Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? (7699 Views)

Guy proposes to his woman in a Lagos church with slides and poem (photos) / Guy Proposes To His Woman With The Help Of Patoranking, Davido And Phyno(photo) / Election Couple: See The Man That Proposed To His Woman At A Polling Unit Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by PapaBrowne(m): 2:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
Ivynwa:

@Jallow

It doesn't sound right to me for a man or a woman to "demand for their spouse's password" in order to use it to confirm their faithfulness. Isn't that an invasion of privacy and space of another? It is even more than that----think about it.

How are you doing girl?

Invasion of privacy?? Hehe... inside a relationship where private parts have been thoroughly invaded? I don't understand. Help me explain.

My opinion:
The truth is if two people trust themselves well enough, passwords would not be a problem. From experience, I leave my phone in the public domain only when I have nothing to hide. When I have something hideous, it stays in my pocket and I sleep with it like that.
When it is really really hideous I change the password temporarily. Recently changed the password on my Galaxy and forgot what I used. Till today, that phone is off waiting till the day I'll remember the password.

Interestingly, none of my actions were related with unfaithfulness. There are many reasons besides unfaithfulness that make people protect their passwords from each other. For me, it is the fact that the other party might not have the capacity at the time to handle the information contained.

For the sake of maintaining trust,passwords should be shared voluntarily. If you cant share you password with someone you love, its because you've got something to hide or you are just a hideous character.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by tai2(m): 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2012
Password is necessary o. See the nonsense happening between Ruke Amata and his wife. He thought he was in a marriage she was busy marketing herself to Governors. Now I understand Frank Edoho's problem.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by shizzle11(m): 2:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
mike.okiro:

@ ivynwa, my sister, married or not, if you are in any serious relationship your partner ought to have access to ur accounts, asking it politely or forcefully all depends but take it or u leave it once you say no even if u give it later on , next day or next hour it is still suspicious and the damage must have been done because the man can never trust you again, are you telling me if u are a man you would go ahead and marry a girl you asked her password and she declined or later gave it to you after deleting or possibly opening new one to fool you with ? we are not fools

I strongly disagree with Ɣ☺ΰ. Why would a man request for †ђξ password? It is very wrong, if she gives him her password, it is her prerogative and should be done willingly or at best mutually but certainly not forcefully. I'm a man but won't request for her password for whatever reason.

Notwithstanding that we're couples, I still believe both parties should enjoy some privacy. Afterall †ђξ suspicion could just be as baseless and unfounded. I will not subscribe to such childish demands.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Ivynwa(f): 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
mike.okiro:

@ ivynwa, my sister, married or not, if you are in any serious relationship your partner ought to have access to ur accounts, asking it politely or forcefully all depends but take it or u leave it once you say no even if u give it later on , next day or next hour it is still suspicious and the damage must have been done because the man can never trust you again, are you telling me if u are a man you would go ahead and marry a girl you asked her password and she declined or later gave it to you after deleting or possibly opening new one to fool you with ? we are not fools

Sorry Sir, as you can see we are on two different tangents of mentality.
There's no big deal if a man decides not to marry a woman because she refused to present her password on order. As you can see in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1094289/separated-facebook-password it is the woman that even wants to leave the man. We women have got our dignity and you don't have to keep getting on about "A man not marrying a woman because she refused to dance to his tunes and orders" as if women are puppets without brain, there are times we women refuse to marry men if our whole heart do not accept such. We have ability to make choices and choose too, not all women are desperate so there's really no need for anybody to have that your "man and mighty" and "she-must-do-all-that-i-say-even-if-wrong" mentality. Thank you Sir.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by JallowBah(f): 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
mike.okiro:

you cant say whether he reads it or not, but i am very sure he would be going through them without ur knowledge but could be silent since their was nothing there to worry about

Perhaps, but then again, I don`t have a problem with it. If my closest friends tells me something NO-ONE can know about, I would delete the conversation after, or tell them it would be better to do it face to face.

