Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (22521 Views)

Why Does President Buhari Treat Shiites And Fulani Herdsmen Differently? premium / Gamaliel Onosode Dies At 82 / Chimamanda Adichie's Article On The Oba Of Lagos Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by EkoIle1: 3:49am On Nov 25, 2012
Crayola1:

She has a name for herself while you have to remain content with regurgitating other peoples'

And what name are we talking about?

Writing and peddling the same biafra nonsense that only misguided ibo losers like ashebe and the rest of you clowns on NL swim in?

ibo people are shallow than 1 kobo sha.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Katsumoto: 3:50am On Nov 25, 2012
Crayola1:

Coming from Captain Pseudo Intellectual cheesy She has a name for herself while you have to remain content with regurgitating other peoples' works to your bigoted hoard of fans on Nairaland. The day You have an idea, an original one dear, will be the day that Satan himself skates on the ice of the North Pole. What does Katsumoto know that hasn't been sourced from daily romps on Google? I always laugh at your "fans" who peg you for being clever, we all can be clever if we borrow every idea and thought in our head grin

Stick to recounting Yoruba history, its about all you are good at I'm afraidcry

People who resort to ad hominem attacks can not rely on the strength of their own arguments to win debates. I don't know who you are and I really don't care. So you can tell how successful I am based on your definitions of success. You must be a witch. I didn't realise that it was possible to define people on an anonymous forum. If you want to discuss folks rather than issues, perhaps you should join forums which cater to celebrities and the like.

Even unemployed folks have the rights to comment on anonymous forums; their unemployment has no bearing on their ability to discuss these issues.

You can continue screaming like a mad woman if you want, I have no time to dummies. If you however, want an intellectual debate, you can respond to my post above; you are even free to use your own version of google. bloodclaat

11 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Kobojunkie: 3:52am On Nov 25, 2012
afam4eva:
Do you wanna die before him?

You always come back with the most idi_otic of responses, have you noticed it yet? I asked if the EULOGY means the man is dead, or something since I know of no other reason for the praise session(umpteenth one I have read in a while of him), and you ask me if I want to die before him. What has to do with anything?

Is there some RULE on the ORDER in which people should die? What the frell does has my death(INEVITABLE CONSEQUENCE OF MY BEING HUMAN) got to do with this man's DEATH(another INEVITABLE CONSEQUENCE OF HIS BEING HUMAN).

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 4:11am On Nov 25, 2012
generations come and pass.
Achebe tells his story from his own generation, he was a victim, his friends were! but the amazing thing is that he aint scared of anyone and he said it bold as it was.If awolowo and co were igbos, there tone would be different.
Gowon never said any story, he only keep running around without pointing something out exactly, he is then a pu...ssy
Awolowo himself was another brave guy! he said boldly as he thinks, to him he believed starving common man to win the war will make him a hero in nigeria,and his jugdement after the war is defendable atleast to his ppl afterall they want him a hero.But what about the other side, my dad was among his victim of #20 infact even uptill today he never got chichi !my
uncle do bussiness with his three 911(Gwongworo) from kano to lagos and
onitsha then and was very rich. He left everything and run
away before the war when his driver was killed by huasas. now these are the vitim
of the war and the horror still live in them. They will never be nigeria and their blood and heart reject it. They see everything different. I wont blame them but we should learn from it.

You see in this article, she even said about how a yoruba man was even massacared because they think he is igbo. Now i wasnt there to know how truth this was but if true then this is a pure good message to igbos especially those that dont like ojukwu. This is a pure indication of how hateful most nigerians were to igbos and ppl will try to convince you that awolowo was not in control of the west thats why he couldnt do anything. see the only diferent with northerners and yoruba then was education. yorubas went to school while huasas dont, it still dint xhange the fact about their hatered!
Now lesson to learn, these are human being and no doubt things like this are bounds to repeat itself. We all dont know to who? or when? It may even be your tri be, it may even be igbos again but my advise now is that everyone in nigeria should have a gun. It was too fast for igbos then, within three years everything is gone, these time it maybe faster! you maybe calabar man hustling in onitsha and withing a year ur life and property is gone! now you dont have to end like that just like the igbos in the north and west and even portharcout, if those igbos had gun and push back by now atleast ppl will know how disastrous it is to attack foreigners in their land. It doesnt mean you will win but for goodness sake do something!! that why God create you!
Now this a warning to igbos especially becos you travel more than anybody and take that place as home especially you guys in lagos. Be alert! you may not win but dont make the mistake of the past guys.

