Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,070 members, 7,811,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater (29910 Views)

I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba / Is It Possible For A Wife Beater To Change? / Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 10:28am On Feb 23, 2015
1. If he's not proud of you
He might feel like you are some kind of *embarrassment* to him. He might also resent you because he'll feel that people look down upon him because of you.

2. If he's possessive
He sees you as one of his belongings, so if feels threatened (like someone might snatch you away from him) he might beat to protect his territory.

3. If he's a mama's boy
He might beat because his mum comes first & he'll see you as trying to break that bond.

4. If he's a flirt
He'll beat because you'll try to put him in line and he'll take it for you trying to control his life.

5. If he's insecure
He feels that he might lose you any time, so you'll find yourselves quarreling over "Who called you?", "Who did you stop to greet?" etc. This might lead to beating.

6. If he's a drunk
When he knocks and you go to open the door, you might receive a punch...Alcohol has a way of interferring with someone's reasoning capacity. That's why when someone is drunk, they can give even their deepest secret.

7. If he uses drugs (Cocaine, heroine, etc). The explanation is same as above.

8. If he gets angry easily/he's highly temperamental
When you are angry you can do crazy things, which include beating. Some people know how to control their anger, but others don't.

9. If he's a chauvinist
He has prejudice against women. He sees them as inferior beings who have no say. If you try to challenge his beliefs/the status quo, he might beat you.

10. If he's a masochist
A masochist is someone who obtains pleasure from receiving punishment. He might transfer that to you thinking that you'll also like it.

These guys are our brothers and will marry one day. What advice can you give to a lady whose partner is apotential *beater* (especially when leaving is not an option)?

18 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Enegod(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2015
It seems like women have all the answers about abusive relationships/marriage and know all the warning signs but seem to always be in abusive relationships.
Maybe if you all keep reminding yourselves of the signs, you will eventually get it right....

27 Likes

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2015
Op nice list.
I agree with you on every point except point 3

A man who is a mama's boy definitely won't be a wife beater.
Because of the closeness towards his mum, he must have already developed respect for her which would subconsciously have created a respect and regard for women in general.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by kentochi(m): 10:52am On Feb 23, 2015
Guys ma plus 1 year today.
Can somebody wish me happy birthday!.
Am so happy.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by lovat(m): 10:53am On Feb 23, 2015
missjenna:
Op nice list.

A man who is a mama's boy definitely won't be a wife beater. Because of the closeness towards his mum, he must have already developed respect for her which would subconsciously have created a respect for women in general.
A mama's boy acts like being programmed, he doesn't care or respect the wife views, he belives Mama is always right and he sees the wife as a cog in the wheel of Mama's affection. A mama's boy is real hell living with

6 Likes

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Enegod(m): 11:06am On Feb 23, 2015
missjenna:
Op nice list.

A man who is a mama's boy definitely won't be a wife beater. Because of the closeness towards his mum, he must have already developed respect for her which would subconsciously have created a respect for women in general.
I'm with you on this one..
Men that don't get along with their
mothers are potential wife beaters..

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by alberto2k(m): 11:13am On Feb 23, 2015
kentochi:
Am so happy.
Happy birthday bro!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by alberto2k(m): 11:21am On Feb 23, 2015
Op Your list makes alota sense

I remember the day I slapped a girl in high school (though she caused it)
I took ill hours later, it was like a near death experience...
Somehow I got a little strength the next day, I hurriedly went to this girl and begged her... She was crying and she told me she has forgiven me

Mehn, I started feeling better and hale from that moment...

Since that day I learnt my Lessons the hard way and I vowed to my self never to hit any girl again. smiley

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Sarimah(f): 11:55am On Feb 23, 2015
very true

nice list op
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 23, 2015
sooooooo true.

nice one op
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
Enegod:
It seems like women have all the answers about abusive relationships/marriage and know all the warning signs but seem to always be in abusive relationships.
Maybe if you all keep reminding yourselves of the signs, you will eventually get it right....
The signs are there, but sometimes we are blinded by love.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2015
kentochi:
Am so happy.
Happy birthday!

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2015
Nice one ladyX
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 12:08pm On Feb 23, 2015
alberto2k:
Op Your list makes alota sense

I remember the day I slapped a girl in high school (though she caused it)
I took ill hours later, it was like a near death experience...
Somehow I got a little strength the next day, I hurriedly went to this girl and begged her... She was crying and she told me she has forgiven me

Mehn, I started feeling better and hale from that moment...

