Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,990 members, 7,810,762 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. (12233 Views)

EXPOSED: Reason For Increasing No Of Single Ladies In Nigeria & The Solution / Is Sex The Most Important Reason For One To Be In A Relationship? / Name 1 Reason For Your "Single" Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by AdeniyiA(m): 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2012
Mynd_44: Hmmmm.

The reason? I don't know cos I ain't married
'they' are listening
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by realitychick: 1:01pm On Dec 01, 2012
kissMarriage makes irresponsible boy a responsible man by force.You want to be responsible abi,,,MARRIAGE
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 01, 2012
X
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Smartiegurl(f): 1:37pm On Dec 01, 2012
I guess people marry becuz they got have som1 to cal them Mum and Dad or becuz they got to spend their whole life wit a particular person. Hope am right.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by omenka(m): 1:46pm On Dec 01, 2012
Two things as for me. Righteous sex and procreation.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by AdeniyiA(m): 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2012
it's importantly for companionship- somebody to make you 'complete'
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by k2039: 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
Foxyhoxy: senseless
if you didnt get the message then your dumbness is a default program and it will be pointless changing the command prompt
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Cuddlemii: 2:14pm On Dec 01, 2012
Hmmm....I will need to reflect on this. It never crossed my mind.
But I think as you get older, carrying baggages and burden all alone becomes stressful, you need a helper, companion, bedmate/sex-mate & friend.
Changing wares don't last & makes you loose appetite. How long do you want to keep up with dating amaka, sleeping with titi, smooching adaku?
You have got to get ownership & make it permanent/consistent.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by smartdude1(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2012
when i find that one person i cannot live without shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by epeul: 2:44pm On Dec 01, 2012
Cuddlemii: Hmmm....I will need to reflect on this. It never crossed my mind.
But I think as you get older, carrying baggages and burden all alone becomes stressful, you need a helper, companion, bedmate/sex-mate & friend.
Changing wares don't last & makes you loose appetite. How long do you want to keep up with dating amaka, sleeping with titi, smooching adaku?
You have got to get ownership & make it permanent/consistent.
variety is the spice of life. Y don't u marry dem all cos on vagina can be boring #justsaying#
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by omenziate(m): 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2012
For companionship, to avoid fornication and so dat I don't die genetically. Someone has to continue the phylogenetic tree.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2012
Marriage is one of the greatest frauds in human history. It's no more than an ego-boosting formality. Every thing you get from marriage can still be gotten without it.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by rosamaris: 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2012
Companionship. It is not good for the man to be alone, I will make him a help meet for him. Gen.2:18
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by linearity: 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2012
The main reason for marriage, is to have someone that your family people can blame for all your failures, laziness, inability to send money home or be successful or rich.

It also serves as a cover for all your life misfortunes and under-achievements. A bonafide excuse for failing to meet important life responsibilities, expectations or working hard.

If you are not married, all your excuses for been an under-achiever or failure to meet certain obligations; will not attract too many sympathetic ears. But once you get married, they will all of a sudden look beyond you and see a 'valid' reason to blame for all the problems you have been facing and instead of focusing on making you to see reasons to get up your butt and work harder in order to meet your obligations, their focus and energy will be laser targeted on removing that 'valid' reason.

Since you know that, their efforts will blow your cover, you will stand as a man to protect your family....your innocent wife not knowing your true motives will support and stand by her husband and so shall both of you be, married forever for better for worse till death do you part.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by victorian(f): 3:48pm On Dec 01, 2012
For me Companionship and growing my own family cheesy.....wish I have started already undecided...... God knows best.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by true2(m): 4:12pm On Dec 01, 2012
A man, or women alone is not a complete person. Together they build a family. A family is stronger than any nation. A nation without the strength of families, will never stand.
My country, The U.S.A was a nation of families. It is not so today...see how she falls.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by awlaw: 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2012
PLS MR MODERATOR KINDLY TAKE THIS TO THE FRONT PAGE AS I NEED AN URGENT & GENUINE ADVICE. THANKS.

