Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,183 members, 7,839,029 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking (8275 Views)

Hilarious Tweet By Ben Murray-bruce & People Can't Stop Talking About It / Wike: 'I Wont Go Down Alone, If I Go Down Everyone Goes Down With Me' - Herald / I Won’t Stop Talking Of Corruption During Jonathan’s Govt—buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by Ndoz(m): 11:17am On Dec 07, 2012
Callotti: He is a fearless Aboki too.
Could Soludo, the Abidjan coward make fiiiiim under OBJ?
WHOSAI!!!
Thanks to Sanusi, we know the GBESE-GBILLIONAIRES OF NIGERIA. . .oil blokos and all!!!! cheesy
see ur mouth
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by makaveli1(m): 11:19am On Dec 07, 2012
Its only those who don't understand Nigeria's present predicament that will take sanusi's opinion and policies personal though I don't approve of some of his policies BUT I blv the advice Sanusi is offering to the govt is golden... The man is just saying things how they are from a political and economic perspective!
I still see him as one of the good intellectuals among the few that this nation is left with...HE MEANS NO HARM TO THE NATION so yall shud calm ur fears about him smiley
SANUPHOBIA is the fear of Sanusi! wink wink
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by manny4life(m): 11:20am On Dec 07, 2012
Though he says the very obvious (the average Nigerian knows) it doesn't change the status quo that he's clueless. This is a perfect ploy - he's using his excessive bravery talking to cover his own mess, this is to deflect people and their criticism away from him. Yall look at him ( oh yeah he says the truth), BUT quickly forget he's a CBN governor responsible for the finance market operation in Niger, a key factor in the private sector. Don't worry, when he exist next year, yall criticized Soludo, we shall see how much mess SLS left behind

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 07, 2012
continue talking I'm a good listener
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by IleIfe2(m): 11:22am On Dec 07, 2012
Ile-Ife:
Sanusi talks too much. his opinions and actions are mostly sentimental or emotional, that's why when he states the obvious truth, most people don't give a damn.
Sanusi is a douche-bag.
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by VirginFinder: 11:33am On Dec 07, 2012
mascot87:
The most stupid comment i've ever heard in my whole life from an irresponsible op

OP means Opening Post.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by mejai(m): 11:35am On Dec 07, 2012
Democratic govt in nigeria is still d highest and most expensive I ve seen so far. We need action and not just words. Till we abolish sentimental way of governance, tribalism, (eg e-tribal war on NL), selfishness, den wen can find our bearing on developments.
Funny enuf, d 30% mentioned can't be felt or seen in d country. Nigeria is still a scam.
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by solhenawo: 11:36am On Dec 07, 2012
I can conclusively say that SLS is of short memory and does not think before making utterances. From this quote 'He linked the violence across the country to poor management of the country by leaders. He said the textile industries in Kaduna and Kano used to employ over 600, 000 people but that now that they are out of jobs their children are out of school'. How many bankers are out of jobs because of his policies. I guess that's still suppose to be fresh in his memory...so he should not even talk of unemployment. Also, was he the most qualified for the position of CBN gov. Or was he chosen based on geographical or federal character. I guess he should have rejected his appointment if he is actually as sincere as he professes.
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by divinelove(m): 11:42am On Dec 07, 2012
Sanusi always in d news, u r making d office of d cbn governor more lik an executive office. Anyway oga sls saving money without first tackling corruption ll b meaningless bc d money saved ll be lavished by d few individuals left in govt. By d way hw did u make 100 million u donated to ur bros n sis in kano nt long ago, u c wat i am talkin abt nw.
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 07, 2012
He will get tired of talking. BH Funder like him.
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by felifeli: 11:52am On Dec 07, 2012
Bloody a.s.s becomes ex-CBN governor next year. Headed for politics definitely and probably thinks he can take a shot at President by making sentimental statements which appeal to the hearts of the simpleminded . He is one of Nigeria's biggest problems. An insincere doublefaced t.wa.t.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by Lachynos2k2(m): 11:53am On Dec 07, 2012
i ve never and willl never be his fan but take it or leave it what he said this time around is the truth.people shld learn how to judge correctly without ethnic or religious sentiment..am igbo btw bt hes got my back on this one..fg shld cut down on cost of governance.
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by dipotech: 11:57am On Dec 07, 2012
more_money: 11:03am
Sanusi is the biggest fool to be a CBN governor. I cannot count how many people ask me for money everyday after they lost their job in the banking industry. Do Nigerians really have short memory. Sanusi want to save more money. Where is the money the CBN is saving from the removal of oil subsidy?, Where is the Abacha loot?, Where is the $10 million they made from OML 127 oil block on daily basis. Instead of him to concentrate on how to create more jobs and make the economy grow, he is busy talking nonsense. He need to go learn from Ben Bernanke who saved millions of Americans their job or go back to his village and give way for progress in our land.

