Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? (8227 Views)

What Would Make You Quit A Relationship?.... / What Can Make U Divorce Your Spouse? / Sms That Would Make Any Girl Fall In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by jeak123(m): 2:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
This is a question that has been bothering me for a while.

Can it be for only adultery that a christian can divorce his spouse or are there other reason?

This is in view of an advice a friend of mine is seeking from me.

That his wife of 3 years, is threatening to kill him if he fails to divorce her. And now he is afraid that the woman may carry out her threat.

Is this enough for one to go for a divorce? What do I tell him?

Please genuine contribution.
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by k2039: 2:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
If he is not happy,he should go for a divorce.

Divorce gives him a chance to get it right(he should learn his lessons and make sure his next choice is the right choice).

God hates divorce,but I'm yet to find the place in the bible where it says God hates the divorcee.

If one was ignorant enough to make the wrong choice and his/her marriage is not heading anywhere good because of his/her choice,then divorce might be the only option left.
Divorce gives one to the oportunity to seek knowledge and make the right choice afterward

2 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by Mynd44: 2:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
she wants out and she is even threatening to kill him if she does not give her. i dont see what the problem is here let her go
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by AB10(m): 3:11pm On Nov 07, 2012
Mynd_44: she wants out and she is even threatening to kill him if she does not give her. i dont see what the problem is here let her go
Just like that, there might be something making the guy hang in there.
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by Mynd44: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2012
AB10:
Just like that, there might be something making the guy hang in there.
Dude when we love someone, we always try to hang on and hope. Even against hope. We still try to make them see reason why they should not leave and we try to tell them it will work but not when she is threatening your life.

I don't take threats on one's life easy and the guy should not too. When love turns sour, the things can result from it might turn ugly

2 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by AB10(m): 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2012
lol...so what happened to for better for worse?
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by Mynd44: 3:22pm On Nov 07, 2012
AB10: lol...so what happened to for better for worse?
The bible okays divorce incases of infidelity and life threatening situations. This one has one of the two.

"for better for worse" does not cover death does it?
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by AB10(m): 3:34pm On Nov 07, 2012
Sure, nothing is worth dying for.
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2012
NOTHING!
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by alienware(m): 4:05pm On Nov 07, 2012
intimacy DEPRIVATION
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by Rastamann: 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2012
Nothing. Nothing Nothing
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by Born2beRich1(m): 4:09pm On Nov 07, 2012
Absolutely NOTHING.....Simply becos i LOVE MY WIFE TO THE END...
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by begwong: 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2012
which part of the world does yr friend comes from that d wife is insisting she must b divorced?
she no fit file for the divorce

2 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by 5much(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2012
Nothing is worth dying for.Nothing at all!
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by tunapawizzy: 4:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
IF I CATCH HER DEY GIVE ANOTHER MAN HEAD
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by Mynd44: 4:25pm On Nov 07, 2012
See all these guys saying noting.

Yeah right, we know better
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by adigun65: 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2012
Have you asked your friend what`s the problem in the house that`s making the wife to request for a divorced? Cause every person prays for a successful home & i`ve not heard of such request from either party in the union without a reason.
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by jeak123(m): 4:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
what has kept him is the saying that 'God hates divorce'. this is the same reason that i cant seem to advice him to go for a divorce.
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
I can never file for a divorce or be separated from my wife..... Never.... Even if I catch her red handed with another man. I just can't find any reason to divorce. Maybe there can't be a more "beautiful" woman.
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by Iranoladun(f): 4:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
Irreconcilable difference or death (if my spouse threaten to kill or maim me I will bolt like Usain Bolt shocked)
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by instagram: 4:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
Abeg NEXTTTTTTT
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by claremont(m): 4:37pm On Nov 07, 2012
Incompatibility, cheating, boring as f-uck in the bedroom, lacking good kitchen skills, the list goes on. . .

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by koozy(m): 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
k2wise: I can never file for a divorce or be separated from my wife..... Never.... Even if I catch her red handed with another man. I just can't find any reason to divorce. Maybe there can't be a more "beautiful" woman.

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by olly4life: 4:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
Advised ur friend to play her there wedding CDs, he will be amazed with the result. Divorce is only based on parties been unfaithful to one another.
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by jeak123(m): 4:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
Born 2be Rich: Absolutely NOTHING.....Simply becos i LOVE MY WIFE TO THE END...

Love indeed!!!!!!!!!!

AB10: lol...so what happened to for better for worse?

In as much as it is a good thing to remain married but u need know that life is sacred. He has borne this for some time and he is unhappy. Would God want him unhappy in a thing he made for it to be wonderful? It's easier to advice 'FOR BETTER FOR WORSE' when u are not involved. Or what do u think?

2 Likes

Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by Subuhanalahi: 4:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
Nothing on earth
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by eikeem(m): 4:50pm On Nov 07, 2012
This is a serious question ooooo. You are asking me to look into the future.
*consults orunmila*
*Orunmila loading.............*

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by ng4am(f): 4:50pm On Nov 07, 2012
For me, I can only divorce in cases like physical abuse or any other life threatening situation, any other offence I can forgive, as long as my partner sincerely ask for my forgiveness, who am I not to forgive when my God in heaven forgives all our sins.

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by Toktee(m): 4:54pm On Nov 07, 2012
If i catch her with a man(doing that thing),she iz gone no second chances,if she refuse to give me "kombi"she iz gone
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by olumaxi(m): 4:59pm On Nov 07, 2012
gross misconduct
Re: What Would Make You Divorce Your Spouse? by olumaxi(m): 5:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
gros misconduct

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Lady Gose Naked To Celebrate Her Lover's Birthday (pic) / Help! Am Loosing The Man I Love! / I Receive Not Less Than 150 Pms From Nairaland Babes Everyday. (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.