Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

$240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo (25439 Views)

God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / Julius Malema To Visit T.B Joshua To ‘Ask For Blessings’ / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Brisingr(m): 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2012
preciousoz: Stupidity is when you dont have a bicycle and you give your last penny to your pastor to buy a jet.......
Mumu is when you cant pay your childrens school fees and yet have money to contribute to your church to build expensive school which your children will never attend...Ignora­nce is when you believe it when
your pastors tells you not to live worldly life, and yet he enjoys all the best things in the world, the fine houses, cars, jets, babes etc, while you are waiting till you get to heaven to enjoy your own....Idiocy is when you refuse to take your very sick child to the hospital because your pastor said you should not do so, yet that same pastor secretly runs to USA for medical attention any time he has an headache...Kolo­ is when you see a poor beggar on the road and you refuse to give him 50 naira out of the 5000 naira in your pocket because it is your tithe money....You are a zombie when you trek, dance and gallivant for 30 kilometers under the hot sun sweating and smelling like shit during your revival program, while your pastor is inside a full option, factory fitted air-conditioned­ state of the art SUV with his delectable wife slowing driving along the road.
Stop worshiping your pastors!!! They are human being like you, they dont have no power! If they had power they claim they have, Nigeria would not be the way it is.
am still undecided about the recent jet setting life styles of our MOG's they do some good but so do our muslim brothers and i don't know any with a jet setting lifestyle. That been said the story of elijah and the widow that gave up food belonging to her and her child for elijah is a shining example of seed sowing.as she reaped bountifully,one time elijah even resurrected her child.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by dammytex: 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2012
hmmmm Na wa oh

Let me start by saying I worship at KICC here at Maryland, Lagos Nigeria which happens to be the Nigerian HQ of KICC under Pastor Femi.

24hr miracle is a trademark message that Pastor Mathew has preached in over 100 churches worldwide. In fact, I don't think he'd stop anytime soon.

Giving is a matter of personal conviction. No matter what you say here, people will NEVER stop giving and pastors will NEVER stop encouraging people to give. THE TRUTH REMAINS THAT THERE IS POWER IN GIVING. Of course its not for everybody to believe. Nobody even sows better than these pastors if you care to believe.

For those of us that worship at KICC, we have sowed different variants of the 24hr seed. Sometimes its N24,000, 24 USD, 24USD. There is another one he encourages us to sow also; its called "blessing of a thousand times more than our fathers". Sometimes we also sowed for God's blessing taking us into another dimension of breakthrough. It's never an issue of do-or-die. Sow if you believe and if you don't, pls stay back.

I purposely wrote this to let you know that some people don't have problem sowing to these prophesies. If you call us fools, we'll tell you God bless you. For someone like me, I always look for an opportunity to sow into a fertile ground because I always reap more than 100% from sources I don't expect.

Just because Chinese Bhudist millionaires were not seed sowers does not mean i will not partake in what works for me. You just called them Bhudists, trust me they all have spiritual back ups that request one thing or the other from them. If only what I have is God and he requests my giving into his house, why will I relent. And EVERYTIME I give, I always provoke his blessings to be showered on me.

So, before you start to comment to this (calling me a gullible fool), know that I don't care what they do with the money I dropped in church. That's not my biz. My heart of giving any particular value in any particular currency is what goes to heaven. No pastor told me this, Its a matter of personal conviction.

And all the money sowed goes into the account of the host church in case you don't know. Do you even know what Pastor Mattew does to thousands of widows in Osun state every year. Of course, you are not interested in that, criticism sells faster...

2 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by mko2005: 12:23pm On Nov 30, 2012
Deep Sight: Earlier this week (Tuesday, I believe) Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo was at HICC Church in Gbagada as a Guest Preacher.

He informed the audience that there is something he does which is called a 24 hour blessing in which those who tap into it receive a huge blessing within 24 hours. According to the Pastor, Those who wanted this special blessing were to come out and line up and sow a seed of USD $ 240.00 (Two hundred and forty USD).

He informed the congregation that there is also another special blessing which requires paying $100 and also asked those paying this sum to come out and form a second line.

He further said that those who wanted both special blessings should come forth and form a third queue between both queues and come out with $340.

All queues were full, long and crowded.

