Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,792 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

$240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo (25440 Views)

God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / Julius Malema To Visit T.B Joshua To ‘Ask For Blessings’ / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by ypzilanti: 8:00am On Nov 30, 2012
bory09: Where you sow thou shall you reap. Where you work thou shall you enjoy. Give and it be given unto you. Everything has gain so my people stop criticising.

Do you know that China has 300 billionaires? Billionaires in dollars. Buddhist Billionaires.

Also China has one million millionaires. Millionaires in dollars. Buddhist Millionaires.

If your country is progressing, the citizens will progress too.

If you like sow from now to next year as a citizen of Somalia or Mali,or Afghanistan...good luck with reaping anything.

If the Church is really interested in the physical well being of its members, they should start asking the government to do its work to transform lives.

8 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by TableLeg(m): 8:01am On Nov 30, 2012
This is ridiculous ... What rights and special powers does Ashimolowo have, to give blessings to his fellow human beings?
If this is true, then i think Ashimolowo should be categorized in the same cadre as armed robbers and looters ....
what nonsense?!
Money for blessings? Lord have mercy ... Stealing and looting from the pulpit is now brazen and non-systematic!

3 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Syncan(m): 8:02am On Nov 30, 2012
Bestlyf:
It all boils down to personal understanding. I was in one of his meeting sometimes this year whe he called for $100, which I don't have at the time and I wanted give something by all means(my personal decision). I did give what I had and moved on. I guess my testimony must have been greater than those who gave the $100. Its a faith issue.

I'm happy you have a testimony in your lips but please do not ascribe it to this fraud of money for blessing, He that put the testimony in your life showed examples all over scripture. Learn it now and stop supporting such fraud else He decides to prove it to you Himself..I do not wish that for you.

1 Like

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Sleek05(f): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2012
mosun_ade: Whats all that about? All churches do that. Inclusive of Redeem. It is not by force, so, what are you crying about? If you have you give, if you dont, you sit still. When they call for special offerings, it could be for specific projects, programmes or some community work somewhere. Why do you all assume it is so they could defraud people? People willingly give millions, because they have been so so blessed, but because you are broke and poor, you think it is a taboo or 419 for people to give money in church. SMH. If you understand the principle of giving, you will every week look for the nearest church to give something to, but if you dont, you will continue to think like a pauper and blame yourself when you find people progressing from God's hundred fold blessings.

I kinda agree wit u. Can dis whinin abt pastors stop? One thn I believe is dat ppl dat sow reap. I don't think people r fools, if they r not blessed or don't get an increase, dey won't give. Its as simple as dat but dey continue 2 give cuz diaz a visible result. Its dat simple! Why r we now takin panadol 4 oda people's headache? Its their money, not urs n dey choose wat dey want to use it for... attended ashimolowo's programme once whr he asked 4 dis 100 dollar seed, after dose dat could afford it had given, he asked d congregation 2 stand up n blessed evrybody...including those that could not afford and those dat didn't give.
Experience 2012 is round d corner, d'yu kno how many millions is spent on dat event every year If ppl dont sow 2wards it, how will it be possible so pls can d whining stop already? D all-knowin God blesses each man accordin 2 his heart!

2 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 8:04am On Nov 30, 2012
Deep Sight: Earlier this week (Tuesday, I believe) Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo was at HICC Church in Gbagada as a Guest Preacher.

He informed the audience that there is something he does which is called a 24 hour blessing in which those who tap into it receive a huge blessing within 24 hours. According to the Pastor, Those who wanted this special blessing were to come out and line up and sow a seed of USD $ 240.00 (Two hundred and forty USD).

He informed the congregation that there is also another special blessing which requires paying $100 and also asked those paying this sum to come out and form a second line.

He further said that those who wanted both special blessings should come forth and form a third queue between both queues and come out with $340.

All queues were full, long and crowded.

I was informed of this by a relative of mine who is a member of the Church and was filled with disgust.

He wondered why these "blessings" are not available to those who could not afford such sums.

