Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,597 members, 7,820,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry (8384 Views)

The Bitter Truth For Struggling Guys In Relationships / Poisons Naija Guys Take To Satisfy Naija Girls In Bed / The Reason Why Naija Girls Are Rude! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by samparian(m): 4:18am On Apr 29, 2009
God knows that i wont marry and bring my wife abroad. Once i go home, i'm settling in naija with my family, pure and simple.
There are good naija girls who come abroad and still behave responsibly but many arrive and misbehave.
when they arrive, they'll see younger, richer, and sexier men who wont mind spending big bucks on their ass. They soon start partying and shit hits the fan.
I dated girls from various countries and no matter how loving they are, they'll misbehave at one point.
I had a girl who was always pissed at me if she walks into my apartment and i'm playing video games, or watching a movie. she always wants my undivided attention whenever she's around.
she always wants me to see her off everytime she visits(even when i'm tired), she clings to me whenever we go out, kissing and cuddling and she always wants to know where i am.
One night, we had a slight arguement and she put on her clothes and asked me to unlock my apartment door, that she was leaving. it was about 1am.
i had to beg her to lower her voice and calm down. i even knelt down that day shocked(imagine, i've never done that for a naija girl).
if she called the cops or a neighbor called them, haba, na wahala.
oyinbo girls no be am, i swear.
just pray for a good wife, chikena
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 29, 2009
my advice for those in diaspora is that they should never make the mistake of going back home to marry,,,a friend of mine made this mistake and he is living to regret the action.I also know of a guy in texas who married a babe from naija,,this lady got to US,went to school to study nursing,eventually she started dating other black americans even after 2 kids.At the end,her husband was beaten up by these american guys,,and this hangered the guy who now as a result frustration killed the lady in question.
Nigeria has changed dramatically if you want to marry either in US or Naija,pls first thing is to use your head! Don't marry a girl because you think she can be morally upright cos she is from African,don't marry a girl cos you think she was well brought up,,there is more to marriage tha all those.Whether diaspora or Naija babes, there is no guarantee!

WORD!!!! Whether diaspora or Naija babes, there is no guarantee!
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by 4Play(m): 6:54am On Apr 29, 2009
@Samparian

Your woman told you she's leaving at 1am? Good riddance, I say. Wasn't she an adult? People do travel around at that time of the night anyway.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by samparian(m): 7:23am On Apr 29, 2009
i knew she didnt want to leave. she just wanted to make noise that night.
If she seriously wanted to leave she would just have unlocked the door herself and walked out. No need to shout that i should open the door for her.
you suppose understand all these oyibo chics. them take style dey craze sometimes grin
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by maray(f): 7:58am On Apr 29, 2009
I hope our guys abroad will get over dis mentality dat girls frm nigeria will make good wife than those of us in diaspora,i actually love men in nigeria,i just wish they would see how ridiculous they are and respect,love and cherish women d way they derseve. lipsrsealed
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by debosky(m): 8:04am On Apr 29, 2009
I agree completely maray. As a guy in the diaspora I refuse to go to naija when a lovely woman like you over here. On that note, can I get to know you? wink
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by maray(f): 8:10am On Apr 29, 2009
@ debosky,luckily i found one on nl,i just hope d guy is 4 real,am tired of fake guys.U know women are like flowers is good to make hay while d sun shines.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by OgidiBoy(m): 8:12am On Apr 29, 2009
maray:

@ debosky,luckily i found one on nl,i just hope d guy is 4 real,am tired of fake guys.U know women are like flowers is good to make hay while d sun shines.

Just saw your pic shocked shocked shocked OMG!! if it don't work out for you and the bobo pls let me know right away embarassed
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by surface(f): 8:16am On Apr 29, 2009
@ maray,dont tell me of all places u are dating a guy u met on nairaland upon all d nice and cute guys in uk,anyway a word is enough 4 a wise,no better guy online,they are nothing but FAKE,so good luck 2 u shocked
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by samparian(m): 8:48am On Apr 29, 2009
we're not all fake, my dear
Though i dont live in naija, and i honestly prefer "a been there, done that", kind of lady who has really decided to settle down.
most chics back home will quickly jump into a marriage with any bobo that just returned. i really hate that
check out my profile
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by justwise(m): 8:52am On Apr 29, 2009
@ surface,

How many 'online men' have u met to reach that conclusion? online men are as bad/good as online women.
Where do u think is the best place to meet bf/hubby? church? wake up.

Thats a very narrow minded comment.

NOW to the other issue.
Going home to marry sounds very good and many pple that does that have their reasons BUT it ends in tears sometimes.
My mate just did that though the wife is still in nigeria with a good job, the issue now is: can she get the same good job here? can she cope with the cultural shock? what will that do to the marriage?

I'm in that position now, i will be happy to meet a decent nigerian girl here for serious rela/ship then marriage at the same time, i'm thinking of home option as well.
Marrying here saves u alot of headache, e.g bring her here, settling her down, getting used to the system, etc.

I have dated all colours, nationalities, etc women are as bad as men, just go for the one that will stomach your nonsense just as u will stomach her's
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by surface(f): 8:56am On Apr 29, 2009
Most of d guys i met online,as soon they knew u based abroad,d next thing is asking u 4 mobile phones,laptops,how they can open a paypal account as if they swear 4 them,nigeria guys love camera phone too much
@maray,hope d guy has not ask u for camera fancy phone yet grin grin grin
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by justwise(m): 9:05am On Apr 29, 2009
@surface,

The same can be said about Nigerian girl i met online, that does not mean that they are all asking for mobile phone, laptop and stuff, yes i have met pple like that, at the same time, i have met nigerian girls who never ask for any gift or my number.

