Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,660 members, 7,816,692 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? (25299 Views)

Poll: Super Eagles of Nigeria versus Black Stars of Ghana

Super Eagles of Nigeria: 74% (111 votes)
Black Stars of Ghana: 26% (39 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Razorr(f): 3:33pm On Feb 01, 2008
Boy O Boy!

I just love Nigerians. Always very optimistic.

Let's not get carried away people, by our miraculous qualification for the quarter finals. We owe our qualification to the Ivorians and that's the beginning and end of it.

I think some of us need to drown ourselves in a very cold shower to ease up on our high expectations in that match.

Nigeria would be defeated by Ghana. I've got no doubt about that. The reason is simple, the Ghanians came ready for this competition, we didn't.

The Ghanians have got a good team spirit, while the eagles are a bunch of seemingly unmotivated and uncommited lot.

The Ghanians have a skillful squad while we can't boast of a single skillful player in our ranks.

The Ghanians seem to get better with each passing game, while the eagles fluctuate in their performances, heck we even struggled to defeat a lowly ranked Benin side.

Funny thing is that a lot of people would be quick to toss the blame of our poor performance at our coaching crew, but I'd insist that what we lack is not good coaching, but good management. We blame Berti Vogts for spending 70% of his time in Germany instead of in the country of his employment, but we forget to blame those in our football management who fold their arms and let this happen.

I've got no illusions about defeating Ghana and I'd suggest we all follow suit in order to avoid heartbreaks.

If we do defeat them though, then Glory be to God.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Osibisa(m): 3:39pm On Feb 01, 2008
i have no doubt in our boys winning the black stars of ghana.its history if the host country loses.mind u there's enough tension in their camp as we are now addressing our flaws to be on the right direction.i predict 2-1 UP SUPER EAGLES
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by collinx(m): 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2008
Football is not won by the level of optimism and determination a team exhibits,but by the level of skills,teamwork,stamina,strategy and a liitle bit of luck. Does this eagles have any ? ur guess is as good as mine.
Welcome to the "super eaglets" on monday.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by adamugo(m): 5:58pm On Feb 01, 2008
The way i am looking at things is that if nigerians want a winning in that match,they should simply tell Berti Vogt to hands off the team and allow Egwavon to takes over the helms of affair because he did not know what he is doing.without that we are doomed against Ghana mark my words.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by daywalker7: 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2008
Since i waited for super niaja bodas at the mile 2 boarder after the last 2 games am sure the next fews days of waiting will not be wasted

Win Ghana ke ha!! with which legs?? must be a yoke!! not a joke for super watin!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by sley4life(m): 7:09pm On Feb 01, 2008
ne-yola:

@sley4life

First whats the meaning of your name?

no b u see drogba and kanoute agree say then go draw their match? what happened in then end, CIV won 3 nil

u claim you're in ghana (in drogba's hotel sef), i guess u must be in 1 cyber typin dust, i hope seun can confirm your ip address

How come u heard olofin and yakubu talkin about thesame match? where u also in thesame room with them

please may be i don't know, is CIV and nigeria in thesame hotel

if u gat nufn sensible to say. ABEG DEY BLOW WHISTLE JARE! tongue

Wetin de do u self. If not for my quick intervention they would have drawn the match. I sent the report to the NFA and they acted on it and informed CAF. U de kolo sef. If u no be tourist then go bush. Im in Ghana now as an observer and informat
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Truequest(m): 7:18pm On Feb 01, 2008
UP 9ja UP 9ja UP 9ja win win win win win is ours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by sley4life(m): 7:21pm On Feb 01, 2008
kaecy5:

i hope your not Jealous of them , because your sounding so.

what concerns the amount of money they have with the way they play, because almost all th eafrican players in the competition are playing in europe are equally well paid

@sley

i hope your authoritative negativeness does not affect u in life, because your so sure of negative results. -  too bad

watch ur mouth. I say the truth. I love my country but i dont like lies. U are full of lies because u know Ghana will beat us and u are thinkin vice versa. We shall loose because we lack preparation. Go and examine ur brain
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by TheSly: 7:24pm On Feb 01, 2008
lets just wait and see. . . . cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 9:41pm On Feb 02, 2008
Right now Ghana is reviving their memories by showing playback of the 4-1 they defeated us
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by toshmann(m): 9:52pm On Feb 02, 2008
e no go help them grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 10:04pm On Feb 02, 2008
I'm now happy that they won that game, it going to give them a fake impression of Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by AH2MUCH: 10:08pm On Feb 02, 2008
he looks like this in victory, i wonder what he will look like when we r tru with them

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by AH2MUCH: 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2008
may god help them
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 11:34pm On Feb 02, 2008
Making fun of Naija by Ghanains