Yes nairalanders this story is 100% authentic. I witnessed similar incident in benin city where this same "man of god" collected exactly this kind of offering, it was at a church named (firm foundation) obviously he goes around the country collecting similar offerings from gullible individuals who do not know any better. Its sad

2 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Syncan(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2012
ypzilanti:

Do you know that China has 300 billionaires? Billionaires in dollars. Buddhist Billionaires.

Also China has one million millionaires. Millionaires in dollars. Buddhist Millionaires.

If your country is progressing, the citizens will progress too.

If you like sow from now to next year as a citizen of Somalia or Mali,or Afghanistan...good luck with reaping anything.

If the Church is really interested in the physical well being of its members, they should start asking the government to do its work to transform lives.

You've said it all
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by jtroy(m): 8:09am On Nov 30, 2012
i live in london and it is confirmed without any doubt that this same man just bought a 53 acres of land at essex worth about £5million. i work with a couple who attends his church and i over heard them

2 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by janejive(f): 8:10am On Nov 30, 2012
I prefer giving to the poor anytime anyday.

6 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Jeeztinz: 8:11am On Nov 30, 2012
[qauote author=plaetton]Hey Deepsight.
Nice to see you.
We missed you around here.

As for those who want to criticize Matthew Ashi-Ole, remember that the universe is very vast and very expensive to run , with all the galaxies, stars, planets and so on, and with all the huge overheads required to run them.
Do any of you know the salary of an angel?
Even Satan is kept on a retainer to make sure he plays his own part.
S please, stop complaining.
God needs your money. [/quote] u must be a fool for this comment. This is blasphemy. God doesnt need your money
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by ABAKA72(m): 8:13am On Nov 30, 2012
Deep Sight: Earlier this week (Tuesday, I believe) Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo was at HICC Church in Gbagada as a Guest Preacher.

He informed the audience that there is something he does which is called a 24 hour blessing in which those who tap into it receive a huge blessing within 24 hours. According to the Pastor, Those who wanted this special blessing were to come out and line up and sow a seed of USD $ 240.00 (Two hundred and forty USD).

He informed the congregation that there is also another special blessing which requires paying $100 and also asked those paying this sum to come out and form a second line.

He further said that those who wanted both special blessings should come forth and form a third queue between both queues and come out with $340.

I was informed of this by a relative of mine who is a member of the Church and was filled with disgust.

He wondered why these "blessings" are not available to those who could not afford such sums.
Among the crooked MOG Ashimolowo is the creziest.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 30, 2012
Jeeztinz:

u must be a fool for this comment. This is blasphemy. God doesnt need your money

Plaetton was just being sarcastic, he is an atheist!
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by pizzle234(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2012
janejive: I prefer giving to the poor anytime anyday.

Nice 1
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by ypzilanti: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2012
Sleek05:

I kinda agree wit u. Can dis whinin abt pastors stop? One thn I believe is dat ppl dat sow reap. I don't think people r fools, if they r not blessed or don't get an increase, dey won't give. Its as simple as dat but dey continue 2 give cuz diaz a visible result. Its dat simple! Why r we now takin panadol 4 oda people's headache? Its their money, not urs n dey choose wat dey want to use it for... attended ashimolowo's programme once whr he asked 4 dis 100 dollar seed, after dose dat could afford it had given, he asked d congregation 2 stand up n blessed evrybody...including those that could not afford and those dat didn't give.
Experience 2012 is round d corner, d'yu kno how many millions is spent on dat event every year If ppl dont sow 2wards it, how will it be possible so pls can d whining stop already? D all-knowin God blesses each man accordin 2 his heart!

On the contrary, people are fools.

People gamble and loose money, yet they keep gambling.

People marry known unreformed drunkards and prostitutes all the time.

People have committed mass suicide while following so called 'MOGs'. Do you know where the term 'drink the kool aid' came from? Google the phrase.

Do you know that the Eiffel tower has been 'sold' to gullible human beings before?

Fools abound, and these pastorprenuers prey on them like predators. If you like don't go and start something productive with your life and pray to God to bless it. Be following 'god of men' up and down hoping for miracles.