My husband does the same with me. He asks me to check his facebook for him (...he is in there maybe 1time every month, I am there on a daily basis ), and tells me to see who wrote him, and what they are saying, if he get a text and is not right next to the phone.
For us, that works good.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by mikeokiro: 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2012
Ivynwa:

Did you really say all o' that. Your post actually showcased what manner of a man you are. You spoke for yourself sir.

if we have 1000 men in this forum 99 and half supports my view, the 1/2 % are the ones i called half men, those are the type of men ppl like you can date or get married to, so you go and put urself together unless you want to be single all ur life.

let me give you wat my fellow real men are thinking of you view, then you can see for yourself

I respectfully disagree. A husband and wife who cannot share something as simple as a social network password, obviously have deeper issues. This same line of thought can be used to say that neither should have access to each other's bank accounts, knowledge of friends, or place of employment. It is one thing for a boyfriend to ask, but for a spouse there should be no hesitancy unless you have something to hide. I'm sorry if you think this is domineering; but it is simply two becoming one in marriage.

(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like)

Invasion of privacy? That's B.S. Like they say" an innocent mind fears no accusation. By virtue of common understanding, only someone who has so much secrets to hide will decline in giving you his/her password. I agree with you that's it's her privacy and she is not under onus to give him the password but some things are just better done to create trust. Trust is earned and not just giving out like a recharge card. How did you think the guy will feel when he asked for the password and she declined? I once asked for my girlfriend's password, she complied. Then I just knew she was faithful, I didn't bother logging in. If you claim you're not cheating or unfaithful, then why are you hiding your password? Or shoudn't there be some measure of checks and balances in a relationship

What are you concealing? So the so-called husband has to trust you blindly before getting married to you abi? You hide your passwords and expects his doubts to be cleared so as to propose to you? Na Naija u dey, so wake up. Like I said supra, there should be an element of checks and balances, this person you're refusing your password may have intentions of getting married to you. If you aver that there are no skeletons in your closet, why don't you open it?

you see cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Ivynwa(f): 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2012
PapaBrowne:

Invasion of privacy?? Hehe... inside a relationship where private parts have been thoroughly invaded? I don't understand. Help me explain.

My opinion:
The truth is if two people trust themselves well enough, passwords would not be a problem. From experience, I leave my phone in the public domain only when I have nothing to hide. When I have something hideous, it stays in my pocket and I sleep with it like that.
When it is really really hideous I change the password temporarily. Recently changed the password on my Galaxy and forgot what I used. Till today, that phone is off waiting till the day I'll remember the password.

Interestingly, none of my actions were related with unfaithfulness. There are many reasons besides unfaithfulness that make people protect their passwords from each other. For me, it is the fact that the other party might not have the capacity at the time to handle the information contained.

For the sake of maintaining trust,passwords should be shared voluntarily. If you cant share you password with someone you love, its because you've got something to hide or you are just a hideous character.

It's good you understand the topic of discussion very well.
We are not talking about loving couples doing their thing together exchanging password, sending message for each other like JallowBah mentioned in her post below etc. There is nothing wrong with that, I agree that such exchanges should be mutual and not forced out from a spouse.

We are talking about a man ordering a woman to produce password so he can keep checks on her

JallowBah:
My husband does the same with me. He asks me to check his facebook for him (...he is in there maybe 1time every month, I am there on a daily basis ), and tells me to see who wrote him, and what they are saying, if he get a text and is not right next to the phone.
For us, that works good.

shizzle11:
I strongly disagree with Ɣ☺ΰ. Why would a man request for †ђξ password? It is very wrong, if she gives him her password, it is her prerogative and should be done willingly or at best mutually but certainly not forcefully. I'm a man but won't request for her password for whatever reason.

Notwithstanding that we're couples, I still believe both parties should enjoy some privacy. Afterall †ђξ suspicion could just be as baseless and unfounded. I will not subscribe to such childish demands.

@Shizzle

Ivynwa fans herself
It's refreshing to hear from men like you that still remembers that their woman has her self worth/dignity and respects that.

The Mike Okiro man here keeps showing what stuff he is made of here. His words keeps describing who he is and he doesn't even realize what he is painting himself out as grin
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by mikeokiro: 2:58pm On Nov 07, 2012
Ivynwa: Sorry Sir, as you can see we are on two different tangents of mentality.