Now about the article everybody his own word.if im yoruba,middle beltan or northerner there is no way i will support any talk for biafra atleast for the fact that my fathers,leaders nd heroes fight against it! and as igbo hearing the story from my mother makes you already hate nigeria. I think best things is to learn from what happened! There are millions who never expect this was coming as of 1960s or late days of 1966 but it all came too fast . I still remember menankiti story of fugitive in biafra, they were still in class when it starts. We should learn from this ! it doesnt matter what tribe yoi re from.

4 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by WarriPikin1: 5:43am On Nov 25, 2012
I had always wanted to avoid this civil war debate largely going on between Igbos and Yoruba.
But Chimamanda mentioned something i had always had in my mind.Which is that Nigeria always knew it would defeat Biafra because it had more weapons,soldiers and the entire international community, so why then do you need to starve Igbos on top of it? I don't know who advised that policy,but it was a wicked over kill.
It is even more painful that in the end, Biafrans were defeated purely by military capture of all their towns and their airports. So why were those children starved to death?

7 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by 9javoice1(m): 6:07am On Nov 25, 2012
by Katsumoto:

Katsumoto I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU.

CAN YOU TELL ME WHY THE YORUBAS ARE THE ONLY TRIBE WITH THE BUSINESS OF DEBATING OR ARGUING WITH THE IGBOS ABOUT THE WAR?

i notice that the north will only speak once or two and accept without apology their action, but our brothers in the south will stay all they claiming this and that about the war.

the north are the most beneficiaries of the war yet yorubas benefited little and make more noise about the war why?
i suggest time has come for yorubas to keep shot like others.

6 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Katsumoto: 6:20am On Nov 25, 2012
9ja voice:

CAN YOU TELL ME WHY THE YORUBAS ARE THE ONLY TRIBE WITH THE BUSINESS OF DEBATING OR ARGUING WITH THE IGBOS ABOUT THE WAR?

i notice that the north will only speak once or two and accept without apology their action, but our brothers in the south will stay all they claiming this and that about the war.

the north are the most beneficiaries of the war yet yorubas benefited little and make more noise about the war why?

Read Adichie's account again. How many times did she mention characters from the North with regards to the war?

Yet she managed to drag Awo's name into it and also of a phantom friend who was almost lynched by a mob that thought he/she was Igbo because he/she was light skinned. Are there no light skinned Yoruba folks? Why did Adichie also need to go back into history back to 1952 (it was really 1951) to stress that Awo stopped Zik from being premier? Why didn't she talk about those pogroms against Ndigbo before Independence but which Ndigbo ignored before forming an alliance with the North?

When you folks stop mentioning Yoruba folks in your whining, Yoruba folks will stop responding to you.

11 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by lagcity(m): 7:32am On Nov 25, 2012
Our sister Chimamanda says we remember differently and that Biafra should be thought in schools. Question: since we remember things differently, whose version should be taught in school then? The Western, Eastern, or Northern version?

Chimamanda and a lot of Igbos say Biafra was inevitable because of the Pogroms. That means there was going to be Biafra with or without Awo's speech. The Biafrans were going to do whatever they were going to do with or without Yoruba, so why accuse Yoruba of betrayal? I guess it is human nature to always look for whom to blame.

