Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,637 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? (7689 Views)

Guy proposes to his woman in a Lagos church with slides and poem (photos) / Guy Proposes To His Woman With The Help Of Patoranking, Davido And Phyno(photo) / Election Couple: See The Man That Proposed To His Woman At A Polling Unit Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Ivynwa(f): 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
I am opening this thread to see the view of others over the issue of a man wanting to force out his woman or wife's e-mail/websites/forum/phone etc passwords from her [size=14pt]just to snoop on her and check whether she is being faithful or just to test whether she will agree to give it or not which to him shows her level of faithfulness.[/size] I was in a thread where a man was telling others how he tried to collect his woman's password from her and she refused and threatened to leave him. I couldn't believe my ears seeing posts of men supporting that she either gives him her password or she is being unfaithful for not giving and a woman saying something like "he is only a boyfriend & not even a husband yet, that she will only give her husband her password if he asks etc".

In my book no decent man questions a woman for her password just to confirm her faithfullness? No right thinking woman with her dignity intact gives her password to an imposing man that tries to subdue and snoop on her.[size=14pt] Exchange of password should be done willfully if the couple/persons are in agreement to say use their mail boxes together or send messages or posts for one another. I mean it has to be a willing thing two mature/loving persons are doing for themselves for some good reasons not for one to use it to keep a tab on the other or to be sure he/she is faithful.[/size]

It is a beautiful thing for a man and woman to have such understanding that they are very comfortable with each other enough to be logging in and out of each other's favorite websites with the password of the other as they like. When it gets to trying to subdue and dominate over a woman by forcing out her password from her, that is way out of decency-----that is barbaric. Is it not like hanging a snooping device on a woman which monitors her wherever she goes? What kind of man treats a woman like that if not an insecure man? The kind of man that maltreats a woman? I was surprised by some responses in that thread so much that I decided to open this thread to see the views of others as I am wondering whether I am the only one that sees something wrong with a man trying to force out his woman's pasword from her just for snooping sake.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Rocktation(f): 6:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
Trust my Ivy to ask a question and give an answer immediately. smiley

Of cos, trust is the cornerstone of all relationships, so when I share my password with you, I do so only because I trust that you respect me enough to never use it. The notion that we could be so open with our partners as to not care if he or she knew who else we were communicating with, and how, is ideal. But on the other hand, it’s a little weird, in that everyone should be entitled to a reasonable degree of privacy....even though they're married. I would not always fancy the mediation of a partner, when I'm texting a male buddy, as misunderstanding could set in.

It all boils down to the line drawn by an individual between cheating and privacy anyway. Some can say cheating begins where she texts a man, even if her action has no romantic attachment whatsoever. While others would consider it to be cheating, if there's romantic attachment, but she still does not follow up in real life.
Everything just depends on the kind of person you're with. Just choose your partner right, is all.

And while you may think all women would be against this, you'd be surprised that a few would come here and disagree totally...."individuality" indeed. smiley

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
I would be turned off by a man asking for my password just to test my faithfulness. Huh, what? Psssh.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by fairygeh(f): 6:40pm On Nov 06, 2012
Asking for p/w just to test if it would be given or not or to find out one's sincerity or faithfulness is outright bull shit.totally against it but if its a mutual consent between both parties,then fine.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by JallowBah(f): 6:43pm On Nov 06, 2012
If you have any reason to belive your spouse is cheating ( he/she have done it before, fex ), then yes.
But just because you feel like it..? Nah.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by KINGwax(m): 6:46pm On Nov 06, 2012
Do u have anythin to hide? Think abt it. It's as simple as dt. Knock yourself out, i'm clean!
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by AB10(m): 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2012
Fakebook blues!!
Getting your partner's password is not so difficult if you have to.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Ivynwa(f): 12:35am On Nov 07, 2012
Rocktation: Trust my Ivy to ask a question and give an answer immediately. smiley

Of cos, trust is the cornerstone of all relationships, so when I share my password with you, I do so only because I trust that you respect me enough to never use it. The notion that we could be so open with our partners as to not care if he or she knew who else we were communicating with, and how, is ideal. But on the other hand, it’s a little weird, in that everyone should be entitled to a reasonable degree of privacy....even though they're married. I would not always fancy the mediation of a partner, when I'm texting a male buddy, as misunderstanding could set in.

