Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. (12235 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / Is Sex The Most Important Reason For One To Be In A Relationship? / Name 1 Reason For Your "Single" Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Techwriter: 10:26am On Dec 01, 2012
Reply....Loading 67% Complete
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by bola4dprec(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2012
Marriage is a basic remedy for the sexual appetite.
Alternative solutions are merely to enable you to
bide your time until the proper circumstances for
marriage arrive: maturity, adequate financial
resources, and a virtuous woman.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Ozonna(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2012
ecolime: Companionship

Correct wink

Companionship and Procreation
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 01, 2012
If this is your definition of marriage,then you must be having high fever!
ebamma 3: Marriage is defined as the buying of a woman, girl or a lady's toto for personal use

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by claremont(m): 10:33am On Dec 01, 2012
Socio-cultural reasons- The African culture covertly stipulates that a man/woman needs to get married at some point in their life in other to fit into the norm, an unmarried successful man/woman is deemed to be abnormal.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by salolo(m): 10:33am On Dec 01, 2012
companionship
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Ptersyn(m): 10:37am On Dec 01, 2012
Companionship
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 01, 2012
For me, will prefer single, but got married because I need those papers. tongue
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Les: 10:44am On Dec 01, 2012
Mynd_44: Hmmmm.

The reason? I don't know cos I ain't married
i seriously thought you were!!
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by BIMDIMDAVE(m): 10:44am On Dec 01, 2012
Answer in Gen 2.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 01, 2012
marriage is an institution. At some point in our lives we need 2 get married. Anything contrary to this is considered abnormal especially on the part of male.'we need to conform. However, people get married for different reasons.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Techwriter: 10:48am On Dec 01, 2012
Techwriter: Reply....Loading 67% Complete
100% Complete
Marriage was instituted by God so let's go back to Him to discover the main reason. There are many reasons for marriage, let me least them in this order
1. Companionship- two is better than one
2. Procreation- multiply and replenish the earth
3. Legal sex-Legal enjoyment(to avoid fornication)
4. Demonstrate the keeping of Covenant
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by menipo(m): 10:52am On Dec 01, 2012
k2039: The most important reason get married is to get a divorce(if you are not married,you cant have a divorce).

Check the ratio of divorce to those who stay married you will surely realise people marry to get divorced

You dont have to be married to have children,companionship,se.x etc.

But you sure have to be married to get a divorce

If people have to marry to fvck legally then people shouldnt be fvcking illegally but it's obvious from our society that most married people fvck illegaly than they fvck legaly so it's pointless getting married.
You kinda made sense in a Very funny And logical way i can't but laugh.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 01, 2012
The major n primary reason is companionship. One may choose to add procreation, yes but think of this; someday ur children will leave u and ur wife to start their own families too, and then ur left with just ur wife! So companionship is just d zing thing!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by emydot(m): 10:53am On Dec 01, 2012
:
k2039: The most important reason get married is to get a divorce(if you are not married,you cant have a divorce).

Check the ratio of divorce to those who stay married you will surely realise people marry to get divorced

If people have to marry to fvck legally then people shouldnt be fvcking illegally but it's obvious from our society that most married people fvck illegaly than they fvck legaly so it's pointless getting married.
. Funny
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 01, 2012
Sirdayor: I noticed that many people enters martial relationship for so many reason,which may range from money, fame,child bearing e.t.c. 'But just thinking which should one consider as the most important reason for getting marry?
Continuation of lineage...kids are so beautiful to have legally within wedlocksmiley
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by OILOFGLADNESS: 11:02am On Dec 01, 2012
Sirdayor: I noticed that many people enters martial relationship for so many reason,which may range from money, fame,child bearing e.t.c. 'But just thinking which should one consider as the most important reason for getting marry?

the main reason is for COMPLETNESS AND COMPANIONSHIP, IF U ARE NOT MARRIED YOU ARE INCOMPLETE, IF U ARE MARREIED BUT MADE THE WRONG CHOICE THAT MEANS YOU WILL SUFFER "DESIGN ERRORS CHALLENGES"
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Foxyhoxy(f): 11:05am On Dec 01, 2012

senseless
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by smartg(m): 11:09am On Dec 01, 2012
Marriage help one to live responsible and stop wasting those sperm of yours for nothing,
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by kunxle: 11:10am On Dec 01, 2012
HONESTLY THIS QUESTION IS WHAT ASKING OVER AND OVER AGAIN, BUT I WILL SAY GOD KNOWS BEST, CAUSE NO MATTER WHAT REASON YOU GIVE IT STILL ET BORED AT THE END OF THE DAY. FOR ME BEING SINGLE AND HAVING FUN THE BEST
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by uwa1(m): 11:13am On Dec 01, 2012
I believe itz 4 progress , posterity , prosperity, companionship A̶̲̥̅̊nϑ most inportantly, d divine backing of God upon ur marital life. etc.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 01, 2012
Marriage is sacred and should be respected. It is not a union just like that, its a union between a man and a woman to become one-blood-flesh-bones. Most people do not understand this concept. Marriage is beyond love, and, the understanding of the concept by both parties that they have become one in everything is most important.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by kingdomwhale: 11:18am On Dec 01, 2012
Marriage is to fulfill God's promises according to His words in
book of Gen 2:24
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by obowunmi(m): 11:31am On Dec 01, 2012
Most people get married:
1. Because society says that's the way its suppose to be. A man proves he is responsible by getting married even when he hasn't found "the one" or doesn't have a job. Women on the other hand are pressured because they're getting old. Marriage these days are based on societal pressures, nothing else.

2. The 1 percent of folks who found true love do it for companionship.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Naijapikin1: 11:50am On Dec 01, 2012

kai haba! Na where i gem am for dis statistics, wey i dey giv. How i gwo tel me say, i no gwo marry befor i put am po sumtin inside my mata? Kai mallam mak i talk am po anoda tin. Yauwa.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Naijapikin1: 11:53am On Dec 01, 2012
Dont knw of odas, but wen i do, i wanna get married for companionship, den to produce good lookin kids, ah dnt wanna cough-up tins dat wil look like OBJ.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by anitank(f): 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2012
The continuity of life by giving rise to offsprings of the same specie(man)
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by obowunmi(m): 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2012
Naija_pikin 1: Dont knw of odas, but wen i do, i wanna get married for companionship, den to produce good lookin kids, ah dnt wanna cough-up tins dat wil look like OBJ.

LoooL - iyabo and baba iyabo while they might closely resemble apes, they have sh**t loads of money.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Jimmy12345(m): 12:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
Mynd_44: Hmmmm.

The reason? I don't know cos I ain't married
Pls ensure you discover God's purpose for marriage before you get married.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by 2scorehigh(m): 12:20pm On Dec 01, 2012
Trying to pinpoint the one main reason why people get married could be tricky.

This is mainly because apart from the societal need, or should I say the pressure to conform,I would say that in general men and women get married for different reasons.

Men get married to show or prove to 'whomever it might concern' that they are now responsible.

Nowadays, women get married to show or prove to 'whomever it might concern' that ATLEAST one man out of all the men in the whole universe has found them worthy enough and/or attractive enough to (un)willingly accept them to stay under the same roof with him as his wife above every other woman.

The rest of the reasons like sex,getting children,companionship,fame and money etc. are just like the fringe benefits that might come with the package!
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by iykak47: 12:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
To have kids undecided
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2012
Companionship

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Look At What My Husband Has Done! / Lady Goes Viral As She Hides Her Face All Though A Party (photos) / Help, Xvideos Has Finished Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.