Sorry Sir, as you can see we are on two different tangents of mentality.
There's no big deal if a man decides not to marry a woman because she refused to present her password on order. As you can see in this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1094289/separated-facebook-password it is the woman that even wants to leave the man. We women have got our dignity and you don't have to keep getting on about "A man not marrying a woman because she refused to dance to his tunes and orders" as if women are puppets without brain, there are times we women refuse to marry men if our whole heart do not accept such. We have ability to make choices and choose too, not all women are desperate so there's really no need for anybody to have that your "man and mighty" and "she-must-do-all-that-i-say-even-if-wrong" mentality. Thank you Sir.

this is a mans world, whether you accept it or leave it, the woman wants to leave the guy because she found out that the guy now knows her little secrets and they are about to be exposed, your dignity as a woman is under a man, take it or u leave it, this is naija.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Ivynwa(f): 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2012
mike.okiro:

this is a mans world, whether you accept it or leave it, the woman wants to leave the guy because she found out that the guy now knows her little secrets and they are about to be exposed,[size=14pt] your dignity as a woman is under a man,[/size] take it or u leave it, this is naija.

It is the world where good men knows the worth of their women and respects that, not the world of men that matches upon the self worth and dignity of their woman. I know what submission is all about and submits when it is right and proper, I know what it means to respect a man and not to be disrespected by a man.

No Baby! the dignity of a woman is not under a man. It is in the heart of a good man who knows the worth of his woman and protects, respects, loves her right and crowns her with her beautiful dignity. The dignity of a woman is not underneath the feet of a man like you that thinks that a woman should be psychologically chained, subdued and denigrated.

mike.okiro:

[size=14pt]You hide your passwords and expects his doubts to be cleared so as to propose to you? Na Naija u dey, so wake up. Like I said supra, there should be an element of checks and balances, this person you're refusing your password may have intentions of getting married to you.[/size] If you aver that there are no skeletons in your closet, why don't you open it?

you see cheesy

WTFr*ak! Have a nice day Mister. I can't relate with you with that your mgbeke/unrefined/Caveman level of mentality. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by plaetton: 3:40pm On Nov 07, 2012
Ivynwa:

It's good you understand the topic of discussion very well.
We are not talking about loving couples doing their thing together exchanging password, sending message for each other like JallowBah mentioned in her post below etc. There is nothing wrong with that, I agree that such exchanges should be mutual and not forced out from a spouse.

We are talking about a man ordering a woman to produce password so he can keep checks on her

@Shizzle

Ivynwa fans herself
It's refreshing to hear from men like you that still remembers that their woman has her self worth/dignity and respects that.

The Mike Okiro man here keeps showing what stuff he is made of here. His words keeps describing who he is and he doesn't even realize what he is painting himself out as grin

Sometimes when I read stuff like this, It makes me wonder whether people like you are living in a real world or in a hollywood fantasy romance movie.
Men usually ask for passwords before they demand it.

Depending on the the type and strength of a relationship, the thoughts of unfaithfulness may never cross the minds of either partner.

However,we have to agree that internet and mobile communications has, today, encouraged and made it very very easy, convenient and safe to flirt, explore and keep two or multiple partners.

Irrespective of how much trust exists in the relationship, it makes simple sense that both partners are current as to what the other is doing on social networking sites by keeping tabs.

Asking a spouse or partner for a password, in my mind should never lead the other partner to invoke the " everyone should have their privacy" clause. lol
Once that privacy clause is invoked in a relationship, I can guarantee, that aside from showing that he or she is hiding something, that relationship will enter a new phase. A new phase of suspicion and mutual distrust.

Besides, once you deny your partner access to your password,do you honestly think he will relent or back off? No way. You would have just handed him a project which he would not abandon until his curiosity is fully satisfied.

If you have something to hide, then keep hiding it, but if you have nothing hide,do not stir the hornet's nest by refusing access to your password.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by mikeokiro: 3:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
tai2: Password is necessary o. See the nonsense happening between Ruke Amata and his wife. He thought he was in a marriage she was busy marketing herself to Governors. Now I understand Frank Edoho's problem.

hahaha, you see , it is only fools that can trust a woman 100%
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Reptyle(m): 3:46pm On Nov 07, 2012
nothing wrong with asking for her password...as long as he is also will to reveal his own to her smiley
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Ivynwa(f): 3:52pm On Nov 07, 2012
plaetton:

Sometimes when I read stuff like this, It makes me wonder whether people like you are living in a real world or in a hollywood fantasy romance movie.

Depending on the the type and strength of a relationship, the thoughts of unfaithfulness may never cross the minds of either partner.

However,we have to agree that internet and mobile communications has, today, encouraged and made it very very easy, convenient and safe to flirt, explore and keep two or multiple partners.

Irrespective of how much trust exists in the relationship, it makes simple sense that both partners are current as to what the other is doing on social networking sites by keeping tabs.