I am a young man in my late twenties. I currently work with one of the multinational oil firms in Nigeria.
Since 2years ago that i got this job there has been an intense pressure on me from my Parents(especially my Mum) to get married.
Not that i don't wish to, but my problem is that i have been a religious fellow all these days(who has been indoctrinated in the belief that an unmarried young Brother should not have any close relations/friendship with a single Sister), right from my child hood beyond my university days.
Now my problem is how do i get to meet this MRS RIGHT and how do i get to know her character/worth without going against the teachings of my faith?
Pls i will appreciate candid advice from matured Brothers/Sisters & Friends in the house.
God bless you in anticipation.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by neosmyt(m): 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2012
It's simple.. Biblical reason for marriage is to be helpers to each other.. A man is to support a woman's vision, and vice versa... Eve was made as a help mate for adam
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by neosmyt(m): 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2012
awlaw: PLS MR MODERATOR KINDLY TAKE THIS TO THE FRONT PAGE AS I NEED AN URGENT & GENUINE ADVICE. THANKS.

I am a young man in my late twenties. I currently work with one of the multinational oil firms in Nigeria.
Since 2years ago that i got this job there has been an intense pressure on me from my Parents(especially my Mum) to get married.
Not that i don't wish to, but my problem is that i have been a religious fellow all these days(who has been indoctrinated in the belief that an unmarried young Brother should not have any close relations/friendship with a single Sister), right from my child hood beyond my university days.
Now my problem is how do i get to meet this MRS RIGHT and how do i get to know her character/worth without going against the teachings of my faith?
Pls i will appreciate candid advice from matured Brothers/Sisters & Friends in the house.
God bless you in anticipation.

The teachings of your faith is not beyond run away from fornication. The truth is that you can start from friendship with a lady you like, while observing her characters to you and others. Dont declare ya intentions yet so she does not fake it.. Have plenty casual friends and study them. You will find mrs right.. Hence knw that no one is without blame. Try and avoid talks that initiate temptations. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Meristem: 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
azpekuliar: Legalised fvcking! All others are secondary! sad
GBAM! I HAVE ALWAYS WONDERED WHY THIS IS THE ONLY ACT WHOSE SINFULNESS OR NOT DEPENDS ON THE CONTEXT :-) :-) grin cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by imarena(f): 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2012
Firstly,for help-meet, to complement each other, for spiritual re-enforcement; iron sharpeneth iron, for companionship; it is not good for man to be alone, for oneness; they twain shall become one flesh, for procreation; for child bearing and child rearing and lastly to avoid fornication; to live in purity.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2012
''It is not good for a man to be alone'' said by God.

That is the reason for marriage.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Anniesalis(f): 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2012
People get married becos of either family or society pressure, or (feel among).
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2012
berem: I need to watch that movie 'WHY DID I GET MARRIED'.
crazy movie
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by ATMC(f): 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2012
lrguru: The most important reason people get married is the most important reason for marriage
which is?
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Beync(f): 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2012
marriage fix ur missing rib
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by pizzle234(m): 9:14pm On Dec 01, 2012
People get married because of love, because they want to have a family with that special dude/chic and raise good kids.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by mamagee3(f): 9:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
To have children. . .
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by Mayokss: 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2012
To RAISE children.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by joe4christ(m): 9:47pm On Dec 01, 2012
True2myself24:

Companionship

You just took that out of my mouth, and companionship it is!
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by nagoma(m): 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2012
Marriage is a territorial mapping. A kind of "keep away " sign board " accepted by most societies as they procreate and compartmentalize the new generations into families , clans and tribes.
Re: What Is The Most Important Reason For Marriage. by nagoma(m): 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2012
Free or at least prepaid ssex may be the reason.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! This Has Become A Serious Matter(pictures) / Whatsapp Tv. Jaytv / Look At What My Husband Has Done!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.