Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,459 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship (15128 Views)

He Decided To Teach Them A Lesson By Disturbing Them. Check The Pictures / Worship Of Mary And The Use Of Images In The Catholic Church / Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 7:43am On Nov 12, 2012
ijawkid:

There are millions of angels in heaven.....
Don't compare an angel(s) with mary...you must be sick to do that...

Just one angel in the bible killed more than a hundred thousand assyrian soldiers,so I wonder why you should ask me how myriads
Of angels can notice when a sinner repents...

Think well o my brother...

Angels are very much powerful and numerous to know what each human does,and who repents or not......
and yet d angels are simply my ministers, my servants, amen. If they know then the saints in heaven know.

Lol.....sorry to burst your buBbles,but mary
Is doing zilÇh for you guys or for any other servant of God who is alive today.....mary has no role in the chain of worship...no scripture supports that....its just a false assumption by you guys......
chain of woship? Wow, i gat so such chain, i worship God and him alone, as for prayers every xtian both on earth and in heaven are on d chain of prayers.
For you to create this chain:::: mary»Jesus»God. , then there m
ust be a problem.....
any xtian can interceed whether ur pastor or mary, but how would u know wen ur hypocrisy has blinded u.

The last time I checked you bowed before her image and rendered words of devotion to her.......na because I never come use cane flog your yansh when you dey bow down to her image na him make abi??.....
d last time i checked not all bowing is worship and joshua did d same b4 d ark and God didnt strike him dead.
You guys have put mary high on a pedestal that is false........
really, d bible says "from henceforth all ages will call me blessed". Wow, it seems d handmaid of d lord knows her worth. And d pedestal was set in d bible.

It wasn't written so you had to instigate it right??.....
It was not written by the apostles because they never engaged in such disgusting acts.....
another arguement from silience, a logical fallacy, so because "peter died" isnt in ur bible does that mean peter didnt die?
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by elikiba(m): 7:49am On Nov 12, 2012
Very funny how religious bigotry try to castigate Catholics. Now as a member of the Humanity order that i am i have to say this to all of you Christians that you all should be ashamed of your self for one reason you all claim to worship one God and at the end of the day you hate your selves and also lie to yourselves while trying to defend a religion that you know nothing of it existence only to be told by your parent about it.

Redeemers does the picture of Adeboye that you put in your car and homes saves you from accident and Misfortunes in your homes

SCOAN Does the Picture of TB Joshua and also all the materials you sell in your churches including your water you sell for 5k per bottle does it make you people better than the Catholics

Love World (CEC) So you people want to tell me that Oyakilome always intercede for you guys when you put his pictures in your houses and also carry a little picture of him

Lord Chosen's: So your Vest is now a bullet proof that you wear to avoid kidnapping and all sort of dangers in life.

Celestial: So all the things you people do are not dilatory

You see all of you are just deceiving yourselves and trying to defend your Pastors or priest and you sect when you can not even defend your father and mother that gave birth to you.

Humanity to me will always remain the best form of religion and the best way to communicate with God. Treat others as you will want to be treated.

As for the images in churches all Christians are guilty of this. You see a redeemer telling you the God of Adeboye is your own God different from his. Christ Embassy member will say My pastor said cant you read the bible your self.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Yeecar(m): 7:50am On Nov 12, 2012
SlyIg: These children will not allow me to rest o. Hahahahahahahahaha...
@Op, abeg worship your God as you understand and leave others to theirs. Having the image of your dad in room,does it mean you are worshipping your dad? I dont know why some people won't mind their religion! Worship what you believe and let others worship what they believe in! As simple as that!
My dear your not making sense at all!! :
(1) The picture u see around as Jesus is the picture of the guy that acted Jesus a film that u and I know.....
(2) Stop comparing the house of GOD with dat of your father or mother.
Think deeply with your brain, and pray for God's guidance. Stop being brainwashed!!!!
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Boomark(m): 7:52am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: ofcuz paul ask his fellow xtians to pray 4 him, abi no b so?

Fellow Christians who are alive. They did not ask a dead body to pray for them.

They should have asked Stephen to pray for them since he died before them. Abi they no remember him again?

1 Like

Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 7:56am On Nov 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Jesus saÝing those words connotes that he'll ®essurect those who die.....

""Ressurection "" was the issue thÉre.....

Paul asked all christians who were( alive) to pray for him.....he also put those same brothers in his prayers too........
so fellow christian>>JESUS>>GOD or paul>>JESUS>>GOD is ok but u have problem wit mary>JESUS>GOD abi? Hypocrisy!

For you to suggest that pauls request included the dead faithfuls to also pray for him is fallacious......
to God all are alive!!