I was informed of this by a relative of mine who is a member of the Church and was filled with disgust.

He wondered why these "blessings" are not available to those who could not afford such sums.
Anything negative concerning the CHURCH OF GOD sells like anything that moves market u can think of ! The positive sides of the church of God can't be seen on naira land. Even if they upload them is to ridicule it.Pst.TB Joshua gave some 26 million the last time to see some students through to school and some of us here shouted ;EVIL MONEY ! The owners of this site is happy cos he is busy making his money and the devil is happy cos he is busy dragging so many souls to hell.The atheists are happy cos they say that's why they want to remain without recognising their maker.Muslims are happy cos they will say islam is God and christianity is man !
True Christians be wise ! The TRUE WISDOM comes from God !
God help us
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by stankezzy: 12:26pm On Nov 30, 2012
frosbel: He should be in Prison not in the pulpit !!
you are a big fat fool.l hope u know he preaches in uk where they verify every thing.if the london police can go as far as tracking all the people said to have been heald in synagogue branch in london and monitoring them for years.the world is a global village,if somebody said it is his trade mark,and people are still coming out ,it shows that what he is saying is truth.because if u scam me or my friend today u may not have the opportunity to do it again.but in this case he have been doing it year after year and people are nt complaining.the advice i have for u is to check well before u make foolish comment.it is also the reason why ibos are mainley christians.,hausas muslims and yoruba half christian nd half muslim.an ibo man will check your religion be it traditional religion ,islam or christianity nd know how what u are worshiping is affecting your life before making decision on the one to join.whether your children are dieying misterously,you so much crave for sex in this world and even planning in advace for sex in(heaven or paradise) whether there are high disease rate associated to the religion,high rate of hand cap,illitrace,killing,and even whether the good health or blessings or riches are true..AFTETR CHECKING ALL THIS THINGS WE CAME TO A CONCLUTION THAT IT IS ONLEY ONE RELIGION THAT MEETS ALL THIS STANDERD.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by mko2005: 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2012
dammytex: hmmmm Na wa oh

Let me start by saying I worship at KICC here at Maryland, Lagos Nigeria which happens to be the Nigerian HQ of KICC under Pastor Femi.

24hr miracle is a trademark message that Pastor Mathew has preached in over 100 churches worldwide. In fact, I don't think he'd stop anytime soon.

Giving is a matter of personal conviction. No matter what you say here, people will NEVER stop giving and pastors will NEVER stop encouraging people to give. THE TRUTH REMAINS THAT THERE IS POWER IN GIVING. Of course its not for everybody to believe. Nobody even sows better than these pastors if you care to believe.

For those of us that worship at KICC, we have sowed different variants of the 24hr seed. Sometimes its N24,000, 24 USD, 24USD. There is another one he encourages us to sow also; its called "blessing of a thousand times more than our fathers". Sometimes we also sowed for God's blessing taking us into another dimension of breakthrough. It's never an issue of do-or-die. Sow if you believe and if you don't, pls stay back.

I purposely wrote this to let you know that some people don't have problem sowing to these prophesies. If you call us fools, we'll tell you God bless you. For someone like me, I always look for an opportunity to sow into a fertile ground because I always reap more than 100% from sources I don't expect.

Just because Chinese Bhudist millionaires were not seed sowers does not mean i will not partake in what works for me. You just called them Bhudists, trust me they all have spiritual back ups that request one thing or the other from them. If only what I have is God and he requests my giving into his house, why will I relent. And EVERYTIME I give, I always provoke his blessings to be showered on me.

So, before you start to comment to this (calling me a gullible fool), know that I don't care what they do with the money I dropped in church. That's not my biz. My heart of giving any particular value in any particular currency is what goes to heaven. No pastor told me this, Its a matter of personal conviction.