Asking a spouse or partner for a password, in my mind should never lead the other partner to invoke the " everyone should have their privacy" clause. lol
Once that privacy clause is invoked in a relationship, I can guarantee, that aside from showing that he or she is hiding something, that relationship will enter a new phase. A new phase of suspicion and mutual distrust.

Besides, once you deny your partner access to your password,do you honestly think he will relent or back off? No way. You would have just handed him a project which he would not abandon until his curiosity is fully satisfied.

If you have something to hide, then keep hiding it, but if you have nothing hide,do not stir the hornet's nest by refusing access to your password.

I only pity women that gets treated like you and Okiro think. I still can't believe that some women are subjected to these level of treatment.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by mikeokiro: 4:11pm On Nov 07, 2012
plaetton:

@ platton . thank you for telling them, please tell them ooo, i told them 99% of men are having the same view on this, but this ivynwa dont want to hear, let her deny her husband her password let me see if that marriage would not in a matter of months be declared dead.

you can hang-on on your right to have your privacy but not here in naija in a mans house as a wife , haba!

once the man says password please and you say no sir, even if the next day or next hour you hand him over the password, the damage has been done because he knew you must have deleted or opened new account just to fool him, take it or leave it he would never trust you again and ur marriage would then be heading to the rock.

hahaha, ah dey laugh, she even call me mgbeke chai !, because i talk wetin dey for book and wetin all my fellow dey hail me for, igbo Ndi nwe'm unu anu bekwe !
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Anvaller: 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2012
As far as I'm concerned, the question of asking for password shouldn't even arise in the 1st place. Why would I not know my wive's password and why wouldn't she know mine? If you and ur wife or partner are having good and reasonable relationship, ur wife should send emails on ur behalf and pick ur calls when u are not available and vice versa. Anything short of that is for me very abnormal and that means both of u are preparing ground for possibility of having to hide something for each other and no absolute trust. The only thing that may get me angry is if I observed that my wife seem to want to look at my mail or my phone more often than necessary, this will of course create a feeling that she is trying to monitor my interaction with 3rd parties. This can make me go mad cos I won't do that to her.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by shizzle11(m): 4:25pm On Nov 07, 2012
Thanks Ivynwa!

Some men just like to be too domineering. Funniest thing is such men wouldn't like their partners have access to their own account/password. I don't share in their subjectivity.

A girl will cheat if she wants to with or without social media. Some have it like an inbuilt talent, fine, social networking will increase †ђξ chances, but a cheat will always be a cheat.

Scooping on her won't help. There are smart girl out there, what if she has multiple accounts?.prolly a surveillance camera will be placed on her to video her wherever she goes.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 07, 2012
If your don't have his,he has no right over yours.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Ivynwa(f): 9:35pm On Nov 07, 2012
mike.okiro:

@ platton . -----hahaha, ah dey laugh, she even call me mgbeke chai !, because i talk wetin dey for book and wetin all my fellow dey hail me for, igbo Ndi nwe'm unu anu bekwe !

Yes youR view of that is so Mgbekeic and like the actor Mike Ori ihe dimma use to call his wife in the movies "Mgbii-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o". Hahaha! grin grin

shizzle11:
Thanks Ivynwa!

Some men just like to be too domineering. Funniest thing is such men wouldn't like their partners have access to their own account/password. I don't share in their subjectivity.

A girl will cheat if she wants to with or without social media. Some have it like an inbuilt talent, fine, social networking will increase †ђξ chances, but a cheat will always be a cheat.

Scooping on her won't help. There are smart girl out there, what if she has multiple accounts?.[size=14pt]prolly a surveillance camera will be placed on her to video her wherever she goes.[/size]

Hear what your fellow man is telling you, some good hearted men don't have your domineering notions. You can still respect your woman and still gets treated in high esteem like her man. You don't have to get aggressive and domineering to take your position as a man.

Yeah Shizzle, I told one of them in another thread that it's like putting a snooping device on a woman while she walks about. They can as well get into her stomach and look through her intestines to be monitoring and dominating over her. grin
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by plaetton: 9:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
dp
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by plaetton: 9:43pm On Nov 07, 2012
Ivynwa:

I only pity women that gets treated like you and Okiro think. I still can't believe that some women are subjected to these level of treatment.

What treatment are you referring to?
I have seen this exact scenario break up a marriage, and indeed,in that very case, someone certainly had something to hide in their smartphone.