Besides marÝ must have been alive then too,why didn't he(paul) just go pray th®ough her.....??
stupid arguement, are u ok? Did anyone say it is a must that intercession must be thru mary? U are argueing against urself.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 7:57am On Nov 12, 2012
Boomark:

Fellow Christians who are alive. They did not ask a dead body to pray for them.

They should have asked Stephen to pray for them since he died before them. Abi they no remember him again?
no one is dead to God.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 8:03am On Nov 12, 2012
ijawkid:

If you made carvings under the direct commands of Yahweh then it isn't idolatry....""YES""....

Wait for God to give the command...that is my point...

For you to make images and carvings for worship out of your own assumption or originality is idolatry.....

The bible has shown that......

Joshua and ,mose§ did not wake up
One day Ànd make the ark of covenant and the bronze serpent respeÇtively,without Gods own direction or command....

Never!!!!!!!........
hahaha, God loves d image of a cherubim and hates that of christ.

I don't have to find any where in the bible that says ""thou shall not use beads in worship"".....

All I'll do is go through history books to show you how you guys hijacked that practice from juju worshippers.......
It has no connection with past servants of the only true GOD.....
hahaha, so buddha and d pope planned it abi? Hahaha.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by ijawkid(m): 8:16am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: so fellow christian>>JESUS>>GOD or paul>>JESUS>>GOD is ok but u have problem wit mary>JESUS>GOD abi? Hypocrisy!

No make me call you mumu o......

Early christians prayed with each other,...they didn't direct prayers through a particular earthly individual.......only Jesus has the sole responsibility of conveying our prayers to GOD....

Paul and all early christians never prayed through any individual except Jesus....you guys are doing exactly the opposite with mary.....

You guys pray through mary,hoping she will carry your prayers to God.....

Ubenedictus:
to God all are alive!!

Yes they are alive in Gods memory..they in the literal sense become alive when they are ressurected.....

That is why the word ""ressurection"" exists...

Ubenedictus:

stupid arguement, are u ok? Did anyone say it is a must that intercession must be thru mary? U are argueing against urself.

Your creeds have made it a must for all catholics....

Can any catholic let a day pass without praying through mary and bowing before her image??....

1 Like

Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by ijawkid(m): 8:24am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, God loves d image of a cherubim and hates that of christ.
God gave the isrealites those specific commands for a reason....God is the almighty....

The ark of covenant had its use in the temple.....that temple is no more....Jesus' death ended it......

If God did not command that his sons image be carved and used ,why do it??....

That's my problem.....when it comes to worship,wait for Gods commands and not yours.....

God who wants worship will always tell us how we should worship Him,and not how we wanna....

When we choose how we should worship God,that would be presumptuousness....

Neither Yahweh nor Jesus commanded you make the mouldings of the cross,mary,and Jesus and bow down to them or use them in worship....

Ubenedictus:

Yes na...you been no know??.....

The pope hijacked the use of beads in worship from pagans .....it was planned and devoid of any scriptural backing......

1 Like

Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by monex(m): 8:30am On Nov 12, 2012
does this mean I should be able to slap a statue of Jesus and feel no remorse.

this is a question of symbolism, if venerating the symbol/image is evil then showing disdain to it cannot also be evil.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Boomark(m): 8:32am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, God loves d image of a cherubim and hates that of christ.

He gave His commands and it was built to specification. Wait for His commands. Besides the image you are calling Jesus is not Jesus and not His specification. This make the image of whoever you are bowing to an idol.

1 Like

Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by ijawkid(m): 8:41am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: and yet d angels are simply my ministers, my servants, amen. If they know then the saints in heaven know.
Talk true....I just showed you why the angels can be aware when a sinner repents......
They are powerful as well and many...

I reiterate::::mary has no ability or was giving the responsibility to listen and convey the prayers of 1 billion catholics.....

Ubenedictus:
chain of woship? Wow, i gat so such chain, i worship God and him alone, as for prayers every xtian both on earth and in heaven are on d chain of prayers.
any xtian can interceed whether ur pastor or mary, but how would u know wen ur hypocrisy has blinded u.
Christians pray with each other ....I don't pray through any pastor....my mouth never paralyze neither am I dumb.....

Christians are to pray through only Christ...
That is why he is the mediator.....there is only one mediator,and not many mediators.....

Ubenedictus:
d last time i checked not all bowing is worship and joshua did d same b4 d ark and God didnt strike him dead.
really, d bible says "from henceforth all ages will call me blessed". Wow, it seems d handmaid of d lord knows her worth. And d pedestal was set in d bible.
God didn't tell angel gabriel to tell mary that her image would be moulded and then bowed down to because she was to give birth to Jesus....angel gabriel never told mary that she would be a medium through which we can get to God......