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by benincitys(f): 4:43am On Feb 03, 2008
the Ghana's are very good i pray Nigeria's beat the :Py .
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by comechop(m): 7:57am On Feb 03, 2008
lol Ghanians are soo funny lol. Everything Nigerians do, they will try to copy. Everywhere they see Nigerians, they will follow lol. I mean nairaland is really a Naija website, but see them full here cos they be follow follow. And even the facegroup group about the match sef that is purely pro-Nigerian, they just full there dey talk talk lol, make una make una own na? Why una dey follow us.
And as a patriotic Nigeria, I believe Nigeria will win. With Gods SPECIAL grace lol.
Big up to all da Kofi's and Amankwa and Koffia's and Kissiehs o lol
I love this love/hate relationship.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by tommyex(m): 9:04am On Feb 03, 2008
Its Ghana vs Nigeria again,
the west african coastal derby(as i ll like to call it)
the oldest african rivalry,in the likes of Liverpool vs ManU,Real M vs Barca,Inter vs Milan
The stage is set for the kind of matches where The better team doesnt necessarily win,

form is thrown away
skill is thrown away,
power and the mind wins the game,
Who will smile at the end of the day?
Will the eagles dim the stars and cause a blackout ,
Will the stars shine down and send the eagles crashing down to earth,
Find out today.
6pm Nigeria time.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by SignorZax: 9:12am On Feb 03, 2008
We will win Ghana if and only if the Ref and CAF are on the neutral side.

Pray to God ye Nigerians that Issa Hayatou and his men don't play for Ghana.

U know host nations are always favoured to keep match attendance high.
Take a look at Egyptian games in the last nation's cup.[sup][/sup]did somebody say OJORO[sub][/sub]then, I'm on ya side.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by blueband(m): 10:24am On Feb 03, 2008
Ghana must GO!

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by Abdul2007(m): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2008
We Nigerians love dreaming,GhanaVs Nigeria is going to be 2-0 against Nigeria. We will be defeated by the Black Stars of Ghana. Pls NFA sack Berti Vogts he his only in Nigeria to make Money not to develop our Football. I am Ready to bet my N3,000 naira only Ghana,they are great.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by UFO1(m): 11:13am On Feb 03, 2008
Please check this out:
[center]Ghana legend Abedi Pele is adamant Ghana have enough in the tank to inflict defeat on the Super Eagles. In a recent interview the three time African footballer of the Year predicted: "We have the men who will stand up and be counted on the day - that's where we have the edge."[/center]
http://fifa.com/confederationcup/news/newsid=683214.html#old+enemies+clash+accra
Humble statement with confidence,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by UFO1(m): 11:20am On Feb 03, 2008
I love my DEAR country, but with their performance so far!
I'll only advise anyone not to expect much from the match undecided
if we win -fine,if not, still kind of fine cool
because we can reap what we haven't laboured to sowed.
Good luck !
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by tommyex(m): 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2008
nicely said UFO
i plan 2 watch the match not expecting much but i know when the match starts i wont be able 2 control the 'rush of blood to d head'.
I wish us luck and i know we can do it!esp if Kanu plays
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by kiyosaki1(m): 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2008
angry angryIt seems you people are not student of history,if not so how imagine on earth will someone imagine that nigeria will drop at these stage of the competition  :oand to quote my famouse coach when Nigeria host the under 21 youth world cup "we will fumble and womble and win the cup".I forseen Nigeria beaten Ghana by 3 goals to 0.Even if our team is not so fantastic we will still wombled to the semi-final and then come home with our normal bronze,check history mon.Cheers super foal for liff he hee grin heee grin heeee heeee lets catch some fun does foals are the most unserious element i've ever seen,wait i'm getting kolo i'm dahing out before those foals turn me mad cry cry cry. [i][/i][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by coolkaboom(m): 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2008
i am just as patriotic as any of u guys, but i'm afraid i wont be able to stake my neck on d line and say with all certainty that we'll beat ghana because our recent form has been useless and i have no faith in berti-vogts led bench.he has consistently shown an unrivalled ineptness at comin to terms with te african game.this is 1 scenario when all 150 million naija r prayin that d better team (ghana) looses.amen

if d gods smile on us, we may smile at d end of d day.thats d only thing we can count on. football at this stage is won on the bench at we've already lost that battle-of-wits.Edumare, bless us with this victory o, but, we understand if it doesnt happen.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by faketan(m): 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2008
Miracles do happen!

Expect Nigeria to beat Ghana today at your own peril.

There could be an upset but the last thing I will do is to stake a worn out coin for Nigeria to beat Ghana.

If they pull the stunt, thank God but,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by folahann(m): 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2008
To me, I believe Nigeria will beat Ghana today looking at different circumstances but I can place a bet on it
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by TheSly: 2:45pm On Feb 03, 2008
bad belle people dem angry angry angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by anusule(m): 3:10pm On Feb 03, 2008
lets wait and watch. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by seeker666: 3:19pm On Feb 03, 2008
one migth look at the ghannain's squard and think they are better off. but the battle isn't determined by the strength of one's army but by the stratagies the general empoly cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana: Can We Beat The Host Country? by KollyJay(m): 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2008
Omo,  wait and see, u know wot? the score line is 2-0. Ghana must surely go, big time. LOL, Up naija.  smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Ryan Shawcross Suffered Ankle Break In Match Against Leicester (Photos) / Tyronne Ebuehi Biography, Age & Lifestyle / AFCON Qualifier: Rwanda Vs Super Eagles (0 - 0) On February 29th 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.