Maybe I am too old fashioned, but certainly not chauvanistic.

The problems with women like you is that you suffer from persecution complex. Every normal and reasonable demand from a man is seen as an abuse of some sort. When A man demands to be shown respect (something that he should not even have to ask for),people like you will say he is abusive and domineering.

Keeping tabs on your spouse's social networking habits is now being labelled as "domineering" and "bad treatment".

You must be living in a women's lib. la la land.
Wake up and smell the coffee.
In real life and in real real committed relationships, the word privacy is an oxymoron.
Like a poster said earlier, it's a funny contradiction to say to a spouse.
" Here is my body, explore all the nooks and crannies till you are tired, but don't touch my smartphone, I have the right to my privacy".

He he he. Privacy my foot.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by plaetton: 9:49pm On Nov 07, 2012
Ivynwa: quote author=mike.okiro]

@ platton . -----hahaha, ah dey laugh, she even call me mgbeke chai !, because i talk wetin dey for book and wetin all my fellow dey hail me for, igbo Ndi nwe'm unu anu bekwe !

Yes youR view of that is so Mgbekeic and like the actor Mike Ori ihe dimma use to call his wife in the movies "Mgbii-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o". Hahaha! grin grin

Thanks Ivynwa!

Scooping on her won't help. There are smart girl out there, what if she has multiple accounts?.[size=14pt]prolly a surveillance camera will be placed on her to video her wherever she goes.[/size]

Hear what your fellow man is telling you, some good hearted men don't have your domineering notions. You can still respect your woman and still gets treated in high esteem like her man. You don't have to get aggressive and domineering to take your position as a man.

Yeah Shizzle, I told one of them in another thread that it's like putting a snooping device on a woman while she walks about. They can as well get into her stomach and look through her intestines to be monitoring and dominating over her. grin

Another thing you miss in my post is that I do not make a distinction whether its the man or the woman asking for the password. It goes both ways.
Sop get off your persecution and abuse complex and face the real issue here: The inviolability of trust between a couple in a committed relationship.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Ivynwa(f): 5:34am On Nov 08, 2012
plaetton:

Another thing you miss in my post is that I do not make a distinction whether its the man or the woman asking for the password. It goes both ways.
Sop get off your persecution and abuse complex and face the real issue here: The inviolability of trust between a couple in a committed relationship.
Friend if you ever get to a stage where you have to force out passwords from your spouse (not for anything reasonable or mutual) just to check her faithfulness to you then you shouldn't have been with the person in the first place.

plaetton:

What treatment are you referring to?
I have seen this exact scenario break up a marriage, and indeed,in that very case, someone certainly had something to hide in their smartphone.

Maybe I am too old fashioned, but certainly not chauvanistic.

The problems with women like you is that you suffer from persecution complex. Every normal and reasonable demand from a man is seen as an abuse of some sort. When A man demands to be shown respect (something that he should not even have to ask for),people like you will say he is abusive and domineering.

[b][size=14pt]Keeping tabs on your spouse's social networking habits is now being labelled as "domineering" and "bad treatment".

[/size][/b]You must be living in a women's lib. la la land.
Wake up and smell the coffee.
In real life and in real real committed relationships, the word privacy is an oxymoron.
Like a poster said earlier, it's a funny contradiction to say to a spouse.
" Here is my body, explore all the nooks and crannies till you are tired, but don't touch my smartphone, I have the right to my privacy".

He he he. Privacy my foot.

It's a pity that there are still people with this notion of keeping tabs, this violation of another person's dignity.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 08, 2012
It makes no sense. It certainly isnt my business to know her password.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 08, 2012
[quote author=mike.okiro]

if we have 1000 men in this forum 99 and half supports my view, the 1/2 % are the ones i called half men, those are the type of men ppl like you can date or get married to, so you go and put urself together unless you want to be single all ur life.

let me give you wat my fellow real men are thinking of you view, then you can see for yourself

I respectfully disagree. A husband and wife who cannot share something as simple as a social network password, obviously have deeper issues. This same line of thought can be used to say that neither should have access to each other's bank accounts, knowledge of friends, or place of employment. It is one thing for a boyfriend to ask, but for a spouse there should be no hesitancy unless you have something to hide. I'm sorry if you think this is domineering; but it is simply two becoming one in marriage.