And all the money sowed goes into the account of the host church in case you don't know. Do you even know what Pastor Mattew does to thousands of widows in Osun state every year. Of course, you are not interested in that, criticism sells faster...
My brother,God will bless you. You are a CHRISTIAN and i know this from ur write up. My prayer for you is that God will continue to bless you and lift you up spiritually for ever and ever. May you not fall for the trick of the devil. The devil has got no power but uses just tricks. One of his tricks is working like magic in the lives of so many on this site and the world at large.
God bless us
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by cantell(m): 12:33pm On Nov 30, 2012
stankezzy: you are a big fat fool.l hope u know he preaches in uk where they verify every thing.if the london police can go as far as tracking all the people said to have been heald in synagogue branch in london and monitoring them for years.the world is a global village,if somebody said it is his trade mark,and people are still coming out ,it shows that what he is saying is truth.because if u scam me or my friend today u may not have the opportunity to do it again.but in this case he have been doing it year after year and people are nt complaining.the advice i have for u is to check well before u make foolish comment.it is also the reason why ibos are mainley christians.,hausas muslims and yoruba half christian nd half muslim.an ibo man will check your religion be it traditional religion ,islam or christianity nd know how what u are worshiping is affecting your life before making decision on the one to join.whether your children are dieying misterously,you so much crave for sex in this world and even planning in advace for sex in(heaven or paradise) whether there are high disease rate associated to the religion,high rate of hand cap,illitrace,killing,and even whether the good health or blessings or riches are true..AFTETR CHECKING ALL THIS THINGS WE CAME TO A CONCLUTION THAT IT IS ONLEY ONE RELIGION THAT MEETS ALL THIS STANDERD.
Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by biolabee(m): 12:34pm On Nov 30, 2012
The widows mite that was given was praised more by Jesus than the other bountiful offerings given by the others
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Ryabcool(m): 12:34pm On Nov 30, 2012
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by mko2005: 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2012
preciousoz: Stupidity is when you dont have a bicycle and you give your last penny to your pastor to buy a jet.......
Mumu is when you cant pay your childrens school fees and yet have money to contribute to your church to build expensive school which your children will never attend...Ignora­nce is when you believe it when
your pastors tells you not to live worldly life, and yet he enjoys all the best things in the world, the fine houses, cars, jets, babes etc, while you are waiting till you get to heaven to enjoy your own....Idiocy is when you refuse to take your very sick child to the hospital because your pastor said you should not do so, yet that same pastor secretly runs to USA for medical attention any time he has an headache...Kolo­ is when you see a poor beggar on the road and you refuse to give him 50 naira out of the 5000 naira in your pocket because it is your tithe money....You are a zombie when you trek, dance and gallivant for 30 kilometers under the hot sun sweating and smelling like shit during your revival program, while your pastor is inside a full option, factory fitted air-conditioned­ state of the art SUV with his delectable wife slowing driving along the road.
Stop worshiping your pastors!!! They are human being like you, they dont have no power! If they had power they claim they have, Nigeria would not be the way it is.
Na u send this same thing to my bbm ? ANY WAY THAT'S THE CURRENT ONE FLYING ALL OVER TOWN NOW VIA SMS,BBM and others . Una dey try well well ! The devil is happy ! He is busy using his tricks to drag so many to hell !
May God hep us.
God bless us
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by ayotimofe: 12:50pm On Nov 30, 2012
he also needs private jet or wat do u think?
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by stankezzy: 12:58pm On Nov 30, 2012
Brisingr: am still undecided about the recent jet setting life styles of our MOG's they do some good but so do our muslim brothers and i don't know any with a jet setting lifestyle. That been said the story of elijah and the widow that gave up food belonging to her and her child for elijah is a shining example of seed sowing.as she reaped bountifully,one time elijah even resurrected her child.
man of GOD that is flying in a jet all over the world and chief iman that is squating on a bare floor but planning the next suciede or where to go and murder people.check the one that is better.see an example-chief iman (representing muslems),bishop oyedepo(representing christians),went to see former president yaradua wen he was sick.they came out and chief iman was asked how was he;he said yaradua was watching football match and eating agidi with akara.but when oyedepo was asked ,instead of him to lie before 160million nigerians that were watching he said no comment.u can still go and check it up by your self.if the chief iman does not take lying as any thing,and if he being the chief can lie like this without any filling,how about the followers and people are still compareing christianity to islam.the fact speaks for it self.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 30, 2012
Can I ask you all a simple question?

Why don't you see flamboyant pastors in the west, as you see in Nigeria?

The answer is simple, there are basic amenities in the west, and the system is progressive, unlike Nigeria......