I find it difficult to believe Ms. Adichie could be so naive about war. She says Nigeria would have won the war anyway, so the blockade was not necessary! shocked shocked Really? Having more guns doesn't guarantee victory in war. Without the blockade, Biafra would have got more arms from the french and other nations. This would have prolonged the war and caused millions to perish on both sides just like it happened during the Iraq/Iran war.

Overall, the lady comes across as someone who truly wants reconciliation and healing of wounds. Achebe just comes across as a sulker. Achebe is right; this lady is wise beyond her years, wiser than Achebe I must say.

7 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Valon4ego(m): 8:15am On Nov 25, 2012
A man should not swallow poison because he's afraid to spit and offend others!

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by WarriPikin1: 8:33am On Nov 25, 2012
Eko Ile:

And what name are we talking about?

Writing and peddling the same biafra nonsense that only misguided ibo losers like ashebe and the rest of you clowns on NL swim in?

ibo people are shallow than 1 kobo sha.

Sometimes i wonder why Nigerians are such evil and conscienceless creatures. In so called communist China, when prisoners go on hunger strike, the mighty Chinese government often backs down on their demand.
In Nigeria, 2 million children were watched as they slowly died from starvation and people like Eko Ile think it's no big deal.No matter how strongly or who we blame for that war, it is wrong to starve those kids like that.

7 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by ACM10: 8:56am On Nov 25, 2012
Katsumoto: Story tellers should stick to telling stories.
What's the difference between a storyteller and a historian?

4 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by nku5: 8:58am On Nov 25, 2012
You are wasting your time trying to enlighten these soulless husks. They are too far gone to EVER be fully human. They look human, sound human, shyte and pee like humans but they are the walking dead. Even a 5year old who goes through Chimamanda's article can see the objectvity and neutrality of what she's saying. I'd rather listen to her than these internet apparitions who stand foor nothing and if care isn't taken will go to the grave without making a mark in this world

Warri _Pikin:

Sometimes i wonder why Nigerians are such evil and conscienceless creatures. In so called communist China, when prisoners go on hunger strike, the mighty Chinese government often backs down on their demand.
In Nigeria, 2 million children were watched as they slowly died from starvation and people like Eko Ile think it's no big deal.No matter how strongly or who we blame for that war, it is wrong to starve those kids like that.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Afam4eva(m): 9:01am On Nov 25, 2012
Kobojunkie:

You always come back with the most idi_otic of responses, have you noticed it yet? I asked if the EULOGY means the man is dead, or something since I know of no other reason for the praise session(umpteenth one I have read in a while of him), and you ask me if I want to die before him. What has to do with anything?

Is there some RULE on the ORDER in which people should die? What the frell does has my death(INEVITABLE CONSEQUENCE OF MY BEING HUMAN) got to do with this man's DEATH(another INEVITABLE CONSEQUENCE OF HIS BEING HUMAN).
The topic reads "Chinua Achebe at 82" and you''re asking if he's dead. of you wish him dead, it won't happen. You too dey find trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by ACM10: 9:23am On Nov 25, 2012

CAN YOU TELL ME WHY THE YORUBAS
ARE THE ONLY TRIBE WITH THE BUSINESS
OF DEBATING OR ARGUING WITH THE
IGBOS ABOUT THE WAR?
Can you respond to this question? You blabbing bullshyt.

Katsumoto:

Read Adichie's account again. How many times did she mention characters from the North with regards to the war?
She wrote the article bearing in mind the controversies it generated in Nigeria. Now tell me which tribe gave the most knee-jerk response(s) to Prof. Achebe's memoir? Why should she mention characters from the north when they hardly responded to the memoir?

Yet she managed to drag Awo's name into it and also of a phantom friend who was almost lynched by a mob that thought he/she was Igbo because he/she was light skinned. Are there no light skinned Yoruba folks?
I've seen many Yoruba folks attribute light skin to Igbos. One boldly declared that if they sees someone who is light-skinned in Ekiti, they quickly labels him/her "omo Ibo" until proven otherwise. Danjuma said in one of his interviews that northerners thought he was an Igbo because he is light-skinned. Why deny the obvious to score a cheap point.