I AGREE WITH YOU. I am not sure if this man has not failed in his assigned responsibilities as a CBN governor. He is just busy criticizing the hands that feed him, he is part of the government he's criticizing.
He better think wisely and smartly rather than saying nonsense.
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by BlueMurder(m): 11:58am On Dec 07, 2012
manny4life: Though he says the very obvious (the average Nigerian knows) it doesn't change the status quo that he's clueless. This is a perfect ploy - he's using his excessive bravery talking to cover his own mess, this is to deflect people and their criticism away from him. Yall look at him ( oh yeah he says the truth), BUT quickly forget he's a CBN governor responsible for the finance market operation in Niger, a key factor in the private sector. Don't worry, when he exist next year, yall criticized Soludo, we shall see how much mess SLS left behind

You are not making much sense here, i'm afraid. What mess are you talking about. Most industry experts agree that the banking sector is stronger now, than it had been 2-3 years ago. What exactly has he said that is false? He is clueless? As in, SERIOUSLY
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by BlueMurder(m): 12:02pm On Dec 07, 2012
gboss4sure: He will get tired of talking. BH Funder like him.

Of course, we know where you are coming from. What next will you concoct?
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ddaji: @Olumide,i know you are a local yoruba man.let us assume sanusi says yoruba are problem of Nigeria.are they not problem of nigeria?.Sanusi is not a power hungry man,if you have short memory let me remind you to the face of senators he told them that,his name is SLS not CBN gov.and he is ready to quit the job.Tell me from the generation of oduduwa to date any yoruba man that ever made such bold statement about his job.My friend is a well known fact that yorubas are coward.
tell d Yoruba mata kawai sanusi got ballz
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by danjalingo: 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2012
author=more_money]Sanusi is the biggest fool to be a CBN governor. I cannot count how many people ask me for money everyday after they lost their job in the banking industry. Sanusi want to save more money. Where is the money the CBN is saving from the removal of oil subsidy?, Where is the Abacha loot?, Where is the $10 million they made from OML 127 oil block on daily basis. Instead of him to concentrate on how to create more jobs and make the economy on pont my bro. insted he wants mo cs saked
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by tunapawizzy: 12:09pm On Dec 07, 2012
The day we stop to talk because of fear of what will be reported, it means this country is dead. My job is not to make people happy. If you are not happy, go to your wife,” he said.
He blamed the constitution for creating too many political offices which guzzle lots of public funds in salaries and emoluments.
“These are issues we have to address; they are political issues; as a country, we have a constitution that makes it impossible for us to develop,” he said.
“This is not about NLC or TUC or the president of the National Assembly; it is about us as a country deciding whether this constitution we have chosen makes sense.”
On the constitution, he said, “The constitution says there must be a minister from every state. Let me ask, as educated and intelligent human beings, what is the connection between the number of states and ministers? If you have 50 states today, we have 50 ministries, you have 100 states, and you have 100 ministries? What kind of rubbish?”

The CBN governor said he believes government’s role is to take care of the people. “Now if the government is spending 70 percent of its revenue on itself, and 30 percent on the people, is sacking the Central Bank governor the solution? Now they are amending the constitution. Why do we need 500 legislators? And why is it that no Africa country has adopted this model of government?” he queried.

He said Nigeria’s greatest challenge, greater than corruption, lies in the promotion of mediocrity and sectionalism instead of merit.
“What kind of nonsense that a person due for promotion is denied on the basis of no vacancy to be filled from his state of origin? That could be done at the level of recruitment. We have been able to enthrone mediocrity.
“We talk too much of where is this man from, what church he goes to. Rubbish! Rubbish! Why don’t we ask the right questions? How many megawatts of electricity are we generating? How many kilometers of roads have we built? What percentage of kids passes English and maths in schools in O’ level.

LOVE HIM OR HATE HIM, HE MADE SENSE
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by N4eva: 12:15pm On Dec 07, 2012
0lumide: He is just talking now?

Sanusi before: Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria

Sanusi can go and die!! He brought no interest banking in the name of "islamic banking". And openly said it is for "muslims only"

Sanusi is a hypocrite and one of our problems as a nation!! Just another power hungry man! A power hungry man will get power drunk!
[color=#990000][/color]
when did he say that Yoruba are the problem of Nigeria?
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by yuzedo: 12:17pm On Dec 07, 2012
Ddaji: Sanusi is not a power hungry man,if you have short memory let me remind you to the face of senators he told them that,his name is SLS not CBN gov.and he is ready to quit the job.Tell me from the generation of oduduwa to date any yoruba man that ever made such bold statement about his job.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by Mavrick2012: 12:17pm On Dec 07, 2012
Where is JARUS,sanusi's spokes man?