The bible never put mary high on the pedestal you guys have put her...I'll repeat that over and over again...
Ubenedictus:
another arguement from silience, a logical fallacy, so because "peter died" isnt in ur bible does that mean peter didnt die?

Your analogies are most times never coherent or in line with the discussion..

It is a must that all humans will die,but is it a must or a fact that images of great persons or faithful servants would be moulded and bowed to??.....if that is the case the image of abraham,isaac and all faithful partriaÇhs would have filled the temple back then....

Death is inevitable but idolatry can be shunned....

Got that??

The scriptures never mentions any christian using images of mary and the cross or rosary in worship because it never was practiced........

1 Like

Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by ijawkid(m): 8:45am On Nov 12, 2012
Boomark:

He gave His commands and it was built to specification. Wait for His commands. Besides the image you are calling Jesus is not Jesus and not His specification. This make the image of whoever you are bowing to an idol.

Many of them are even bowing down to robert powells carved image.........
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by mintyx(m): 10:36am On Nov 12, 2012
forkinsonlolo: we dont suppose to have image in the house of the Lord, it is God house for God sake
Ok well said! But wat kind of weed do people who live in same house wif thier parents and hangs dia parents image in dia different room smoke? And wat kind of weed did u equally smoke by misunderstanding that? just wondering
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: thank God u know u gat no religious significance, christ does.

My picture has no religious significance. The "picture", portrait, sculpture of Christ, Mary, Saints, etc also have no religious significance - only those dabbling into idolatory would think they do.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by nagoma(m): 11:06am On Nov 12, 2012
If you can have gay priests why cant you have pictures and carvings of God. Its a progressive religion - I tell you. When Jesus returns he will have diffulties identifying cherches and christians.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 12, 2012
nagoma: If you can have gay priests why cant you have pictures and carvings of God. Its a progressive religion - I tell you. When Jesus returns he will have diffulties identifying cherches and christians.

Gay priests are as wrong as the use of images in worship. Also wrong is suicide bombing and killing people over movies, images, cartoons of a dead prophet or the reverence of a meteorite.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by lacum: 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2012
bursturbrain :
catholics are not being entirely truthful, please refute dis my claims if dey are not true.
1. If you enter your church and dere is a cross in middle of d church dont you bow and do sign of cross, whether you enter frm west or east or south door you always bow and make sign of cross
2. My cousin one day korokoro wen no one was around stopped front of a jesus picture in d parlor and started talkin to it, like thru it she wil reach Jesus, i den asked wat you doin she lied nothin,
3. Der is dis joke wen small dat dey said horse passed a statue of mary and d horse bow, dont you catholics kneel and pray b4 mary statue in ur church
4 even in western movies normal normal u see dose mexicans kneel and pray to jesus statue dey KNEEL AND PRAY LOOKIN UP TO IT AS THOUGH JESUS WAS THERE AT DAT TIME PLS WAT DIFF IS DIS FROM WAT HAPPENED WHEN SHEDRAACH AND CO REFUSED TO BOW TO STATUE OF NEBUCHADNEZZAR, remember dey refused to bow to dat image and God God sent angel to save dem, tel me how u catholics are any diff frm d babylon folks
oya penticostals tell me dis is not tru
1. U hold d bible in ur hands while praying
2. U neel b4 ur pastor and pray
3. U bow b4 ur pastor, a judge and oda people u respect.
Tell me if all these are not tru
the truth about images dat u have refused to accept is dat they are not worshiped when u bow or pray in front of them. Bowing is a sign of respect. So if u can do dat 4 mortal men y cant u do same to those who have attained perfectn in heaven
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Femmymata2(m): 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2012
I LOVE THIS THREAD.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Boomark(m): 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Many of them are even bowing down to robert powells carved image.........

They don't know satan and his tricks. Any of this images can easily be lucifer's image and they bow to it. Its a big shame and disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by elikiba(m): 2:48pm On Nov 12, 2012
Redeemers does the picture of Adeboye that you put in your car and homes saves you from accident and Misfortunes in your homes

SCOAN Does the Picture of TB Joshua and also all the materials you sell in your churches including your water you sell for 5k per bottle does it make you people better than the Catholics

Love World (CEC) So you people want to tell me that Oyakilome always intercede for you guys when you put his pictures in your houses and also carry a little picture of him

Lord Chosen's: So your Vest is now a bullet proof that you wear to avoid kidnapping and all sort of dangers in life.