Since that day I learnt my Lessons the hard way and I vowed to my self never to hit any girl again. smiley

That's nice. What would you advice ladies with potentially abusive partners?
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Enegod(m): 12:09pm On Feb 23, 2015
LadyX:

The signs are there, but sometimes we are blinded by love.
love indeed! undecided

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 12:09pm On Feb 23, 2015
Sarimah:
very true

nice list op
Thanks smiley
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
Enegod:
love indeed! undecided
Some people get seriously beaten but they choose to stay because they are 'in love'. What would you call that? wink

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 12:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
brito:
Nice one ladyX
Thanks! wink
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Enegod(m): 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
LadyX:

Some people get seriously beaten but they choose to stay because they are 'in love'. What would you call that? wink
madness grin

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 12:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
Enegod:
madness grin

grin grin What advice can you give ladies who are beaten by their partners?
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Enegod(m): 12:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
LadyX:

grin grin What advice can you give ladies who are beaten by their partners?
to go and learn kung-fu or tai-chi to contain the situation grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Nobody: 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2015
If he talks too much, ladies listen if the guy you're dating is talking too much pls be careful. women naturally talks a lot that's how God created us but if a guy talks like a woman there is a problem. If you both are arguing he may want to shut you up by beating. Every man want his gf or wife to respect him by keeping quiet when he's talking, that seems impossible if he's talking . LewisO hope you don't talk too much cos its a no, no for me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 12:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
Enegod:
to go and learn kung-fu or tai-chi to contain the situation grin grin
Chai! grin grin grin You wan kill person? If I practice kung-fu on you how will you react?
Abeg give me something realistic. cheesy
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by alberto2k(m): 12:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
LadyX:

That's nice. What would you advice ladies with potentially abusive partners?

It depends on the type of person the lady is

If the lady is someone who is careless with her words, like to get in an arguement over little things(the fast, running mouth types) she better stay off from guyz that are potentially abusive

I'd advice they learn to be carefull with their words, avoid arguements, they should try to be gentle with their partners (like if he says he doesn't like this, don't ask why, just get it done first and after that u can ask him why he doesn't like that)

2 Likes

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2015
brito:
If he talks too much, ladies listen if the guy you're dating is talking too much pls be careful. women naturally talks a lot that's how God created us but if a guy talks like a woman there is a problem. If you both are arguing he may want to shut you up by beating. Every man want his gf or wife to respect him by keeping quiet when he's talking, that seems impossible if he's talking . LewisO hope you don't talk too much cos its a no, no for me.

That's so true! The 2 of you will compete in talking. Now imagine a situation where he's on the wrong and you're trying to tell him he's wrong. He'll try to be defensive and next, na slap you go get for face undecided

Lol @ LewisO...He'll skin you alive today grin
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
LadyX:

That's so true! The 2 of you will compete in talking. Now imagine a situation where he's on the wrong and you're trying to tell him he's wrong. He'll try to be defensive and next, na slap you go get for face undecided

Lol @ LewisO...He'll skin you alive today grin

If he tries that no.......for him today. I don't like guys that talk too much, such guys don't take advice
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 12:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
alberto2k:

It depends on the type of person the lady is

If the lady is someone who is careless with her words, like to get in an arguement over little things(the fast, running mouth types) she better stay off from guyz that are potentially abusive

I'd advice they learn to be carefull with their words, avoid arguements, they should try to be gentle with their partners (like if he says he doesn't like this, don't ask why, just get it done first and after that u can ask him why he doesn't like that)

Very useful advice.
I only have a problem with the bolded. What if he's asking you to do something outrageous?
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by alberto2k(m): 12:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
LadyX:

Very useful advice.
I only have a problem with the bolded. What if he's asking you to do something outrageous?

First you gotta ask why

If u sense he's getting upset
Then tryna calm him down

Every man, has "mumu button" and every lady should learn how to use it to calm him down

P.S: someone who truely loves you won't be asking you to do something outrageous smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Enegod(m): 12:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
LadyX:

Chai! grin grin grin You wan kill person? If I practice kung-fu on you how will you react?
Abeg give me something realistic. cheesy
grin

well, Some women think that's the way he
shows love. I had a friend that told me she liked it when she got abused because that was the only time he gave her any attention.
She said they would have sex after the
abuse...I was dumbfounded

Some women like it... Those that don't like being abused, I think they should quit the relationship.. But again, some are too scared to leave. They think they have no other options.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 12:44pm On Feb 23, 2015
alberto2k:

First you gotta ask why

If u sense he's getting upset
Then tryna calm him down

Every man, has "mumu button" and every lady should learn how to use it to calm him down

P.S: someone who truely loves you won't be asking you to do something outrageous smiley
Thanks jare wink
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by LadyX(f): 12:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
Enegod:
grin

well, Some women think that's the way he
shows love. I had a friend that told me she liked it when she got abused [/b]because that was the only time he gave her any attention.
She said [b]they would have sex after the
abuse
...I was dumbfounded

Some women like it... Those that don't like being abused, I think they should quit the relationship.. But again, some are too scared to leave. They think they have no other options.

Her motivation for liking to be beaten was s*x.
Re: Signs Of A Potential Wife-Beater by Enegod(m): 12:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
LadyX:

Her motivation for liking to be beaten was s*x.
Yeah, maybe the guy has huge konda...undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do Nigerian Girls Really Know The Meaning Of "Orente"? / New Marriage About To Crash. / My Girlfriend Just Broke My Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.