARS FROM THEIR ORBITS.
BY THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS
IT SHALL BE THE EAGLES PECKING AT THE BITS
AND PIECES OF THE SHATTERED STARS.
TRULY THERE SHALL BE WAILING IN THE LAND OF KWAME

THE SHREDDING OF FORM BOOKS JUST BEGAN
Good words.
Ghana is improving with every game, although they are not very good team. But with determination and Seriousness of the Super Eagle they shall survive.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by niyyie(m): 12:37pm On Jan 31, 2008
Going by the poor performance of the Super Eagles so far, I strongly doubt if they can beat the Black Stars of Ghana. sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 31, 2008
Ghana is a good team no doubt.
they'll be playing with lots of home support.
but also the Naija eagles are very unpredictable.
they might just come out that day playing their hearts out.
if only Mikel Obi can repeat his performance against Benin
we go tear Ghana pant
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by fatherab1: 12:50pm On Jan 31, 2008
Efua, are u a ghanian or nigerian? Why is ur email hidden? U requested for my ebook.
I still operate ab2k7@yahoo.com
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 12:53pm On Jan 31, 2008
cool
        smiley           wink         cheesy          grin

angry           sad         shocked          tongue

embarassed         undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by ratiken(m): 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2008
I sincerely hope Nigeria wins but I cant predict any scores yet.

I dont really have problems with the Super Eagles team because I know they will definitely improve on their game seeing what they went through to come this far.

But i have a big problem with Coach Goat (Vogts) cos he's damn dumb. Players do have their bad days but that is not enough for such to mess up the tempo of the entire game. If players had the right to substitute themselves during a game , then I might feel better.

The dumb old Gold-digger will only stare blindly from the bench without seeing that Yakubu musn't play the full 90mins if he must play at all. We will need a lot of tactics and a wonderful formation to push through Ghana. Osaze wudn't feature in the match so he needs to find a playmaker or use his wings tactfully.
Nsofor though not very fantastic is a good match for Painstil.
The game should be a good combination of seriousness and tacts.

Nigerian's success in Sunday's game will come from the bench. I hope Eguaveon takes the mantle and help push the eagles through.

Even if we get to the finals, Vogts should still go back to Germany from Ghana.

Go Eagles !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by nyabinghi(m): 1:23pm On Jan 31, 2008
Nigeria will lose to Ghana i am sincere about this. our Mid-field is so weak i don't see us offering any resistance. Ghana has got strong defenders and the only weak link is john pantsil, The pace of owusu abeye and laryea kingston will be too much for Nigeria. Ghana 3 Nigeria 1
Junior Agogo, gyan Asamoah and owusu abeye martins for Nigeria

Sent off: Taiye taiwo
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by toshmann(m): 1:38pm On Jan 31, 2008
folahann:

cool
ejide
smiley wink cheesy grin
eguavon yobo shittu taiye

angry sad shocked tongue
utaka obi nsofor odemwinge

embarassed undecided
slakubu martins

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by metro(m): 1:55pm On Jan 31, 2008
toshmann:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

toshyy i xpected a little more from wut is eguavoen's name doing dere na guy de try oo haba oti oo
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Gboy4ril1(m): 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2008
Hi,

This current super Eagles are pretender not contender going by there last recent
performance.

I suggest Vogts should pack his bag and live Nigeria, we have quality people that
can manage our football.

Dis, Vogts has destroy Nigerian football with his lack of technical experince.

What do you think.?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by darfur(m): 2:17pm On Jan 31, 2008
nigerian football is like every other thing nigerian . . . . nigerian health service, nigerian education, nigerian police(police criminals policei no sabi again grin grin grin), etc

the football side was already dead b4 berti vogts came so no blame the man for everything abeg.after all, na una go hire am. abi.

i'm all for home caoches. if we keep going for foreign coaches, then we should also go for foreign president, foreign senators, foreign governors, foreign voters and riggers etc.

if a local coach led the team into 2002 world cup,i.e we are one of the best 32 football teams in the world.then local coaches should be encouraged. after all with our local presidents and govs we have never been among the best I00 govts in the world. then we should hire blair or obama to lead our govt.

after all, must we win the African Cup?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by dokkyalhaj: 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2008
i still believe in this team and i know they can take us far, cos I don't see anything special from Ghanian squad. Nigera 2 Ghana 1 cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by ayobase(m): 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2008
indeed, there shall be battle.
two elephants wey dey fight
remember sey na the grass go suffer am.

one person must lose and remember sey
Ghana is the host
so,u could imagine if they
will play all their last strength!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Victor Anichebe Slams Those Who Always Go To Clubs And Events / Ahmed Musa Reacts After Being Named Nigerian 2018 Player Of The Year! (Photo) / Peter Crouch Retires At 38

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.