Why did Adichie also need to go back into history back to 1952 (it was really 1951) to stress that Awo stopped Zik from being premier? Why didn't she talk about those pogroms against Ndigbo before Independence but which Ndigbo ignored before forming an alliance with the North?
How does pogrom relate to political alliance? BTW, NCNC formed alliance with NPC. Ndigbo did not form an alliance with the north. You use NCNC and Ndigbo interchangeably when it suits your purpose. Zik would have formed an alliance with Awolowo if he did not attempt to pull stunts on him. It's on record that Awo sent his deputy, Akintola to negotiate for an alliance with NPC while he was negotiating with Zik for a possible alliance. What do you have to say about Awo's treacherous conduct?

When you folks stop mentioning Yoruba folks in your whining, Yoruba folks will stop responding to you.
We can't divorce some Yoruba characters from the history of Nigeria. Whenever the debate comes up. Be sure to hear more of those Yoruba characters. We are telling you people the uncomfortable truth of the conducts of some of your past leaders. It's left for you to respond in the manner you deemed necessary. No one is whinning here. If telling history is whinning, I'd rather whine till I die.

5 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by ACM10: 9:39am On Nov 25, 2012
Warri _Pikin: I had always wanted to avoid this civil war debate largely going on between Igbos and Yoruba.
But Chimamanda mentioned something i had always had in my mind.Which is that Nigeria always knew it would defeat Biafra because it had more weapons,soldiers and the entire international community, so why then do you need to starve Igbos on top of it? I don't know who advised that policy,but it was a wicked over kill.
It is even more painful that in the end, Biafrans were defeated purely by military capture of all their towns and their airports. So why were those children starved to death?
Thank you my dear! Muchas gracias. cool For this comment from an ITSEKHIRI guy, I will seek the permission of our elders and the council of chiefs from my hometown of Ogidi in Anambra state to procure the title of "Eziokwu bu ndu(truth is life)" for you.

5 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by cfours: 9:52am On Nov 25, 2012
I am proud of her as a Nigerian but to me, she lacks originality.
She comes off as an Achebe wannabe. Ever since seeing her TED Talk "Dangers of a Single Story" I have doubted her originality.
It was a powerful talk but 90% of it was recycled Achebe ideas that she didn't fully credit as a source.

Chimamanda,I love you but try to work on being original. People should see you as Chimamanda rather than as Achebe wannabe.
Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by cfours: 11:07am On Nov 25, 2012
But the larger point Achebe makes is true, which is that the Igbo presence in Nigerian positions of power has been much reduced since the war. Before the war, many of Nigeria’s positions of power were occupied by Igbo people, in the military, politics, academia, business. Perhaps because the Igbo were very receptive to Western education,

This is the most senseless part of the article.
because you have Western education DOES NOT entitle you to rule Nigeria. No one is going to chase you around to give you posts just because you speak British English. Before the war, yes, many Igbos held positions of power but that was because our colonizer, Britain, put you in those positions of power. THey realized your tribe was less organized and best at kissing azz.

Once the British got kicked out and left Nigeria, you lost your advantage and decided you want to leave Nigeria too. That's a cowardly move.
Maybe your strength as a tribe lies in commerce rather than in politics.

You can't have it all. And you just appear to be a greedy, self-centered tribe the more you whine.
Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2012
Another biafran tale - yawns!

I actually feel sorry for the Yoruba guy who married into Achebe's family. I just hope he's alright mentally because there's only so much whining a person's brain can take... Jah be with him.... grin

*We shall whine forever*

Signed by the biafran b-25 plane that bombed Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by ACM10: 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
c.fours:

This is the most senseless part of the article.
because you have Western education DOES NOT entitle you to rule Nigeria. No one is going to chase you around to give you posts just because you speak British English. Before the war, yes, many Igbos held positions of power but that was because our colonizer, Britain, put you in those positions of power. THey realized your tribe was less organized and best at kissing azz.