You see all of you are just deceiving yourselves and trying to defend your Pastors or priest and you sect when you can not even defend your father and mother that gave birth to you.

Humanity to me will always remain the best form of religion and the best way to communicate with God. Treat others as you will want to be treated.

As for the images in churches all Christians are guilty of this. You see a redeemer telling you the God of Adeboye is your own God different from his. Christ Embassy member will say My pastor said cant you read the bible your self.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2012
lacum: oya penticostals tell me dis is not tru
1. U hold d bible in ur hands while praying
2. U neel b4 ur pastor and pray
3. U bow b4 ur pastor, a judge and oda people u respect.
Tell me if all these are not tru
the truth about images dat u have refused to accept is dat they are not worshiped when u bow or pray in front of them. Bowing is a sign of respect. So if u can do dat 4 mortal men y cant u do same to those who have attained perfectn in heaven

1) Why would anyone do that? Unnecessary, but i assume those who do have no where to place the Bible at the time. Otherwise, put the Bible somewhere and then bow your head and pray to God. The Bible is made of paper and has no magical powers - it's the message therein that has the power to transform lives.
2) Why would anyone do that? U pray in a respectful pose to God. Prayer is to God, not a human nor an image.
3) Nothing wrong in prostrating to living people in a respectful greeting. It's foolish and idolatry to do so to a lifeless image - the lifeless image is not Christ, nor does it represent Christ. Christ is not lifeless.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by ijawkid(m): 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2012
elikiba: Redeemers does the picture of Adeboye that you put in your car and homes saves you from accident and Misfortunes in your homes

I think they are guiilty too.....

I've seen where many hang the pix of there pastors in there cars and homes which they view as a talisman.....

They are guilty too......
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Rich4god(m): 11:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
Thank God am a CATHOLIC...
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Boomark(m): 12:27pm On Nov 13, 2012
Rich4god: Thank God am a CATHOLIC...

Thank God am NOT a catholic...

2 Likes

Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 1:30pm On Nov 13, 2012
ijawkid:

No make me call you mumu o......
Early christians prayed with each other,...they didn't direct prayers through a particular earthly individual.......only Jesus has the sole responsibility of conveying our prayers to GOD....

Paul and all early christians never prayed through any individual except Jesus....you guys are doing exactly the opposite with mary.....

You guys pray through mary,hoping she will carry your prayers to God.....
We ask her to pray 4 us as paul asked d other believes to pray 4 him. So paul>christian>Jesus is right but christian>mary>Jesus is wrong huh??

Yes they are alive in Gods memory..they in the literal sense become alive when they are ressurected.....

That is why the word ""ressurection"" exists...
so say ijawkid, Jesus says "to God no one is dead".

Your creeds have made it a must for all catholics....
Can any catholic let a day pass without praying through mary and bowing before her image??....
sorry my friend their is no creed that say "u must make intercessory prayer". Where did u get ur creed from?
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
ijawkid:
God gave the isrealites those specific commands for a reason....God is the almighty....

The ark of covenant had its use in the temple.....that temple is no more....Jesus' death ended it......

If God did not command that his sons image be carved and used ,why do it??....

That's my problem.....when it comes to worship,wait for Gods commands and not yours.....

God who wants worship will always tell us how we should worship Him,and not how we wanna....

When we choose how we should worship God,that would be presumptuousness....

Neither Yahweh nor Jesus commanded you make the mouldings of the cross,mary,and Jesus and bow down to them or use them in worship....

Yes na...you been no know??.....

The pope hijacked the use of beads in worship from pagans .....it was planned and devoid of any scriptural backing......
hahaha, ijawkid and his theory-i said it before u are superstitous.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 1:33pm On Nov 13, 2012
Boomark:

really? Hahaha, the shroud of turin.
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Ubenedictus(m): 1:38pm On Nov 13, 2012
Rich4god: Thank God am a CATHOLIC...
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Boomark(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, ijawkid and his theory-i said it before u are superstitous.

laff the Shame off my brother. Worshipping image no easy.

1 Like

Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by Boomark(m): 1:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: really? Hahaha, the shroud of turin.

really? Hahaha, the window of Malaysia.

Mary's image appeared there too.

SMbigH!
Re: Important Lesson To Christians About The Use Of Images In Worship by ijawkid(m): 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha, ijawkid and his theory-i said it before u are superstitous.

Lol.....

You go tell me wether na me go thief the pagan practice of using beads in worship.....

UBE you better throw away that your rosary......lol....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

256 Odu Ifa ~ Ifa Religion / Pastor Chris Denounces The Divinity Of Jesus Christ / Ghosts, Spirits, Paranormal Entities, Are They Real?(Warning).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.