Don't paint all with the same brush. I do understand the point you made
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by surface(f): 9:11am On Apr 29, 2009
I personally prefer a guy dat is already in d system not someone dat u will bring fr nigeria at d end of the day he will definately Bleep u up,although guys abroad prefer a girl dat is not in d system becos they can easily cheat her.I love guys wit cool winter blood cheesy
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 9:14am On Apr 29, 2009
@ Maray

We are FOR REAL!! We aint FAKE!! GBA!!! Good Luck! cool
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by samparian(m): 9:15am On Apr 29, 2009
true talk.
even relations call and ask you to call them back. when you do, they demand for one thing or the other as if we pick money from the streets over here.
The most annoying one is the flashing! they flash and wake you up from sleep, believing that you'll see their number and call back.
i had to change mt mobile number last year when it got out of hand
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by samparian(m): 9:17am On Apr 29, 2009
@ surface
i hate winter, its the worst weather
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by samparian(m): 9:21am On Apr 29, 2009
@ faakay,
Ni hao ma. Ni nali?
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by justwise(m): 9:41am On Apr 29, 2009
Surface u are funny honestly, consider stand up comedy. u prefer the cold winter blood guys? hahah. i thougt that hot blooded blokes are better?haha
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by surface(f): 9:48am On Apr 29, 2009
i love guys abroad becos everything about them is cool,2 conferm what am saying,try and compare pic taken in Europe 2 d one taking at home,even if d bobo 4 europe is ugly is face will still be cool,same thing applies 2 his hmmmm cool
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by justwise(m): 9:53am On Apr 29, 2009
hahaha, Surface see ur GP asap, it depend on camera used not really abt location.God! u are a nightmare Surface
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by whitelexi(m): 9:53am On Apr 29, 2009
Naija babes in naija know how to treat a man right, a lot better than naija babes in the west.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by AmakaOne(f): 9:59am On Apr 29, 2009
chai!!

see NL guys doing self promotion.

na wah for una o!!
girls no dey wey una live?
School, grocery store, library and work nko?

even church sef.
Na 4 NL una dey look 4 wifey?

***smh**
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by whitelexi(m): 10:01am On Apr 29, 2009
AMAKAONE:

chai!!

see NL guys doing self promotion.

na wah for una o!!
girls no dey wey una live?

even church sef.
Na 4 NL una dey look 4 wifey?

***smh**

Leave all options open, u never know where it'll happen grin
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by justwise(m): 10:11am On Apr 29, 2009
@whitelexi,
My point exactly!!!
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by ijleke(f): 10:27am On Apr 29, 2009
@ poster very interesting topic i have lived abroad over ten years now,,,, am 24 now most guys here wen they are ready to marry they go home. i have tried asking why the reason are so lame that it makes me laugh sometimes.
- because i want the person that can understand my language
- there is always a differnce
- these girls here are wild ( they dont know there right from left)
- you can find a decent gal and so on and on and on
My findings have also made me to understand that those guys that go home and marry some chick that they hardly know, there marriages are always on the LEAP is either they are not happy or they still flirt and the compitition here between wives brought from nigeria is so high.( Cars, etc) so its a very serious issue.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by AmakaOne(f): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2009
ijleke:

@ poster very interesting topic i have lived abroad over ten years now,,,, am 24 now most guys here wen they are ready to marry they go home. i have tried asking why the reason are so lame that it makes me laugh sometimes.
- because i want the person that can understand my language
- there is always a differnce
- these girls here are wild  ( they dont know there right from left)
- you can find a decent gal and so on and on and on
My findings have also made me to understand that those guys that go home and marry some chick that they hardly know,  there marriages are always on the LEAP is either they are not happy or they still flirt and the compitition here between wives brought from nigeria is so high.( Cars, etc) so its a very serious issue.

That's too messed up.

I think  it just smacks of self esteem issues and a lack of self knowledge and succumbing to family and peer pressure.

In a nutshell,  A man who does not know himself well enough and in my opinion should not be marrying in the first place.

I can't imagine what makes an educated, ( mind I said educated nt certificated) man who has grown and matured and lived over 12 -15 years outside of Naija think going to Naija to marry a woman he barely knows could possibly be in his best interests?

It truly boggles the mind.

I still ask, 

Naija girls no dey wey una live?

even church sef.
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by MrCrackles(m): 10:37am On Apr 29, 2009
Topic

If a nigerian dude wants to go home and get married, then kosher!

It is what he his happy with at the end of the day innit?!
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by AmakaOne(f): 10:41am On Apr 29, 2009
MrCrackles:

Topic

If a nigerian dude wants to go home and get married, then kosher!

It is what he his happy with at the end of the day innit?!

Sharaway jor,

We know say Jenifa dey wait you in Ayetoro.
Carry go nah, this na discussion for serious peeps!

Suliat kan. Ayetoro kan
tongue
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by bluespice(f): 10:43am On Apr 29, 2009
its all up to them
tho the mentality that girls back home r better is a horrible dream gone wrong wake up fellas
they r the same everywhere,
it only depends on the individual n her personality
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by surface(f): 12:23pm On Apr 29, 2009
may be
Re: Why Naija Guys In The Diaspora Go Home To Marry by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2009
@ samparian

@ faakay,
Ni hao ma. Ni nali?

Wo hen hao! Wo zar NairaLand,   grin  ni ne?  grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Are Both As Genotype,what Is The Way Out? / HOT! 10 Reasons Why Curvy Girls Are Absolutely Great In Bed / I Consider Myself Too Hot For Nigerian Girls (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.