Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,001 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Can't Open Up - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can't Open Up (2014 Views)

10 Nigerian Women Open Up On How They Lost Their Virginity / Ladies...do U Open-up 2ur Man Dat Is Not Good On Bed / How Do U Get A Guy To Open Up? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't Open Up by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2012
Over the years on NL I've made a couple of friends. Most know me by my other username which I used while I was still active on the Romance section.
Now I've come of age and less naïve. I'm now very close to settling down with my own family but still have a problem.
I find it very hard to open up about my feelings. I've lived most of my life letting my emotions get bottled up until my soul can't bare the weight anymore and depression sets in.
Sometimes I even feel life sef destructing but somehow get over the temptation.
Even right now I find it hard to pin point what is wrong with me but bottom line is, I can't connect with females who come my way.

Does anyone feel my pain and is reasonable enough to offer a KIND word of advise.

Save a soul today.
Be my Angel.
Re: Can't Open Up by Mynd44: 8:58pm On Nov 17, 2012
Brb
Re: Can't Open Up by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 17, 2012
Take tons of green tea, with time you'll understand why cool
Re: Can't Open Up by cdamsel(f): 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2012
Meditate on wat ur problem is,no1 can give u soln wen d real problem isn't known,come bk wen u ve found d problem & I wld gladly hand out advice if I ve grin
Re: Can't Open Up by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 17, 2012
cdamsel: Meditate on wat ur problem is,no1 can give u soln wen d real problem isn't known,come bk wen u ve found d problem & I wld gladly hand out advice if I ve grin
His problem is : He needs a girlfriend/woman... are you ready to help?
Re: Can't Open Up by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
cdamsel: Meditate on wat ur problem is,no1 can give u soln wen d real problem isn't known,come bk wen u ve found d problem & I wld gladly hand out advice if I ve grin
Honestly, I don't know what the problem is because it's deep routed.
Just finding myself battling depression which almost sank me years back and this period of my life is too crucial for me to start getting depressed again.

I wish there was a pill I can swallow to make everything turn out right.

Doing drugs is a bad choice for me at the moment and I'm trying so hard to avoid it....
Re: Can't Open Up by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 17, 2012
acidosis™:

His problem is : He needs a girlfriend/woman... are you ready to help?

Honestly, I don't think it will work out even if she's the most perfect woman in the world.

I've met awesome girls who really liked me but somehow I ruined the relationships just because I find it very hard to open up about my feelings and every other thing about my life. Both the good, the bad and the ugly.
Re: Can't Open Up by Goldieluks: 9:47pm On Nov 17, 2012
Sounds like your having a mental break down. You should seek the help of a shrink at once.
Re: Can't Open Up by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 17, 2012
Goldieluks: Sounds like your having a mental break down. You should seek the help of a shrink at once.
I'm still thinking straight and perfectly ok.
Just trying to avoid such a situation.

Lost my appetite for food lately though.
Re: Can't Open Up by Goldieluks: 9:53pm On Nov 17, 2012
Brand_new:
I'm still thinking straight and perfectly ok.
Just trying to avoid such a situation.

Lost my appetite for food lately though.

You still need to see a shrink to help support, and guide you through this period.
Sounds like your depressed. Why not try changing your present environment, go places, visit families, and try
changing your routine if possible. This might help your situation.

1 Like

Re: Can't Open Up by Mynd44: 10:02pm On Nov 17, 2012
What's going on here?
Re: Can't Open Up by candieangel12(f): 10:02pm On Nov 17, 2012
Brand_new:
Honestly, I don't know what the problem is because it's deep routed.
Just finding myself battling depression which almost sank me years back and this period of my life is too crucial for me to start getting depressed again.

I wish there was a pill I can swallow to make everything turn out right.

Doing drugs is a bad choice for me at the moment and I'm trying so hard to avoid it....

I say take some weed, it'd help you feel happy but if you're not a fan of weed then take some ecstasy pills, it gets the job done too. Ecstasy is one of the best pills in the world, it'll make you love everything and everyone, even the devil cool
Re: Can't Open Up by Goldieluks: 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2012
candieangel12:

I say take some weed, it'd help you feel happy but if you're not a fan of weed then take some ecstasy pills, it gets the job done too. Ecstasy is one of the best pills in the world, it'll make you love everything and everyone, even the devil cool
undecided undecided

Since when have weed and ecstasy pills become a cure for low mood?
Re: Can't Open Up by candieangel12(f): 10:06pm On Nov 17, 2012
Goldieluks: undecided undecided

Since when have weed and ecstasy pills become a cure for low mood?

Since it became a source of peace and happiness. The OP is depressed, weed and ecstasy makes you happy. tongue
Re: Can't Open Up by Goldieluks: 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2012
candieangel12:

Since it became a source of peace and happiness. The OP is depressed, weed and ecstasy makes you happy. tongue

A source of temporary peace and happiness. Would you advise your boy friend to indulge in such?
Re: Can't Open Up by lolaluv1(f): 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2012
Op.
Like Goldie said, talk to a therapist/psychiatrist in any of the General hospitals around.
Nigerians like shying away from them because they feel only the mentally deranged need them.
But seeing them doesn't mean you are a psycho....
At a point we all need someone to help us, and I think they are your best bet right now. They are trained to help you...