Imagine a country where nothing works, this implies that fake pastors would exploit these opportunities with the promise of escapism.

It pains me that most Nigerians are silly to realise this........

Okay, @ some Nigerians, think of things that have really changed your lives ( The laptop you using, blackberry, electricity, high heels(lol), make ups, anything), and ask yourselves how these things came to be

In your thought, 1 thing is certain, these things were from creative minds, that mostly took place in creative societies....... This implies that if we want these things so much, we just have to be as creative, not get exploited by religious leaders.

I love God, but since creation, he has given man the power to solve his problems via his brains..... Why should you then have to go to a pastor for financial prosperity, when you can lock yourself inside the room, and think about 50 ways of making money?

Imagine a woman that has 100 pairs of good shoes, and looking for capital, in the process goes to a church for financial breakthrough, when 100 pairs of capital keeps staring at her in her room!

Imagine a congregation that would say a mighty amen to divine protection prayer, when their pastors have Army Guards protecting them?

Imagine a congregation that would say a mighty amen to divine health prayer, when their pastors regularly go overseas for check-ups?

Yes, not everybody is gonna be wise, but we do have very stupid people in our society, so stupid they become problem for everyone in that country. Nigeria fits that description.

Nigerians are more passionate about their religious leaders than they are on social amenities, like health, clean water, electricity, etc....

If we reverse these trends, and become passionate on things that really matter, our lives would be more comfortable.

' A pastor wont have to exploit my ageing medical condition in the future, because Nigeria gave my child the best education, and in the process, he discovered a treatment for my condition' , Simple.

3 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by fm7070: 1:15pm On Nov 30, 2012
Na maga dey pay so.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by goalgetters(m): 1:16pm On Nov 30, 2012
$200 and $100 for blessings by Matthew Ashimolowo is simply an avenue for people to receive bountifully, I am a witness to 2005 ministration by Pastor Matthew in Obafemi Awolowo University and God really blessed me that time because the grace I enjoyed within 24hours coupled with success in my exam was amazing. sowing open doors for harvest, giving naturally makes you receive is only you can receive and please stop contesting nor debating forum that bless lives.

The law of harvest is to reap more than you sow. Sow an act, and you reap a habit. Sow a habit and you reap a character. Sow a character and you reap a destiny. James Allen

1 Like

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by preciousoz: 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2012
m.k.o2005:

Na u send this same thing to my bbm ? ANY WAY THAT'S THE CURRENT ONE FLYING ALL OVER TOWN NOW VIA SMS,BBM and others . Una dey try well well ! The devil is happy ! He is busy using his tricks to drag so many to hell !
May God hep us.
God bless us

Bros, am a christian and a Good one at that. We have the Bible in English and I understand very well what's written. Any practice datz not in tandem with the life of Jesus exhibited by any one in his Name will meet condemnation by Me and Sane Christians out there.

Let's stop soiling the Gospel and preach the Good news of Salvation. (Message of the Cross is now silent and these MOGs exploit any piece of Gospel that talks about Money to enrich themselves)

Enuf of this madness as Craze over material things at the expense of our Soul.

3 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 30, 2012
obo_man: Can I ask you all a simple question?

Why don't you see flamboyant pastors in the west, as you see in Nigeria?

The answer is simple, there are basic amenities in the west, and the system is progressive, unlike Nigeria......

Imagine a country where nothing works, this implies that fake pastors would exploit these opportunities with the promise of escapism.

It pains me that most Nigerians are silly to realise this........

Okay, @ some Nigerians, think of things that have really changed your lives ( The laptop you using, blackberry, electricity, high heels(lol), make ups, anything), and ask yourselves how these things came to be

In your thought, 1 thing is certain, these things were from creative minds, that mostly took place in creative societies....... This implies that if we want these things so much, we just have to be as creative, not get exploited by religious leaders.

I love God, but since creation, he has given man the power to solve his problems via his brains..... Why should you then have to go to a pastor for financial prosperity, when you can lock yourself inside the room, and think about 50 ways of making money?

Imagine a woman that has 100 pairs of good shoes, and looking for capital, in the process goes to a church for financial breakthrough, when 100 pairs of capital keeps staring at her in her room!

