Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? (12044 Views)

Scotland Scottish Referendum: Voters To Reject Independence - BBC / Ebola: Donald Trump Wants US To Stop All Flights From West Africa To The US / Justine Sacco - "Going To Africa. Hope I Don't Get AIDS..... I'm White" - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by larryshow4(m): 10:22pm On Dec 07, 2012
Online Scam is synonymous to one of this country:-

(A). USA
(B). RUSSIA
(C). MALAYSIA
(D). NIGERIA

Lol

I don't know your problem with BBC Wahala o! the last time i checked, Freedom of speech is still very functional over there even if its not in Nigeria. Change your channel and don't be bothered, abi you wan change your skin as Micheal Jackson do?

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Dec 07, 2012
We hold our destinies in our hands. His comment is a fair one!

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by aribisala0(m): 10:44pm On Dec 07, 2012
Many British men travel to Africa Thailand etc to have s ex with young boys/girls do we label the whole nation as paedophiles

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Jeezy: 10:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
...When Nigeria stops rubbishing herself... undecided

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:57pm On Dec 07, 2012
Really we (Nigerians) are starting to behave like Arab Islamic Extremists itching to burst out in frustration and angst when some truth pricks too close to home.
Yes the joke was out of line but our reactions are quite frankly superfluous.. It would be pitch-perfect if we had a good history of curbing this sore menace.. instead we continue to demonstrate to the entire world that there are new tricks in the book of slime and corruption. Unfortunately scam emails and scams altogether have a definite origin in the West.. how we came to take over this mantle beats me.. the image is defacto impression fairly everyone on this planet gets when they hear - NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by ayoola2002(m): 11:01pm On Dec 07, 2012
engineerd:

"They taught u"?? You ought to be ashamed of yourself! Monkey see monkey do? Where is your sense of pride and integrity? To admit Oyinbos "taught" you how to steal!!! ODE oshi!!!
A fo*ol at 33 is a fo*ol forever! agbaya!
Stop abusing somebody here, this is a public forum.

Everybody is entitled to his/her opnion.

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Freiburger(m): 11:04pm On Dec 07, 2012
BBC itself is a walking corpse.

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by KayB: 11:13pm On Dec 07, 2012
until u stop believing their ambigous reportage and develop ur newstracks
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by daylae(m): 11:16pm On Dec 07, 2012
We are what we say we are,and that's what they'll call us. And we say it louder by our actions,celebrating curruption.
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by toluene12: 11:40pm On Dec 07, 2012
erico2k2:
bross pay attention to international news make you hear bribe in Billions of pounds, ie recently Virgin train where challenging a decission passed quick quick to a fellow rail operator 1st great western, the dicovered money had changed hands, the contract have been given back to Virgin for the next 2 years,who say Oyibo no dey collect mega bribe, now on the moral side, did you not hear that the Blind David Blonket a whole Home office Boss who supose B blind sleep with another guy wife hence he lost his post, blind minister of the highest order ohhh, guy, stay there dey belive this saint saint wey dem dey potray, we know diff here.
OR is it the members of paliament who have thier own homes, and lie about it and pass the rent as xpenses to claim?is that not fraud? or is it the Eastern EU guys who have 10 kids keep 8 in their country and claim benefit for 10 kids? the list are endless, so guys stop killing ursef for those stupid news bout 9ja, we over here we deff know diff
keep deceiving urself and continue living in delusion or self denial. The truth is out there; ibori is a case study.
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Anvaller: 11:48pm On Dec 07, 2012
Well, it is painful tho but I can't be part of such complaint. We have to vent our anger on ourselves, it will be more useful to lodge such complaint to our government and pressure them to be responsible and help our country's image than to tell BBC not to joke about our globally known trend of fraud. If our government can't help our image, so why should the BBC care? Let's just forget it, Naija no get levels at all. If u are meeting any foreigner and u introduced urself as a Nigerian, they start looking over their shoulders immediately. People in Nigeria would not actually understand how bad it is until they transact and interact outside Nigeria on different levels. It is very very bad.
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by erico2k2(m): 11:49pm On Dec 07, 2012
12 inches!:

I still repeat and maintain that corruption in Nigeria knows no bounds. Atleast abroad they cover it up. In Nigeria it is the norm. Have you ever obtained a govt contract before. Then you will have a good understanding of what I am talking about. The Commissioner will start to ask for part of the contract sum that has already been allocated or a percentage. In every single ministry. Money for what? And they will do it so blatantly without fear.
this is the mentality we need to change, must you bribe?
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by erico2k2(m): 11:54pm On Dec 07, 2012
Anvaller: Well, it is painful tho but I can't be part of such complaint. We have to vent our anger on ourselves, it will be more useful to lodge such complaint to our government and pressure them to be responsible and help our country's image than to tell BBC not to joke about our globally known trend of fraud. If our government can't help our image, so why should the BBC care? Let's just forget it, Naija no get levels at all. If u are meeting any foreigner and u introduced urself as a Nigerian, they start looking over their shoulders immediately. People in Nigeria would not actually understand how bad it is until they transact and interact outside Nigeria on different levels. It is very very bad.
Bross I dey represent anywhere I dey, I no send ohh wether Uk,yankee or singapore, nothing do me,doing Biz with Nigerians has it gains and loss, whatside you find urself is up to U n U r on ur own

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by erico2k2(m): 11:55pm On Dec 07, 2012
aribisala0: Many British men travel to Africa Thailand etc to have s ex with young boys/girls do we label the whole nation as paedophiles
Abeg ask them 4 me
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Cleanman(m): 11:56pm On Dec 07, 2012
and who gives a Zap about what they say?..oya somebody sponsor me visa make i go kick sm white british a.r.se. !
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Cleanman(m): 12:02am On Dec 08, 2012
common guys,get over it.atleast we made the news...oya make i login sharply,that london oyibo wan pay me ma balance...hehehehe..who cares.
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Anvaller: 12:12am On Dec 08, 2012
erico2k2:
this is the mentality we need to change, must you bribe?

12Inches asked if u have ever won and executed a government contract before, I would like u to answer that question.
The point is no matter which planet u come from, U can't execute a government contract without bribing. If u can't bribe, go bid for contract elsewhere. If u are very disciplined and principled, u may bribe only at the top and ignore the rest but then u will still be frustrated. U don't have an idea how its going down at all.

The project supervisor would never clear ur project no matter how neatly the project is implemented. (unless u would sue them, so how much is ur margin? Who would fund the court case? if u have the time to waste all the time that it takes to go to court in Nigeria then u are not a businessman)
At the submission of ur letter of completion, u would be waiting for due process to clear u abi? U will spend years if u do not know that u have to bribe them to keep ur file moving.
After clearance by due process, U would expect Finance to release ur check abi? It will take miracle for that to happen if u do not only bribe them but to their satisfaction. These ppl deliberately delay files to frustrate u by wasting time until u become desperate. They know that u need ur money because u are a business man
and that is what they will capitalize on to screw u. The process of claiming ur check alone can take one year or more, u can find out if u don't know. So trhe point is even if u hate the idea of bribing, u have no choice.
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by babaowo: 12:21am On Dec 08, 2012
afam4eva:

A lot of those mail emanate from Nigeria. Let's tell ourselves the truth.
....how could you said this
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by delvinmaya(m): 12:22am On Dec 08, 2012
If I am to understand what some nigerians are suggesting on this thread, are y'all saying that because we do it,someone should insult me or insinuate shit about me? I remember the proverb about mother hen and the eagle. You chase the eagle away first before you scold mother hen. That's what I believe is the African spirit. Now, its wrong to engage in fraud and all, but most people in Nigeria actually don't engage in fraud, so you (in this case the reporter) have to be mindful of what you say. Those giving credence to what he has said are not only unpatriotic but have lost all sense of belonging and hope towards this country. I shake my head and pray for you oooooooo. OP I support your actions and will make a formal complaint as well, for those saying he should change the channel, I see you all have the Nigerian syndrome of hoping that some day, God will come down and sort your problems out for you, you ve got a long wait. Nigerian and proud to be one till I die