These men are working hard in their own profession, writing books, attending seminars, doing TV program, thinking of new ways to get church members to release money. You are sitting on your a@s waiting to get rich.

Just like gold, a true Man of God is a rare thing. Most 'Christians' are not educated enough in the Bible, or spiritual enough to know them...

But all you need as a Christian to guide you is there in the Bible. The example of Jesus life is the standard for any Man of God. Anyone that is not Christlike in behavior and teaching is a fraud.

10 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 30, 2012
All of una just dey shout up and down. The question is, when he asked people to sow, did he take the money away with him? He couldn't have. The money was meant for the branch he ministered in. Someone said he did the same in OAU. The money was meant for OAU christian association or whatever they are called. Most people are just using this attack on pastors and money as a justification for their stinginess and strong reluctance to give.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by ochukoccna: 8:31am On Nov 30, 2012
May the true God who saved,raised &sent a Martin Luther to burst the Catholic Church scams of his day raise up save,raise&send a 21st century Martin Luther to expose this cunning craftiness of decietful plotting originating from men whose god is their belly and turn the faith of people to the power of God away from this sensual wisdom of men
Amen
Even if all you have read is the New Testament,you'll know this dude&his ilk are scammers.
Africans need to exorcise this witch doctor annointing mindset we use in relating with this men

2 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 30, 2012
holamiday: All of una just dey shout up and down. The question is, when he asked people to sow, did he take the money away with him? He couldn't have. The money was meant for the branch he ministered in. Someone said he did the same in OAU. The money was meant for OAU christian association or whatever they are called. Most people are just using this attack on pastors and money as a justification for their stinginess and strong reluctance to give.

And if he does that same thing in his Church, where do you think the money will go? Smh
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by dljbd1(m): 8:34am On Nov 30, 2012
This can't be true!
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by emeka762001(m): 8:36am On Nov 30, 2012
He needs to buy his own private jet a beg tht is if he hadnt one before. using dis opportunity to invite u all to my church. Direct Entry to heaven ministry. Pls come wt ur tithe when coming. Miracle awaits u. Thanks for coming.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by TableLeg(m): 8:37am On Nov 30, 2012
holamiday: All of una just dey shout up and down. The question is, when he asked people to sow, did he take the money away with him? He couldn't have. The money was meant for the branch he ministered in. Someone said he did the same in OAU. The money was meant for OAU christian association or whatever they are called. Most people are just using this attack on pastors and money as a justification for their stinginess and strong reluctance to give.
You are a daylight buffoo/n!
So because he didnt take the money away with him, it doesnt mean it will end up in his pockets or bank accounts?
You are daft .. Very daft and you are one of the brainwashed goats and if you are not careful, you will end up donating the clothes you are wearing to Ashimolowo and his ilks .... Wake up and smell the coffee, your pastors and men of God are thieving vagabonds!

6 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 30, 2012
Most people are very ignorant. You all attack pastors as if they empty the offering bag in their car booths and they drive home every sunday. Do you know the things churches do? Don't you know churches give bountifully too. All these sick people shown on AIT who need millions of naira, who do you think provides those 'monies', Dr Olukoya pays the school fees of hundreds of people in his church, he gives out brand new cars, laptops, churches have orphanages, churches have welfare committee, churches pay salaries, gives to widows and poor people within the church,the list is endless. There are many good things happening in our society singlehandedly done by individual churches. How come you people don't commend these things, all you see is a pastor who is enjoying things you wish you had.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by biggybig(f): 8:50am On Nov 30, 2012

....the people who gave ddnt complain why are ye spiritual fools here complaining?
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by biggybig(f): 8:51am On Nov 30, 2012

....the people who gave ddnt complain why are ye spiritual fools here complaining?
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by biggybig(f): 8:52am On Nov 30, 2012

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by TableLeg(m): 8:54am On Nov 30, 2012
biggybig: ....the people who gave ddnt complain why are ye spiritual fools here complaining?
Its a no brainer ... You are among one of the gullible and brainwashed oxymoro/ns who gave!
Keep giving, keep suffering in abject poverty and sheer penury whilst your pastors buy Bombardiers and choice properties all over the world with your money
Very soon you will be down to your bare bones and have nothing else to give apart from your bra and pant, which unfortunately wont be acceptable!