Imagine a congregation that would say a mighty amen to divine protection prayer, when their pastors have Army Guards protecting them?

Imagine a congregation that would say a mighty amen to divine health prayer, when their pastors regularly go overseas for check-ups?

Yes, not everybody is gonna be wise, but we do have very stupid people in our society, so stupid they become problem for everyone in that country. Nigeria fits that description.

Nigerians are more passionate about their religious leaders than they are on social amenities, like health, clean water, electricity, etc....

If we reverse these trends, and become passionate on things that really matter, our lives would be more comfortable.

' A pastor wont have to exploit my ageing medical condition in the future, because Nigeria gave my child the best education, and in the process, he discovered a treatment for my condition' , Simple.

Gbamest!!! God bless you bro!!!
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by fuke(m): 1:52pm On Nov 30, 2012
dorox: This youtube video of him is similar in formart to the scam you just described. The real action started just after the five minutes mark, before then it was just songs and some meaningless dribble to get the already weak minds of the sheeple properly sedated. I hope it plays on your desktop because my phone could only get the mobile youtube link.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=W8YI44puWK8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DW8YI44puWK8&gl=GB
This man is a wicked con man, and for someone to watch this video and not come to that realisation means that the person is either too much of a mumu or a fellow wicked person derserving to be conned.

Somebody pls help. This video is not playing.

Can we have another link?
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 30, 2012
fuke:

Somebody pls help. This video is not playing.

Can we have another link?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8YI44puWK8
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by vislabraye(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2012
This is what I call casino christianity. It has become so rampant in the church.
It is not wrong to give, but the way these pastors go about it make you think that if you put in 1 naira, you are guaranteed of 100 naira. What is a $100 or $500 to a fraudster or a criminal? It is chicken change.
It seems there is no more widow's mite in the church. So in essense the poor who can't afford that amount donot deserve a miracle.
May be they should read the scripture of how Jesus blasted the rich.

4 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2012
stankezzy: you are a big fat fool.l hope u know he preaches in uk where they verify every thing.if the london police can go as far as tracking all the people said to have been heald in synagogue branch in london and monitoring them for years.the world is a global village,if somebody said it is his trade mark,and people are still coming out ,it shows that what he is saying is truth.because if u scam me or my friend today u may not have the opportunity to do it again.

Deceived sheep.

2 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by vislabraye(m): 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2012
I have also beenn to a church where the pastor said "this new year you are to sow a seed of #12,000 to guarantee your health for the 12 months of the year.(sic) "
He said if you fall sick you would end up spending more than that in the hospital. I just couldn't believe it.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by mko2005: 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2012
preciousoz:

Bros, am a christian and a Good one at that. We have the Bible in English and I understand very well what's written. Any practice datz not in tandem with the life of Jesus exhibited by any one in his Name will meet condemnation by Me and Sane Christians out there.

Let's stop soiling the Gospel and preach the Good news of Salvation. (Message of the Cross is now silent and these MOGs exploit any piece of Gospel that talks about Money to enrich themselves)

The reason i asked if you are a christain is because of the kind of post you put up. The word of God if you go by the letter,it kills ! But the spirit gives life ! Christ never asked us to insult people when we don't agree with them.HE never asked us to call people names when we don't agree with them. HE never asked us to throw stones at people wen we don't agree with them. At a point,christ said we should first remove the PLANK in our eyes before removing the speck(dust)in the eyes of others. HE even said if you know you have not sin,you should be the one to throw the first stone. I'm yet to see a teaching of these men of God that contradicts the word of God ! The giving and receiving,sowing and reaping are all in our holy bibles expecially king james and others alike. For the fact that i want to live on earth and die a pauper and go to heaven does not mean that others must go to heaven my way ! Some others want's to make wealth here on earth,enjoy it here on earth and still leave it here for heaven. Job was the richest in the whole of EAST yet he was a servant of God. Lazarus was a pauper and dogs come every now and then to leak his wounds and yet he made heaven. It depends on how u see it. Money is good but shouldn't be worshipped. If these men worship money,then they have missed it. HOW do i know this ? My bible tells me so. There are churches who's members take alchohol and no one boarders them and some other churches ask their memebers not to take alchohol at all.If they have a good relationship with God,they will both make heaven. One of the reasons the protestants left the Roman catholic church was becos they discovered that they can be married,have children and still be a priest that will hear from God and make heaven at last. But both priests if their relationship with God is good will stil make heaven.
What we should be weary of is wen our pastors no longer teach biblical principles or start to contradict the word of God.Even at that,we are not expected to abuse them but to leave their church and start to pray for them.If we can advise them,let us go to them and do so. Besides,that which we think is right might actually be wrong.
May God help u and help me also.
God bless us
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Benito69(m): 2:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
if this is true, then that is not true Christianity and that man is not a pastor!!! Is God collecting money to keep us alive? Is salvation not priceless? Is blessings not freely given by God, provided the conditions laid out by God are met?