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by Clemzy16(m): 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2012
I thought sanusi was an economist. When did he become a politician?! He seems to be agitating forcefully for anything that favours the Government only.
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by BeraBera(f): 12:21pm On Dec 07, 2012
The fact is that most of us did not get the actual thing he said initially. The media is always fond of misquoting people, in order to sell their news. What I deduce from Sanusi's explanations of his initial statement is that there is need for the govt to cut down on all the money being spent as wages of so many public officers, political appointees, etc.
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by manny4life(m): 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2012
BlueMurder:

You are not making much sense here, i'm afraid. What mess are you talking about. Most industry experts agree that the banking sector is stronger now, than it had been 2-3 years ago. What exactly has he said that is false? He is clueless? As in, SERIOUSLY

Obviously, my post isn't supposed to make sense to you, heck, I don't want it making sense to you. So, it's ok to be afraid when something frightens or makes you scared. Now that we have that out of the way, I'm sorry, did you say "MOST INDUSTRY EXPERTS"? Please enlighten us with facts and figures perhaps from this your experts how Nigerian banking was stronger 2-3years ago.

During the past three years, the banking sector has seen 3x the number of unemployment, yet it's getting stronger. The financial markets has even shrunk beyond recognition that even SLS moved to curb loans to large debtors, YET, it's getting stronger. The small business access loans is pretty much forgone, YET, it's getting stronger. The famous M/A process he oversaw wasn't even transitioned without an awe, YET, the banks are getting stronger. Please post your facts and figures, if I'm wrong, then I'll take my statement back, if I'm right, then shame on him.

Again, my post did not reference the term "FALSE" neither did insinuate such, perhaps, that's the effect of being afraid. Yes, I still claim he's clueless, just like the bunch in the govt. It's one thing to speak big English, whereas the underlying issues remain.
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by manny4life(m): 12:24pm On Dec 07, 2012
Double post
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by N4eva: 12:26pm On Dec 07, 2012
i think many people did not understand what sunusi is saying.
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by youi: 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
He blamed the constitution for creating too many political offices which guzzle lots of public funds in salaries and emoluments.
Are they not the pple rejecting constitutional conference.

On the constitution, he said, “The constitution says there must be a minister from every state. Let me ask, as educated and intelligent human beings, what is the connection between the number of states and ministers? If you have 50 states today, we have 50 ministries, you have 100 states, and you have 100 ministries? What kind of rubbish?”
[/quote]Is not d same SLS,dat donated 100million naira public fund to his state KANO,n also gave billions of naira to sum selected distress bank which up till now those bank did not yield any result.

He said Nigeria’s greatest challenge, greater than corruption, lies in the promotion of mediocrity and sectionalism instead of merit.[quote]
By all standard we all know dat SLS did merit dat position is occupying.
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by mascot87(m): 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
Virgin Finder:

OP means Opening Post.
Whatever
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by striker07(m): 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2012
what he is saying is obvious which i think everybody should know,that has not added to his professionalism,you do not have to be an economist to know that,the man has not impressed me in his major task.
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by BlueMurder(m): 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2012
manny4life:

Obviously, my post isn't supposed to make sense to you, heck, I don't want it making sense to you. So, it's ok to be afraid when something frightens or makes you scared. Now that we have that out of the way, I'm sorry, did you say "MOST INDUSTRY EXPERTS"? Please enlighten us with facts and figures perhaps from this your experts how Nigerian banking was stronger 2-3years ago.

During the past three years, the banking sector has seen 3x the number of unemployment, yet it's getting stronger. The financial markets has even shrunk beyond recognition that even SLS moved to curb loans to large debtors, YET, it's getting stronger. The small business access loans is pretty much forgone, YET, it's getting stronger. The famous M/A process he oversaw wasn't even transitioned without an awe, YET, the banks are getting stronger. Please post your facts and figures, if I'm wrong, then I'll take my statement back, if I'm right, then shame on him.

Again, my post did not reference the term "FALSE" neither did insinuate such, perhaps, that's the effect of being afraid. Yes, I still claim he's clueless, just like the bunch in the govt. It's one thing to speak big English, whereas the underlying issues remain.

You want me to furnish you with facts and figures to buttress the assertion that the banking industry is stronger now, but you did not give us any statistical evidence to confirm your claim that the CBN Governor has created a mess he is trying to cover, neither did you provide one to confirm that the man is clueless. Yet, you unwittingly gave him a plus when you said that he moved to curb loans to large debtors. You need facts and figures, right? Please find time to peruse the 2011 Annual Report of NDIC at www.ndic.org.ng.
Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by TableLeg(m): 12:51pm On Dec 07, 2012
0lumide: He is just talking now?

Sanusi before: Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria

Sanusi can go and die!! He brought no interest banking in the name of "islamic banking". And openly said it is for "muslims only"

Sanusi is a hypocrite and one of our problems as a nation!! Just another power hungry man! A power hungry man will get power drunk!
You are a simpleton so therefore your comments dont count!

Topic...
Sanusi, do your thing ... You are spot on!

1 Like

Re: Sanusi: I Wont Stop Talking by ipswitch: 12:55pm On Dec 07, 2012
I wonder wat Jonathan is still keeping dis mumu of a man for,or is it like Jonathan , like Lamido? same same... dis guy is not really one of us, now all dis policies and shit, no improvement in the economy............sabarumo oshi!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$9.6b Judgment: FG Seeks INTERPOL Action Against P&ID Directors / Ekiti States Approves TSA / Anambra Governorship Election: APGA Commence Local Government Campaign Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.