Once the British got kicked out and left Nigeria, you lost your advantage and decided you want to leave Nigeria too. That's a cowardly move.
Maybe your strength as a tribe lies in commerce rather than in politics.

You can't have it all. And you just appear to be a greedy, self-centered tribe the more you whine.

^

I hope you are are not one of those people who complain about lack of meritocracy in Nigeria's system.

3 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by cfours: 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2012
ACM10:
^
I hope you are are not one of those people who complain about lack of meritocracy in Nigeria's system.

What's your point?
Last time I checked, Igboland is messed up politically and corruption is more rife there than SW. You seem to have your head in the clouds. One would think that Igboland was a 1st world Utopia based on the way many of your speak. ROTFL Just admit that you can't compete politically in the Nigerian system or any other system for that matter. If you always have to rely on others to appoint you to a post then srry you've failed.

the point is: Politics is about taking charge and organizing people. and Igbos tend to be very individualistic which works against them in this regard. Individualism is good for petty business and small trading but it becomes a problem in politics or corporate, complex business that requires sophisticated organization.

it's never too late to learn.

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by pazienza(m): 2:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
The british appointment and employment ethics were purely merit based,and when meritocracy is enthroned the igbo dominate. The fear of igbo domination pushed one nigerians to sacrifice merit on the altar of mediocrity aka federal character after the war,and by so doing commited suicide.

2 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by EkoIle1: 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2012
Warri _Pikin:

Was if right for Ojukwu to send you to war without food?

Was it right to go to war while depending on the same enemy you are shooting and killing to give you food to eat?

Was it right for ashebe and ojukwu hijack and divert food for their people to feed the rebel army?

Was if right for ashebe and ojukwu to deny landing rights to food aid groups trying to feed ibo people unless they pay bribe aka landing fees?

Answer these questions and re post your rubbish when you are done answering....

5 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
pazienza: The british appointment and employment ethics were purely merit based,and when meritocracy is enthroned the igbo dominate. The fear of igbo domination pushed one nigerians to sacrifice merit on the altar of mediocrity aka federal character after the war,and by so doing commited suicide.

Perhaps, power was also given to the North by the British based on merit, no? And the North were allowed to also dominate the military based on merit as well... When it favours your people, it's "merit based" - when it doesn't, it's federal character... grin

Or probably the Igbo people embraced colonial servitude before others, their individualism, and allowed westernisation to override their culture - hence why the British were more inclined towards the Igbos because they were willing tools for colonial control... This can't be far from the truth since Azikwe was a M15/M16 agent and he was used to rig the election that brought the North into power...

Hey, I'm not saying anything, I'm just thinking out loud here... wink

3 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by Afam4eva(m): 3:45pm On Nov 25, 2012
shymexx:

Perhaps, power was also given to the North by the British based on merit, no? And the North were allowed to also dominate the military based on merit as well... When it favours your people, it's "merit based" - when it doesn't, it's federal character... grin

Or probably the Igbo people embraced colonial servitude before others, their individualism, and allowed westernisation to override their culture - hence why the British were more inclined towards the Igbos because they were willing tools for colonial control... This can't be far from the truth since Azikwe was a M15/M16 agent and he was used to rig the election that brought the North into power...

Hey, I'm not saying anything, I'm just thinking out loud here... wink
Go and read about the introduction of indirect rule in Nigeria and you'll understand a lot.

Indirect rule was very successful in the North because over there they had central authorities in form of Traditional rulers who were respected and not to be challened.

In Yorubaland it was partially successful because they also has traditional rulers. But in Yorubaland, their traditional rulers did not wield the kind of power that those in the North had. But it was succesful to some extent.

Indirect rule failed in Igboland because of the egalitarian nature of Igbos. Igbos did not have a central authority like the North and the West and so, they were very difficult to penetrate.