3 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 30, 2012
floriana: It is not only Ashimolowo. They are all scammers and conmen. One 'daddy GO' once wrote something like that in the daily devotional published and sold by him to his 'worshippers'. The implications of his law of sowing and reaping can be interpreted thus:

1. Sow N1,000 reap N10,000
2. Sow Toyota Camry 2006 reap Camry 2012
3. Sow your entire salary, reap the position of MD in
your workplace
4. Sow your lifesavings, reap central bank of Nigeria
5. Sow 500KVA Mikano generator, reap NEPA
6. Sow private jet, reap jumbo jets + International
airport to serve as plane-park
7. Sow your first son, reap Dangote
8. Sow your wife, reap Dame Patience Jonathan
9 sow your flat backside, reap Beyonce + Kim
Kadarshian backsides
10. Sow an estate, reap, Lagos state.

It annoys me that so many educated, and socially aware but spiritually idiotic men and women who are too lazy to study their bibles keep falling prey to these scammers. And their followers will say 'touch not my anointed + don't judge so that.........

Bless you bro!
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by MAYOWAAK: 2:53pm On Nov 30, 2012
tinnymerit: I dont know how far it is true,i heard he was sent to the UK by foursquare gospel church in Nigeria for a training/development and when he got there he had what he was sent there to do and started his own church without considering the sender.I dont know how far it is true but a friend confirmed it though.

Absolutely true!
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by sucess001(m): 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2012
preciousoz:

i agree with this perfectly...its like we have all lost focus of the main purpose of the gospel which is the salvation of souls...

whats with d craze with sowing and reaping anyway? do God's word and u will be blessed...we shud remember that obedience is better than sacrifice...and seeds wont get us to heaven...obedience will..the church has lost focus and a lot of xtians are doing tins not becos they even know why they re doing it...buh becos their pastors say so...

whilst am not saying the seed is wrong or right...i would be persuaded if i heard pple gimme scriptural backings for the seed rather than say...."i sowed and i was blessed"...remember an evil spirit also appeared as saul...that you re blessed 24hrs after need not be attibutable to that seed...i very much doubt God works that way...esp when you dont preach accompanying obedience to God's word which should be the bedrock of blessings...

scriptures say in 2tim 2:15...study to show urself approved...like a workman RIGHTLY DIVIDING the word of truth...u need to study pple...and interpret God's word well...

and i agree wit wat someone said....truth is...its better u use that 240 dollars t help those poor pple u see and do nothing about than present it in church...remembr the words of Jesus about ur neightbour....

for all the pple who can afford those 'seeds'...re u sayin you havnt seen the needly to help 'sow' into their lives...selah...

my aim is not for argument here...its for us xtians t tink deep...forget about defending anyone....forget about right or wrong...tink...study...so ur soul will be in right stead with God...that is my purpose..

God bless y'all...

2 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by preciousoz: 2:58pm On Nov 30, 2012
m.k.o2005:

