Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? (9398 Views)

Some Things You Shouldn't Do When Wooing A Girl! / Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater / Top 10 Ladies On NAIRALAND That Are "Potential" Wife Materials. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by SisiKill1: 2:22am On Dec 10, 2012
With the way y'll Christians read meaning into everything. . .

If you talk to her on the street and she agrees, when you fight you will call her street girl.

If it's party you meet, 5 days later you will come to NL and ask if a Party Girl can be a good wife.

If you meet her in school, woo her and she agrees. . .in your mind, she becomes an unserious girl for agreeing to a man's wooing instead of facing her book.

If you woo her at work, you will conjuring up images of her doing the horizontal tango with her boss and that's how she got the job.

If you meet at club. . .oh wait never mind, you won't be there in the first place.

. . .Oga, where else will you meet the girl to match your superficial spirituality if not church?

Woo away! Abeg!!
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by SisiKill1: 2:27am On Dec 10, 2012
xyoung:
Na wah oh, som peopl can reason upside down
Picture d scenario, u visit a friend for a job interview/wedding or sometin very important, u decide to pass the sunday at his church and then u see a girl that really blew ur mind and meet all ur wife requirement inside d church in d presence of her family
Knowing quiet well you are travelling back d next day,
How do I handle this issue

Jeeedus! I didn't even read further before using the word Superficiality.

Dude, you are telling us you knew all of this from only one Sunday?!! Okay naa!

Just don't come back and open a thread about how some church girl deceived you. . .na you go fin trouble oh. lipsrsealed
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by SisiKill1: 2:30am On Dec 10, 2012
xyoung:
Thanks 4ur reply but seems u didn't read all d previous response above
1... I don't go to church wit d intension of wooing any body but as we all know, u can meet ur soulmate anywher eg market, aeroplane, cinema, library, church, wedding..dese are all places wher peopl gather and can't see any reason why u can't meet your wife in the church
2... I didn't say my eyes are hovering around
In the catholic church der s always a time when u shake people around you (peace of the lord be with you)..it can happen that the girl is sitting right in front of you with her parents
Don't jus look at it as if I am on a wooing spree but it jus happened dis particular person caught my full attention right inside the church..
BTW we are all matured people and not kids
That is the scenario

Rotflmao! I swear amma start taking my time reading the entire thread before responding.

I can't believe dude is already calling her his soulmate. . .he hasn't even spoken to her yet!!! cheesy cheesy

Lawd-a-mercy!!
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by AdeniyiA(m): 5:48am On Dec 10, 2012
your intents here really do matter a lot. the act is both good n bad,it's good if u truly wish to make her your beta half n bad if u just wanna av a fling because God -the rewarder of the works of men,is strongly present there as ur strongest witness,recording and judging u according to ur words n intentions. never joke wt God or take Him for granted - He judges actions by intentions,HE sees d heart of men
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by usdane: 11:27am On Dec 10, 2012
before Nko? Na today? Apart frm the money making issue, churches na place where boys and girls meet for hook up. Ko yato si club
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by mirakz(m): 1:55pm On Dec 10, 2012
It ll definitly be misunderstood if u woe her for the first time in the church. What if after woein her , she accepts and later, it couldn't work. How ll ur conscience feel. U absolutely have to go think about ur feelings if she is ur wife, u ll definitly come back for her.
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 10, 2012
U already know that its wrong.The house of God must be respected.Organise ur timetable and check out how to meet her any other place apart 4rm d church.If its ur 1st time in d church and u may not go there again,then thats equally ur 1st time of seeing the girl.And that means that lust has taken over.Physical appearance aint the basic thing that'll attract you 2 ur potential wife
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by ripo(m): 6:42pm On Dec 10, 2012
I dont think its wrong if u have a good intension. Ur case is a bit complicated o. Do u wanna keep a distance relationship or u intend relocating 2 dat town? (just kidding). I meet my girl friend in d church, I kept tab on her 4 a while before I struck (which I later found out she observed). It has been a smooth ride since then.
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by toygod2: 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2014
yap
Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by tpia1: 2:34am On Aug 18, 2014
xyoung: Like the topic suggest, jus wanna sample opinions if this is anything wrong with this morally. I mean for a matured guy searching for a wife and assuming you see a girl that matches all your expectation on the physical beauty side (mind you, her character can only be known when you talk to her)
The problem is that you are jus a visitor in that city and might not go there again..
Is it a sin to toast a girl in the house of God in that circumstance

you only saw her physical appearance and know nothing of her character.

and vice versa.

you could be boko haram for all anyone knows, and vice versa too.

1 Like

Re: Wooing A Potential Wife In Church, Right Or Wrong? by GoodFaith: 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2014
xyoung: Like the topic suggest, jus wanna sample opinions if this is anything wrong with this morally. I mean for a matured guy searching for a wife and assuming you see a girl that matches all your expectation on the physical beauty side (mind you, her character can only be known when you talk to her)
The problem is that you are jus a visitor in that city and might not go there again..
Is it a sin to toast a girl in the house of God in that circumstance
It is not a sin to toast a girl in the house of God
Your biggest problem is getting to know her "her character "
some of his people go to church to meet men
If you see them in church you will think that you people likely share the same values
Watch out

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Regain Control Or My Relationship / Unclad MAD Woman Roaming Banana Island (GRAPHIC pics) / 2 Young Girls Shows Off Their Tongues After Taking Codeine In Bayelsa (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.