That's why the British left the running of the country to the the North because they were easily swayed through their central authorities. So, the North controled the government but the civil service from the south to the North was dominated by Igbos and other southerners. That's because there was merit to a large extent. If merit were to be returned to Nigeria you will see how Igbos, Yorubas and other southern groups will dominate the scheme of things in Nigeria. It's a no-brainer.

4 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by ACM10: 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2012
shymexx:

[s]Or probably the Igbo people embraced colonial servitude before others, their individualism, and allowed westernisation to override their culture - hence why the British were more inclined towards the Igbos because they were willing tools for colonial control... This can't be far from the truth since Azikwe was a M15/M16 agent and he was used to rig the election that brought the North into power...

Hey, I'm not saying anything, I'm just thinking out loud here...[/s] wink
Sometimes I question the quality of your education. You are so ignorant. Facts cannot be changed with logic. Don't think that you sound intelligent. Get some books and read before commenting on some topics. I will suggest that you read this book to get an insight on how the North was able to dominate the military after independence.

*Nigeria's Five Majors by Ben Gbulie.

There are several books which you can read on how the North came to dominate the political sphere. But the root of it is on the census carried out by the British before the independence.

I have to cancel the remaining part of your comment because it's a load of excrement.

3 Likes

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by ak47mann(m): 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2012
[/quote] cool cool
Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by ak47mann(m): 4:17pm On Nov 25, 2012
Crayola1:

Coming from Captain Pseudo Intellectual cheesy She has a name for herself while you have to remain content with regurgitating other peoples' works to your bigoted hoard of fans on Nairaland. The day You have an idea, an original one dear, will be the day that Satan himself skates on the ice of the North Pole. What does Katsumoto know that hasn't been sourced from daily romps on Google? I always laugh at your "fans" who peg you for being clever, we all can be clever if we borrow every idea and thought in our head grin

Stick to recounting Yoruba history, its about all you are good at I'm afraidcry

cool cool cool
Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by ak47mann(m): 4:24pm On Nov 25, 2012
9ja voice:

me too i wonder
Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by ak47mann(m): 4:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
Eko Ile:

Was if right for Ojukwu to send you to war without food?

Was it right to go to war while depending on the same enemy you are shooting and killing to give you food to eat?

Was it right for ashebe and ojukwu hijack and divert food for their people to feed the rebel army?

Was if right for ashebe and ojukwu to deny landing rights to food aid groups trying to feed ibo people unless they pay bribe aka landing fees?

Answer these questions and re post your rubbish when you are done answering....

i no you people have short memories so i will always remind you that food aid agencies where being shot down by nigerian soldiers or do u want evidence on that one?truth is making you people have sleepless night deal with it...

1 Like

Re: Chinua Achebe At 82: 'We Remember Differently' - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie by cheikh: 4:56pm On Nov 25, 2012
truth4meal
C.Adichie in this piece[b] just want to be Igbo[/b] - its Igbo to support the war and blame Awolowo for Ojukwu's imprudent resolve to war. Nothing new in the piece just the same broad "day-lie" retailed to the Igbos of old and inherited by the Adichies of this new day. With myriad effusive documents exhumed by C.Achebe's memoir one would have expected C.Adichie to draw insights from them and be not just Igbo but human. She retailed the inherited lies she devoured and distance herself from documents which are candid witness of the war. I respect this piece as a literary show-off. I respect the piece as C.Adichie's opinion. I respect her right to remember differently. The only problem I ve with this piece is the laziness of C.Adichie or should I say the deliberate laziness of C.Adichie which makes this piece an excerpt from C.Achebe's memoir. The future is privilege to have some candid documents that will make the lie of the past to be JUST LIE

@^^ Are you for real? What else do you want her to be if not Igbo? Bro, you are definitely in danger of lacking "Empathy" as she wrote. There lies our collective inertia [/b]and inability to appreciate our collective history because we do not want to [b]think let alone empathise with the "other" shocked .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Don't Link Pantami To Yakowa's Death - Reverend Hayab, Ex-Governor's Aide Warns / I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose / Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.