It all boils down to the line drawn by an individual between cheating and privacy anyway. Some can say cheating begins where she texts a man, even if her action has no romantic attachment whatsoever. While others would consider it to be cheating, if there's romantic attachment, but she still does not follow up in real life.
Everything just depends on the kind of person you're with. Just choose your partner right, is all.

And while you may think all women would be against this, you'd be surprised that a few would come here and disagree totally...."individuality" indeed. smiley

No Babes I wasn't answering the question, I asked for people's opinion and stated my opinion for a start.

Indeed I actually saw posts by women saying that when her husband demands for such that she will give. I am not against giving in good faith and for good reasons----what is disgusting about it is that the poster in the thread I was referring to (here's the link)https://www.nairaland.com/1094289/separated-facebook-password said that his aim of asking is to determine her faithfulness. I couldn't believe my ears that some men were saying that his woman has to give him the password and that her refusal to give shows her unfaithfulness, some women on the other hand were saying that only a husband has a right to demand for that. Demand what? What right?

They mean that if their man walks up to them and says ("Sweetie, you are always on this facebook and I don't like that------give me your password, I need to know the things that you do in that website" ) that they will give him the password----that is humiliation, an affront on their dignity. I don't even have enough words to describe that but I know that nobody will treat me like that sha.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Ivynwa(f): 12:37am On Nov 07, 2012
JallowBah: If you have any reason to belive your spouse is cheating ( he/she have done it before, fex ), then yes.
But just because you feel like it..? Nah.

@Jallow

It doesn't sound right to me for a man or a woman to "demand for their spouse's password" in order to use it to confirm their faithfulness. Isn't that an invasion of privacy and space of another? It is even more than that----think about it.

How are you doing girl?
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by 190theclown: 12:43am On Nov 07, 2012
If shes NIGERIAN then its HIGHLY Recommended

Infact there should be a new LAW passed into existence

all NIGERIAN FEMALES submit your facebook,2go,badoo,instalgram,blackberry fone and ATM Passwords to your boyfriends/husbands

failure to do that would result in 12 years imprisonment with SOFT LABOUR undecided

Infact i pray they make me the president of NIGERIA someday

That would be the first economic law i would pass into existence

Yo'all can thank me later angry angry

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by JallowBah(f): 12:50am On Nov 07, 2012
Ivynwa:

@Jallow

It doesn't sound right to me for a man or a woman to "demand for their spouse's password" in order to use it to confirm their faithfulness. Isn't that an invasion of privacy and space of another? It is even more than that----think about it.

How are you doing girl?

If my husband cheated on me, and wanted me to REGAIN the trust he effed up..well, that would be the least he could do.

I am good girl, and you?smiley
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Jambsupport(f): 8:50am On Nov 07, 2012
Dia r many ways 2cheat wit or witout d fb password. if trust is lost, all is gone.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Mynd44: 8:57am On Nov 07, 2012
The day I have to demand for my partner's passwords to check if she is faithfully or not is the day I leave her.

The cornerstone of any relarionship is trust. If you don't trust your partner, why be with the person?
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Kslib(m): 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
The woman should also request for the password to access his brain,to know the reason why he married her.. It clearly means the man does not trust her..
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by freecocoa(f): 12:12pm On Nov 07, 2012
I won't give him my password if he asking to test my faithfulness
Imshort he knows better than to say something
like that sef.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Redmosquito(m): 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2012
Minion: Ur Evilness! Do you trust your Queen?
Hades: TRUST! She's a Woman for Zues' sake!
Minion: So?
Hades: Look here boy! 90 percent of my subjects are here because of a woman. Adam trusted a woman, Samson trusted a woman even I trusted a woman. I trusted her only for one night, ONE NIGHT!, and do u know wat happened?
Minion: What? My Lord!
Hades: I woke up in the underworld angry. That's what happened
Minion: ooh! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by eikeem(m): 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
You can't enforce trust, and it's really childish to think that having access to your partner's password(s) by force will ease your insecurity.
Trust, like respect, should be mutual. If you don't trust him/her enough to be with him/her, walk away. No be by force.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by ngmart(m): 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Impressive
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
See wetin this ladies they yearn. You would be the first to give it to your bf or husband once he asks. You guys are now forming some crap here. Keep deceiving yourself.
Personally, I have a babae or wife, im bored at work and just wanna get excited with the guys asking her out. I called her up and ask for her password and she declined not cos I wanted to test her, THAT IS CRAP MY DEAR.
CRAP, DISRESPECT, HYPOCRISY, DECEPTION, "NON-LOVE", DAMN! Thats what it is if you dont know.
It shouldnt come up as debate atall. It is a normal thing except otherwise determined by individual principles and experience with such.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Ivynwa(f): 12:48pm On Nov 07, 2012
T_Bademosi: See wetin this ladies they yearn. You would be the first to give it to your bf or husband once he asks. You guys are now forming some crap here. Keep deceiving yourself.
Personally, I have a babae or wife, im bored at work and just wanna get excited with the guys asking her out. I called her up and ask for her password and she declined not cos I wanted to test her, THAT IS CRAP MY DEAR.
CRAP, DISRESPECT, HYPOCRISY, DECEPTION, "NON-LOVE", DAMN! Thats what it is if you dont know.
It shouldnt come up as debate atall. It is a normal thing except otherwise determined by individual principles and experience with such.