Wish you da very best!
Re: Can't Open Up by candieangel12(f): 10:13pm On Nov 17, 2012
Goldieluks:

A source of temporary peace and happiness. Would you advise your boy friend to indulge in such?
Hmm, well I am single but if I did have a boyfriend, I wouldn't mind him being happy. Thats what love's about, am I wrong? LOL tongue
Temporary happy or permanent happy, atleast the OP will be happy. Your suggestions wont make him happy grin
Re: Can't Open Up by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2012
OP,you seem not being able to point out the real problem.i think you are wallowing in self pity,diffidence and frustration...i advise you visit a psycho therapist,force yourself to be open-minded and get out of your shell
Re: Can't Open Up by Goldieluks: 10:16pm On Nov 17, 2012
candieangel12:
Hmm, well I am single but if I did have a boyfriend, I wouldn't mind him being happy. Thats what love's about, am I wrong? LOL tongue
Temporary happy or permanent happy, atleast the OP will be happy. Your suggestions wont make him happy grin

Am sure my suggestions would bring him long term peace and happiness, instead of turning him into a druggie
Re: Can't Open Up by candieangel12(f): 10:18pm On Nov 17, 2012
Goldieluks:

Am sure my suggestions would bring him long term peace and happiness, instead of turning him into a druggie
Okay ma'm whatever you say.
OP like I said, if you dont want to try the weed, then take some ecstasy pills. I assure you, you will be happy.
Re: Can't Open Up by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2012
Hi Brand-new, It almost sounds like you are protecting yourself and are afraid of being seen or getting hurt.
Or maybe condtioned somehow growing up that its not ok, to open up or show your feelings ?
Sometimes an objective,trained councelor can really help too if thats what it takes.Its ok. smiley
Re: Can't Open Up by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 17, 2012
Op just get some stuffs and get high. Solutn will surely come lol.
Back to topic: you really do av a serious pee here.
You can't connect with females! Never heard of such.
I'd just suggest yu see a capable psychologist and your pastor.
Re: Can't Open Up by Lawconfessor(f): 10:33pm On Nov 17, 2012
binger: OP,you seem not being able to point out the real problem.i think you are wallowing in self pity,diffidence and frustration...i advise you visit a psycho therapist,force yourself to be open-minded and get out of your shell
binger: OP,you seem not being able to point out the real problem.i think you are wallowing in self pity,diffidence and frustration...i advise you visit a psycho therapist, force yourself to be open-minded and get out of your shell

U got d words from my mouth.....@op, a psychologist will help.
Re: Can't Open Up by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 17, 2012
Law-confessor:

U got d words from my mouth.....@op, a psychologist will help.
Of course,Am a mind reader like Tamisho cool
Re: Can't Open Up by Lawconfessor(f): 9:20am On Nov 18, 2012
binger: Of course,Am a mind reader like Tamisho cool

Den Shadda I am.....lol
Re: Can't Open Up by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 18, 2012
Law-confessor:

Den Shadda I am.....lol
loolz
Re: Can't Open Up by Tedpgrass: 10:58am On Nov 18, 2012
@ Op......

Need some professional help here.... albeit not on a public forum

Get in touch...

help4hand@hotmail.co.uk

that's if u want to..
Re: Can't Open Up by 2sexy(m): 11:13am On Nov 18, 2012
OP, the thing don catch you too? ah... and you were on my thread when I talked about feeling just the same way.

Bro..., go out and talk to people.

Mine comes once in a while.

But after sometime, it leaves me.

Just dont stay alone or better yet get some movies or read something.

Listen to cool music...

I dont know , just trying to suggest something lol... dont worry you will be fine
Re: Can't Open Up by Beync(f): 11:57am On Nov 18, 2012
Every problem have a cause or root. u need to identify where the depression stems from so you can seek appropriate help.
things like Major life stresses, chronic illness, medication and relation ship or work problem can cause depression.
making you to feel sadness or physically restless or even thoughts of death or suicide. depression is very treatable if you determine.
sometime what you need is talk therapy if it has nothing to do with clinical. get to start opening up with the right persons. feel free to talk, talk about yourself, ur success, even ur failures, whatever. you'll see how relieved you'll feel after each time you offload what ever their is in your mind.
Re: Can't Open Up by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
Dear poster,

your problem is serious. I hope people will show empathy.
Let me tell you first that it is possible to help you. Best would be for you to get professional help. All of us need help sometimes. There is nothing wrong with it.
I guess that you suffer from depression, am NOT a psychologist though. So telling you to pull yourself together, can make matters worse. You need someone who knows hot to overcome it. If you get diagnosed with depression, it's possible to get the right medication that will help.

What to do if you can't get professional help? Well, you have still many options.
First of all, you have to know that you are not alone. Many people suffer from depression or at least pass a depressive period in their lives.
Secondly, what could be the reason for you not being able to open up and connect with people? Are you scared of showing yourself to people who you open up to? Are you afraid you may get hurt? Very often depression is linked to low self-esteem triggered by bad childhood experience.

I hope you can answer some of my questions before I continue talking and speculating.
Re: Can't Open Up by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 18, 2012
candieangel12:

JUST STOP SAYING SUCH THINGS! Or do you want to become responsible for a person killing himself? Your statement is dangerous. Were you trying to be funny? Well, you failed. Lord have mercy!

Extasy pills will DEFINITELY make matters worse.
Extasy pills WILL MAKE YOUR DEPRESSION WORSE.
Re: Can't Open Up by candieangel12(f): 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2012
carefreewannabe:

JUST STOP SAYING SUCH THINGS! Or do you want to become responsible for a person killing himself? Your statement is dangerous. Were you trying to be funny? Well, you failed. Lord have mercy!

Extasy pills will DEFINITELY make matters worse.
Extasy pills WILL MAKE YOUR DEPRESSION WORSE.

Ecstasy pills arent gonna make you kill yourself lol itll just get ya happy, which is what the OP wants. And its ECSTASY not extasy. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

My 13 Yr Old Brother Has A Girlfriend / Sex On First Date: Good Or Bad Idea / Why Most Women Hardly Keep Some Details About Their Relationship Private

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.