Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (166578 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 9:55am On Apr 18, 2015
atobz:

Hi Scantee,

scantee@live.com comes back with Mail Delivery Subsystem. Your email is perhaps full. Can you please address this?
thatz not my email address, send pm instead.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 18, 2015
scantee:
Told u is late na, they have started the exam when ur request was made. Next phase
When is the next phase?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by victorokojie: 10:22am On Apr 18, 2015
Please sir do u hav any idea wen I.P.S uniport will begin their short courses program for this year 2015.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by atobz(m): 11:14am On Apr 18, 2015
scantee:
wahoo u be confirm guy, u work with Huyndia for Brass?
@Scantee Not exactly.
It's only recently I started to follow the "Oil Workers Zone" and I must say its been of tremendous help so far. Your comment regarding a plant in Brass Island got my attention and I thought it wise to contact you. I'm guessing you referring to HHI's Shipyard.Don't be surprised I know. Hyundai was actually one of the. Tenderers for a part of the scope for Brass project.And I use to be part of the team that review their submissions.
Prior to reading this particular post, I was going to contact you and send you my credentials with the aim of hopefully getting help regarding a job. And there came the post I just read.
I worked with an American EPC coy until 2013. The company was the PMC for the Brass LNG Project until 2014. Due to the suspension of the coy's contract by Brass, the coy had to release all Nigerian Nationals while they made their exit plans themselves.
I've been out of job since leaving the project and meen you can only imagine how terrible life has been since then. I tried sending you my profile and see if it gets your attention to assist but I think I've got the wrong email. I've sent you a PM now though. I'll appreciate your response.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 18, 2015
The thread gets better doesn't it? smiley
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by atobz(m): 11:44am On Apr 18, 2015
taiwolusol:
The thread gets better doesn't it? smiley
Absolutely!
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by donmatin(m): 1:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
Thanks 4 d reply,got ur msg but just incase any other job show am interestd weda safety or engineering job.bless u bro
scantee:
sorry i am waiting for the BYF president to get back to me, him na Dakuku peterside man oo, and Wike just floged them, they never recover lol
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ademasta(m): 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
@Scantee or anyone that can be of help, plz i am a graduate of electrical engineering from abu zaria, i graduated with 2-1, and want a career in Oil and Gas. I have autocad 2d frm cadd centre. I did CCNA training and have the academy certificates(Neva done the final certification yet). So now, i want to go into safety, i know about HSE(NOT THAT I HAVE DONE IT O), but i don't know if the one i am about embarking on is recognaized by the Oil and Gas sector; and that is 'Oil and Gas safety management' by OSHAcademy. Do you know any professional engineers having this certification, i mean from OSHAcademy? Is OSHAcademy recognaized by oil and gas companies in Nigeria? Let's assume it is recognaized, do i need HSE upon it again? And am i good to apply for an oil and gas job? Plz i need urgent answer(s). Thank you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ademasta(m): 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
@Scantee or anyone that can be of help, plz i am a graduate of electrical engineering from abu zaria, i graduated with 2-1, and want a career in Oil and Gas. I have autocad 2d frm cadd centre. I did CCNA training and have the academy certificates(Neva done the final certification yet). So now, i want to go into safety, i know about HSE(NOT THAT I HAVE DONE IT O), but i don't know if the one i am about embarking on is recognaized by the Oil and Gas sector; and that is 'Oil and Gas safety management' by OSHAcademy. Do you know any professional engineers having this certification, i mean from OSHAcademy? Is OSHAcademy recognaized by oil and gas companies in Nigeria? Let's assume it is recognaized, do i need HSE upon it again? And am i good to apply for an oil and gas job? Plz i need urgent answer(s).
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ademasta(m): 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2015
@Scantee, plz i am a graduate of electrical engineering from abu zaria, i graduated with 2-1, and want a career in Oil and Gas. I have autocad 2d frm cadd centre. I did CCNA training and have the academy certificates(Neva done the final certification yet). So now, i want to go into safety, i know about HSE(NOT THAT I HAVE DONE IT O), but i don't know if the one i am about embarking on is recognaized by the Oil and Gas sector; and that is 'Oil and Gas safety management' by OSHAcademy. Do you know any professional engineers having this certification, i mean from OSHAcademy? Is OSHAcademy recognaized by oil and gas companies in Nigeria? Let's assume it is recognaized, do i need HSE upon it again? And am i good to apply for an oil and gas job? Plz i need urgent answer(s).
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ademasta(m): 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
donmatin:
Thanks 4 d reply,got ur msg but just incase any other job show am interestd weda safety or engineering job.bless u bro