You wanna get excited with the guys that ask her out on facebook? Really? You 've got joke cause you also want access to rummage through her facebook account. Why don't you get inside her body too and rummage through her intestines to know everything. My friend there is something called space and decency and when you force out such things from another you are crossing borders.

The one point I am trying to make with this post is that there is a limit to the subjugation of women. High time some of us knew that so that we can have less abuse and violence in homes. One love!
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by kasheemawo(m): 1:06pm On Nov 07, 2012
I do login to my girlfriend's 2go and Facebook whenever i want to catch some fun and if she ask for my own i can gift it to her.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2012
Ivynwa:

You wanna get excited with the guys that ask her out on facebook? Really? You 've got joke cause you also want access to rummage through her facebook account. Why don't you get inside her body too and rummage through her intestines to know everything. My friend there is something called space and decency and when you force out such things from another you are crossing borders.

The one point I am trying to make with this post is that there is a limit to the subjugation of women. High time some of us knew that so that we can have less abuse and violence in homes. One love!

Sis, good for you. Well, I knew my babies pass but have forgotten currently. She never asked for mine but she gave me to upgrade some things for her.
She has pass on her phone but I dont have, I picked up her phone one day and she just gave me her pass with ease and she would have given me immediately if I asked too.

I understand your view, but in reality not in our minds o, I feel it doesnt really work but then anything that suites individual sha.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by mikeokiro: 1:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
@ ivynwa ,i am very sure u are not yet married, because if u do you would hv known that it is only unfaithful women that would hide away from giving their password straight away, and if you are married then ur husband most be those stupid and useless thing that call themself husband and i promise you that ur marriage would never last long, if you believe that 1 + 1 = 1 in marriage, then you should know that ur password is as well his and he should have full access to all u had including the password of all ur accounts, email and telephone. because i see no reason why a man should not hv the password of his wife or girl friend, unless the man is not serious with the girl or he is MAKE I COLLECT MY OWN SHARE type of man and wouldnt mind if the girl date 1000 men at the same time as long as she is giving whenever needed till he is tired of her, It is only fools that could trust a woman 100 % , we all know what these daughters of eve are.

@ jallow and ivynwa - Isn't that an invasion of privacy and space of another? their is nothing like privacy in marriage, put it in ur forehead, you and ur man are one, so no need to hide anything from him, he should know everything about u, if you feel you cant give, then the door is open for you to disappear.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by mikeokiro: 1:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
Re: They Are About To Be Separated By Facebook Password. by Okontami: 5:14pm On Nov 05
Oga, what do you mean by privacy if there is true love. Are you faithful to her. If you guys cant share your passwords it means there is skeleton in your cupboards. I disagree with this privacy none*sense. My wife have my passwords to my social media accounts and also my bank details. What are you hiding should be the question. You say if you have trust issues, walk away...Well that is dumb. Trust is earned , trust is not bestowed on someone. Let us use our brain and be realistic and not get dragged into the vocabulary of people trying to be defensive.