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Anvaller: 12:44am On Dec 08, 2012
delvinmaya: If I am to understand what some nigerians are suggesting on this thread, are y'all saying that because we do it,someone should insult me or insinuate shit about me? I remember the proverb about mother hen and the eagle. You chase the eagle away first before you scold mother hen. That's what I believe is the African spirit. Now, its wrong to engage in fraud and all, but most people in Nigeria actually don't engage in fraud, so you (in this case the reporter) have to be mindful of what you say. Those giving credence to what he has said are not only unpatriotic but have lost all sense of belonging and hope towards this country. I shake my head and pray for you oooooooo. OP I support your actions and will make a formal complaint as well, for those saying he should change the channel, I see you all have the Nigerian syndrome of hoping that some day, God will come down and sort your problems out for you, you ve got a long wait. Nigerian and proud to be one till I die

I am just surprised at the 100% motivation behind a fight against BBC while there is 0% motivation behind a fight against our irresponsible government which is the architect of all these mess in the 1st place. So which battle makes more sense? Let's assume that u achieved the ultimate aim and BBC apologizes, does that change anything? does that change their mindset and perception of Nigeria? That is the most important thing. Even if u asked them to shut up and never say it... well, they know it, so it doesn't change anything. It doesn't stop them from giving u extra check at the airport when every other passenger had already been cleared, it doesn't stop them from stepping back when they have to do important business with u, it doesn't stop them from deciding not to give u job because they are afraid of what may happen if u have access to the company's data. So this goes beyond all these stuffs u are talking about. I think some of us are even being more patriotic by taking our time to actually identify where the problem is and advocate that we tackle it from that perspective. Is this not the same crazy habit of our government? they will never solve a problem where the problem actually is, instead they will keep spending billions to solve problem where the problem is actually not.

2 Likes

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by sundaybam(m): 1:31am On Dec 08, 2012
Enough of this. This is not their first time. Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by AdeniyiA(m): 4:11am On Dec 08, 2012
the question is, when is Nigeria gonna stop rubbishing herself thru corrupt practices
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by miky(m): 4:38am On Dec 08, 2012
outrage: Can you really blame them?

have you ever worked amidst whites were you the only black? you seem like the kind who would eat shit when given too... we call them lilly livered uncle toms
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by jmslimx(m): 4:39am On Dec 08, 2012
What baffles me about this scam shit is ... Whites do the most advance scam .. the Nigeria scam is just in the fore front , Goto Romania , Russia , Eastern EU, North Africa , Iran , Vietnam , China and Even the UK there own citizens practices perfect hoax with Botnet and malware to steal from peeps. But because of the image our damn government has laid on ground that's why BBC airs what ever they want . Yes i am not saying this scams do not exist but they way they take it is like everything Nigeria is scam... I have seen a situation a Ghanian claiming to be a Nigeria when he was caught in the act same goes to Cameroonians.. I am in the IT Security Industry and there are a lot going on underground .. still BBC says shit about Nigeria.. Na Thunder go fire una

1 Like

Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 08, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Do you have a BRAIN IN YOUR HEAD?

TELL ME SOMETHING. IN YOUR EMAIL BOX, WHERE DO THE MAJORITY OF SCAM EMAILS EMANATE FROM?

Is it not the UK and USA?

''You won the lottery! Send a txt to xyz to claim!''

''You've been selected to win a prize! Click here to claim!''

''We have a plan that can make you rich in one week! Click here!''

DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE FALL FOR THOSE SCAMS EVERY SINGLE DAY?

ARE THEY COMING FROM NIGERIA?