@Scantee or anyone that can be of help, plz i am a graduate of electrical engineering from abu zaria, i graduated with 2-1, and want a career in Oil and Gas. I have autocad 2d frm cadd centre. I did CCNA training and have the academy certificates(Neva done the final certification yet). So now, i want to go into safety, i know about HSE(NOT THAT I HAVE DONE IT O), but i don't know if the one i am about embarking on is recognaized by the Oil and Gas sector; and that is 'Oil and Gas safety management' by OSHAcademy. Do you know any professional engineers having this certification, i mean from OSHAcademy? Is OSHAcademy recognaized by oil and gas companies in Nigeria? Let's assume it is recognaized, do i need HSE upon it again? And am i good to apply for an oil and gas job? Plz i need urgent answer(s).
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by EngrBouss(m): 11:30am On Apr 19, 2015
Needing any of the software related to engineering in the oil and gas industry, Accounting, programming . Contact me at 07087210933 or WhatsApp me @08093852664.

Also Check out the list below ;

Cheers

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Owiii(m): 10:28am On Apr 20, 2015
scantee:
have you discuss with the guy i link u up with? His name is Jimi Oluso.... Jst tell him scantee sent u.
He sent me a mail and am impress by his analysis. If you can help me get a drilling company in portharcourt were I can volunteer work,I will be so grateful. Thank you sir.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Owiii(m): 10:29am On Apr 20, 2015
scantee:
have you discuss with the guy i link u up with? His name is Jimi Oluso.... Jst tell him scantee sent u.
He sent me a mail and am impress by his analysis. If you can help me get or refer me to drilling company in portharcourt were I can do volunteer work,I will be so grateful that will help me gain needed experience to grow my career.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by port1976(m): 1:20pm On Apr 20, 2015
Ladies and gents,

I have read through comments, questions and answers. My findings shows that 95% of young and fresh graduates want to work in Oil and gas company simply becasue of good renumeration. Dont get me wrong ,money is good and so also good life that comes with it. Believe it or not; oil and gas job is dangerous, demanding,stressful and unpredictable. It is not all that glitters is Gold. Am a professional with decade experience.We dont tell you all the story, may be if you know you might choose another career, though we have little options in Africa. Our professional bodies: NSE, MSChE, SPE etc are not doing enough for our undergraduates to get them properly informed about industry prospect and challenges. Am seriously thinking about solution to bridge gap. We engineers live a lonely life without being alone. We dont go on strike, we work with and lead our team. We share the glory and success with our team but takes responsibility if it fails, we dont bury our mistakes but faces the consequences. Our success celeberation dont last more than few minutes, before you know it another phone call or email pop in, cycle continues. That is why your thermodynamics, chemical reaction, transport phenomena etc questions reads solve this problem cheesy. All the best in your future endeavour

2 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
port1976:
Ladies and gents,

I have read through comments, questions and answers. My findings shows that 95% of young and fresh graduates want to work in Oil and gas company simply becasue of good renumeration. Dont get me wrong ,money is good and so also good life that comes with it. Believe it or not; oil and gas job is dangerous, demanding,stressful and unpredictable. It is not all that glitters is Gold. Am a professional with decade experience.We dont tell you all the story, may be if you know you might choose another career, though we have little options in Africa. Our professional bodies: NSE, MSChE, SPE etc are not doing enough for our undergraduates to get them properly informed about industry prospect and challenges. Am seriously thinking about solution to bridge gap. We engineers live a lonely life without being alone. We dont go on strike, we work with and lead our team. We share the glory and success with our team but takes responsibility if it fails, we dont bury our mistakes but faces the consequences. Our success celeberation dont last more than few minutes, before you know it another phone call or email pop in, cycle continues. That is why your thermodynamics, chemical reaction, transport phenomena etc questions reads solve this problem cheesy. All the best in your future endeavour

So true....am diversing though no show yet
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 2:07pm On Apr 20, 2015
Owiii:

He sent me a mail and am impress by his analysis. If you can help me get a drilling company in portharcourt were I can volunteer work,I will be so grateful. Thank you sir.
bro ur request is a tough one, companies hardly take volunteer workers now, many would assume volunteer bt when they get to settle the tune will change, well if i see any chance i will alert u bt not a promise. Maybe u can still talk to the guy i link u up with, he is project director/supervisor for different companies.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 2:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
ademasta:
@Scantee, plz i am a graduate of electrical engineering from abu zaria, i graduated with 2-1, and want a career in Oil and Gas. I have autocad 2d frm cadd centre. I did CCNA training and have the academy certificates(Neva done the final certification yet). So now, i want to go into safety, i know about HSE(NOT THAT I HAVE DONE IT O), but i don't know if the one i am about embarking on is recognaized by the Oil and Gas sector; and that is 'Oil and Gas safety management' by OSHAcademy. Do you know any professional engineers having this certification, i mean from OSHAcademy? Is OSHAcademy recognaized by oil and gas companies in Nigeria? Let's assume it is recognaized, do i need HSE upon it again? And am i good to apply for an oil and gas job? Plz i need urgent answer(s).
sorry i don't think i know the academy, if really u want to do hse just look for a centre that is accredited to the major oil & gas coyz so that ur cert would nt be questioned if happend to be invited for an interview or..
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Owiii(m): 3:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
scantee:
bro ur request is a tough one, companies hardly take volunteer workers now, many would assume volunteer bt when they get to settle the tune will change, well if i see any chance i will alert u bt not a promise. Maybe u can still talk to the guy i link u up with, he is project director/supervisor for different companies.
Ok. Thank you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Switlife: 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
scantee:
sorry i don't think i know the academy, if really u want to do hse just look for a centre that is accredited to the major oil & gas coyz so that ur cert would nt be questioned if happend to be invited for an interview or..

Sound advice.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 4:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
@ottty check your mail.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ottty(m): 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
scantee:
@ottty check your mail.

Bro, I've refreshing been my inbox. Your mail isn't there. Please confirm from your end whether it was actually sent. Thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 9:26pm On Apr 20, 2015
ottty:

Bro, I've refreshing been my inbox. Your mail isn't there. Please confirm from your end whether it was actually sent. Thanks
my mail user name does nt show scantee so check well, it has an attachment, u kan check ur spam box
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ottty(m): 9:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
scantee:
my mail user name does nt show scantee so check well, it has an attachment, u kan check ur spam box
Thank you bro. Found it in my spam folder.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by scantee(m): 10:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
ottty:

Thank you bro. Found it in my spam folder.
just do as i stated there and send it back to me for final.....
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Yeahreen(m): 8:10am On Apr 21, 2015
Gosh, I Can't Believe there is a trend like dis on NL afta all these while on NL and just discovering it. As A fresh young graduate of electrical electronics engineering seeking an opportunity, am following with keen interest.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by emajazii: 12:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
please does anyone have a copy of the condition of service of total, oando and con oil (down stream). i need to do an analysis on the variance in their welfare packages, renumeration, and promotion period. you send an e-copy to emajazii@yahoo.com.

thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by presh247(m): 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
@scantee...please,do u have any material on HSE?
Can a microbiologist work in the oil and gas industry?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by ottty(m): 10:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
scantee:
just do as i stated there and send it back to me for final.....

done bro
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Phemtemconsult: 9:52am On Apr 22, 2015
Hi Nairaland Colleague;

How To Outspace The Competition In An Increasingly Global World

Who we are?
Phemtem Consult can help you reach new heights in your career. We offer a pathway to successful future.
No matter what time/money restraints you are facing, we always have something you will find useful when it comes to Professional Certification & Trainings (Local & International). In addition, transacting with us can really save you quite a bit of money.

Become Certified Practitioner in Procurement and Logistics - CPPL
Earn a Procurement and Logistics (CPPL) Certification.
CPPL credentials distinguish you in the job market and can help you move ahead.

Other Programs
1. Supply Chain Management
2. Operations Management
3. Logistics & Transport
4. Risk & Safety Management
5. Procurement & Logistics
6. Marketing & Sales
7. Warehousing & Inventory Mgt
8. Human Resources Management
9. Project Management
10. Finance & Administrative Mgt
... And many more Certifications

Contact Us for more details
Call/Whatsapp: 08125754333, 08105843039
Oluwafemi@phemtemconsult.com, Phemtem@gmail.com
www.phemtemconsult.com

Suite 136, 3rd Floor Atara Plaza
opp Mobil Filling Station, Aguda
Surulere - Lagos
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by bulay: 11:34am On Apr 22, 2015
scantee:
Thanks for the prayer amen. I will see to your request, let see how it goes, @all pls bear with me especially those i have not respond to their PMs and posts here, i will surely respond to all. I am currently supervising a JVC project and is taking whole lots of my time. @ihatenaija mail me ur Hse cert asap.

@scantee i just read your reply.thank you so much.If you dont mind,i just sent you a PM.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
@ scantee nwanne;whats on the table?
@ thread,donmatin,switlife and co;how is everyone doing?

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.