(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like)

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Chrisbenogor(m): 7:52am On Nov 08, 2012
When I see a thread like this that is formed on many wrong premises it is kind of heart warming to see that a lot of guys still have their senses intact.

Too much of anything they say is bad, the first red flag any girl or guy should have is when their partner cares less about who calls you, who texts you etc.
Trust is earned, yes you might have gotten to the point where he or she cares not so much about your "private" life and I agree its nice to give the other partner some space to be themselves. Ultimately when it comes down to asking for the password, the first thing anyone should ask is what context?

Maybe the guy or girl is controlling and very jealous, this would show early on. The onus is on the other partner to either give it or move on with their lives if they cannot live with that flaw. But if they can and truly have nothing to hide, why not?

Maybe one party has started noticing funny behaviour, and it gets so bad that it is eating your partner up enough to ask for your password to verify, then if you love that person you would give it to at least show your innocence, then you can sit down and thrash out the trust issues.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by plaetton: 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
[quote author=wizzy11][/quote]

I could not have said it better.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by plaetton: 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2012
Ivynwa:
Friend if you ever get to a stage where you have to force out passwords from your spouse (not for anything reasonable or mutual) just to check her faithfulness to you then you shouldn't have been with the person in the first place.

It's a pity that there are still people with this notion of keeping tabs, this violation of another person's dignity.

I guess if you keep tabs of what your children are doing online, you are also violating their dignity?
If your partner keeps late nights and you try to find out what why he is always keeping late nights and what he might be up to, that would be tantamount to violating his dignity as well?

In your alternate universe, doing things that are simply commonsensical is equivalent of being domineering, and a violation of dignity?

I guess all the women out there who keep tabs on the activities of their committed partners by asking who they are talking to or chatting with, checking their partner's messages, wallets, emails, facebook pages, etc, are all domineering, abusive, and violating the dignity of their partners.
Do you agree?
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by plaetton: 2:28pm On Nov 08, 2012
[quote author=Ivynwa]

This statement contradicts itself.
If you reach the stage where you have to force out a password from your spouse, then it has gone way beyond anything reasonable and mutual.

Therefore, asking, and if necessary, demanding for password, is the only sure way of checking, confirming and re-assuring yourself that no hanky panky is going on under your nose.

And lastly,who gets deceived, the person who trust without reservations, or the the person who does not ?
Once we trust, we are all vulnerable.
There is no foolproof method against deceit when we open out minds and hearts to trust another person.
That is why we must always firewall our relationships with healthy doses of common sense.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Ivynwa(f): 4:31pm On Nov 08, 2012
@Plaetton

I haven't the time to tally here and dance around words with someone who is bent on using words to justify what is clearly wrong to some of his fellow men. I have actually realized what I wanted when I opened the thread which is to check out the views of others concerning the subject.

I'm still very very surprised that someone can harrass out the password of his partner from her/him and without qualms go checking on their mails and chat mesages. I am also happy that there are still men and women that respects themselves and their partners enough as to accord them some degree of privacy.
Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by mikeokiro: 11:21pm On Nov 08, 2012
Ivynwa: @Plaetton

I haven't the time to tally here and dance around words with someone who is bent on using words to justify what is clearly wrong to some of his fellow men. I have actually realized what I wanted when I opened the thread which is to check out the views of others concerning the subject.

I'm still very very surprised that someone can harrass out the password of his partner from her/him and without qualms go checking on their mails and chat mesages. I am also happy that there are still men and women that respects themselves and their partners enough as to accord them some degree of privacy.

hahaha, my sister there is nothing like using words to justify wat is wrong to some of our fellow men, infact nothing like some when it comes to this issue, we are all together in this, you take it or u leave it, imagine this ( Ruke Amata's Wife's Multiple Affairs Exposed - Encomium Exclusive ) if this man had full access to his wife accounts both email , facebook and phone , the lady wouldnt hv been using her phone and facebook as a way of maketing her self and securing sex contracts. it is only cheats like you ivynwa that would not want to hear your parner nearing ur phone or ur email or accounts. if there were men who were sleeping b4 about women dirty dealings and secrets this Ruke amata issue must have waken them up, but as for me, my eyes are always open when it has to do with this daughters of eve . grin

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Ask For His Woman's Password Just To Snoop/check Her Faithfulness? by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 08, 2015
Capital NO

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Educated Female Marry Late / How Old Were You When You Had Your First Kiss And Where??? / Guys, You're The Cause Of Your Own Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.