RUBBISH.

you are really ignorant! all those emails are sent from Nigerians using American or UK IP to by pass in boxing filters undecided undecided

You really didn't know this? seriously? undecided
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Nobody: 6:33am On Dec 08, 2012
mrrock: @afam4eva
You're making a mistake. And before you fall for those whiteman scams get some education about internet scam.
I keep seeing this banner ad saying ''Google pay me N1,441,548 per day''. And when I traveled to Ghana it reads ''Google pay me 1,645,654 Cedis per day'' and in Benin republic it reads ''Google pay me 9,654,266 CFA per day''. This scam are being ran by by Americans or Brits themselves. I've checked it and I know they're not Nigerians.
Also note that Nigerian guys are very dynamic and don't send emails anymore!. Emails was a long time ago. Guys have gone more sophisticated, they don't need to send you an email anymore.

Shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how did you check? they are sent by Nigerians there in Edo state and Lagos Using Foreign IPS so the prospective victims will also trust them thinking they are not from Nigeria foool
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by saintneo(m): 6:49am On Dec 08, 2012
And some idiotas are asking for GEJ to appear on hardtalk BBC........SMHV
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Acethekid(m): 7:20am On Dec 08, 2012
What even baffles me is that you watch BBC! I mean, who does that? undecided
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Lcoolbabe(f): 7:30am On Dec 08, 2012
Let them say...na dem get their mouth ooo.
As for me i am proudly Nigerian.
If u notice, the whites cant do without coming to Nigeria. That is y u see many of dem in nija. If they are sick and tired of nija dey shld remain in their country buh u kno they cant cos they love nija which is the giant of Africa.
My people be proud of ur country abeg. No where wey corruption no dey. No where wey crime no dey. Na dem teach us so we go use am for dem jare. winkLet them say...na dem get their mouth ooo.
As for me i am proudly Nigerian.
If u notice, the whites cant do without coming to Nigeria. That is y u see many of dem in nija. If they are sick and tired of nija dey shld remain in their country buh u kno they cant cos they love nija which is the giant of Africa.
My people be proud of ur country abeg. No where wey corruption no dey. No where wey crime no dey. Na dem teach us so we go use am for dem jare.
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Alfy2: 7:33am On Dec 08, 2012
Nigeria deserves what it gets. See the grim images we present: the road from the International airport in Lagos; pot-holed, overgrown, dirty and congested with avaoidable traffic and stealing "road safety" officials who should be mending roads. Our own NTA with analogue pictures, poor presentation and copy cat documentaries. Major roads without street lights, even in Lagos!...
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by Revolva(m): 7:39am On Dec 08, 2012
Indeed Britain is a very lazy nation -- that's my own if not because they are white folks and own many territories - I wonder what they would have turn into -- bastards english
Re: When Is The BBC Going To Stop Rubbishing Nigeria ? by postemail: 8:48am On Dec 08, 2012
Guys, the truth is bitter. You have to accept that the country( Nigeria) is rubbish. Many people in Nigeria are great people, but some have very nasty attitude thats also contrubuting to the rubbish. There isn't any need defending the obvious fact that the gov't, the system and some of the people's attitude are making rubbish of the country.
On a flight to Kigali, a few weeks back, some Nigeria girls were obnoxious and noisy. They were dressed like whores. I reckon they were going to Dubai. You know what they do there. The flight crew got tired of their demands. They had the "fvck u rwanda, we r giant of africa" attitude. This attitude gives Nigeria a bad image. By the way, Kigali is more beautiful than Lagos.

Gov't isnt helping the people, and some of people aren't helping matters at all. During Saturday clean-up, dudes dump their trash and gutter trash on the roads. But these guys know that there isn't any gov't service to clear trash off the road. See the roads, rubbish everywhere. There's NO GOVERNMENT! People should contribute their own little help to help the Nigerian society.

Honestly, we need a change of attitude. Tone down the aggression abit. Stop being too quick to take advantage of others. Less greed will help the society.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stephen Hawking Urges Humans To Leave Earth To Avoid Disaster / Militaries Ammo Stocks Low As Ukraine War Drags - NATO, British Officials / To Keep the top job Zuma offers twelve cows to ancestors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.