3 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by biggybig(f): 8:55am On Nov 30, 2012

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2012
Table Leg :

You are a daylight buffoo/n!
So because he didnt take the money away with him, it doesnt mean it will end up in his pockets or bank accounts?
You are daft .. Very daft and you are one of the brainwashed goats and if you are not careful, you will end up donating the clothes you are wearing to Ashimolowo and his ilks .... Wake up and smell the coffee, your pastors and men of God are thieving vagabonds!
Eh this guy dey vex o. Na me you curse like this? lipsrsealed
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by bankylan: 8:58am On Nov 30, 2012
I will not give unto God, that which costs me nothing....Folks, it is a matter of spiritual maturity. The principle of getting is by giving. I don't pray for money, when I need one, I look for an opportunity to sow a seed. When you plant a seed, harvest must come. A lot of Christians pray for money for years, and have not seen money. The basic principle is by sowing seed. Pastor Ashimolowo is a seed sower, that is why God has blessed him. A black man owing a TV STATION in the UK..YOU can confirm KICC TV. The church's land was taken years ago for use by the British authority, this year they gave them a large expanse of land, and still compensated the church.You can also confirm this online. How much is 340usd to give God? Mind you, the money does not come to his pocket. I have not seen any wealthy Christian who is not a giver.....A lot of guys here are placing eternal curses on themselves, and I pity many people here.
My life is a testimony of the benefits of seed sowing. When I was jobless, I sowed.I had the opportunity of being paid by church as an instrumentalist, and I could have as well seen myself as a poor jobless graduate. But for once, I never regarded myself as one of the masses. I declined a bait of being given a hand-out'. I started sowing. God has given a job, a wife, a daughter, a house,and a future. For the rest of my life, I want to sow seed. Every opportunity I have, I want to sow seed. This is the only thing that works for me as a Christian. There is a PERSON of Christ, and a PRINCIPLE of Christ. His principle is what you need to succeed on earth, His person-for the sake of eternity. One of His principles is to be a seed sower, if you want harvest.
None of you critics give to the poor as much as Pastor Matthew, none of you has made impact on this planet like him. Pastor Matthew himself is a seed sower that has given cars and houses to many people. Whatever you say does not reduce him, it only impairs your own destiny. Mind you, I am not his advocate, I am only concerned about the level of ignorance in this part of the world and how devil has conditioned the mind of people. For those who like to give to the poor, before you give to the poor, give your first fruit, your tithe, your offering, give to your parents, your family, then o the poor.This is the order of heaven.Many give to the poor to get the accolades of men, but God is a jealous God. Cain's offering was rejected just because he did not give God his first fruit. Guys, may God enlighten you the more. But as for me, I want to be a seed sower for the rest of my life. And, I will not give unto God that which costs me nothing.

4 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by mruwaifo(m): 9:02am On Nov 30, 2012
I have found that wherever there is a gathering of people and there is no room for individuals to reason out issues or to interact directly , just about any manner of senselessness becomes permissible . I once watched the recording of a spiritual leader convince his congregation to feed poison to themselves and their kids and they did it right on the spot .Over 900 people died on that occasion and the 2 individuals who survived the encounter were surprised that they even considered the call to suicide by their leader at the time .

The call for 24 hour miracle is a deception that is suitable for a generation of people who are in a hurry to unknown destinations . In the video the speaker makes self serving reference to David and Joseph in swaying the congregation to making 24 hour miracle seeds. However :

1 . David dint sow a 24 hour seed to rule . He had worked on himself and his walk with God ; slaying a bear and a lion before encountering goliath .

2. Joseph dint sow a 24 hour seed to rule .He had a record of interpreting dreams years before he was called to the palace .

