Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Loneliness Or Desperation? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Loneliness Or Desperation? (2515 Views)

9 Ways Guys With Low Self Esteem Show Desperation When Trying 2 Get a Girlfriend / Desperation Of Some Single Ladies( Hilarious Picture) / See Where My Desperation Has Landed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loneliness Or Desperation? by KateSpade(f): 6:11pm On Nov 30, 2012
I have an issue with my best friend. She just doesn't know how to completely cut off any male in her life. She will date numerous guys at the same time, get into an argument then continue talking to them for years because she believes someday they will change or they have 1 or 2 good qualities. The most recent guy is 33, with 3 kids who likes her but not enough to take her out on an actual date. I suggested months ago that she needs to get rid of him and she agrees and says that he is just there to keep her warm. I just don't know how to help her anymore nor do I want to hear about how he or the other dumb guys upset her anymore. I talked to my bf about it cuz every time we go out with her its always a different guy, he believes she is desperate. I know decent men that I could introduce her to but at the same time I don't think believe she is ready for someone good. What do u think? And what do you think I should advise her to do, or just avoid her anytime she brings these wasteful guys around?
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Exponental(m): 6:29pm On Nov 30, 2012
If she cant manage a relationship, do u fink she can manage marriage Free her, when she is ripe, she will wise up.
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Sijo01(f): 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2012
Is she still a teenager?
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by KINGwax(m): 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2012
I'll like to see how ds folds. Got an ex like that too. She alwys finds a reason to go not with the wrong guy.
I alwys feel for her
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 30, 2012
@OP, why u de smoke ciga for another man frustration?

She's not ready to meet the right guy, so let her be. Shuo!!!
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by KateSpade(f): 7:01pm On Nov 30, 2012
Sijo01: Is she still a teenager?

No, she is 25
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by KateSpade(f): 7:01pm On Nov 30, 2012
lrguru: @OP, why u de smoke ciga for another man frustration?

Its different when its your best friend and she calls you crying
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 30, 2012
KateSpade:

Its different when its your best friend and she calls you crying
but ur best friend aint u.
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Mynd44: 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2012
Hmmm
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Sijo01(f): 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2012
KateSpade:

No, she is 25

In that case, she need to attend maturity classes.
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Mynd44: 7:15pm On Nov 30, 2012
Sijo01:

lol
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Lolaabokoku(f): 7:18pm On Nov 30, 2012
lrguru: @OP, why u de smoke ciga for another man frustration?

i wonder ooo, he still dey drink panadol to another man headache
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by KateSpade(f): 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2012
Sijo01:

I think a lot of it has to do with her last relationship (the guy broke her heart) but even that ended over a year ago.
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 30, 2012
KateSpade:

I think a lot of it has to do with her last relationship (the guy broke her heart) but even that ended over a year ago.

which relationship was the last? Tot she's been furrkin all this while? This story get as e be o
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by KateSpade(f): 7:52pm On Nov 30, 2012
lrguru:

which relationship was the last? Tot she's been furrkin all this while? This story get as e be o

her last bf was over a year ago
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by blizzers(m): 8:22pm On Nov 30, 2012
Is she a LEARNER?
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2012
It could be loneliness. But, there has to be more to it than that and why she believes she doesn't deserve better.
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 30, 2012
Changing them like underwear lol
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 30, 2012
KateSpade:

her last bf was over a year ago
who then are those different guys she hangs around with?
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Sijo01(f): 10:57pm On Nov 30, 2012
KateSpade:

she's not the first to experience heartbreak and she won't be the last....... Tell her to growup and be focus, so as to avoid stories that touches!
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by KateSpade(f): 11:05pm On Nov 30, 2012
lrguru:
who then are those different guys she hangs around with?

not boyfriends
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by queensmith: 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Mynd44: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2012
^^
where have you been lady?
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by KateSpade(f): 4:22am On Dec 02, 2012
queensmith: Of course she is desperate, who doesn't want a partner in life? Who is the loner that doesn't want company? You have a bf, you probably don't know how that is.

It's cruel of you not to introduce her (if you really think she needs it, soo far the only problem I see is stupidity, not necessarily desperation) She probably doesn't need you to introduce her to men because meeting men isn't ever a problem. She just needs to be smarter with the decisions on who she sees and know who not to take seriously

Anyway, long story short, get off your high horse, if you think she will benefit from meeting your friend, introduce them. . . .(unless you actually like them. . . ) or allow her. Assuming she isn't ready to meet your friends is just plain rude. . . . some women think having a bf makes you a professor on happiness. . . . it gets soo annoying.

Thanks!
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by tai2(m): 6:13am On Dec 02, 2012
Lol...your friends a hoe....its that simple...lol
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 5:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
Most of the ladies i know go through issues if not all. This one is just an issue with your friend and in due time she will be strong enough to let go of those guys, be free and be ready to meet her prince. Just advice her to stay away from men for now so that she learns more about herself. The right one will not even need to be searched for as he might be watching your friend but feels its not yet time
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by fitzmayowa: 7:20pm On Jan 08, 2013
Lolaabokoku: i wonder ooo, he still dey drink panadol to another man headache

My thoughts exactly
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2013
I know many girls like this. Friends with some also. Plainly speaking, she's just an eternal and emotional flirt. Her thoughts are conflicting yet she will not change her way of thinking. This makes her choices unwise and her relationships brief. You cannot help her. Sorry. In time, anything is possible.
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by AdeniyiA(m): 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2013
she needs SERIOUS deliverance!
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by KateSpade(f): 1:25am On Jan 09, 2013
Yea I realized there's nothing I can do. Never introduced her to my male friend, if I do it will be casual, nothing purposeful.

As far as deliverance goes, you are free to pray.
Re: Loneliness Or Desperation? by MrsChima(f): 1:45am On Jan 09, 2013
Desperation isn't age specific. I know young chicks will date or Bleep anything and they r fit and attractive.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies, Do You Have The Keys To Your Boyfriend's Apartment? / Whom Do U Prefere? / Silly Questions Ladies Ask That Can Lead To Further Argument.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.