The reason i asked if you are a christain is because of the kind of post you put up. The word of God if you go by the letter,it kills ! But the spirit gives life ! Christ never asked us to insult people when we don't agree with them.HE never asked us to call people names when we don't agree with them. HE never asked us to throw stones at people wen we don't agree with them. At a point,christ said we should first remove the PLANK in our eyes before removing the speck(dust)in the eyes of others. HE even said if you know you have not sin,you should be the one to throw the first stone. I'm yet to see a teaching of these men of God that contradicts the word of God ! The giving and receiving,sowing and reaping are all in our holy bibles expecially king james and others alike. For the fact that i want to live on earth and die a pauper and go to heaven does not mean that others must go to heaven my way ! Some others want's to make wealth here on earth,enjoy it here on earth and still leave it here for heaven. Job was the richest in the whole of EAST yet he was a servant of God. Lazarus was a pauper and dogs come every now and then to leak his wounds and yet he made heaven. It depends on how u see it. Money is good but shouldn't be worshipped. If these men worship money,then they have missed it. HOW do i know this ? My bible tells me so. There are churches who's members take alchohol and no one boarders them and some other churches ask their memebers not to take alchohol at all.If they have a good relationship with God,they will both make heaven. One of the reasons the protestants left the Roman catholic church was becos they discovered that they can be married,have children and still be a priest that will hear from God and make heaven at last. But both priests if their relationship with God is good will stil make heaven.
What we should be weary of is wen our pastors no longer teach biblical principles or start to contradict the word of God.Even at that,we are not expected to abuse them but to leave their church and start to pray for them.If we can advise them,let us go to them and do so. Besides,that which we think is right might actually be wrong.
May God help u and help me also.
God bless us

Brother, I never said they are not Men of God. They are Men of God and it Ends there (Men). Why Create a Cult Figure out of yourself? Why d Emphasis of this 20th century Church on the Man and not God? Are U going to deny the fact that we are getting it all wrong as christians?

In one of the Sunday service in my church, My pastor during the sermon encouraged us to help those in Need around us and asked us to help someone in financial Need this week and see what God will do in our lives. We Set out and by Next Sunday there were Testimonies everywhere and prayers answered.

The above is an example of what it should be like. Imagine all churches encourage that, but what we see is the Term "Fertile" ground. Only when u drop it in the church or in the corfers of the pastor that's when U get Blessed ? More churches More Crimes, More kidnapping, some even steal and send to pastors ..... This is killing Christianity. Go on Evangelism out there and see what people say. Am I judging ? Of course No. I will definitely not keep quiet and see Charlatans take over Christianity or see people fooled and robbed of their sweat...

Please don't get me wrong, Many people have resolved to be atheist because of many Selfish acts by Men that are supposed to be Role Models. My positin is this , THEY ARE MEN and not GOD and are capable of Making mistakes.

4 Likes

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by TableLeg(m): 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2012
Systematic thieving,extortion and pillaging from the pulpit will soon become a thing of the past ... We are going to eradicate it .. We are going to drive those rogues away and into extinction!
Gullible churchgoers will revolt one day .. brainwashed flock will all wake up and smell the damn coffee
Say No to Armani wearing, jet cruising and flashy car driving pastors and "men of satan"
Say No to tithe looting and offering box emptying pastors and "men of satan"
Say NO to thieves parading themselves as pastors and "men of Satan"
Say NO to wanton display of opulence, extravagance and arrogance by human beings like you
pastors are not demi-Gods and are not in anyway superior ... We must end the menace now!
Stop bowing down and worshipping your pastors ... Use your head, your brain and refuse to be dictated to!
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Dee60: 3:13pm On Nov 30, 2012
dammytex: hmmmm Na wa oh

Thank you and God bless you for the honest post. I do continue to have a question: Where in the Word of God have we seen people being asked to give a particular amount?

Remember the warning in Revelation where we are asked not to add to the word of prophecy. We cannot help God. I do not have an answer to this controversy but maybe you can help. I see that the Word enjoins us to give bountifully, but is there a reference to particular amounts?

1 Like

Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by MAYOWAAK: 3:18pm On Nov 30, 2012
biolabee: ive used to go to the church when it was in spoonfeeders one eatery in gbabaga .
passed it a few days ago and saw the new structure

the pastor is a young nice guy with focus on youth empowerment (a mini daystar) kinda thing
He is doing a good job

So this may mean the neo-prosperity gospel may be coming there
100 usd is like 16k.. wow
If u guys want to find use for money ..log on to the TehN charity flight cheesy cheesy cheesy

The pastor's name is Bolaji Idowu.A 2002 graduate of Accounting from the University of Lagos.The church actually started as a campus fellowship at UNILAG.
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by MAYOWAAK: 3:20pm On Nov 30, 2012
floriana: It is not only Ashimolowo. They are all scammers and conmen. One 'daddy GO' once wrote something like that in the daily devotional published and sold by him to his 'worshippers'. The implications of his law of sowing and reaping can be interpreted thus:

1. Sow N1,000 reap N10,000
2. Sow Toyota Camry 2006 reap Camry 2012
3. Sow your entire salary, reap the position of MD in
your workplace
4. Sow your lifesavings, reap central bank of Nigeria
5. Sow 500KVA Mikano generator, reap NEPA
6. Sow private jet, reap jumbo jets + International
airport to serve as plane-park
7. Sow your first son, reap Dangote
8. Sow your wife, reap Dame Patience Jonathan
9 sow your flat backside, reap Beyonce + Kim
Kadarshian backsides
10. Sow an estate, reap, Lagos state.

It annoys me that so many educated, and socially aware but spiritually idiotic men and women who are too lazy to study their bibles keep falling prey to these scammers. And their followers will say 'touch not my anointed + don't judge so that.........

Pastor E A.Adeboye, "Open Heavens" Volume 12; 20 November, 2012

"Dollar is a measure, Naira is another measure, Euro is another and Pounds is another measure. If you want returns in Dollars, sow in Dollars. Do not sow in Naira and be expecting a harvest in Euro. It does not work like that.

You can be in any country and sow in the particular currency in which you want your harvest. Sow and keep on sowing in that currency. By the time your harvest comes, you will celebrate. In addition, the various denominations of each currency are different measures too. Take for instance the Nigeria Naira, you have N1000, N500, N200, N100, N50, N20, N10 and N5 notes. It is the particular denomination that you use that God will multiply and return to you. If you keep using the smallest of the denominations and think you are thrifty or wise, you are only limiting yourself. Do yourself a favour by using the b...
iggest denominations so as to get the greatest harvest."

Sometimes however, when you sow in a foreign currency, God may give you the harvest in a local currency for a reason. But if you check the value and compare with what you sowed, you will know that God knows how to calculate value in any currency. How often do you sow? The key to you financial breakthrough is in your hands. If you fail to use it, nothing will be delivered to you but if you use it very well, your life will turn around for good.

ACTION POINT:
Before you give, decide on the harvest you want and thereafter choose the seed and container that will deliver the harvest to you.

Pastor E A.Adeboye, "Open Heavens" Volume 12; 20 November, 2012
Re: $240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2012
Kagawa: Indeed I was there, 27th and 28th, and i enjoyed it... ask any one who went.

Pastor Matthew is the leader of KICC but was hosted by HICC (Harvesters International Christian Center)... KNow the difference.
I will call it an empowerment session with Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo.... It was empowering, humorous,exciting, inspirational, POWERFUL....
I got wind of many things; information et al that i know i wouldn't have gotten anywhere. You all missed. Just go to twitter and search #thrive... and read the tweets... enjoy and get inspired.

There is no one, i mean no one who did not wish that the programme continued for a whole week.

I bet the author of this thread and his grapevine forgot to mention the "$1000 for blessings".....
Yeh its not hearsay for i was there. You see the problem we have today is that we are all busy bad mouthing the government, pastors, and other bodies, whereas in our own little compounds, hamlets, corners, under-beds, we are worse off.

You see, the pple who went out to queue for the "money for blessings", the pastor did not put guns to their heads to "ja bundle", they were all adults, "working adults, hustling adults, Men, Women, who believe in giving and receiving....NB: They weren't giving that money to the pastor...naaaaa, they were giving to God, whatever the pastor or the people handling it eventually do with it, am sure is left for God to judge.

So the sooner we stop hypocriting the better...and hey, clap for yourself for posting this threads and getting replys up to 4 pages....it must be A DREAM COME THROUGH.

The grapevine who is your source forgot to mention the positives he/she gained while at the programme but was quick to come and say he was "disgusted",
tell him i said he should search his soul/self before he casts a stone.

P.S I am not a member of HICC, I am a catholic, but i do visit from time to time because they are indeed a lovely family. If i wasnt a catholic i'd be a harvester.. #fact.

I am Kagawa

Ode

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Donates €2000 To Great Ormond Hospital, UK (Pics) / Checkout My Christmas Gift / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.