How then can a farmer sow a a seed and expect harvest in 24 hours ?

2 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Syncan(m): 9:08am On Nov 30, 2012
bankylan: I will not give unto God, that which costs me nothing....Folks, it is a matter of spiritual maturity. The principle of getting is by giving. I don't pray for money, when I need one, I look for an opportunity to sow a seed. When you plant a seed, harvest must come. A lot of Christians pray for money for years, and have not seen money. The basic principle is by sowing seed. Pastor Ashimolowo is a seed sower, that is why God has blessed him. A black man owing a TV STATION in the UK..YOU can confirm KICC TV. The church's land was taken years ago for use by the British authority, this year they gave them a large expanse of land, and still compensated the church.You can also confirm this online. How much is 340usd to give God? Mind you, the money does not come to his pocket. I have not seen any wealthy Christian who is not a giver.....A lot of guys here are placing eternal curses on themselves, and I pity many people here.
My life is a testimony of the benefits of seed sowing. When I was jobless, I sowed.I had the opportunity of being paid by church as an instrumentalist, and I could have as well seen myself as a poor jobless graduate. But for once, I never regarded myself as one of the masses. I declined a bait of being given a hand-out'. I started sowing. God has given a job, a wife, a daughter, a house,and a future. For the rest of my life, I want to sow seed. Every opportunity I have, I want to sow seed. This is the only thing that works for me as a Christian. There is a PERSON of Christ, and a PRINCIPLE of Christ. His principle is what you need to succeed on earth, His person-for the sake of eternity. One of His principles is to be a seed sower, if you want harvest.
None of you critics give to the poor as much as Pastor Matthew, none of you has made impact on this planet like him. Pastor Matthew himself is a seed sower that has given cars and houses to many people. Whatever you say does not reduce him, it only impairs your own destiny. Mind you, I am not his advocate, I am only concerned about the level of ignorance in this part of the world and how devil has conditioned the mind of people. For those who like to give to the poor, before you give to the poor, give your first fruit, your tithe, your offering, give to your parents, your family, then o the poor.This is the order of heaven.Many give to the poor to get the accolades of men, but God is a jealous God. Cain's offering was rejected just because he did not give God his first fruit. Guys, may God enlighten you the more. But as for me, I want to be a seed sower for the rest of my life. And, I will not give unto God that which costs me nothing.

I doubt if any one has a problem with the act of giving or "sowing seed" as the case may be, more so, basing the visible financial wealth of individual as a sign of their closeness to God is erroneous. However, unless you've proclaimed the said pastor a saint;some of his actions will have to be criticized. $240,$100 for blessing? give me break, this is not sowing seed, this is selling "blessing".

2 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 30, 2012
Table Leg :

Its a no brainer ... You are among one of the gullible and brainwashed oxymoro/ns who gave!
Keep giving, keep suffering in abject poverty and sheer penury whilst your pastors buy Bombardiers and choice properties all over the world with your money
Very soon you will be down to your bare bones and have nothing else to give apart from your bra and pant, which unfortunately wont be acceptable!
Table leg grin i percieve something is vexing you apart from this thread. You joined nairaland not long and 70% of your total posts are insults. I suggest you go seek peace outside here and stop venting your anger insulting people who know nothing about your problems. No offence o, i just dropped a word of advice.

2 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by SELFWORTH: 9:11am On Nov 30, 2012
I saw one of these on the gospel channels and to say I was disappointed was an understatement . This time they were asking for 150,000 naira iin Nigeria .I quickly switched the channels.

I thought Pastor Matthew was different. Is this how he made his money by selling salvation? You can't blame him though. Some people were rushing to the altar . I couldn't believe my eyes . Rushing to buy a miracle forgetting that God is NOT a money doubler .
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 30, 2012
tobechi74: I dont tink i blive dis. Plz confirm

What do you mean. Me self don stand for queue b4. You never see $1000 queue before

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Donates €2000 To Great Ormond Hospital, UK (Pics) / Checkout My Christmas Gift / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.