@ Okontami , may God bless you for saying this, i couldnt hv said better, you are a real man . one luv

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by timilehing(m): 1:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
must u ask 4 she give it?? if she didn't give it voluntarily then she's hiding sutin

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Ivynwa(f): 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2012
T_Bademosi:

Sis, good for you. Well, I knew my babies pass but have forgotten currently. She never asked for mine but she gave me to upgrade some things for her.
She has pass on her phone but I dont have, I picked up her phone one day and she just gave me her pass with ease and she would have given me immediately if I asked too.

I understand your view, but in reality not in our minds o, I feel it doesnt really work but then anything that suites individual sha.

Regards.

@Bademosi
&
@Mike Okiro

If you read my first post well, I wrote that I have nothing against such exchange of passwords for good reasons between two persons that love themselves and are doing stuffs online together. What we are talking about here is a man who arose to accost his woman demanding for her password so that he can be monitoring stuff she does and who she talks to. How does that sound to you? I'm sure that doesn't sound good to the ear.

This thread as you can see emanated from another thread where a man was saying that his woman threatened to dump him because he was demanding for her password to test her faithfulness https://www.nairaland.com/1094289/separated-facebook-password. It shouldn't be demanded like that, if it has to be shared it should be a mutual thing mature adults are doing for themselves for a purpose not for a man to subjugate a woman with.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Ivynwa(f): 2:10pm On Nov 07, 2012
mike.okiro:
@ ivynwa ,-------------------if you believe that 1 + 1 = 1 in marriage, then you should know that ur password is as well his and he should have full access to all u had including the password of all ur accounts, email and telephone. because i see no reason why a man should not hv the password of his wife or girl friend, unless the man is not serious with the girl or he is MAKE I COLLECT MY OWN SHARE type of man and wouldnt mind if the girl date 1000 men at the same time as long as she is giving whenever needed till he is tired of her, [size=14pt]It is only fools that could trust a woman 100 % , we all know what these daughters of eve are.[/size]

@ jallow and ivynwa - Isn't that an invasion of privacy and space of another? their is nothing like privacy in marriage, put it in ur forehead, you and ur man are one, so no need to hide anything from him, he should know everything about u, if you feel you cant give, then the door is open for you to disappear.

Did you really say all o' that. Your post actually showcased what manner of a man you are. You spoke for yourself sir.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by JallowBah(f): 2:10pm On Nov 07, 2012
mike.okiro:

What..?
My husband have my password, but he don`t go in and read conversations between me and my friends. I have told him that sometimes my friends tells me things in privacy, and he respects that. If I cheated, though, I would have let him read everything, just to calm his mind down, and to show I had told him everything.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by mikeokiro: 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2012
Ivynwa:

@Bademosi
&
@Mike Okiro

If you read my first post well, I wrote that I have nothing against such exchange of passwords for good reasons between two persons that love themselves and are doing stuffs online together. What we are talking about here is a man who arose to accost his woman demanding for her password so that he can be monitoring stuff she does and who she talks to. How does that sound to you? I'm sure that doesn't sound good to the ear.

This thread as you can see emanated from another thread where a man was saying that his woman threatened to dump him because he was demanding for her password to test her faithfulness https://www.nairaland.com/1094289/separated-facebook-password. It shouldn't be demanded like that, if it has to be shared it should be a mutual thing mature adults are doing for themselves for a purpose not for a man to subjugate a woman with.

@ ivynwa, my sister, married or not, if you are in any serious relationship your partner ought to have access to ur accounts, asking it politely or forcefully all depends but take it or u leave it once you say no even if u give it later on , next day or next hour it is still suspicious and the damage must have been done because the man can never trust you again, are you telling me if u are a man you would go ahead and marry a girl you asked her password and she declined or later gave it to you after deleting or possibly opening new one to fool you with ? we are not fools

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by mikeokiro: 2:35pm On Nov 07, 2012
JallowBah:

What..?
My husband have my password, but he don`t go in and read conversations between me and my friends. I have told him that sometimes my friends tells me things in privacy, and he respects that. If I cheated, though, I would have let him read everything, just to calm his mind down, and to show I had told him everything.

you cant say whether he reads it or not, but i am very sure he would be going through them without ur knowledge but could be silent since their was nothing there to worry about

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Your Fiance Is From IMO State (photo) / Spanishfly. Any Idea? / Ladies, See Checkout Foods That Will Make Your Butt Grow Bigger Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.